Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 subscription

124...Next

Comments

• sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2021
    Bluntly, the game franchise will turn into a huge pile of joke if EA does that. There's a huge possibility I won't even bother to buy it. I need to prioritize my money, considering sooner or later I have to make my own money, pay taxes and necessities. I wouldn't have the money to pay them.

EAxis will basically make fools out of themselves if they're planning on doing it - they try to milk money in any way possible, but getting to that level of milking us? They'll just lose all of their fan-base and almost nobody will buy their game. Great job to them for it!
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited November 2021
    Bluntly, the game franchise will turn into a huge pile of joke if EA does that. There's a huge possibility I won't even bother to buy it. I need to prioritize my money, considering sooner or later I have to make my own money, pay taxes and necessities. I wouldn't have the money to pay them.

EAxis will basically make fools out of themselves if they're planning on doing it - they try to milk money in any way possible, but getting to that level of milking us? They'll just lose all of their fan-base and almost nobody will buy their game. Great job to them for it!
    Exactly why pay a Subscribtion for a game like the Sims, I play the Sims whenever I'm in the mood, I'm not rich enough to afford buying every Sims DLC, I'm also quite selective about the DLCs I get but that's besides the point, I can only get Sims DLCs with my birthday money, if it goes that route I'm going to have to drop the Sims for another game.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member

Exactly why pay a Subscribtion for a game like the Sims, I play the Sims whenever I'm in the mood, I'm not rich enough to afford buying every Sims DLC, I'm also quite selective about the DLCs I get but that's besides the point, I can only get Sims DLCs with my birthday money, if it goes that route I'm going to have to drop the Sims for another game.

I'll just continue playing The Sims 3. Also, on the topic of selecting DLCs carefully, I may have purchased some DLCs for The Sims 4 but when I've done that with Snowy Escape, I said it's the last straw with that game. Then, I bought Late Night & Ambitions (once again since the original keys hadn't been working) and then Island Paradise to complete my collection. I'm done with buying DLC.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2021
    I wonder how they will market TS5. Are they going to put down TS4 to make TS5 sound better. They did that in 2014 by saying they were good at selling that fiction (TS2 had emotions, too) and we had never seen emotions like those in TS4. They put down TS3 many times in order to push TS4. I can't recall how many ways they put down TS3 but they did. lol It's going to be funny to me how they market TS5 as they point out all the faults of TS4 to make people believe how much better TS5 will be. After all these years of telling us how great TS4 is and hiding or ignoring all it's faults. Then remove and or frown on any negative feedback about TS5 when it is them who told us how great TS4 is, and then go and tells us no, that was fiction, TS5 is better. ROFL
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2021
    EA probably want to become like Disney.

EA Lifestyle is designed to turn their "gaming brands into globally-recognized lifestyle and entertainment brands and to create a significant new revenue source." (product licensing, brand partnerships & entertainment)

TS4 is the center of the brand (The Sims Spark'd, The Sims Official Threadless Store)

EA Lifestyle is designed to turn their "gaming brands into globally-recognized lifestyle and entertainment brands and to create a significant new revenue source." (product licensing, brand partnerships & entertainment)

TS4 is the center of the brand (The Sims Spark'd, The Sims Official Threadless Store)

Only if EA wants to lose money, 2020 and 2021 were not good years for Disney, Covid 19 exposed their two-faced hypocritical nature, Mulan's concentration camps, Firing both Johnny Depp and Gina Carano were just the tip of the Disney Iceberg, They didn't support the things they claimed to support and personally I don't want EA going down the same path.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    ummm bye...LOL no way am I paying a subscription. This is not an mmo and they are not releasing content fast enough for it to be worth it.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's probably both.

Kits are the equivalent of Store Bundles. Add a subscription. Or Season Passes, which are subscriptions in all but names.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited December 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's probably both.

Kits are the equivalent of Store Bundles. Add a subscription. Or Season Passes, which are subscriptions in all but names.

I don't understand why people need kits or have the insane need to buy every pack, I at least only buy packs with Occult sims, I might reconsider buying kits if there was something supernatural or creepy in them, but so far Sims 4 mostly been releasing boring stuff like dust bunnies or laundry or farming or eco life style, need I go on, it's like where all the interesting stuff.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited December 2021

Only if EA wants to lose money, 2020 and 2021 were not good years for Disney, Covid 19 exposed their two-faced hypocritical nature, Mulan's concentration camps, Firing both Johnny Depp and Gina Carano were just the tip of the Disney Iceberg, They didn't support the things they claimed to support and personally I don't want EA going down the same path.

It is already probably too late. Corporations are in it to make money. That's all. They are a means to an end, and usually that end is skewed to paying the people at the top, the people who already have it beyond luxurious, who simply want to pile money upon money to compete with their own type to a pointless, soulless display of extravagance, like peacocks. And in exchange, they offer work for pay with the minimum they can get away with to get the job done.

