Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Lucy_Henley I know right? They are absolutely crazy about boxes. The more cramped, the better.

I got my cat back! 😍😭 he came home yesterday afternoon. There's medication and he needs to be watched for a little while to make sure he's okay but so far, so good. Gods I'm so relieved. That is not how I pictured my week would go at all.

ToC will be back sometime next week! I'm going to take the weekend to spoil my cat rotten before it's back to business as usual. For the curious, here's a snippet for next chapter:
    Ye4eSq7.jpg

And some more obligatory cat spam from this morning:

hcdOMlk.jpg

See you next week 🥰
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • lanternlantern Posts: 7 New Member
    OMG this looks great! I will definitly take a moment to read some stories!
    @lantern Oooh, hello! Welcome, and I'm glad you like the look of things 😁 I hope you'll enjoy!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Hi, guys. It's been a rollercoaster of a week-and-a-half, but I'm back with a new chapter. One more week of work and then it's time for blissful Xmas holidays. I hope you're all doing well. 🙂

5HwLXBY.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited December 2021
    Blessed Yule, everyone 🎄🌟

Next chapter can be found here. I'll add the book later but imgur is being a potato and won't show me my own link to copy. I made it with snowflakes and everything, too 🥺😆

I'm experimenting with this one: how much of a story can I tell with very few words?

*Edit: There we go! Snowy book!

rKAlg9A.jpg
    Post edited by _sims_Yimi on
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'm so far behind. But such is my life this year. Just read one chapter earlier. Hoping to read more soon. As always, @_sims_Yimi amazing work! Hope you have a happy holiday season.

P.S. love the kitty spam!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 Hi! Haha, looks like this was a roller coaster of a year for a lot of people. I'm glad to hear from you! I've been low-key lurking on your stardew valley thread cooing over your characters and waiting for the story to unfold. Happy holiday season to you, too!

My cats chased each other into the Christmas tree this morning. Then the bigger one somehow got stuck. I wish I could have taken a picture of the cat bum sticking out of my tree. 😂
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I don’t have cats as my father is allergic sadly, so the closest I get is owning them in The Sims. One of my Sims’s cats needed spaying recently, and when she and her owner got back home, the cat looked highly annoyed by it :D
    935Dju9.jpg

Anyway…
    The look on Sarah’s face in this picture when she’s looking at that portrait of Uther and Ygraine!

ekXL8sF.jpg

The curse words that must be going through her head… :D I like all the medieval curse words you’ve used in the story. Is there a particular source you get them from? The thing I like about having a blog for my stories is that I get to use swear words and other things that’d get blocked by the forum filter. I try not to use too many bad words, only very occasionally if I feel like the situation would really warrant it.
    I don’t have cats as my father is allergic sadly, so the closest I get is owning them in The Sims. One of my Sims’s cats needed spaying recently, and when she and her owner got back home, the cat looked highly annoyed by it :D
    935Dju9.jpg

Anyway…
    The look on Sarah’s face in this picture when she’s looking at that portrait of Uther and Ygraine!

ekXL8sF.jpg

The curse words that must be going through her head… :D I like all the medieval curse words you’ve used in the story. Is there a particular source you get them from? The thing I like about having a blog for my stories is that I get to use swear words and other things that’d get blocked by the forum filter. I try not to use too many bad words, only very occasionally if I feel like the situation would really warrant it.

Bwahaha she’s wearing the cone of shame! Aw, poor kitty 😂

Sarah has a number of death glares at her disposal, and that is one of them. Haha, I steal most of them from the internet, since I don’t want to use modern swears but I’m not well-versed in medieval England swear words at all. They have some very interesting ones if you google “medieval swear words”. My favourites are "fopdoodle", "saddle-goose", "mandrake mymmerkin" and "muck-spout". I bet EA won’t censor any of these but we’ll find out in a moment- maybe they’ll surprise me with their knowledge of medieval no-no words.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited December 2021
    Merry Christmas, everyone! 🎄🎅 I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a great holiday for those who celebrate it ✨

12-25-21_9-00-26-ame.jpg
    12-25-21_9-02-26-ame.jpg

J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited December 2021
    Hi, guys. The final chapter of winter is here. ❄ I worked very hard on this one. I hope you enjoy! ❄❄

PKRWxqE.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    No chapter this week guys, sorry. We have D&D this weekend. Am prepping a massive elven city. It's fun but extremely time-consuming. I'll be back probably early next week!

