Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    When a sim is riding a horse for the first time and the faces they make! Kind of like oh, it really high up here!
    :) Smile!

• TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    High School graduation wasn’t added till Generations.
  • JustinRideJustinRide Posts: 16 Member
    Styling an objects can change the sound it makes when you interact with it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDDGBxKllVw
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    You know how at University you can get an opportunity to "Pull the Lever of Doom" on the Group Science Project and all the sims in the area (including yours) will pass out? Until recently I hadn't been playing with celebrities turned on, but I have it on now, and I discovered that if your sim is a celebrity, they can be publicly disgraced for passing out in public if they do this.
  • MR2021MR2021 Posts: 93 Member
    You know how at University you can get an opportunity to "Pull the Lever of Doom" on the Group Science Project and all the sims in the area (including yours) will pass out? Until recently I hadn't been playing with celebrities turned on, but I have it on now, and I discovered that if your sim is a celebrity, they can be publicly disgraced for passing out in public if they do this.

Well, actually they can be publicly disgraced for pretty much EVERYTHING (even if they hadn't done what they are being accused of doing). This happens frequently, and I find it sooo annoying... The "celebrity system" is one of the few things that is better in The Sims 4 than The Sims 3 in my opinion, and I only insisted in making my Sims celebrities because I wanted one of them to get the Celebrity Awards.
    But I guess this opportunity is connected to one of the social groups, am I right? One of my Sims had a degree in Science and never received this opportunity.
    "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory … The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!" Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I didn't know until just recently that children of celebrities, who gain celebrity themselves when they age up to child, can also be disgraced. The wife/mother of my current household is a four star celebrity master acrobat, and the husband father is a 1 star celebrity. When their twins aged up to child, they became two star celebrities. Soon after they moved to a new town, their son was disgraced for peeing his pants in public, even though he hadn't actually been out in public yet.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I didn't know until just recently that children of celebrities, who gain celebrity themselves when they age up to child, can also be disgraced. The wife/mother of my current household is a four star celebrity master acrobat, and the husband father is a 1 star celebrity. When their twins aged up to child, they became two star celebrities. Soon after they moved to a new town, their son was disgraced for peeing his pants in public, even though he hadn't actually been out in public yet.

Go to City Hall and sue them for Slander ... B)
    You'll probably win, and at least get some money out of it.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    BlackSand wrote: »

Happy Simming!

Can children do that? I do it when adults get disgraced with false accusations.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    If you use NRAAS mods you can disable some of those false accusations under General Options > Options: Friendships > Options: Celebrity.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited January 2022
    Just Found This Out:
    You can Magically Upgrade the Aurora Wardrobe (possibly other wardrobes as well). You have to be a witch but the Portal that has a similar story to Narnia.
    You can also WooHoo in the full sized wardrobes.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    This could be a mod, but I'm not sure. Today, I had my sim call in fake sick to work because she was very unhappy and I didn't want her performance to suffer a ton because of it. Later that day, I got a notification saying that a co-worker ratted my sim out! :astonished: She lost relationship points with her boss. :lol:
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »

Happy Simming!

Can children do that? I do it when adults get disgraced with false accusations.

Teens can AFAIK.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited January 2022
    I did´t know, that adult sims can use the seesaw! I did know, that they can use the swings, and teens can hang out on the slide.

Seesaws are just a routing fail to happen, so I normally don´t bother with them, but my sim autonomously decided to have some fun with them on a public lot.

Screenshot-3951.jpg
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    MR2021 wrote: »
    But I guess this opportunity is connected to one of the social groups, am I right? One of my Sims had a degree in Science and never received this opportunity.

Might be connected to the Nerd social group, I'm not sure. It doesn't seem to happen that often.

Another thing I just discovered, BTW (since I didn't have Seasons until now) is that sims with the Evil trait will make an evil laugh when there's a thunderclap.

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited January 2022

Might be connected to the Nerd social group, I'm not sure. It doesn't seem to happen that often.

It's completely up to you how often you get that. Completely charge the Group Science Project with one of the colors until the beam of light emerges at the top (you can see your progress by the progress of the light bars on the upper part of the device), and then you are allowed to "pull the lever of doom". Blue yields the "power nap", red greatly increases the chance of everyone around the structure to streak, and green is the jackpot: double skill gains for six hours. You can power level lots of skills by using the structure. It's one of the easier ways to get your sims' university performance up.

