Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    If I add enough homeless sims, will the game stop generating so many townies?

Not that I have been able to see. The game just keeps pumping them out :/ There is a couple of mods that can be used to gain some control:

No Random Townies
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263

MCCC can be setup to use your library if the game needs townies. It will load them from there and when it runs out of sims, the game generation takes over. The problem is that many folk (including me) have half built households etc in my library and have been too lazy to save those out somewhere.
    Thank you <3

I'll look into the No Random Townies mod.
    MCCC feature is my backup plan... I just wanted to avoid clogging up my library with more households.

I use that mod and it really seems to work well. I did run into a problem where my actor showed up to work and there were no producers/actors on the lot to interact with, which I think may have been caused by this mod doing such a good job that the game wasn't allowed to generate Sims to fill these roles. I play rotationally, and I have started to leave it in for a couple rotations and then take it out for one so that the game is allowed to fill roles it really needs to fill. Then I just go through and manually delete the generated Sims I really don't want. It's working pretty well, but took some playing around to find a rhythm that works.
    I did read the mod description and decided having to pull out different sections of this mod occasionally isn't something I'm interested in. I set up MCCC to use my library sims instead with a special tag. While I wanted to avoid clogging up my library with more sims, I'm also trying to cut back on how many mods I use. It's great Zero has so many helpful mods all for free on their page.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I think I finally did it. I finally broke my game by having too many mods.
    So I finally got a default cc skinblend and eyes and I'm loving them
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Was watching Squid Games this weekend and the final scene took place at the Incheon International Airport in South Korea. Thought that was cool.
    edited December 2021
    bluedanube wrote: »
    deleted

Did you delete all your comments? 🤔 I believe you can request EA to delete your forum account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-4&platform=pc&category=data-privacy&issue=delete-my-data&isLoginForm=true

Hope everything's okay.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Random question time...

I'd like to have my Sim live in a world where he might interact with a wide variety of interesting people. We have a lot of Sims in our Gallery who would make fun supporting characters. I don't want or need to make these Sims active, until/unless they become big parts of the story. Most of them would live their Sim-lives out as extras.

I've found the the Sims who are Not in World don't appear as often as the ones who share a world with your active Sim.

Can I move a full household of eight Sims onto a vacant lot, or into a house that doesn't have eight beds? Will these Sims go to the library and work out at the gym, walk through the neighborhood, skate at the local rink, etc.?

If I never make them active, does it matter that they would never be able to live like that?
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    edited December 2021
    Random question time...

I'd like to have my Sim live in a world where he might interact with a wide variety of interesting people. We have a lot of Sims in our Gallery who would make fun supporting characters. I don't want or need to make these Sims active, until/unless they become big parts of the story. Most of them would live their Sim-lives out as extras.

I've found the the Sims who are Not in World don't appear as often as the ones who share a world with your active Sim.

Can I move a full household of eight Sims onto a vacant lot, or into a house that doesn't have eight beds? Will these Sims go to the library and work out at the gym, walk through the neighborhood, skate at the local rink, etc.?

If I never make them active, does it matter that they would never be able to live like that?

I really haven’t tried just dumping them on a lot. When I want a group of specific townies, I usually make an townhouse apartment type dwelling on one lot, combine 8 of them in a household, put them in the apartments (cheat funds or free real estate if needed) then mark them as unplayed. Then they’re in your game but not actively being played by you. The game will make them show up around town, just like other unplayed characters.
    @cyncie That's a good idea. The save I'm playing now takes place in a world that has houses I like on every lot, so I'd prefer not to have to tear one down to make space for my townhouse. None of them have bedroom space for 8 Sims, so unless I do some interior decorating (which I hate to do, since these houses are so well-decorated), I'd have to "cheat" the sleeping space issue.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited December 2021
    @MoonlightGraham If you won't be playing them at all, the number of actual beds in the house won't matter. I've done the same thing you want to do in a number of my saves (putting a full household of custom townies on lots that I consider "expendable"), and it works out fine.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    @MoonlightGraham Yes, you can just dump them onto an empty lot, I do it all the time. 😁
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    My Sim once had an odd job star rating of 5, but at some point that stat just disappeared. How can I be sure it won't happen again (or with ongoing errands)?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
    Steam says that I've played TS4 for 72 hours, but I play mainly offline and Steam doesn't count offline hours. It's a rare event when I do play online. So I must have hundreds of hours already. O_O
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    So I've been playing live mode a lot more than usual and I had a quick question for you all. Is there a definitive way to make sure sims you like don't get culled? I never really thought about that until now. I read somewhere how Erwin got culled from someone's game and it made me think how I don't want stuff like that to happen.
  • SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 160 Member
    So I've been playing live mode a lot more than usual and I had a quick question for you all. Is there a definitive way to make sure sims you like don't get culled? I never really thought about that until now. I read somewhere how Erwin got culled from someone's game and it made me think how I don't want stuff like that to happen.

