Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What One Addition Would Make The Game Feel Complete For You?

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm going to make a distinction between things I hope they will add to the game and things that make the game cohesive and whole. I'd like to have babies that are Sims, home schooling and more hobbies, but those are wishes that I'd enjoy playing, not game fundamentals.

For a more 'complete' game, I'd like an overhaul that links later packs to other packs and the base game: ie, whims should be generated by all packs, knitting should fulfil creative needs, foods from all packs should be eligible for the healthy lifestyle, 'likes' should include all skill activities, lot traits should include skills that were added later, etc.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited November 2021
    well it is not just one addition but personally game will never feel finished without:

1. townie toggles + npc manager
    (turn off randomized townie generation, choose your own sims for all roles in game)
    2. memories
    (sentiments hardly scratch the surface really and sims continue to feel dull with no memories)
    3.Better romance interactions + couple dancing + some type of attraction system
    (what more do i need to say thats really 80% of how i would like to play my game and its very disappointing atm)
    4. Dragons, Werewolves and Fairies. in that order.
    (if you add so many items that connect to these occults just freaking add the occults eventually maybe)
    5. Cool pack concepts that did not exist in ts 1, 2 or 3. in any form. I'm waiting. Surprise me.
    (and no, not Get Star Wars TM)

+ Just overall as long as it feels inferior to ts1 or 2... it won't feel complete to me
    theres always something i wish improved before the game ends and id rather it doesn't end anytime soon

+ for love of watcher do improve the game performance and eliminate bugs asap
    its getting quite unstable and I don't want ts4 to become unplayable mess thanks
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Height! I need height difference.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Neighborhood creation tools with editing tools.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Werewolves and fairy we have witches vampire and mermaids In S3 Vamps Fae and werewolves came together had to wait for mermaids finish the supernaturals
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I just want them to fix all the bugs, I don't even care about "additions" at this point. I'll just get mods for anything that's missing, I just want the game that I paid for the work as intended.
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    It's hard to narrow it down to just one because, despite my memories of the older games being too vague to miss many older features, there are things that still just feel off.

Maybe the biggest one though, would be covered by what I assume is what was earlier meant by a "Preteen" Life Stage. It's not that I need an extra Life Stage itself, but as the game currently is the visual gap between Child and Teen is so jarringly massive. Even then it doesn't sound like a huge issue, but somehow I find myself running into it surprisingly often when I'm trying to create Sims inspired by certain characters or just trying to create a certain visual variety in a family in general (Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder all basically looking identical drives me nuts, but it's less jarring on one end of the scale than the other).
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    a Werewolves GP and a Castle Living/Court Life Expansion I feel are the two things to complete my playstyle.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • peachibrewpeachibrew Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm definitely preaching to the choir here, but I feel like every life stage besides young adult (and maybe toddlers) is underdeveloped, especially babies. If I could have just one thing fixed, I feel like it'd be that. An overhaul of the baby "life state", the addition of a fully-fledged preteen life state, and a few tweaks to the other ones would really be all I'd need to complete the game for me (besides general bug fixes and stuff of course).
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,823 Member
    skateboards :smiley:
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    edited December 2021
    To be honest, what would make it feel complete to me wouldn't be considered an addition... its something that can't be done now that the ship has sailed. That is open world, like in Sims 3.

What is so awful about it and immersion breaking to me, is the fact that instancing is done even on the same neighborhood/area that you're playing in... the game has to load yet again when I visit a lot right next to my Sim's :/
    I wish if I load into one area, it'd be its entirety with all the lots. It wouldn't be so bad then.

It feels like instead of working out on the open world issues that caused problems on TS3 and improving on them, to do it just right for their next Sims, they threw the entire concept away because its less work.

That is why Sims 4 is my build game, and Sims 3 is my gameplay game.

Not sure if I went off-topic, but I really wanted to let that out of my chest lol
    but it is what will make the game feel complete to me
    Post edited by Markoosh on
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2021
    Uaexep wrote: »
    To be honest, what would make it feel complete to me wouldn't be considered an addition... its something that can't be done now that the ship has sailed. That is open world, like in Sims 3.

