Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendly reminder : always read all information about a mod before installing

KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
First off the issue is now fixed , but I recently went mod shopping and added like four one after the other( without reading the information about it first) . This borked my game a bit and it took me about a week to find which mod was causing the issue.

Out of curiosity I looked up the mod that I finally figured out was the issue and turns out I didn’t have the secondary mods to make it work. Thankfully I just lost the file I was playing for myself( and not too far in), so no harm no fowl.

So, anyone else have mod horror stories they’d like to share?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Yeah, I tried some mods once, helped some other players along with their usage, and made everyone laugh a lot for some reason (players can be easily amused, I guess). The next thing I knew, I woke up one morning and was helping to run the site that hosts them and my life hasn't been the same since.

Not recommended, 1/10, proceed at your own risk. :p

(of course I am not being serious and know this isn't exactly the kind of story you were looking for...) :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Oh, man. I installed that "toddler independence" mod that is SUPPOSED to allow your toddlers to go down stairs so they don't get stuck at the top of stairs like they do sometimes. It doesn't work. At all. So, I uninstalled it and forgot about the part where it said that you will have to replace all stairs in your save if you remove the mod. I had sims getting stuck in the middle of stairs all over town or just glitching out doing weird stuff. It took me far too long to figure out that it was because I removed that mod and didn't replace any stairs in town :D
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited December 2021
    @StephSteb thanks for the info, I didn’t realize the Toddler Independence mod was (that)broken , I’ll be replacing all stairs in Bridgeport now lol
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    KNORear wrote: »
    @StephSteb thanks for the info, I didn’t realize the Toddler Independence mod was (that)broken , I’ll be replacing all stairs in Bridgeport now lol

I was super bummed about it, too! That mod is sorely needed in my game because my toddlers always seem to get stuck at the top of the stairs. I tried it with 2 different toddlers and NOPE, still getting stuck so now it's back to all nurseries on the first floor only, please lol

LE SIGH. :(:D

• sofie981sofie981 Posts: 486 Member
    edited December 2021
    Always delete the cashe files before adding any new mod, use a save with a backup so if anything wierd happen you can remove the mod and go back to the clean save. Be careful to read all the info on the mod, and see if this is a good/ experienced modder who either had lots of help from the tech-geniouses and have had the mod tested along the way. You may also need additional mods to get the mod to work and sometimes there may be a conflict with other mods you have, and lastly always make sure that the mod is updated to your own version. I try to stay clear from any core-mods as they can seriously cause problems. If anything bad happens, then an easy fix is rename the sims 3 in the document file to ts3.old or some thing, then start up the launcher it will create a new ts3 folder. Then take a clean backup save + all the mods you know is safe and your other files that you need and copi and paste them into the new ts3 file. Keep the old file when you try the game so if you have forgotten something you can add it in before you play again also have it as a habit only to use save as, and delete all cashe files after gameplay. Now if only I can follow my own advice, I will save me a lot of trouble but I am forgtfull, and absent minded, so I forget to name the safe save as the safe one and keep on playing the wrong one swearing at the pc lol ......
    Happy simming :p
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Yeah, and don't add too much CC at a time, because the can make troubleshooting more difficult. Let's say that you install 100 CC files and one of them is bad, and it causes problems that, for example, aren't intuitively relatable to a rocking chair. What if it makes all the phones ring all the time? You'd need a weird imagination to think "Aha, the rocking chair!" :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I installed few cc and maybe mod and everytime I load a new world everyone is gone there's literally no else at all even the university world, forgot what the culprit mod was but it was really the only thing that I least suspected .
    ihavemultiplegamertags