Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did cc get added to my game?

BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
edited December 2021 in General Mods Discussion
I reinstalled the game after a long break, and only downloaded my own creations from many years ago, because for some reason my Library was empty. But only sims. Could it be possible that there was cc on those sims I forgot about, and that they got added to my game this way? So far I've downloaded a few build items from Modthesims and from TheSimsResource. But never any clothes or make-up, yet I still get those in CAS.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Downloads from the Gallery cannot contain CC. However, if you download packs of multiple items. households, or lots from other sites you could end up with all sorts of CC. Unless you're only downloading from the Gallery, check what you've downloaded to see what got included, especially if there are merged package files. I find that Sims 4 Studio is a useful way to do this. Sometimes people have merged stuff, and I can use S4S to unmerge it then delete the parts I didn't want.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited December 2021
    Thank you, I did not know cc could not be included in the gallery, it's reassuring in a way. To be honest I just learned that the make-up called MAC was added by Maxis themselves. There's still some anomalies, but I won't go into details, way too many notes to take and my game is off.
  • wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    Thank you, I did not know cc could not be included in the gallery, it's reassuring in a way. To be honest I just learned that the make-up called MAC was added by Maxis themselves. There's still some anomalies, but I won't go into details, way too many notes to take and my game is off.

Yep. It can. Custom content can sometimes come attached with items downloaded from the gallery just as luthienrising mentioned.

As a general precaution, there are options to allow Custom content which is checked to allow by default. You'll need to uncheck the boxes from your game settings menu, in-game. Also, make sure that items with CC do not appear in your gallery search by unchecking the box there as well.

Occasionally, sims and households that have no cc can accidentally end up with some errors that cause loads of issues which can be easily fixed in-game. The errors come from being uploaded with items in their inventory that get deleted upon uploading to the gallery.

Reset-sim will work sometimes. Other times, obtaining an inventory of the same items solves the problem.

Another game issue is having duplicates your library, even if you changed the names. Delete the one you don't want and try restarting.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »

Yep. It can. Custom content can sometimes come attached with items downloaded from the gallery just as luthienrising mentioned.

No, CC can't come attached in the Gallery. Any CC uploaded to the Gallery is stripped from the item. It will never download from there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.