Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Barnacle Bay on the Sims store

I know that many years ago some kind of promotion happened and Barnacle Bay became free for many people. It was not for me. From time to time, I see people posting that they just got it for free. I just thought that it was there the whole time for them and they just did not notice it. I do always check just in case. I saw someone post the same thing this morning on an other platform. I went to check as usual and I had the blue download button !! So, just a heads up if you dont own Barnacle bay. Go check the store and you might get a surprise !

Comments

• IwanaloginIwanalogin Posts: 300 Member
    Whoa, that's amazing, thanks for letting us know. I had no idea haha... I will definitely make use of those pirate items!
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    It's not free for me and I don't see a SimPoint option, only a USD option. (Which might be relevant, I don't know.)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    I had to buy it twice. I bought it when it first came out. Then a couple years ago, with a new PC, I went to download it again but it was exclusively packaged with another item. I could not download it without purchasing the whole package. :'(
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Barnacle Bay was free for players who preordered the TS3 EP Island Paradise in 2013.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2021
    Barnacle Bay was free for players who preordered the TS3 EP Island Paradise in 2013.
    That's one of the ways it was supposed to work, originally. But EA messed up and almost no one got to take advantaged of the free offer. After much time had passed, EA "fixed" it but in the process many of us who never actually pre-ordered anything and had no particular interest in Barnacle Bay at some point wandered onto its store page and saw that it was there waiting for us to download it.

That's how I got it, I think around 2015 or 16. Other players got it or only just noticed it much later than that. Never played the world myself, but it's been installed and is more or less patiently sitting there waiting for me to check it all out in-game one of these days, when I have time.

(If had a simoleon for ever time I've had to qualify statements about this game with "one of these days, when I have time," I could retire early and actually indeed have the time to do many of them.) :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    It's a great maritime world and technically the best substitute for Isla Paradiso.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I love Barnacle Bay. It’s great for playing a pirate themed gameplay and the Shipwreck Diner is a nice change from the usual restaurants in town.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I love finally being able to discover my second time around with Sims 3 for myself the Sims 3 Store & it's cool worlds I was never able to be online back in 2011-2013 to get the Custom Content worlds.
    I love Barnacle Bay & Dragon Alley. I so love playing Medieval Times.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited January 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I love finally being able to discover my second time around with Sims 3 for myself the Sims 3 Store & it's cool worlds I was never able to be online back in 2011-2013 to get the Custom Content worlds.
    I love Barnacle Bay & Dragon Alley. I so love playing Medieval Times.

There is a custom world Cotes d'Ambonnay that you might enjoy if you love playing the Medieval worlds. It is beautifully done but I found it needed some extra customisation before it is ready to play and didn't suit me at the time I tried to play it as I was making a video and I found the rooms too small for me to easily record video in it.

Here's a link. It's a French Medieval world on 3 islands.

https://thesimscatalog.com/sims3/downloads/worlds/small/cotes-dambonnay/

EDIT: I tried this link and arrived at the site but the download button there didn't work for me.
    But there is a link on that web page that takes you to the discussion on the Sims 3 forum. So that will give extra info.

I was able to find the world on the Sims 3 Exchange by choosing Worlds and pasting Cotes d'Ambonnay as a search parameter. It is in the studio of xSorcier