Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #155 - Down on the Farm
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #156 Home for Winterfest
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmilia
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chateau Frise in Brindleton Bay (40x40)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7EABC0CF60D111EC8064A15490F1F0B0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmilia&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 4,000
    GALLERY COST:196,929 (When I looked before uploading, it looked like 195,940, I don't know what happened, sorry! :( )
    TOTAL COST: 200,929
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/gtB2qx4
    ENTRY DETAILS: This beautiful plot is one of my favorites, it is close to the sea, it provides a lot of outdoor activities and is also big enough for a multi-bedroom house. Two bedrooms on the first floor can be accessed from the entrance hall via a small hallway. Here is the main bedroom for grandparents and the two smallest's common bedroom next to each other. I wanted these two rooms downstairs so that grandparents and little ones wouldn’t have to climb a lot of stairs and be close to each other. Both have their own bathroom. There are 3 more bedrooms on the second floor, the two oldest children have their own rooms with private bathrooms. The home have many terraces, a hobby/playingroom for the children on the third floor, and lots of play option at the backyard. All home decorated for Winterfest.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

uYQStbY.png
    disZDbn.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2021
    CHALLENGE #156 Home for Winterfest
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tail End (BB)
    NEW LOT LINK: Home for Winterfest
    LOT COST: 3,000
    GALLERY COST: 186,787
    TOTAL COST: 189,787
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Ready for Winterfest
    ENTRY DETAILS: This three story home has it all for the DeWinters to enjoy. Lush yard with gazebo for Neva's garden. Space for swingset and bicycles plus toddler pool and jacuzzi. Outdoor kitchen, picnic tables and lounging area perfect for entertaining friends. The inside has a natural aesthetic and I used a multicultural family picture as inspiration. The children's level on the second floor transfers them into another world--meadow for toddler room, forest for children then onto fantasyland and space in the playroom and finally into the jungle and ocean in their bathroom. The teens have the topfloor with large screen tv, snack area and their own rooms that fit their tastes.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITCISM: yes

No cc

gI6O3q1.png

teUNm4h.png

TOPVIEW (Sorry, I always forget to put this in the slideshow)
    First floor

DmzalSx.png

Second

HLPNz4r.png

Third

JnBtT75.png

tfSwZLA.png
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    CHALLENGE #156 -Home for Winterfest
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The lighthouse in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: A Home for Winterfest
    LOT COST: $3000
    GALLERY COST: $176,729.00
    TOTAL COST: $179,729.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: A Home for Winterfest
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have built a rustic country home with an industrial flair to the interior of the home for the DeWinter Family. The main living space is open concept with a large kitchen and dining room that can hold up to 8 people. The master suite is also found on the main level of the home. The second level is a private space made especially for the teenagers. It also has a study that Thor can escape to, if he finds the house too "people-y". The walk out basement is where all the activity is. There is a family room with plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy. A laundry room and three more bedrooms. Each children's bedroom is uniquely designed to fit each child's interests. There is a bathroom for the toddler's to share and another for the children to share. The yard has a hydro garden for Neva, a playground, gazebo, hot tub, fire pit, and an ice rink for the family to enjoy as well. I have given the lot the homey, good schools, and child's play traits.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    okyGfHB.png
    GCKeHdb.png
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #155 - Down on the Farm

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited January 2022
    CHALLENGE #156
    FORUM ID: abelhinha35
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    BUILD NAME: A Home for Christmas
    GALLERY: Link
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 196 979
    TOTAL COST:199 979
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link

ENTRY DETAILS: I built a contemporary home with furnishing hopefully, to suit everyone's tastes. I have left the 1st-floor landing walls bare so that they can start placing their own photos there and create new memories. I have not placed Christmas decorations, cause I don't do it in RL, but I did take two picks of it decorated for Christmas.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes (please note that when placing this build the front stairs disappears, not sure why this happens but I have tested it numerous times and it happens every time.)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    i6fv6p0.png

WfHcB06.png

RQ8Awky.png
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    FORUM ID: HEW310
    ORIGIN ID: HEW310
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Midtown Meadows
    NEW LOT LINK: Link
    GALLERY COST: 170,130
    TOTAL COST: 173,130
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link
    ENTRY DETAILS: I created a suburban home with plenty of room for the kids to grow. With indoor and outdoor spaces for year-round play, the kids will always be able to find a way to get their energy out. Their current rooms reflect their interests, but the neutral walls and floors allow for any room to be 'matured' at any time.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    YNnnHie.png
    AFA4HT5.png
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited December 2021
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: This is my first time entering this challenge, but I've been building for a long time :)!
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Summer Home in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/44132C5D691311EC8B01C3F193DEAD3A?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §3,000
    GALLERY COST: §196,814
    TOTAL COST: §199,814
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/8yWKQku
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Thor collects holiday cracker prizes. Two are displayed in the kitchen, and two unopened holiday crackers are on the mantle. Neva loves to play video games on the computer and she’s hoping that Father Winter will bring her a new console for Winterfest so she can play with her grandchildren (she already has a big TV and game controllers, her outdoor garden is great because she loves the outdoors, and plenty of toys and activities for her grandchildren are strewn around the house, inside and out. Teen, Mazim requested squash soup for Winterfest dinner because he’s a vegetarian. As the other teen, Gale is a perfectionist, especially when it comes to makeup, which is kept on her dresser. However, the family just found out that Mazim is allergic to dogs, but not to cats, so for Winterfest, a cat will be joining the family, and when Gale wants to pet/play with a dog, she can walk over to nearby Pupperstone Park in Brindleton bay (there’s a new shower going in there right after Winterfest so she can get all the allergens off her skin/clothes and she can bring a new set of clothes in her backpack.) A genius child, Ramiel loves to play chess with his grandparents. His sister Elysia, also a child, loves to play on the monkey bars or read, so her grandparents were sure to include monkey bars and plenty of books for her. The toddlers, Storm and Rain, are silly and clingy, but both love their rooms, their tablet and their toys. In addition, there are 2 bathrooms outside., but three are full baths inside the house.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by @rosemow
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    NX2V4od.png
    MWuJlQb.png
    terrain painted hopscotch to the left of the hot springs
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Midtown Meadows
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3EAE8F7156C011EC843F047BDC94C7FE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 140,918
    TOTAL COST: 143,918
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/7rAiAKg
    ENTRY DETAILS: his modernish home boasts plenty of space for a family of 8 to spread out. a Large spacious main living space on the bottom floor includes a large living room, kitchen and dining. there is also a first floor office and laundry/powder room. 3 bedrooms are on the 2nd floor, and 3 full baths. The rooftop boasts a rooftop garden and greenhouse. The poolhouse has been turned into two beds/bath gets us to 5 beds. A large garden perfect for kids and gardners alike.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please :)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

