Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Jenpayne87Jenpayne87 Posts: 37 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Jenpayne87 wrote: »
    I can't get my game to load up and I don't know why, someone please help me!

Hey. You might want to post your problem at HQ, which has more tech help than you can get here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims/ct-p/the-sims

I managed to fix it but I don't know why it wouldn't load or how I got to work but it is now working.
    My mods aren't updating when I start the game and I don't know how to fix it, pls help me!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    My mods aren't updating when I start the game and I don't know how to fix it, pls help me!
    What exactly do you mean by the mods not “updating”? Mods don’t update themselves, you have to keep them up-to-date yourself by re-downloading them from where you got them, if they are updated by the creator.

Or do you mean your mods aren’t enabled in your game? Check in your game options for a checkbox “Enable Script Mods”, that needs to be checked and the game restarted, then you’ll see a list of your mods as you start the game.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited December 2021

Not sure what you mean, here. Mods are updated by downloading the newest version from the modders site and placing it in your mod folder. When you start the game after downloading a patch, repair, or new pack content from EA, the mods are disabled. You have to go into the game menu and enable them again. If you’re having another kind of problem, give us some details.
    babajayne wrote: »
    What exactly do you mean by the mods not “updating”? Mods don’t update themselves, you have to keep them up-to-date yourself by re-downloading them from where you got them, if they are updated by the creator.

Or do you mean your mods aren’t enabled in your game? Check in your game options for a checkbox “Enable Script Mods”, that needs to be checked and the game restarted, then you’ll see a list of your mods as you start the game.

I'm not seeing some of the mods I downloaded today to my game.
    I've been using icemunmun mods and was wondering if there is a better place that doesn't cost anything to download mods?

Besides the checkbox in your game options, could it be they’re not unzipped? Or some mods don’t work if they’re more than 1 subfolder deep in your mods folder.

Besides the checkbox in your game options, could it be they’re not unzipped? Or some mods don’t work if they’re more than 1 subfolder deep in your mods folder.

I thought I unzipped them and I'm not sure if its cause there more than 1 subfolder.
    I've been using icemunmun mods and was wondering if there is a better place that doesn't cost anything to download mods?
    I don’t pay for any mods. They’re only supposed to be locked behind a paywall for 2 weeks, I think, before being offered free to the public.

It really depends on what mods you’re looking for. I usually google “sims 4 mod (keyword)” and see what’s out there. Most of my mods are autonomy tweaks made by the wonderful Bienchen. She fixes all kinds of things that were annoying me.
    Does anyone know how long the packs will be on sale for origin?
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    edited December 2021
    Thank you :wink:
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • diavolosimsdiavolosims Posts: 37 Member
    Has anyone been able to play the game by accessing it via the EA App instead of Origin? Mine is not showing up in the EA App even if I purchased the digital deluxe of the game from Origin. Though, I am not advised to purchased the game again.
  • logilogi Posts: 1 New Member
    hello I have macbook pro 13 inch mid 2012. Can it run all sims 4 dlc?

here are the specs:
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Video card: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
  • diavolosimsdiavolosims Posts: 37 Member
    @logi Sadly, you would barely be able play the game with that RAM. I have an 8 GB of RAM but have to lower the resolution to High-Medium settings because of the occasional frame drop.

My laptop's specs:
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics
    Memory: 7549 MB / 8 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

I use a Nitro AN515-44 (Acer Nitro 5), but I was playing the Steam version of the game which requires both Steam and Origin to run, so it might be different when playing the Origin version which I also had to buy. Still, I question about the EA App version above your initial message because I couldn't get the game to appear in my collection.
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Hello everyone so i'm confused on how to get past new member.. I want to start storytelling but cant because i cant post pictures. I'm not really social engaging either lol. So tips will be great. Not new to The Sims at all, its one of my "go to places".
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hi @Carebear92 welcome to the forum. 🙂

What do I have to do to become a Full Member?
    Once you meet the following criteria, you will become a 'Member' and you will get access to all the standard forum permissions:

Must be a New Member for at least 1 day
    Share 15 constructive posts/comments
    Get 25 points
    When you receive badges for participating on the forums, or other members react to your comments with a 'Like', 'Awesome' or 'Insightful' reaction, you will get points. You can see how many points you have from your profile page. Look at the grey section under the Badges on the left column:

More info for new members here.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983330/a-welcome-guide-for-new-simmers#latest

You can also get points from Off Topic posting.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/off-topic-chat
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Hi @Carebear92 welcome ☺ I gave you an awesome to help you out!
    gen3-banner.png
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Bebe or BB, if easier, literally sounds the same :)
    Been simming for ages, but new to forums and wanted to post that it had been years since I witnessed a sim death (I usually keep mine healthy and happy) and the other day, I actually watched a sim "freeze to death" and I was like "wowowww, I do not remember these being so graphic"
    just me?!
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    *these death scenes

sorry to double-post, but wasn't sure if that made sense as is, and can't edit yet
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,302 Member

@creativesystem Welcome to the forum.
    Playgrounds get alive, when the children arrive and start to play.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • KidKid Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello,

I am new also.

I qas told that it's best if I join in on discussions here so here I go.

I guess I would have to say, that I have not been playing sims for long.

I guess I can categorize myself a type of enovater. I like technology and text to speech programs modified by you seems interesting. The idea of a sim based on a celebrity also fasinated me.

I guess if I can dictate to my phone instead of type it would be much better for me to achieve thing. I am always looking for new improvements.

Any way. I digress.

I did hear about a feature of the sims that can allow you to build a sim based on a picture of someone you know. All you have to do is upload it.

It sounded really cool.

Now if I can get a flying carpet. I will be golden.

Any way. I am a knew member and it is kinda overwhelming but I am sure that I can manage. After all I supposed many of you have been in the same position as me.

😀
  • Daaphee1Daaphee1 Posts: 3 New Member
    I know nothing about gaming gear !

Does a RTX3050 graphic card is good enough ?

:D
    Happy gaming xxx
  • cutebsarchercutebsarcher Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, can someone help me out please, I didnt know where else to ask. My sim died and became a ghost but i didnt add her to my household. She then called another one of my sims and asked if she should try for a baby and i answered yes. The ghost sim then became pregnant and at some point had a baby because i could see it on the family tree. The baby was human and grew into a human toddler. My issue is that I cant find the toddler and I dont know where they could be. If anyone has any ideas please let me know :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Hi @cutebsarcher and welcome to the forum.
    I have never had a situation like this and I'm kind of impressed and wish it would happen in my game :)
    The only suggestion I have is, if you haven't tried already, look for the ghost in Manage Households. Hopefully you will find ghost and toddler together in a Not In World household.
    gen3-banner.png
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Is there a way to use cheats to summon a sim (even from beyond the grave) to your lot, if you know their name? I feel like that could help with the ghost situation above.