Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you still roleplay as the opposite sex in a TS5 MMO?

BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
Because I think this will feel super awkward now. I'm not into romancing guys in real life. Not that it matters to all, tbh I don't romance my sims that much, but being the sexiest gal in town has a nice feeling to it. To some this will be a major flaw of TS5, not feeling comfortable playing our sexy avatars.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Will you still roleplay as the opposite sex in a TS5 MMO? 92 votes

I won't mind.
19% 18 votes
No way, too awkward for me.
20% 19 votes
I will work through it.
2% 2 votes
Other (comment)
57% 53 votes

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No Sims 5 for me. My Sims 3 & 4 are more than enough.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited December 2021
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I wouldn't be playing a Sims MMO at all, so for me gender issues are no more necessary to think about than they are already.

this
    though if i were to play sims MMO I wouldn't really care what gender i go by
    and even appearance wise I wouldn't particularily look sexy in either gender so thats not a problem

tbh I would probably just try to make vladdy and play him if its possible
    that seems to be the theme when I play sims games that are not sims 4
    I like the challenge of creating his handsome likeness in games that do not support it

oh and yes I would absolutely go on sim date with any beautiful ladies and gents that want to hang out with vladdy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I wouldn’t participate in a sims mmo at all. End of story.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    Question is incorrectly worded for me as I don't play as the opposite sex in MMOs. If the question didn't have the word "still", then I like many others have no interest in a Sims MMO.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2021
    I won't be playing it but yes have heard of guys play sexy girls on MMOs so they can stare at them all day and female characters tend to be gifted more gear in MMO games and be flirted on more by other guys. So nope not for me. Just seeing the reaction of SimGuruSteve with how guys treat girls in VR chat and asking is this what girls have to deal with? was confirmation not to play one. You know when a dad who is a SimGuru reacts that was, it isn't a safe space for any girl or woman. People can be creepy like that on the Internet. Was bad enough seeing the reaction with the hijab and males showing legs with the recent kit with so many women wanting to view sexy female characters too over male ones, so no thanks. But at least those have used the Sims to reveal their closeted sexual preferences. I am not into that myself and I find that gender bias of only sexy females bad enough in the Sims community as it is. If I wanted to play a Sims MMO I would play the Sims Freeplay and the Sims Mobile. Even the Sims Social was a sad Facebook game. I will enjoy my male Sims swimming in Island Living instead and wouldn't mind them have body hair.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    @Scobre. My question wouldn't be any different if you exchanged the words sexy to pretty. Just playing the opposite sex even, if you want to include all the types of sim players. But you raise a point I guess, women are objectified by some.
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    @Scobre. My question wouldn't be any different if you exchanged the words sexy to pretty. Just playing the opposite sex even, if you want to include all the types of sim players. But you raise a point I guess, women are objectified by some.
    True works either way. But yes noticed a sexual preference with the reaction and feedback towards women lately on their body. It will be worst in a MMO is people find female avatars ugly with bullying.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    I don't want to do online romantic play at all with people I'm not romantically involved with in real life.

gen3-banner.png
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Then vote! Why are polls so crappy on this forum?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I will not play TS5 if it's an MMO. But I often play male Sims so why wouldn't I play a male character in an MMO? Or is that supposed to be me? then no, because I don't play any avatar games. I'm not the character and never will be.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I never play as the opposite sex.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I don't want to play a TS5 MMO life sim game. But I do play a tablet game Cooking Diary and the Borderlands series in multiplayer. I always choose to play the female characters/avatars because that's what I am. I would feel like I'm deceiving all the other players if I played a male character/avatar.

But when I play all the offline life sim games, I actually try to play both male and female characters equally. That's because I don't put my own identity in either of them. I'm like an author writing out the lives and adventures of my characters' stories.

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Still roleplay? I don't view it as roleplaying with the vast majority of my Sims.

I probably wouldn't want my Sim romancing other players' Sims, though. And I'm not into MMOs.

