Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose
    You're very welcome, I hope it helps! :) Hilarious about the cat hair on the bed. Yup, very relatable here too, but it's more like all over the house than just on the bed. :D All the animal outfits are really cute! My favorite is the fox dressed like Robin Hood though. :)

@SoulGal7
    Yes, the diamonds were for the relics, as stated. :) No, I didn't put those pop-up images there, it's a feature that came with the rocking chair in the Nifty Knitting pack. Elders can sit there and reminisce about their life. There were a multitude of images that popped up, the ones I showed were the most relevant to Essa's life. :) Essa and Josh have a couple options if they want to live longer. They can not be spellcasters anymore and become vampires, take a potion of immortality so they won't die as elders and stay spellcasters, or just let nature take it's course and pass away naturally. But yes, whatever happens, they will do it together, of course. We'll see what they ultimately decide in a future post. :) I just love these two so much. I get teared up now with every update. It's going to be tough letting them go at the end of the year. But I'm also excited for next year as well. So, I'm on an emotional roller coaster playing Sims these days. :D
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited December 2021
    @Karababy52 -
    I didn't know about the reminisce in the rocking chair. I am going to have to check that out. That is pretty cool. Thanks !
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2021
    Update 351 - Rocking Chair Reminiscing

Bm3TSDG.png
    I was inspired by @Karababy52 to see what Jules would reminisce about in the rocking chair, so that's what I decided to do for my update today. Hopefully I can make some progress with the aspiration tomorrow :)

Of course, thinking about the births of her four child was a very important thing for her to reminisce on.
    W1lLo6R.png

I loved that there were so many kid and pet images as she reminisced - very appropriate for Jules and her family.
    Lt74uve.png
    B4wGtKk.png

She also thought fondly of their time spent in Sulani and of Ruby's graduation.
    zlAH079.png
    cnrgCNx.png

December - Day 21: "Interlude"

ixbZ6Oo.png

Notes

I've been battling a headache all day. It would subside a bit with aspirin, but still never completely went away. Because of that, I didn't feel I could concentrate and focus enough to do my normal style update with lots of screenshots and story progression. Instead, I did some background work for my 2022 challenge. I decided to put some of the offspring born during the challenge into the save I've been working on as teens to be background characters. These include; Mallory, Marley & Marshall, Gloria, Joy, Evan, Samuel, Morrigan and Odin. Of these nine, four received some updates before added to the save. Also, today's daily post pic is an extra that was cut from yesterday's update.
    First up for changes was Mallory and Marley Connors, Melody and Malcom's twin daughters. They were toddlers, but have been aged up to teens. They are identical in every way except one very subtle difference. I stared at them a long time trying to figure out what was different. It's their hair color! Both are a black shade, but Mallory's is the newer updated black and Marley's has the blue cast to it. I love how they are virtual clones of their Mom!

Xt2Qbwo.png

Marshall was already a teen, but I updated his wardrobe, gave him a different hairstyle and color, different eyebrows and beard.

dxx7xkA.png

Lastly is Gloria Straud who was also already a teen. I'm pretending she ran away from home because she was tired of Vlad's strict rules. She's feeling very rebellious and went for a look she felt would shock her Dad. Plus, she just likes how the pink streaks look in her black hair. In reality, she doesn't even know Vlad is her Dad in this save, that's just the story I have in my head for her new look.

GJe2A8u.png

That's it for today's update. Hopefully my headache will be gone tomorrow and I can post a story mode update.

Comments/replies will have to wait until tomorrow. I apologize for that, but hope you understand. Hope y'all had a great day/night!
    edited December 2021
    @SoulGal7
    I'd forgotten about it myself until I had Essa sit in the rocker intending to have her just relax and sit there herself thinking about their life together. But then I noticed the option to reminisce and figured why not give it a try and see what it does? Most images didn't really relate, but the few I used did. It's a fun feature and I hope you do use it with Sakura. I'm curious to see what she'd think about. :)

@permanentrose
    Glad I could inspire you about the rocking chair reminisce feature so you could try it with Jules. I knew you'd enjoy the ones about children and pets since they both have been a big part of your challenge. Jules loves animals so it made sense she'd think about them the most and the others were perfect for her too. :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,856 Member
    edited December 2021
    @Karababy52 ,
    Teddy jumping all over was hilarious :D And very sweet update :)
    Lovely reminisce pictures <3
    I love how the kids look, I will also put all the kids of the current challenge sims in next years save :)

@permanentrose
    Also lovely reminisce Pictures <3

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Some of you may know I am not spending holidays with family up back north, this year is my turn to stay back and make sure everyones pets and plants are well and fed :) Also I am working Christmas and new year.
    And work days have been busy.

