Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OH MY GOSH! The ENTIRE Sims 3 Collection is Bundled at Steam and is ON SALE!!!! *Scream!*

ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
All The Sims 3 DLCS are in a bundle (without the base game) for ONLY USD$66.50!!! That is 82% off the full price of the entire collection! That's USD$3.50 per DLC!!! Get it while you can! This is only the DLCs - the base game is on sale for USD$9.99, but buying both is still an amazing deal! Also, it might take into account any DLCs you might have (not sure though). So if you have some DLCs and the base game, you might be able to complete the rest of your collection at an even cheaper price!!!

Freaking get it already!!! I'm not sure if this will go for the entire holiday sale!

The Sims 3 Collection
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1247/The_Sims_3_Collection/

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Ten years too late :) ! I have it all, even Katy Perry ST. They should offer the complete store content for 60 dollars.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited December 2021
    Ten years too late :) ! I have it all, even Katy Perry ST. They should offer the complete store content for 60 dollars.

Me too! But I'm so happy that other people can either get the entire collection all at once or complete their collections during this holiday sale! For cheap!

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    This is practically what I did a couple years back. Got the full collection (except Katy Perry, of course) at 75% off. Think it was a summer sale, or something.
    Kathykins wrote: »
    This is practically what I did a couple years back. Got the full collection (except Katy Perry, of course) at 75% off. Think it was a summer sale, or something.

It's great that you got it back then! It was really scary for a while after that when The Sims 3 and it's DLCs hadn't gone on sale for so long when TS4 was introduced on Steam.

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I was unaware that the game could even be bought via Steam.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »

Yeah, I think that's a good thing! Some people have bought them on both Origin and Steam - if one is down, they can play it on the other. Plus the version on Steam is 1.67, while the one on Origin is 1.69. There are some minor differences and you have to make sure that you check the compatibility of your mods and make sure they're installed to the right version, but it's not a real problem. I mostly play on Origin's 1.69 version and especially playing on an SSD, I've been able to load ALL the DLCs for the game and not have it get laggy. It just depends on what people feel the most comfortable with the most - Steam or Origin.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Almost makes me want to buy it and I already have everything. 😂
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    I'll probably buy this because all my Sims 3 discs were destroyed in a flood. Still have all the games installed, but of course anything can happen with that so might as well future proof myself for a little while right here.
    Almost makes me want to buy it and I already have everything. 😂

Right? It's such a good deal!!!

I'll probably buy this because all my Sims 3 discs were destroyed in a flood. Still have all the games installed, but of course anything can happen with that so might as well future proof myself for a little while right here.

Really, it's the best deal I've seen for The Sims 3 in a couple of years! If you buy both the base game (USD$9.99) and the DLCs bundle (USD$66.50), then the total will be USD$76.49. So that's ~USD$3.64 for each base or DLC! That's even cheaper then when they would go on sale for USD4.99 each before TS4 was added to Steam!

So DO IT, lol!!!

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    There seems to be 50% for various packs on Origin right now, and I would highly recommend anyone interested to get the deals if they wanted to try out a pack for Sims 3.

(I already have the Sims 3 game and all of its expansion packs. I’m just missing mostly stuff packs and the individual world packs.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I wish they had something like this for Sims 1 and 2 as well
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    There seems to be 50% for various packs on Origin right now, and I would highly recommend anyone interested to get the deals if they wanted to try out a pack for Sims 3.

(I already have the Sims 3 game and all of its expansion packs. I’m just missing mostly stuff packs and the individual world packs.)

I have most of sims 3 already too, but did the math and could save money getting it all on that steam sale, compared to completing my sims 3 collection via origin. Plus the steam version has create a world and origin does not, correct?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg

I have most of sims 3 already too, but did the math and could save money getting it all on that steam sale, compared to completing my sims 3 collection via origin. Plus the steam version has create a world and origin does not, correct?

I haven’t checked, so I don’t know. I never used Create-A-World ever.
    (She/her)
    edited January 2022

You can download Create-A-World free at the Sims 3 Store under Games > Tools > Create A World:

https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

You can also get Create-A-Pattern free there too that allows you to add more patterns to all the objects in The Sims 3! This gives you even MORE options than TS4 to make your items looks new and fresh!

Edit: I tried the download links but they pop up with nothing! I've tried different browsers and still nothing. You can try it yourselves? It's not working for me but it might work for you. If you can't get it, it's somewhere on the internet. Sorry about that folks!

You can download Create-A-World free at the Sims 3 Store under Games > Tools > Create A World:

https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

You can also get Create-A-Pattern free there too that allows you to add more patterns to all the objects in The Sims 3! This gives you even MORE options than TS4 to make your items looks new and fresh!

Edit: I tried the download links but they pop up with nothing! I've tried different browsers and still nothing. You can try it yourselves? It's not working for me but it might work for you. If you can't get it, it's somewhere on the internet. Sorry about that folks!

Yeah, I’m sure someone has to have uploaded it somewhere on the internet.

Would the CAW link in this thread still work? https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/868888/update-to-sims-3-on-origin-caw/p1
    (She/her)
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    A few years to late for me, lol. But of course I don’t regret buying everything at regular price. I’ve put in more than enough time into the game to feel like I’ve gotten my moneys worth.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

EA abandoned Steam not long after Dragon Age 2 was released - it was 2011 IIRC. They made a decision to use Steam as a platform again in late 2019. They used the intervening time to build up their catalogue in Origin.
    There's an article over on ArsTechnica which suggests some reasons why they have walked back their decision to leave Valve's Steam distro platform.
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/10/so-long-origin-ea-comes-back-to-steam-with-new-games/