The Sims is different from avatar games and many Simmers would go into the game at least somewhat bringing their preconceived notions of that with them, right?
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
    I don't want to play a TS5 MMO life sim game. But I do play a tablet game Cooking Diary and the Borderlands series in multiplayer. I always choose to play the female characters/avatars because that's what I am. I would feel like I'm deceiving all the other players if I played a male character/avatar.

But when I play all the offline life sim games, I actually try to play both male and female characters equally. That's because I don't put my own identity in either of them. I'm like an author writing out the lives and adventures of my characters' stories.
    Yeah that is why I would play female characters too in them even my ACNH character is female. Ready Player One was such a good book describing how use of an avatar in a game can change how you are treated in it. I mean I wouldn't want to deceive other women with a male avatar. MMOs I wouldn't trust especially since we have already had illegal activities done towards teens as it is at the cost of Maxis workers. I wouldn't want to endanger them or the Gurus by deceptive people. I figure someone has something to hide if they refuse to play as the gender they identify with in that setting while I agree I make my own Sims equally too in the offline games. I haven't heard of Cooking Diary.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I will not play TS5 if it's an MMO. But I often play male Sims so why wouldn't I play a male character in an MMO? Or is that supposed to be me? then no, because I don't play any avatar games. I'm not the character and never will be.

Let me clarify, I play all the Sims I create, as others said I am the story teller, their god, so I play them all, I'm not the character. I don't role play.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    If they take it that direction will it be 18+ only? Because far more awkward than flirting with the same gender if that’s not your interest, is going to be finding out as an adult you have been flirting with a minor. 😖 I hope they don’t do this to The Sims, because it will lead to nothing but trouble.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I don't do romance in MMOs. Actually, I don't do MMOs.

So I won't be playing a Sims 5 MMO. (I'm a Storyteller in the Sims)

It has nothing to do with being comfortable with romance when playing a character who identifies differently than me or not. It has to do with I don't RP with random people in a non-dedicated RP setting. (Conventions or a couple of specific RP sites where I'm playing through clear storylines, not random everyday events.) And I'm very cautious about the Romantic RP in those situations, usually leading towards None.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    I don't role play Sims at all. I play characters as the director of their stories. Some are female, some are male, at least one is neither. With that being said, I won't be playing an MMO Sims game because my game is my world alone. I definitely would not play one that requires you to participate as an avatar. I've tried the online avatar games a few times and didn't like them. To me, they had the whiff of sleeziness about them that I don't want in my Sims world.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Picked no just because I haven't played a main sim of the opposite gender in a long time, sims or MMO
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    No MMO for me. If Sims 5 is online,then it HAS to be like Minecraft; giving us the options of playing single player or creating a realm or other kind of private server so we can invite our freinds to play on our private Sims server.

Don't let Sims 5 turn into another Roblox where hackers,scammers and online daters run around bothering other people and ruining the fun for others.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
    If they take it that direction will it be 18+ only? Because far more awkward than flirting with the same gender if that’s not your interest, is going to be finding out as an adult you have been flirting with a minor. 😖 I hope they don’t do this to The Sims, because it will lead to nothing but trouble.
    Sims Online was 18+ for that reason. But yes exactly what I worry about too. I have helped raised teenagers and would hate anything to happen to them like that. I think EA execs forget all the legal issues Maxis has had to deal with that as it is with their player base on 18+ Game Changer channels as it is during this iteration. Why thankfully there is a report feature for when that happens because of that event. Won't solve everything but at least puts shared legal responsibility on the parents too.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I don’t “role play” as the opposite sex.
    I play story adventures with virtual people that I create. Of any gender. In my own happy little geek world. One day I’m Steven Spielberg. The other day I’m John Carpenter. The next day I AM The Thing….

As for a Sims MMO? I believe that rhymes with “NO NO NO”.
    Who would want me in their precious game, anyway? Nobody, period.
    I’d be the annoying 🔥 Pixel Pyromaniac 🔥

Same goes the other way’round.

AAAARGHHH!!! *draws cutlass* GET OFF ME SHIP YE BILGE SUCK’N SCALLYWOGGINSES YE AAARRGGH!!!!