There's another mode, but that requires you to equally charge the structure with every color (keep track how the eight light segments progress). After activation, you can pull the lever to get a shower of gems.

Regarding things I didn't know, my mind is blank at the moment, although there are probably still quite a few things I don't know.
    Turjan wrote: »
    It's completely up to you how often you get that. Completely charge the Group Science Project with one of the colors until the beam of light emerges at the top (you can see your progress by the progress of the light bars on the upper part of the device), and then you are allowed to "pull the lever of doom". Blue yields the "power nap", red greatly increases the chance of everyone around the structure to streak, and green is the jackpot: double skill gains for six hours. You can power level lots of skills by using the structure. It's one of the easier ways to get your sims' university performance up.

That much is true, but an actual Opportunity sometimes comes up to pull the lever (for extra credit, I think). And you don't control that.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Ah, that's cool. I guess I misunderstood that. Aren't the social group opportunities in a different tab than the normal ones you get during class?
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member

Another thing I just discovered, BTW (since I didn't have Seasons until now) is that sims with the Evil trait will make an evil laugh when there's a thunderclap.

If only another Sim would also say "Blucher!" (sp?)
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited January 2022
    I watched my Sims' new puppy exercising along with the television. Cutest thing I ever saw!

Note: Kind of sad that PB put their watermark on my sig pic.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @texansky Long time no see! :smiley: Have missed seeing you on the big main thread. <3

I don't think I've ever seen a puppy exercising to the TV! I don't doubt it was adorable! :blush:

Yeah PB puts their watermark on all your pictures now if you do not have a paid subscription... :(
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member
    @emorrill Last time I had played and been active on the forums was in the Spring of 2016, so it's been nearly six years!
    I dusted off my game and am determined to finish my Forsythe Legacy Family Challenge. I have four littles in my ninth-generation now. And I updated my blog. I have two game weeks of pictures and happenings to add to the blog, just need to make the time.
    The puppy dance was one of the last things that happened in my latest save. I should load the game and see if I can get a video of it.
    I linked the picture from my blog site and the watermark is gone. I guess Wix doesn't do that.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    texansky wrote: »
    @emorrill Last time I had played and been active on the forums was in the Spring of 2016, so it's been nearly six years!
    I dusted off my game and am determined to finish my Forsythe Legacy Family Challenge. I have four littles in my ninth-generation now. And I updated my blog. I have two game weeks of pictures and happenings to add to the blog, just need to make the time.
    The puppy dance was one of the last things that happened in my latest save. I should load the game and see if I can get a video of it.
    I linked the picture from my blog site and the watermark is gone. I guess Wix doesn't do that.

@texansky OMGosh has is been THAT long!? :open_mouth: I had no idea...I was thinking it'd only been a year or two. :p

Yay that you're back! <3 And that you're working to finish your legacy. :) I've written a couple of novels - and some short stories - in 6 years time. :lol:

I'm glad you were able to fix your signature picture too. :star: I'll have to go check out your blog. :) My Blog is also linked via my signature if you want to check it out too. :blush:

But yeah, welcome back. :kissing_heart: Have fun simming and writing!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    I've just noticed that when trying to befriend a genie summoned from a lamp, the "Ask About Day" interaction seems to worsen your sim's relationship with the genie. Almost as if the genie thought you were being deliberately mean, since the poor guy has been stuck in a lamp for goodness knows how long; what's he supposed to say about his day?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited February 2022
    Pertaining not to game mechanics, but to keep the game functioning.

File this under: Things I knew...but completely forgot and stupidly did it anyways.

Do not delete your DCCache files or you might lose your Store stuff.

Ooopsies.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    I didn't know that a brave child would refuse her parent's offer of protection from monsters under the bed. But she wouldn't sleep in her bed either. The sleep, nap, and relax options were greyed out, and there was a message that said, "Are you kidding?! Jade Browning isn't going anywhere near that bed."

ShckObs.jpg

This was also only the second time I have seen the clawed tentacle coming out from under the bed. Usually, it's glowing eyes looking out. At least the brave child didn't wet herself as she ran out of the room, like the first child did. She didn't scream either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top