Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

conspiracy theorists

Can our Sims become conspiracy theorists?

If so how

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I wish I had an answer for you. I'm just one of those people who feels I shouldn't visit a thread and not comment. I do hope another player comes along soon who can resolve this question for you. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2021
    Combining the erratic trait and the paranoid trait from Strangerville gives a sim some conspiracy type behaviors and interactions. In fact, the paranoid trait includes a preference for living in a basement, hacking interactions on the computer and some conspiracy-oriented dialog. There isn't a job category you could use, but it would be fun to create a club with a bunch of these traited sims!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    With enough mischief skill you can "share conspiracy theory".
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    with cheats they can (just requires adding the conspiracy theorist hidden trait, i'll post the whole cheat below in spoilers in case you want it

i actually have a played conspiracy theorist sim, though he's just a townie-spawned one i made played (also have played strangerville scientist and military sims done the same way... too bad you can't do that with the sims in black (they lose that hidden trait if played))
    traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangetown_Conspiracist

my conspiracy theorist lives in the trailer park with a bunker beneath his trailer, makes his living off posting conspiracy theory videos via the media mixing skill (including taking a drone to windenberg's bluffs to try and spot emily. and stalking through granite falls to find bigfoot). he also leads a club made up entirely of conspiracy theorists which meets up in an external upstairs room added to the 8 bells bar
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    @kalaksed I wondered if there was a hidden trait cheat since Strangerville has the conspiracy theorist special Sim. Thanks for the info.
    here's a list of all the strangerville hidden traits related to those roles, again under spoilers, but this time just because of the amount of text
    Strangetown: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangetown_NPC_PremadeSim

Veteran Hermit: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangerville_VeteranHermit

Conspiracist: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangetown_Conspiracist

Shop Owner: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangetown_CurioShop
    careers.add_career CurioShopOwner

Scientist. traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangetown_Scientist
    careers.add_career Adult_NPC_StrangeVille_Scientist

Military: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangetown_Military

Agent: traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Strangetown_Agent 2
    careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_StrangeVille_OGA

Infected: traits.equip_trait trait_Strangerville_Infected
    traits.equip_trait trait_Strangerville_ActivelyPossessed_Overlay

the 'veteran hermit' is the trait for the guy living in the crashed plane by default (so you can make a replacement for him if you want)
    similar for 'curio shop owner' (who, for some reason, is morgyn ember in my game... the default guy got culled and he was who the game randomly selected to replace him)

the strangerville military will keep their military career if played, strangerville scientist will lose theirs if played (both keep the hidden trait and the big red text when played though. i've actually got two former strangerville scientists. one is now a botanist, the other is in the gtw science career)

and i guess i was partially wrong on the strangerville agents losing their trait... they'd lose the career but should keep the trait. definitely need to double check that one
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Isn't Sim In Black just the top level (or near it) of the other branch of the Millitary Career? I could have sworn I played one. She didn't have the trait, but she had the job.
    @DaWaterRat there are two versions of the sims in black... one is one of the two paths of the military career, yes. the other is the townies you'll see wandering around, stealing fridges and stuff, the ones with the red titles beneath their name.

similar to how the military has the military career and then the townies with the 'strangerville military' title (and related hidden trait)...who are all actually in the military career. or the strangerville scientist sims have their related hidden trait and an npc only career (that they lose when you play them, though they keep the hidden trait/title)
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I doubt it.
    A counter part is found in the military career.
    When a conspiracy theorist is made playable, the sim looses his or her job and another npc takes the place in the conspiracy theorist stall.
    The former conspiracy theorist might keep some traits, though.
    there's actually a difference between conspiracy theorist and the stall owner (the stall owner's title is 'curio shop owner'). yes, the curio shop owner loses the stall if they're made played, but there are already multiple randomly generated conspiracy theorists created when you first visit strangerville. i even had one become the bartender at 8 bells... she was why i decided to even have my conspiracy club meeting there
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Another option is using your imagination to designate certain NPCs into whatever role you need them to play for your own storytelling purposes.

There's no such thing as Winterfest in my game (my world's "major" holidays are of my own design), but the game still has Father Winter wandering around. He's often found in San Myshuno's Spice Quarter sleeping on a park bench.

So I decided to make up my own backstory for him—basically he's a crackpot, conspiracy theorist, and overall raving loon. Because if I ran into a guy on the streets of downtown Seattle who thought he was Santa Claus, that's exactly the type of guy I'd figure him for! Double especially if there was no such thing as Christmas!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
    @ACruelButLovingGod out of curiosity, do you use mods like mccc or showsiminfo? something that lets you see a sim's hidden traits? i'm super curious if your father winter somehow got the 'isweirdo' trait from city living, which would honestly be pretty amazing and would totally suit your story there
    (that trait is what those sims in the weird outfits or raccoon outfits that wander around san myshuno neighborhoods have. and like father winter's trait, it makes them immortal)

if he doesn't have the trait, you could potentially add it to him (and the conspiracy theorist one, maybe) to help him continue stuff like that
    @kalaksed The "isweirdo" trait?? Wow, I learned something. Does this explain all the people who go around San Myshuno in wrestling helmets and striped tights?
    @mightysprite some, yes, but not all. it's typically the weirdos that wear those wrestling masks, st patrick's day hats or raccoon suits, but occasionally the game will have other sims wear those, too. it seems to typically want 2-3 weirdos, so if you delete one or it gets culled another will be created to replace it
    the trait also makes them unable to die from old age, so they'll stay around basically forever unless culled or killed off some other way. (for fun i had one turned into a vampire while they were wearing a raccoon suit. it's ridiculous to see the raccoon turn into a bat to travel around)
    I love San Myshuno even more now. Thanks @kalaksed

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @ACruelButLovingGod out of curiosity, do you use mods like mccc or showsiminfo? something that lets you see a sim's hidden traits? i'm super curious if your father winter somehow got the 'isweirdo' trait from city living, which would honestly be pretty amazing and would totally suit your story there
    (that trait is what those sims in the weird outfits or raccoon outfits that wander around san myshuno neighborhoods have. and like father winter's trait, it makes them immortal)

if he doesn't have the trait, you could potentially add it to him (and the conspiracy theorist one, maybe) to help him continue stuff like that

I use no mods at all other than a few bug-fixing mods from Simvasion.

As for Father Winter, that would be...weird...if he got that trait. My role assignments for NPCs are strictly rooted in the old writer's game of "watch someone walk down the street and make up a story in your head about their life."
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
    it's the sleeping on a park bench that makes me wonder... usually visitors to the neighborhoods wander off after whatever their role requires of them, to leave the neighborhood, at least for a while
    the weirdos tend to stick around and sleep on the benches in san myshuno. though if father winter somehow got stuck, i guess he'd do the same