Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    gbaisden wrote: »
    I use MC Command Center and I have it set to move Y/A out but they're not moving out. They're staying in the same house, getting married and having their own kids. Sometimes there's 8 sims living in the house and I have to go through each house and move them out. Is there's another setting that I'm missing somewhere?

If you've checked all your Population settings to make sure they can move out (and whether or not played households will be bypassed), be certain there are open residences available for them, or they can't move. If you have plenty of places for them to move into, also check that they show in their tooltip that at least one bed is available in each (even if you actually have more beds in them than that). If all those are already ok, I'm not sure what the problem could be.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • sushicrowsushicrow Posts: 15 Member
    Hi. I can't find the flag "Never Breakup" . I've used it before, has it been moved?

I followed this path: Sim:MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Pregnancy

However, "Flags Affecting Marriage/Relationships" (which then leads to "Flag to Never Breakup") is missing. Where can I find "Flag to Never Breakup"?

I'm using version 2021_4_1 and my game and Origin is fully updated. Removed all mods except MCCC, all cache cleared.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    sushicrow wrote: »
    Hi. I can't find the flag "Never Breakup" . I've used it before, has it been moved?

I followed this path: Sim:MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Pregnancy

However, "Flags Affecting Marriage/Relationships" (which then leads to "Flag to Never Breakup") is missing. Where can I find "Flag to Never Breakup"?

I'm using version 2021_4_1 and my game and Origin is fully updated. Removed all mods except MCCC, all cache cleared.

You're looking in the right place. It's still there.

Do you try it on an active sim?

It's only available on non played sims. If you want to add that flag on the sim you're currently playing, you have to change households and try it again, while not playing that particular sim. To make that sim appear you might use the "summon sim" command from the mailbox MC Cheat Menu.

Some MCCC options work only on non active sims while some are only available on the played ones. Depends on the game mechanics and what's technically feasable.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I use MC Command Center and I have it set to move Y/A out but they're not moving out. They're staying in the same house, getting married and having their own kids. Sometimes there's 8 sims living in the house and I have to go through each house and move them out. Is there's another setting that I'm missing somewhere?

If you've checked all your Population settings to make sure they can move out (and whether or not played households will be bypassed), be certain there are open residences available for them, or they can't move. If you have plenty of places for them to move into, also check that they show in their tooltip that at least one bed is available in each (even if you actually have more beds in them than that). If all those are already ok, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

I have it set that no homeless can move in to empty homes. Cold that be the cause? I do have empty homes available.
    edited December 2021

I have it set that no homeless can move in to empty homes. Cold that be the cause? I do have empty homes available.

It's possible, I suppose, but it shouldn't matter if they already do have homes. (Edit: I'm not sure about that, though, because I've never used this feature the way you want to do.) The only other thing I can think of at the moment to double check is the Open Houses part of the Population Settings menu. Is it possible that you have plenty of empty houses but too high a number for the ones you disallow to be available for moving in? For example, in my game I don't allow auto move-in at all, so I have that number set to its maximum (currently 100). Your number should be 0 (zero) or another low number because you do want them to be able to use those houses.
  • gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member

It's possible, I suppose, but it shouldn't matter if they already do have homes. (Edit: I'm not sure about that, though, because I've never used this feature the way you want to do.) The only other thing I can think of at the moment to double check is the Open Houses part of the Population Settings menu. Is it possible that you have plenty of empty houses but too high a number for the ones you disallow to be available for moving in? For example, in my game I don't allow auto move-in at all, so I have that number set to its maximum (currently 100). Your number should be 0 (zero) or another low number because you do want them to be able to use those houses.

Open houses were set to 1and I changed to 0. I'll se if people start moving.
  • Kathyz08Kathyz08 Posts: 1 New Member
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a direct answer on the MCCC FAQ. If i sent my pregnancy % as 0 does that affect my played sims or only my unplayed/npc sims?
  • LauraJPLauraJP Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having trouble adding flags to pets (active AND inactive). I want all pets in my town to stop aging so I'm using MCCC > Sim Flags > MCCC > Flag for No Age... but nothing happens and no flags have been added. This includes all other flags e.g. pregnancy. All flags work on sims , but not pets. Any ideas?
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    help y sims are being annoyed by gnomes. i forgot how to fix it.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member

Are these the holiday gnomes? Go into build/buy mode and sell the little demons. End of problem. :D
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I agree with @GalacticGal. I always delete those little demons. I also remove that task from the holiday.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    LauraJP wrote: »
    I'm having trouble adding flags to pets (active AND inactive). I want all pets in my town to stop aging so I'm using MCCC > Sim Flags > MCCC > Flag for No Age... but nothing happens and no flags have been added. This includes all other flags e.g. pregnancy. All flags work on sims , but not pets. Any ideas?

Same here, no effect, what ever flag I wanted to set. I never used flags on pets before, so I had to check it out first.

Guess I have to discuss this with Deaderpool. Maybe there is a hidden meaning behind this behaviour.