Today I show 3 pics, 3 out of many what got cut out from my update as it will be super long.

So, what would it be, that made Inna march out of the room, to use the bar in another, and to walk right downstairs with new drink on her hands , looking so mad? (she actually went outside to snow, still holding the drink, turned to bat and flied away :p )

4K2iBVv.png

R8IbQoV.png

8EUSoYD.png

edited December 2021
    @Karababy52 - ooohhh! What is your 2022 challenge?
    So sorry you had a bad headache and hope you are feeling better. Great updates, and I agree, clones of Melody! lol Really like how Gloria Straud looks...and, of course, love the hair choice, too :) Just refresh my memory on who she is again and who her parents are...sorry...do I remember something about Jules marrying Vlad in your game? lol

@Ellupelluellu -
    I can relate to the long work hours. I am working so much lately, I hardly have time to sit and think about writing a story. And with all this work and how tired I am feeling, it just doesn't feel like Christmas will be here in a few days! Since my family is in Canada, my chaos time has passed already, since I had to wrap and mail 3 huge packages. But I am glad that is all done. Just my husband and mother-in-law and pets for Christmas and I am on dinner duty, but it will be fine. Now I am curious, too, about Inna and what she is up to, and also love the last shot of her.

@permanentrose & @Karababy52 -
    As soon as I read about the reminisce on the rocking chair, I had Sakura try it, too. I am also going to have Wolfgang try it out to see if I get anything different for him. And yes, this is a pretty cool thing to do, especially with our sims, who are on their last month (well, I missed 2 months, but you know what I mean...). Anyway, lovely, shots of Jules thinking about all the things in her life...and yes, I love all the photos with the pets. I thought those were so cute.
    edited December 2021
    @Karababy52 Gloria looks so good! Good idea to put all these teens in a new save - are you just playing this challenge the same way again next year? I was hoping to do the same if I have time!

@Ellupelluellu Eager to see your full update and to see what's up with Inna!
    ---

Update 352 - A dark and stormy night

lcDwQdb.jpg

Just one picture tonight since I'm pretty tired, but I managed to get this cool shot while I logged in briefly :)
    edited December 2021
    December - Day 22: "Free Day Shenanigans!"

yIKP43w.png

Notes

While Josh and Essa were cloud gazing I set gameplay to full autonomy to let them have a few hours of free time. It's been awhile and I wanted to see what they would do now. Especially since Josh has every single skill available maxed, except one, Media Production. Essa has a lot of skills maxed too.

I have a lot of things to do today to prepare for tomorrow since our family celebrates Christmas on the eve of the holiday. So, today's update, Dec. 23rd, will most likely be just a daily post pic. I'll try to do comments inbetween preparations, but those might not be posted until later tonight as well. Tomorrow's and Christmas might be the same, just a daily post pic. Sunday, Dec. 26th will be back to regular story mode posting with perhaps their anniversary party! Or preparations for it anyway. :)

iIx4f2T.png
    The first thing Essa does is run to her office to play The R.E.F.U.G.E.

ub4olma.png
    Since he was very inspired from cloud gazing, Josh decided to do a figure painting. It turned out to be a masterpiece worth almost 4K! Good job Josh!

j2ft6Nq.png
    Essa only played The R.E.F.U.G.E. for a few minutes since Ollie wanted a pet.

BMbt6Vg.png
    Josh challenged Essa to a lightsaber match. Uh, Josh? You're not going to win if you don't watch what you're doing. Look out!
    (Say what now?)

7IjNthm.png
    Essa wins once again. She seems to be a master at this. Josh has only beat her once out of the around 4-5 times they've fought. I bet this is something very rare to see in the countryside too, but it is a very pretty setting anyway.

2JzLrTV.png
    Aww, this made me smile. Essa immediately went over and gave Josh a consolation kiss on the cheek. <3
    "It's okay Babe, you'll get me next time."

