Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lethal Traps

MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
edited December 2021 in The Sims 3 World Builders
I'm building my own world with adventure components and in a few places I want to have lethal traps. For example, the Criminal Hideout is underground. You first reach it via a Dive Well, then go upstairs, similar to Small Island/Tathua's Garden in France. This is for hardened Criminals only and I want it hard to find. Along the way, there is a clue to disable some traps. If you don't find it, I want the traps to kill the Sim. There is also a clue about Death Flower so they don't stay dead. I set up a dead-end corridor, filled with hidden, inactive traps and floor switch to activate them. Unfortunately the sim catches fire, but does not die. Is there a way/mod/CC that creates lethal traps?
Post edited by MadDoctor61 on

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    I would recommend not doing that as creative and interesting as it sounds because it’s going to make it so that sims that are not in your active household won’t be able to reach the rabbit hole and thus it’s going to cause some serious problems involving the criminal career. I really think that you should avoid putting rabbit holes inside tombs, especially the school or other career rabbit holes that require coworkers.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    The Criminal Rabbit Hole Door is the only one that will actually be inside a tomb. As soon as the stairs up are revealed, the career will be available to everyone. The door will be just past the stairs. Further on will be a gambling den and other amenities. The School Rabbit Hole Door(s) will be on the outside. The tomb leads to a Secret Society in the basement with a bunch of recreation stuff for mood boosting and parties.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    It’s still going to cause severe routing issues for any sim it places in that career before that happens, so you really shouldn’t do that