If you're bored while waiting, have a riddle that I gave my players to break their heads over:
    They have a scroll that will give them treasure if they solve what's written on it. It says the following:

Sing to me the purest of sounds

If you think you know the answer, send it to me in private. I'll send you a chapter snippet if you're correct. 🤭
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    D&D sounds like a lot of fun, but also kind of complicated! Enjoy the weekend!
    edited January 2022
    Woops, almost forgot to leave this here. The next chapter is halfway written too, and I don't need to prep D&D this weekend, so it shouldn't be too long of a wait. 😊

qPFkx30.jpg

I had my booster shot against covid yesterday morning. The first two vaccines were all right but this one has really thrown me for a spin. Loopy for hours. I have no idea what kind of crazy fever dreams I had last night but I'm 95% sure that dinosaurs wearing Christmas hats were involved. Or maybe that's just me being weird. Anyway. For the people who are taking them, I hope that you're doing okay 😊
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    HA! I bet you didn't expect to see me back so soon! Muhahahaha!

*cough*

Yeah, last chapter got so big that I had to split it in two. I added an extra scene but it was almost done already. The wise thing would have been to wait until later so I had time to write more, but where's the fun in that? 🤭 Here you go!

bpAwGTW.jpg

J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited January 2022
    Me: See? You should have waited with the last one. Then there wouldn't be such a big gap and-
    Also me: shhhhhhhyaddup.

Hi, guys 😄 it's late here and I don't have anything exciting to report, other than that my cats are actively trying to figure out how to open doors. World domination is only a few steps away at this point. You have been warned. 😆

And also a chapter, I suppose. Here you go!

cHFlCYP.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Update: the cats have figured out how the doors open. Luckily they're heavy doors and both of them combined can't move the handle. They have not stopped trying. 😆

Also this:

M5gsByD.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hi, guys! I swear I posted this yesterday but then I fell asleep before updating things here. It still counts as posting on Valentines' day! Sorta! Kind of 🤣

Anyway. Happy Valentines! I bring you all the wholesome 😘

DqfzK2c.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Bwahahaha. I know this is not what it means, but it made me laugh anyway. The forums know what's up 🤣

49yBERa.png
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    Hi @_sims_Yimi
    I reported the issue regarding attachment issues to @EA_Cade a week ago and he told me it was due to issues with some BB codes and their hosting provider was on the case. It seems that it is not easy to solve :s
    I'm not quite sure what a BB code means, but I can see you have found a temporary solution I want to copy :)
    @MonaSolstraale Yeah, for now I just figured I'd move the index down a post, and then move it back when the problem is fixed. It looks a little weird but that's the best I can do for now. I don't want to lose the index look by posting it without attachments. 🤔
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Oh! We can post again! Woo! :mrgreen:

Hi, guys. Last calm one before things slowly start snowballing again. I hope you'll enjoy! Can you see the next looping yet? Wheeeeeeeee~~~~ 🎢

vTyyaBY.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Whew. This one took some effort to make. Not in the usual sense, but... well. You'll see. I hope you'll enjoy. ❤

7HbfGh2.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    No chapter this week, guys. 😅 Work stress has started to dig into my mental health and it's taking up all of my headspace at the moment. The Guinevere inside of me is telling me to grin and bear it while Morgana wants to destroy it all with extreme prejudice. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, have a potato! :mrgreen:

b892d56bacbbcc48e6c3220d35e0cd4e-50.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    @_sims_Yimi You're such a cool potato
    Virtual hugs from a buddy potato <3<3<3
    Krxcx35.png