On a side note, in this light, even with the skin overlay you can clearly see that Josh is an elder. Wow...

tDANO9L.png
    Essa went inside to watch a movie, electing to sit in a chair and look at the screen sideways. Why not sit on the couch Essa? o.O Josh grabs a magazine off the coffee table to read.

P0MyW9Z.png
    Here's something I rarely see these two do. Josh grabbed a glass of water from the half bath sink downstairs and took it in Essa's office to drink. Essa is 'trolling teh forums.' *sigh*

QNpW0Ai.png
    Tsk, rather than take care of the glass, Josh decides to put it on the coffee table in the living room instead. Josh! You're smarter than that! Well, maybe not...

5t0WZ5l.png
    He challenged Essa to another lightsaber match and lost, again. I guess he didn't learn his lesson the first time. This is just embarrassing Joshie!

nyjWul7.png
    Josh went inside and grabbed the magazine off the coffee table, took it to Essa's office and put it away. However, he didn't put it in that bookcase, he put it in the trunk next to it. Why do Sims do this? He looks pretty proud of himself for doing it too. 🙄 Notice the Angelfish in the aquarium? That's the same one Essa caught in Glimmerbrook back in March! That's one seriously old fish!

UM5lxRM.png
    Essa's hacking the Lothario Trust Fund. Over the course of the hours they had free will, she would also hack the Landgraab and National Security accounts as well, several times.

gmu149H.png
    I had better angles of Josh playing The R.E.F.U.G.E., but I like this one since it looks like he's battling that slice of the Mother. Plus, the torch and that painting make it look like the slice is on fire!

EPvyfGf.png
    The gaming mat broke when Josh was finished and he tried to run off and dance to the Summer Strut station on the stereo downstairs. I had to intervene. I didn't have both of them max out the Handiness skill for nothing. Josh does an Insta-Repair and then...

e3ASKGb.png
    ...decides to play Match 'ems or whatever that video game is called. Not surprised really, Josh loves video games and that gaming mat is very tempting for Sims.

BCzaLJu.png
    Essa is having an intelligent conversation with Buster while Ollie lays passed out between them. So cute!

j8BVsZW.png
    She then walks right by the expensive stereo on her way upstairs to Josh's office/collection room to play Batuu music on the DJ robot radio they bought there. I guess she just wanted to be near Josh who is now playing the sports video game.

6hu4T6a.png
    I guess Ollie wanted another pet or some love since Josh ran outside to pick him up. However, he got stuck just standing there holding him.
    *Meow*
    (Help me!)

No worries Ollie, I got this. Reset to the rescue.

VPXDolW.png
    While Josh was holding Ollie, Buster was moping around at his feet whining for attention too. I intervened once again and had Josh take him for a short walk. Well, he tried to anyway. Where's Buster? Looks like he's walking underground? What!?

lg01wbm.png
    Nope, he was actually across the creek about 200 yards or so from Josh. Next thing I know, he disappears from there and is again on the leash. He wasn't happy though, kept crying. Josh asked what was wrong and found out he had to pee. Well, sheesh Buster just go pee! Why does this happen? I have a mod to prevent it, but I guess it stopped working. *sigh* After that, I gave up on the walk idea and had Josh pick him up to take home.

iQ5WA5J.png
    (He's right behind me isn't he?)
    Yeah, but it's just the pub owner, Simon Scott, out for a rainy day walk, no reason to freak out Josh. Notice Buster, he magically got filthy while Josh was carrying him. Great, guess it's bath time when they get home.

LUwQpCz.png
    After Josh gave Buster a bath he went across the hall to 'view' one of the baskets they brought back from Batuu. Um, okay...

BAC6dve.png
    Annnd, Essa is playing Road Rage Alpha.

It was at this point I put 'no autonomy' back on and sent them out to tend to the garden. It was an interesting few hours. They did some things I expected and a few I didn't. I think if I ever do this again next year with Cale, I'll make sure to put away a few of the more desirable autonomous objects first.

