Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghosts and Ambrosia... Work around?

WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
So I inadvertently killed a Sim, resurrected her ghost and tried ambrosia which apparently no longer works. Unfortunately she died before her roomie wrote A Book of Life. Has anyone found a way to restore a Sim? Note: I've tried the Wishing Well and am working on spellcraft skill building... [Update: Used McCmdCenter]
Post edited by Wndblwz on

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    What happened when you tried the Ambosia?
    Those are the only ways to resurrect a sim, besides cheating. The magic way is probably your best bet.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you're okay with cheating, the well can actually be super easy if you don't have a spellcaster with the right spell available

with cheats enabled you can shift click the wishing well and get a variety of options, including 'always give worst outcome' and 'always give best outcome'. with the latter activated, the ghost wishing for life will be guaranteed to be brought back (just remember to click it back to normal after if you want variety with wishes again)

(i tend to use the cheats like that a lot for story purposes, esp for things with screenshots that get posted on the forums and such)
  • Options
    @Astro , when I tried Ambrosia, the Sim reacted as though they would convert but remained a ghost. I now have several Books of Life on hand for the next death.
  • Options
    @kalaksed , yeah, something is borked in my game. None of the normal methods worked, including the wishing well. I like cheats. :)