Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I didn't know that sims that we're invited to spend the nigh could have a personal emergency and leave in the middle of the night :lol:

Whenever I ask a sim to spend the night they go straight to bed and sleep!

I also think it's cause before they never used to sleep at all even after woohoo so they would stay up all night and you could not reach max speed. I had one Sim stay for days and days because he just would never leave.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I don't know if this has always been possible in Spa Day or was added with the refresh, but you can add a yoga studio function to the Onsen in Yukimatsu (and presumably any other public lot) by setting up an instructor mat and normal mats the way you would usually do at a spa. I was skiing there with a sim today when the game informed me that a yoga lesson was about to begin shortly. I checked it out, and yep, there was an instructor and everything. Pretty cool!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited November 2021
    Did you know that you start social events at bronze with the highest good reputation (get famous) ?

I play the game translated, so I don't know the exact name of this level of good reputation. My sim started in bronze and I had to aim for silver, not gold, to complete a goal for the master chef aspiration. To test this I cheated away the good reputation (highest rank) of my sim and without a reputation my sim started without the first part filled already.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,942 Member
    I really like the “Café Deluxe” song that’s on the Cottagecore radio station that comes with Cottage Living… I googled the artist’s name and discovered it’s a real song! I’m curious to hear what it sounds like in English rather than Simlish.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I really like the “Café Deluxe” song that’s on the Cottagecore radio station that comes with Cottage Living… I googled the artist’s name and discovered it’s a real song! I’m curious to hear what it sounds like in English rather than Simlish.

It's a great song! :smiley:
    https://youtu.be/Z2Djj5Uk5xU
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    If you plead for the life of a sim who died of old age and succeed, they don't get any extra days. The next time you either load the lot or the sim wakes up, the game will notice they are past their time and kill them again.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    If you plead for the life of a sim who died of old age and succeed, they don't get any extra days. The next time you either load the lot or the sim wakes up, the game will notice they are past their time and kill them again.

oh...
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    That one I actually knew and use a mod to avoid it since long.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I only realized yesterday that you can put small objects on half walls.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    I found out today that adult family members can fall in love with each other!

There is no romance bar, but a sentiment that says my sim has romantic feelings for her father. Don't mind me, I'm just throwing up a little over here...
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I found out today that adult family members can fall in love with each other!

There is no romance bar, but a sentiment that says my sim has romantic feelings for her father. Don't mind me, I'm just throwing up a little over here...

i truly hope that gets patched!
    Probably the buggy Canning Gift Sentiment, @GrumpyGlowfish?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

Yeah, I had one of my sims just gift a mechanism to her Servo, and the Servo got a romantic sentiment.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @BookBear Wow, maybe mechanisms are considered a highly personal gift among servos?

gen3-banner.png
    edited December 2021
    My Sims tended to gain flirty sentiments towards Santa and vice versa all the time before I modded it. There's a bug report for it on AnswersHQ.
    We hardly get any fixes lately but normally bugs evolving around incest do get fixed with higher priority.

Oh, is that a known bug?
    My sim did receive a gift from her father beforehand, but it was a plant, not canned food.
    edited December 2021
    Yep, I've seen it on AnswersHQ months ago. Neither the type of gift nor the relationship pretests are correctly tuned.
    The fix I did can be found in my Seasons Mods, holidaypresentsfix.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    My Sims tended to gain flirty sentiments towards Santa and vice versa all the time before I modded it. There's a bug report for it on AnswersHQ.
    We hardly get any fixes lately but normally bugs evolving around incest do get fixed with higher priority.

That sexy beard :*<3
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I honestly didn't know you could attach double beds under a bunk bed.

JtyDFfc.png

I wonder if you can attach a murphy bed under a bunk? haha! Gotta try that now! :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Daephene wrote: »

I suppose, as soon as they are still alive, quickly buy them a "potion of youth" if you can.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    JtyDFfc.png
    I wonder if you can attach a murphy bed under a bunk? haha! Gotta try that now! :D

Holy ****... I didn't know that either until right now, reading your post! Thanks for sharing that.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

JtyDFfc.png

It was added with Dream Home Decorator pre-patch. With this, you can add the following things:
    • Double beds
    • Desks
    • Dressers
    • Living Chairs
    • Loveseats (two seat couches)

In addition, dressers, desks, and single beds can now be put differently under the bunk bed (like the double beds are).
    All the info I gave here I took from the patch notes. But it's an awesome addition.

Though the game does keep track of the object sizes, so objects that are too large won't slot under a bunk bed. That unfortunately means that those murphy beds won't go (I've tried it out too).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top