However, I've been flirting with the idea of getting the MCCC mod too and that has an option to disallow certain objects for autonomous use. After this free will post, it's looking more and more tempting to get it. Or, maybe I should just make my challenge even MORE challenging and give Cale full autonomy right from the start without the mod? Hmm... we'll see.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my December 22nd post above! Be back later to post today's update and comments! Hope y'all have a wonderful day/night! <3
    @Ellupelluellu
    It was hilarious! I've never seen him do that before. :D Thanks, I had fun with that feature. Don't think I'll have Josh do it though. It would be too repetitive I think. :) Yes, I love how they turned out too! Oh good! Glad you'll have some familiar faces in your next year's challenge try as well. :)

Just take care of yourself, get lots of sleep when you can and relax after work. Don't worry about the challenge! It'll be here after the holidays and things hopefully settle down a bit. *Hugs* <3

Hmm, I wonder what had Inna so upset! Interesting she flew away with the drink. On a side note, I love that crystal glass that holds the drink. It's gorgeous! <3 Can't wait to find out in a future update what she was so angry about. Inna is normally so happy-go-lucky so it must be something very distressing to her. o.O

@SoulGal7
    Well, it's THIS one of course! ;) I'll be doing it a bit different next year though, more like it was originally intended. At least, that's the plan anyway. I might end up doing longer story posts like this year, knowing me. We'll see how it goes though. I have some other plans for my 2022 challenge Sim, Cale Conrad, too. But I'll save those to reveal with my first post for him and as I play. :) I'll post a new updated thread for next year's challenge too, so look for that in a few days.

I agree! The challenge offspring turned out very attractive in my opinion. Gloria is Vlad and Jules' daughter. :)

The reminisce feature is pretty cool. I only wish it had more animations with it. But, it was fun to give it a try and some of the popup images did work out in relation to Essa's life, and Jules too! :) I don't think I'll have Josh do it now though, would be too repetitive. But I might. We'll see...

@permanentrose
    WOW! I LOVE that screenshot! <3 Lucky you capturing that shot! Looks like the lightening bolt hit the chicken coop though. Did it get destroyed? I hope not! o.O
    December - Day 23: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

St6Eqtk.png

Notes

I took this screenshot when Josh was out walking Buster. I've seen this house in the background before, but never looked at it very closely. I had no idea it had a working waterwheel. I love how there is smoke coming out of the chimney too! It just goes to show, beauty can be found anywhere, even on a gloomy, rainy day. All you have to do is open your eyes and mind to see it. <3

As mentioned before, this might be my post for today. If I have time later, I'll update it though. Have a good one everybody! :)
    Update 353 - Hazy Fall Morning

WgI1Afx.jpg
    Jules managed to forage her 5 items in the Bramblewood, yay! I got a few scenic shots.
    mOa9DGC.jpg
    X3Vx9lm.jpg

And since I worked on some cross stitching today in real life, I thought it would be fun if Jules did too :)
    j7QgjeG.png
    @permanentrose -
    Fantastic daily shot! I have never had a shot of a house with that lightning strike. That is so perfectly timed.
    Hazy Fall Morning: Congrats on completing the foraging. I found the blueberry and raspberry bushes, just waiting for them to be ready to harvest. I also have a shot of Jules in a previous chapter doing some cross stich in town. Maybe Jules will be able to finish all the cross-stitch types.

@Karababy52 -
    Funny things that Josh and Essa were up to on their full autonomy. I always find that they go right towards the computer or game consoles, too. Cute shot of the pets. Day 23: Lovely shot of the house with the waterwheel. Is that the one in town or another one? I love all the houses and extras that EA did for this world.
    December - Day 24: "Merry Christmas Eve!"

December-Day-24-Post-Pic.png

Notes

Just got home from spending all day having a wonderful Christmas celebration with our entire family! Consequently, I don't have time for a full update for today. Grandma loves her Grandchildren so much, but crawling around on the floor playing with them, on top of a big meal wore me out! Anyway, hope y'all enjoy this scenic landscape screenshot of the Isle of Volpe! I love Summer in this game and I love this world, it's so green and lush.

Hope everyone had a fantastic day/night and a very Merry Christmas tomorrow! <3
    Update 354 - Scenic Shot

fik6HVf.jpg

It was a busy day with family for me too, so just one picture from me too. I love the background details of this world! Merry Christmas everyone!
    December - Day 25: "Christmas presents come and go. Christmas memories last a lifetime..."

kl5BYms.png

Notes

This was Essa and Josh's first Christmas together, and Essa's, known as Tessa at the time, first Christmas tree ever! The screenshots were taken on January 14th in Mt. Komerebi, she was just a teen, Josh a young adult. They weren't really a couple yet, but they were best friends and there was the spark of love in both their eyes. The selfie screenshot in the middle Josh took of the two of them, would hang on the wall of every home she/they owned during the challenge. <3

I left a couple screenshots out of one more eventful thing that happened that day, but included them in the spoiler. Who remembers what's going on here? ;)
    zosA4Qb.png
    yVhDeHf.png

Extra bonus if you remember what special gift Josh gave to Essa. :)

Merry Christmas to everyone, I hope your holiday is full of love and treasured memories too!