He is on holidays and will be back after new year, so this might take a while.
    @Bonxie Merry Christmas!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    edited December 2021
    Kathyz08 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a direct answer on the MCCC FAQ. If i sent my pregnancy % as 0 does that affect my played sims or only my unplayed/npc sims?

Check on an ingame computer whether this setting is enabled:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Bypass Played Households

If this setting is enabled, all MC Pregnancy options will be ignored on played Households. MCCC bypasses any household flagged as a 'Played Household' in the Manage Households screen so it will not be used for pregnancy. If this is disabled, only the active household will be bypassed.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Are these the holiday gnomes? Go into build/buy mode and sell the little demons. End of problem. :D

they probably are but i would like to get rid of them for good they span everywhere preventing my sins from being able to walk. i know theres a way to stop them but i forget what it is, if i just sell them they'll respawn.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited December 2021

they probably are but i would like to get rid of them for good they span everywhere preventing my sins from being able to walk. i know theres a way to stop them but i forget what it is, if i just sell them they'll respawn.

Click on the holiday on the calendar, open it up and delete the gnomes right out of the holiday traditions/activities. I did this so long ago I forget all about the gnomes haha.

Edited to Add: If the holiday is actively happening you probably can't edit, so wait until it's over and then fix it for the future ones.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    If I remember correctly, gnomes multiply like rabbits. I always sell them.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    @Bonxie Merry Christmas!

Hi, same to you. Thank you very much!
    edited December 2021
    You're very welcome. I have a question that has never come up for me until now. I know we can pause a pregnancy, but I was wondering if we can make a pregnancy last longer? She's in her first term at Uni. I discovered the hard way that once she's in her third trimester, (or at least she and her hubby were now able to take family leave), is when she was told to pack up her bags and leave. :open_mouth: This was unacceptable, so I rolled back my save until the kids were just off to Uni. This way I didn't lose too much time. They just had to restart their term. She just discovered she was on the nest, so I paused it immediately. Is this the best method? They have two days left in this term, and they will graduate after their third term.

Please, and thank you, in advance.
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 123 Member
    Hi folks, I've been using MCCC for a while but I'm still getting used to the new menus. Right now I'm having trouble adjusting the skill difficulty for my sims.I have the skill difficulty set on the computer. Usually, I would click on the sim or the mailbox to flag the sim/household for skill rate change. Now, I can't find that option? Did something change?
    You're very welcome. I have a question that has never come up for me until now. I know we can pause a pregnancy, but I was wondering if we can make a pregnancy last longer? She's in her first term at Uni. I discovered the hard way that once she's in her third trimester, (or at least she and her hubby were now able to take family leave), is when she was told to pack up her bags and leave. :open_mouth: This was unacceptable, so I rolled back my save until the kids were just off to Uni. This way I didn't lose too much time. They just had to restart their term. She just discovered she was on the nest, so I paused it immediately. Is this the best method? They have two days left in this term, and they will graduate after their third term.

Please, and thank you, in advance.

You can change the number of days for all sims' pregnancy duration (default is 3 days, I think), or you can "reset" your sim's current pregnancy phase to an earlier one (as many times as you need to, if you like) in order to prevent her getting to third trimester before you want her to. Or you can do both.
    edited December 2021
    Lecca wrote: »
    Hi folks, I've been using MCCC for a while but I'm still getting used to the new menus. Right now I'm having trouble adjusting the skill difficulty for my sims.I have the skill difficulty set on the computer. Usually, I would click on the sim or the mailbox to flag the sim/household for skill rate change. Now, I can't find that option? Did something change?

That did change. We can no longer change difficulties or bonuses like that for individual sims. Whatever skill difficulty setting you have (from the computer; I'm not in-game at the moment, and I don't remember the specific settings) is for all sims. I miss having it the old way, but it probably made poor Deaderpool's life much easier to do it that way.
    edited December 2021
    Lecca wrote: »

@Lecca @VeeDub

The flags for skill rate adjustment and the respective option on the mailbox were removed from MCCC v2021.1 last May.

Deaderpool wrote about this:
    Previously, when using the Skill Rate Adjustment setting, a Sim also had to be flagged for the adjustment to be active. With the changes I'm making this release so a game restart is not required after chaning Skill Rate Adjustment, I also made it apply to all sims in the game rather than a Sim that is flagged. I have removed the flag, as a result, since it is no longer necessary. There may be some users that actually wanted it to work on a micro-Sim level, but I know on Discord most of the people we've heard from seem to want it to work on a global level.

The setting for the Skill Rate Adjustment is located here:
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Skill Difficulty Adjustment

Additionally since MCCC v2021.3 there are two more options to finetune the skill adjustment:
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings >Skill Adjustment Blacklist
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings >Skill Adjustment Whitelist
    Thank you @VeeDub can you please give me the pathway? I've done very little with MC Pregnancy. So far, I only know how to pause a pregnancy. :)
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 123 Member
    @Bonxie @VeeDub Thank you both so much!! I’m used to the old way as well but I understand why :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top