DDkPUFg.png

xRQcUob.png
    Ll71I0W.png

Because it is New Year's weekend, the deadline for this challenge has been extended to Sunday, January 2nd. Let us know if you need more time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited January 2022
    FORUM ID: JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID: jojoMOMSTER
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Vacuous Green
    NEW LOT LINK: Now a Residence
    LOT COST: 4000
    GALLERY COST: 195992
    TOTAL COST: 199992
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: The inspiration for my build
    G9Vmqzm.png
    More backstory according to me: Thor's cousin Loki and his wife Valkeria had made their living running a small, friendly and very clean private motel. The small motel had sort of run its course as a viable business and Valkeria wanted to retire but who would buy the property? It was decided that Thor's family and Loki's family would trade properties. Thor and Neva now have plenty of space for the their grandchildren and everyone's interests.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    0kjErlG.png
    z1aZqyr.png
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    That is so creative @JojoMOMSTER ! Now you made me want to build a motel :)
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    Ll71I0W.png

Because it is New Year's weekend, the deadline for this challenge has been extended to Sunday, January 2nd. Let us know if you need more time.

Sadly my game crashed and I lost everything I had been working on. Not enough time to rebuild it :( Love everyone's builds so far and don't envy the judges at all.

Happy New Year everyone

Hugs
    MaryKup
    Thanks @AlJay
    I’m so sorry about your crash and loss @MaryKup
    Oh no @MaryKup!
    4kkjdXo.png

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Wishing everyone a very happy 2022!

JgoUEJK.png?1
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Happy New Year dear @masajo and Happy New Year one and all.
    Happy new year @masajo and everyone! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

5nd1sli.png
    #BnS156 - Home for Winterfest is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    UaHJbvc.jpg

Winter Designer Showdown
    Sims 4 | #BnS157

You are working on a fairly involved design. An IM from Karl pops up: Two really sweet young people were walking by and are wondering if you would see them? You type back: Sure, bring them in.
    Dylan and Sally sit opposite you; they express their appreciation to you for seeing them.
    “Of course, so how can I help?”
    Dylan explains: “Sally and I have $22000 for a lot and house. We are kind of crafty/artistic gardeners and would like to be able to generate an income from home.”
    “What style or location do you have in mind?”
    Sally looks a bit worried but she adds-in an important detail: “My parents are going to a container auction in a couple days, they are gifting us a container of furnishings. We want where we live and the style of our house to work well with the free items. Also, if possible, we would like to re-purpose the empty container as a means of earning an income.”
    “So, you don’t know what they will pick for you?”
    Sally shrugs: “No idea”
    “No problem! We can choose a lot, get your container delivered and build a house to suit your needs. It will be ready for you in about a month,”
    Dylan is so happy. He jumps up, shakes your hand and says: “Thank you! This is going to be great.”

Build Challenge
    Place the 40x30 lot Container Yard and choose a container on behalf of Sally’s parents, Save this container as a room to your gallery.
    Purchase a lot and place your container. You can place your container on the ground, on dunnage or on a low foundation or platform. You can add a roof, windows, door, stairs if needed to access the door and re-paint the container if you like. Sally’s parents are paying to get your container situated. Your container must be free standing. It cannot share walls with your house. Your container is a space for Dylan and Sally to generate income. Some examples could be: a greenhouse, a massage studio, a painting or photo studio, or a woodworking space.
    You now have 22000 minus the lot cost to build a functional home and equip your container. Please try to use the furnishings provided. You can recolour them if you like. If you need to sell one two or three of the items Sally’s parents won’t be offended. You are free to purchase whatever else you need for your home.
    Sally and Dylan can be a young couple or twin siblings, you choose. If they are siblings each will need their own bedroom. If they are a couple, they will share a room. Your home needs a bathroom, a place to prepare and enjoy meals and space to relax and entertain. Sally and Dylan like gardening, they need a space for gardening.

Room Challenge
    Choose one of the empty containers and create a space for Dylan and Sally to earn an income. Budget $2000.

Sim Challenge
    Create Dylan and Sally. Tell us about their arts/crafting interests and show us their outfits.

Note: Lot link is coming, thanks to @JojoMOMSTER for creating it.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns157 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Monday, January 31st, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Hi! Here is the the link for Container Yard. It can also be found with the hashtag #BnS157 I hope you can find something here to suit your build.
  • xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    Hi! Does the container and its contents count towards the cost of the build? Just wondering since it's considered gifted to them in the briefing.
    Hi! Does the container and its contents count towards the cost of the build? Just wondering since it's considered gifted to them in the briefing.

Good question. I'm going to say no, you have the contents of the container plus $22,000.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    You have the contents and the container itself situated before 22000.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    This challenge is such an awesome idea <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top