Happy Simming!

~ Karen <3
    edited December 2021
    @Karababy52 -
    I remember this scene, where Tessa is finding out about "woohoo" from Father Winter and she is so excited! lol I believe it was a book that Josh had written for her. Fun times and wonderful memories. :)
    edited December 2021
    Happy Winterfest from Sakura and Wolfgang. Their first together. The day after Winterfest, they were married.

lets-go-home-sakuara-winterfest.png

I hope everyone had/is having a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. Take care everyone!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    This is only even closely related to Christmas pic I have with Melody :) From SV times.. so Bob..
    CE1QaIV.png

Merry Christmas all you lovely people <3

@permanentrose
    Gorgeous screenshots, even though a gloomy day. The world is just that pretty! Congrats to Jules (and you) for finding those 5 harvestables! Yay! \o/ Never tried cross stitch myself, but it looks like it could be fun to do. :)

Lovely shot with the tractor, hay bales and cows in the background Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! :)

@SoulGal7
    Yeah a lot of my Sims go for those two things too, including Josh and Essa. Good thing they don't have a bar or Josh would've been stuck there making drink after drink. :D That house is a different one than in town. Josh and Essa can see it in the distance from their house in Old New Henford. Maxis did a great job with HoB, definitely! :)

Ding, ding, ding! You are correct, yes! It was the Book of Life Josh wrote for her and the note he put inside included the first time he'd said 'I love you.' *sniff*

Love your Winterfest message screenshot too! I knew they got married near Winterfest, but forgot it was the day before. Such a sweet romantic shot of the soon to be newlyweds! Merry Christmas! <3

@Ellupelluellu
    hehe I love that screenshot! It's so funny! Bob looks like he's in his PJs or something. :D But at least he matches! Funny too how it looks like Melody is running after him like HE would run after her as her stan in Get Famous. :D Merry Christmas to you too! <3 *Hugs*
    @Ellupelluellu -
    Ha! Bob in Winterfest wear! lol

@permanentrose -
    Love that scenic shot. The scenery in Hendord-on-Bagley is just so gorgeous.
    edited December 2021
    Update 355 - Merry Christmas!

KYe0qnv.png
    You all inspired me to go through Jules' Winterfest memories from this year, and this is what I found. I believe I've only had them celebrate three times, since I know I skipped a couple due to other events happening and since it takes me a while to cycle through a sim year sometimes. But this is what I found :)

Her first Winterfest in Mt. Komorebi with Lydia (who STILL calls to ask her on dates from time to time :joy:)
    4Spu7ME.png

That was the time the tree accidentally caught on fire haha.
    oXmmwaH.png

Then there was the Strangerville Christmas, the first one I had with Ruby and Jules and Emmett's first Christmas together <3
    ZzcZlXC.png

That was the one where Ruby got a violin.
    k2i1Tsg.png

And Jules regretted that decision immediately :D
    bZXENem.png

And then the most recent Winterfest was just after Riley was born in San Myshuno.
    qqyGsKO.png

That was the one where Father Winter skated with them.
    OhupeXV.png

And hooligan toddler Robin decided to sleep nearly naked in the snow :joy:
    p6wEdYG.png

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone! I hope everyone had a lovely day!

@Karababy52 I totally remember that first Christmas with (T)essa and Josh and the woohoo talk with Father Winter haha. And I do remember the Book of Life gift too <3

@SoulGal7 Lovely memory with Wolfgang and Sakura - I remember that moment too.

@Ellupelluellu LOL, Bob before he got deleted from your save :D
    @permanentrose -
    Oh....what lovely pics of Jules down memory lane. I remember all of those, especially when she was with Lydia for awhile while she was expecting Ruby. And the matching pjs...I love those photos. And yes, the snow sculpture looking after little Robin asleep on the snow. Wonderful photos of everyone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top