Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next EP In Development

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    It was fixed for me, but I heard that a lot of Simmers were continuing to have problems because of using CC onesies and/or cribs.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »

Loved the first Matrix movie.
    I haven’t watched Resurrections yet, but please tell me he’s hinting at a dark, cyberpunk themed pack! 🙏🏼
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member

I haven’t watched Resurrections yet, but please tell me he’s hinting at a dark, cyberpunk themed pack! 🙏🏼

I want a cyberpunk world too but I think it’s just a reference to how the Sims is like the Matrix: trapped in a simulation/nothing is real etc
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

I want a cyberpunk world too but I think it’s just a reference to how the Sims is like the Matrix: trapped in a simulation/nothing is real etc

And also there's a character named Bugs in the movie. :sunglasses:

But yeah, gimme some cyberpunk!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2021
    Peral wrote: »
    Freed babies what game plays gives that?! Sims only gets interesting when they grows up to be kids, uptil then they only provide repetitive demands, bringing nothing to the game play.

Ah, sims 2 babies were fun, I always had a lot of them in my game. Babies in real life do cry and sleep a lot, but they are also very fun to play with. And, everything is rather repetitive in the sims. Babies just need to be freed, and given other things to do. Just like in real life, babies could bring a lot of joy to simmers. Well, at least to those of us who like having them in our game, just like occults bring to those who like occults in their game.
    83bienchen wrote: »
    It was fixed for me, but I heard that a lot of Simmers were continuing to have problems because of using CC onesies and/or cribs.

I play a vanilla game, and don’t use mods or CC ( never have in the sims 4 ). The most I have done is downloaded sims in clothing like the plumbers, fishermen, and maid outfit into a family to use on other family members and then delete the original.

My baby thumbnails have never changed, even when they said they fixed it. That was the first thing I tested after they said it was fixed.

The same thing with plants reverting to dirt, that wasn’t fixed either, unless they have fixed it within the last month. I haven’t been on recently because of the bugs in my vanilla game.
    edited December 2021
    Did you delete your local thumbnail files when they claimed it was fixed? Just asking because it didn't work for me until I did that, @SheriSim57.
    Won't help now that the bug ist back though.

The reverting plant bug is listed as only partly fixed. The team is well aware that several of the reasons for this bug have not yet been adressed.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member

This may help to allay suspicions that all that remains for TS4 is scenarios and kits.

During the recent Maxis Extra Life Livestream
    SimGuruJessica introduced herself as Senior Game Designer and Lead Designer on an upcoming The Sims 4 Expansion Pack.

Bet my 2 cents its some music related content.. Like bands
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

FWIW I don't have any cc, just mods. Maybe a couple tattoo cc packs, but absolutely nothing related to babies or cribs.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

FWIW I don't have any cc, just mods. Maybe a couple tattoo cc packs, but absolutely nothing related to babies or cribs.
    Might be good to let the QA Gurus know about it then. SimGuruNick is really good about following up with bugs. This is a good way to send a copy of your save file directly to the QA team and how I have gotten bugs squished. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

Might be good to let the QA Gurus know about it then. SimGuruNick is really good about following up with bugs. This is a good way to send a copy of your save file directly to the QA team and how I have gotten bugs squished. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302

You're right, I should, but since I do play with mods I haven't bothered to test it vanilla. I suspect it's not mod-related but can't report it until I know that for sure, and I've just been apathetic about it, since like I said it really doesn't bother me. I just figured eventually it will get fixed again, but maybe I will eventually get around to checking into it. Thanks for the nudge.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    @elelunicy wrote: »
    Personally I still expect 2 EPs in this fiscal year, which means the next EP needs be released by March.

You might be disappointed
  • ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2022
    It could be either a pack for disability.
    Or, it could be a pack for a singer career, starting bands, and more dancing than just one basic style.
    I would love both before moving onto Sims 5, please!