Mark the household played in Household Manager and they will not be culled. Other option is to use mods, for example with MCCC you can flag sims to not be culled. 😊
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited December 2021
    I got a new laptop to play the sims & my sister has been asking to try it out since I can play on higher graphic settings, lol. If I make her a new user account on my laptop, will both Origin & TS4 be available to her, or will I have to download everything again? And if they’re available, will the icons already be on the desktop or will I have to search for the programs & then add shortcuts?
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    I'm currently working on a project where, among other things, my Sim has to learn every recipe. Now there are two drinks available, of which you can unlock only one (by completing a quest).

As of now, both drinks are still locked, but all that's left to do is "tell the pub owner which drink to serve" (gathering ingredients no longer required). Would you say close enough?

p.s. I'm doing this for others (whose preferences I don't know), so picking a side isn't an option here.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    SanniSilli wrote: »

Mark the household played in Household Manager and they will not be culled. Other option is to use mods, for example with MCCC you can flag sims to not be culled. 😊

Thank you so much! Just went through and marked a bunch played.
    Does anyone know if something like a hatch exists that can be placed above ladders? Like an attic ladder thing I guess?
    SanniSilli wrote: »

Thank you so much! Just went through and marked a bunch played.

Does marking lots of households as played slow the game down very much? I'm playing on a very good laptop, and it's running just fine, but I'm considering putting the "played" tag on quite a few more households.

Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    @simgirl1010 Haha I never have, but NPC Rashidah Watson entered it in the fair once when I visited :)

gen3-banner.png
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    If I add enough homeless sims, will the game stop generating so many townies?

Not that I have been able to see. The game just keeps pumping them out :/ There is a couple of mods that can be used to gain some control:

No Random Townies
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263

MCCC can be setup to use your library if the game needs townies. It will load them from there and when it runs out of sims, the game generation takes over. The problem is that many folk (including me) have half built households etc in my library and have been too lazy to save those out somewhere.
    Thank you <3

I'll look into the No Random Townies mod.
    MCCC feature is my backup plan... I just wanted to avoid clogging up my library with more households.

I use that mod and it really seems to work well. I did run into a problem where my actor showed up to work and there were no producers/actors on the lot to interact with, which I think may have been caused by this mod doing such a good job that the game wasn't allowed to generate Sims to fill these roles. I play rotationally, and I have started to leave it in for a couple rotations and then take it out for one so that the game is allowed to fill roles it really needs to fill. Then I just go through and manually delete the generated Sims I really don't want. It's working pretty well, but took some playing around to find a rhythm that works.

I use the NPCC mod that allows you to get rid of the townies. You must know that the townies are sims without home's. They become the mailman or woman, the maid, gardener, nanny and so forth. With the NPCC mod the unemployed home owners families become the occupants of those jobs. Imagine Nancy Landgrabb as your maid.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I got a new laptop to play the sims & my sister has been asking to try it out since I can play on higher graphic settings, lol. If I make her a new user account on my laptop, will both Origin & TS4 be available to her, or will I have to download everything again? And if they’re available, will the icons already be on the desktop or will I have to search for the programs & then add shortcuts?

Oh boy!!! Houston, we have a problem. I bought a new pc after my last one was stolen over a year ago. I had all of the receipts, and key codes for my TS4 games that were on the last computer. When I tried to download the game on my new computer, I could not because I had already used those codes on another pc and Origin wouldn't allow the download. So I had to contact "support" and speak to a service agent who looked up my history. He saw that I had over 2000 hours playing the Sims and was very interested in getting me back online with my new pc. After I answered a few questions, he downloaded TS4 to my new computer from where ever he was in the world. If not for the "support" contact, I wouldn't be texting this now. All I'm saying is contact the Origin support to make sure that your sister will be able to do what you want to do before you do it and have to pay for it later.
  • KriseldaKriselda Posts: 25 Member
    Has anyone made a mod that prevents Sims from using cauldrons to make food? It drives me nuts because if they make Mac & Cheese, Chili or Cippolini in the cauldron, then the next time I go to make an actual potion, there's a good chance I'll get something that LOOKS like the potion until you go to bottle it up, and then you end up with a plate of food in your hand and several more in your pack. I've tried resetting (debug) the cauldron after each time it's used for food, but it doesn't always help.

Thanks!!
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Kriselda wrote: »
    Has anyone made a mod that prevents Sims from using cauldrons to make food? It drives me nuts because if they make Mac & Cheese, Chili or Cippolini in the cauldron, then the next time I go to make an actual potion, there's a good chance I'll get something that LOOKS like the potion until you go to bottle it up, and then you end up with a plate of food in your hand and several more in your pack. I've tried resetting (debug) the cauldron after each time it's used for food, but it doesn't always help.

Thanks!!

Give this a try:

https://modthesims.info/d/658080/no-cooking-no-autonomous-cooking-in-cauldrons.html
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top