The rest is window dressing designed to pull the gullible or soft-hearted in, whatever trend is likely to rake in the dough fastest. If they think they can make more money by shocking people and/or making them angry, they will do that. If they think they can make more money by appealing to people's ideas of a better world, they will do that, and pretend to offer a solution, if we will just buy their product. If they can scare us into believing doom is imminent if we do not buy their product or service, they will do that. And if you cannot afford their product, they don't care what happens to you in any way, shape, or form. Welcome to the world of money-worship.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member

Bingo. It is all about money. They need to pay their employees, their contractors, their rent, their utilities, their own subscription services and dues, and of course the lion's share to the top of the food chain. And if they go to a mostly online service in the cloud, they have some great excuses to add advertising money to rake in more cash. However, one thing about services in the cloud: most eventually get discontinued once they become a smaller niche product and don't have the cookie-cutter mass marketing appeal. This is why there probably will either be no Sims 5, or they will rename it, or they will make Sims 4 disappear without a trace for anyone connected to the internet who did not have a base game disc in a few years, just like Microsoft's planned obsoletion and end of support life.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2021
    They need to pay their employees

Some specific employees in particular :p

"Waizenegger says EA CFO Blake Jorgensen and CTO Kenneth Moss are paid too much, and it's an especially poor practice, as EA is laying people off, Waizenegger said. EA is said to have laid off 4 percent of its total workforce in 2019."

"In November 2019 (EA's fiscal year 2020), EA also paid Jorgensen a special award of $7.5 million on top of his annual $7.5 million grant, while Moss got $5.5 million on top of his $5.5 million annual award, Waizenegger said."

EA Put On Blast By Investor Group Over Huge Payments To Top Executives
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-put-on-blast-by-investor-group-over-huge-paymen/1100-6479454/
  • HSDevHSDev Posts: 17 Member

» Did you hear that EA plans to make The Sims 5 a subscription-based service? No, surely they wouldn't do that. The franchise will turn into a huge pile of jokes if they do. It would be awful and it would kill The Sims. It moves it further away from what made it great. Did you hear that EA plans to make The Sims 5 a multiplayer game? No, surely not! The fanbase would abandon The Sims and play other games. Didn't they learn their lesson with Simcity 5? I don't want anybody else meddling in my game. No, no, ten thousand times no. »

This is what you read everywhere here on the forums. But how many of the people who complain have bought all expansions, stuff packs and kits for The Sims 4? And how many will buy The Sims 5 when it comes out, even "just to see what it's like"?
    Sims players on this forum can complain, cry, vent, rant, lament about the current state of the franchise as much as they want, but at the end of the day, the only language EA understands is money. They don't care that you're an OG who has been playing the franchise since 2000. They don't care that you want an open world. They don't care that you want cars. As long as people keep buying the packs, they will keep on screwing their customers over. Do not even give them a single cent.

IbSV8gO.png
    Because although many here in this thread mock EA for having ruined big series like Simcity, FIFA & Mass Effect with their greediness, the truth is they know exactly what they are doing, and they have never been faring better.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2021
    HSDev wrote: »
    » Did you hear that EA plans to make The Sims 5 a subscription-based service? No, surely they wouldn't do that. The franchise will turn into a huge pile of jokes if they do. It would be awful and it would kill The Sims. It moves it further away from what made it great. Did you hear that EA plans to make The Sims 5 a multiplayer game? No, surely not! The fanbase would abandon The Sims and play other games. Didn't they learn their lesson with Simcity 5? I don't want anybody else meddling in my game. No, no, ten thousand times no. »

This is what you read everywhere here on the forums. But how many of the people who complain have bought all expansions, stuff packs and kits for The Sims 4? And how many will buy The Sims 5 when it comes out, even "just to see what it's like"?
    Sims players on this forum can complain, cry, vent, rant, lament about the current state of the franchise as much as they want, but at the end of the day, the only language EA understands is money. They don't care that you're an OG who has been playing the franchise since 2000. They don't care that you want an open world. They don't care that you want cars. As long as people keep buying the packs, they will keep on screwing their customers over. Do not even give them a single cent.

IbSV8gO.png
    Because although many here in this thread mock EA for having ruined big series like Simcity, FIFA & Mass Effect with their greediness, the truth is they know exactly what they are doing, and they have never been faring better.
    I stopped playing SimCity when it went the mobile MMO route. So no my pay grade doesn't go high enough to pay for those games. I couldn't afford the Sims Online either. So yep the creepy old men and women can have their Simbler dating game. I rather stay away from the six figure plus a year community trying to get a lazy date.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited December 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    HSDev wrote: »

IbSV8gO.png

Why can't people just build packs that suits their playstyle, they don't need to buy every pack unless they're either gullible or rich.

I stopped playing SimCity when it went the mobile MMO route. So no my pay grade doesn't go high enough to pay for those games. I couldn't afford the Sims Online either. So yep the creepy old men and women can have their Simbler dating game. I rather stay away from the six figure plus a year community trying to get a lazy date.

Exactly mobile games tend to suck anyways, You never get what you paid for, you know a game is garbage when the the ads looks better than the actual game, I pay for quality not quantity, do I want quantity hell yes as long as the quality is just as good if not better, besides going subsription based would dry up their money fountain, maybe I should have gone with money tree or cash cow but either way you get the gist of it.