Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No more Eco Lifestyle Phonecalls Mod?

mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
edited December 2021 in General Mods Discussion
Hello everybody. :)
I have a question: Is there a mod out there, that deactivates the phonecalls that came with Eco Lifestyle (now made Basegame with the Neighborhood Storys Update)? The ones about having a baby, getting a new job ect.

These calls do not fit into my gameplay. They are always worded in a way, that does not fit my Sims personalities or my Storyline at all. And sometimes they are glitched like the grandma asks the toddler or the kid something inappropriate.

Is there a way to get completely rid of them?

Thank you in advance and have a lovely day. :)

Comments

• Fuchsia_RainbowFuchsia_Rainbow Posts: 14 New Member
    Bienchens has a mod called 'call and visit tweak' that tones down these calls. Not sure about one to turn them off entirely, but this might help.
    Actually I've just looked and it seems Bienchens has done a second mod to disable the feature entirely
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    Actually I've just looked and it seems Bienchens has done a second mod to disable the feature entirely

Thank you so much for your reply. 👍🏻 I also just found out about bienchens new neighborhood stories mod!! 😍 I'm so happy about that, now I can turn it completely off! Bienchen is awesome!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2021

What's that second mod called, please? I looked at the Call and visit tweak and is doesn't do what I have in mind. I want the calls "Should I have a baby", "I think I love you", "I feel down, cheer me up", "I have an important question" and "Please visit your mom" gone. These aren't from neighborhood stories, they came with EL.

(I already have the mod that disables neighborhood stories. It takes care of the babies call, but not of the other four.)
    Okay, I tried something. I looked into Bienchen's mod what tuning files are responsible for the phone calls that I want gone. Looks like it's dramanodetuning dialogDramaNode_CommunityCloseness_ParentCheckin, _FeelingBlue, _DreamofYou, _ImportantQuestions and _FriendCrush
    as well as two SimFiltertunings [...]_Parental Checkin and _FriendCrush.
    So I pulled them all in a new package and then changed "true" to "false" for all days of the week. When the game finds no valid day to pester me with the calls, then I shouldn't get any, right?

@83bienchen is that new "mod" of mine safe to use? I thought I'd better ask before I put it into the game lest I destroy something, because so far I only ever changed minor things like career pay and working hours and some ingame texts, nothing really deep. I consider using the same approach to get rid of the trash collector on trash accumulating lots (I need the resources, don't want them to get stolen by the npc).
    The mod is called Neighborhood Stories, under Misc Mods on the website.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited December 2021
    Your approach should work for the most part and will surely not destroy your game, @EnkiSchmidt.
    I "disabled" the Trash collectors by overriding them with my dogwalkersinotherworlds mod, if I remember correctly.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Sweet! That's two gripes less (I bet they didn't expect us to run junkyards on an industrial scale, haha!) Thank you, @83bienchen !