What is so awful about it and immersion breaking to me, is the fact that instancing is done even on the same neighborhood/area that you're playing in... the game has to load yet again when I visit a lot right next to my Sim's :/
    I wish if I load into one area, it'd be its entirety with all the lots. It wouldn't be so bad then.

It feels like instead of working out on the open world issues that caused problems on TS3 and improving on them, to do it just right for their next Sims, they threw the entire concept away because its less work.

That is why Sims 4 is my build game, and Sims 3 is my gameplay game.

Not sure if I went off-topic, but I really wanted to let that out of my chest lol
    but it is what will make the game feel complete to me

I feel you and also agree with you. as I feel no matter what you do to the Neighborhoods in Sims 4, it basically the same neighborhood as it is all static. I gave up on Sims 4 being more than what it is now and haven't played it in months. One tool I would like to see in Sims 4 is the return of the Sims weight scale from Sims 2 which was a graphical scale where you would know if working out was working for the sim showing weight gain and loss over time.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I wish one thing could make the game feel complete to me now cars freed babies and world editor/creator would make the base game feel complete this obviously excludes all the empty expansion packs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PascaleJarjouraPascaleJarjoura Posts: 37 Member
    Cars!
  • PascaleJarjouraPascaleJarjoura Posts: 37 Member
    The ability to stretch the curtains to any window size
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'm quite happy with the game now and I'd just like them to fix the bugs.
    The only thing I'd want them to add is the interactions between toddlers and children. They need more group actions to play with each other. It's sad that toddlers can't really play with their siblings or friends, at least as much as I would like them to.
    Any content for toddlers in general is more than welcome.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    If I had to choose 1, it would be horses.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Well, I wouldn't say it would make the game complete, but it would do a whole lot to enhance my gameplay and that would be a romance system with partner preferences, attraction/chemistry and different ways to blind date.

Two things I miss immensely and used to use on a regular basis from Sims 2 are "Scan Room" to find a Sim that stands out, and the Matchmaker, who summoned a random Sim for a blind date. When we got City Living I was so excited to see a Romance Guru because I thought they were going to hook Sims up like the Matchmaker did. Turns out, they do absolutely nothing so I usually attack them with my Occult Sims, lol.

Maybe City Living should be refreshed with a dating night life and Romance Guru upgrade...
    #Team Occult
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,823 Member
    I was thinking... cars you can see the cars, they ride around everywhere, and you can manage to have some on you lot. So im at peace with what we got! I read on the subject, and i think it has to do with the other car games EA has to manage to not have to manage that in the sims from what i could get. On the other hand i was thinking, how come there is no trains in the sims legacy ? Im coming from the SimCity legacy and... im thinking... those trains were cool !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Now I think of IT, the Return of the TS2 aspiration meter would make the game feel more complete than horses.
    Can I still have horses anyway, pleased? I assume they are much more likely to be added anyway.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I want Sims 4 to have all of the occult types that were available in Sims 2 before they move on to 5. Werewolves are the biggest one missing for me.
  • DragonzDragonz Posts: 2 New Member
    What I think would be a good addition is possibly some of the old worlds from previous Sims. I think it would be cool to have that :smiley:
  • NaeeNaee Posts: 2 New Member
    Vitiligo skin types for base game
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Right now I am missing a music career (like popstar or rockstar) in my game that takes advantage of the singing skill.
    I have a few Sims I think would be perfect for that career but unfortunately it does not exist - YET. This could come in a City Living or Get Famous refresh and can be 100 % rabbit hole (however, I'd prefer semi-open)! (*wink* @EA_Cade @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruAzure )

If I am allowed to post a second thing I am missing currently it is interactions that are unique to kids (e.g. play tag, play with playground equipment, basically everything kids could do in TS2 and TS3) and interactions unique to teens (e.g. learn to drive, get high school diploma, more after school activities, different homework like get a skill point in logic or charisma, internships before you can apply or interviews before you get a job).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    My top request would be hotels