Why can I be a musician instead of a singer? I can't be a musician as a fact of the matter, but have opera-level singing skill in real life. So, why can I not be a singer, but I can do the one job in existence impossible for me to do? It's backwards. I can't play these instruments.

I also would love more dance variations than just basic. Such as belly, and shuffle. I'd also love salsa, tango, mamba, and foxtrot, but I seem to not be allowed to dance with a partner. But, belly and shuffle dancing are both solo styles.
    It'd also be cool to form a dance troupe.
    Ballet would be cool, too! I love ballet, too, now that I remember it.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2022
    ImDragone wrote: »
    Or, it could be a pack for a singer career, starting bands, and more dancing than just one basic style.

Why can I be a musician instead of a singer? I can't be a musician as a fact of the matter, but have opera-level singing skill in real life. So, why can I not be a singer, but I can do the one job in existence impossible for me to do? It's backwards. I can't play these instruments.

I also would love more dance variations than just basic. Such as belly, and shuffle. I'd also love salsa, tango, mamba, and foxtrot, but I seem to not be allowed to dance with a partner. But, belly and shuffle dancing are both solo styles.

A pack for a disability? I have mixed thoughts on it. As someone with a developmental disability, I'd like to see my disability represented right, not in a joke manner. It's already treated as a joke by many people, and I would not be happy to see EA doing it. Also, considering people with the same disability can be extremely different from one another, and the need for it to be represented right, there's a low possibility for the team to make a disabilities pack. There are many, many disabilities, so if some were included and others not, then there'll be a 100% chance some people will complain about them not being represented. Not to mention it would be profiting off of marginalized communities, which isn't a good look, especially if it ends up being rushed up and botched. If anything, I think it should either be a base game patch and researched carefully or not done at all.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I just hope it will be a music pack. That festival stuff they added back in 2021 must have been a test for something, right?
    Pop/Rock/Country/Hiphop star (musician) is a job that is missing from the game imho. I'd prefer it as a semi-open career.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    One of the problems with band/musician content from previous games, is that they were rather limited and more "side content".

Bands (like in 2 and 3) were just four instruments that synch to play one of three looping tracks that sound similar to each other.

Singing (like in 1, 3 and 4), you had a number of different genres but with only one or two songs in each, so unless you wanted a variety performer, things got stale pretty fast.

Of course there are reasons for this, not only does each song have to be created from scratch, it has to sound good with different voices/instruments, and has to be made for different skill levels, the development work quickly multiplies.

So if they do a music pack, I hope it is much more central and focused. And instead of lots of genres with little depth, they go for a more narrow but deep focus.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Everybody talks about disabilities but no one mentions injury. That's something I would LOVE to see. A sim gets hurts playing soccer or something he needs a cast. Crutches or a wheel chair or bandages and just overall different types of injuries. And unlike disabilities you can't offend anybody. An injury is an injury. And it's something any and everybody can and do get.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @Babykittyjade Yeah, I'd actually love to see that as an update for Get to Work or something. Doctors could have patients who have sports injuries and sims could actually get injured and go to the hospital to help them recover faster (instead of it serving only for the medical career and sims about to give birth). And they could get a bandage or cast "accessory" or something like that until they heal.
    You can be injured during playing soccer in TS4 an get a bandage afterwards for 2 days.
    edited January 2022

Resurrection sadly, I didn’t think was as good…
    I love good science fiction.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    ImDragone wrote: »

I would love all of this! 😻😍💖
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited January 2022
    Love theme will come soon, I hope the EP12 will be about Cars, there was a hint on Dream Home Decorator TV channel.

#BringBackMyLimo

mts_nu11.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    My prediction is for a Brazil Beach Expansion Next. Even Iron Seagull mentioned this possibility.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktl8Ki1PgqA
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    i'm still waiting for the Showtime EP, with singers, acrobats ...

I would like the fountain of youth too, and the time machine (let's go to the 80's) and having a baby older than your sims ... that was fun