Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited December 2021
    Apologies for the delay, real life interfered unexpectedly. But here's December's challenge.

izbDfiD.jpg
    Home for Winterfest
    Sims 4 | #BnS156

A knock on your door draws youor attention away from the window, where you are watching the first snow of the season and hoping no one is stuck out there in the cold, without any shelter. “COme in,” you call, turning.
    The older couple who enters holding hands looks tired, worried and hopeful all at once. The man speaks up first. “Hello, I’m Thor DeWinter, and this is my wife, Neva. We’re not used to asking for help, but in this case, I’m afraid we have to,” he says.
    “Of course. How can I help?”
    He glances at Neva, who squeezes his hand and nods encouragingly.
    “We just got custody of our six grandchildren when their parents died unexpectedly.”
    “We love having them all over to visit,” Neva interjects. “Please don’t get us wrong, we’re happy to do what we can to raise them.”
    “It’s just that our two-bedroom condo wasn’t meant for a family of eight. There are no other children in our building, and little to keep them occupied once watching TV and reading becomes boring,” Thor continues.
    “I understand. What do you need?”
    “A larger house. One with room for everyone. We couldn’t eat Harvestfest together in the apartment. If we stay until Winterfest, the tree will be in the dining room and the presents in the living room,” Thor replies. “We’d like at least three bedrooms, as many as five if possible, so the two oldest, Mazin and Gale, can have their own space. A dining room large enough to seat eight would be ideal. We’ll need at least three bathrooms to cut down on wait times.”
    “We don’t ask for much, just to get out of the apartment so our neighbors will stop complaining about the noise,” Neva adds. “Oh, I’d love a little garden. I gave up gardening as a career, but I like to keep my hand in.”
    “I think we can handle that,” you say, feeling for this obviously loving if struggling family and wanting to help any way you can.

The brief:
    Budget: $200,000
    The house needs three to five bedrooms
    At least three bathrooms
    A dining room large enough to seat eight..
    A living room and kitchen.
    A small garden for Neva.
    Landscaping.
    Optional, if you have Seasons: Include at least one screenshot of the house decorated for Winterfest in winter.

Room challenge: Design the DeWinters’ new dining room. Holiday decorations optional. Budget: 12,000

Sim Challenge: No Sim Challenge this time. Download the DeWinter family here. You can edit their outfits if you like.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns156 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Friday, Decemeber 31st, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #154 - Fall Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    edited December 2021
    Congratulations @AlJay :)@BuildnShare, when will the results of the previous challenges be done?
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @abelhinha35 :)
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #154 - Fall Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #155 - Down on the Farm

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #155 - Down on the Farm

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Hi everyone!

I love to build in TS4 and have been building for a long time. I'm excited to enter this challenge B)! However, I have a question: Is there a lot size requirement for the Winterfest challenge. Thanks a lot. Coolsim
    4kkjdXo.png

@BuildnShare thank you for your dedication to these challenges. :) Has the results for BNS153 expert been posted, cause I can't find it :)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Hi everyone!

I love to build in TS4 and have been building for a long time. I'm excited to enter this challenge B)! However, I have a question: Is there a lot size requirement for the Winterfest challenge. Thanks a lot. Coolsim

No. Whenever there's a lot size requirement, it's included in the brief. Great t see you here, can't wait to see what you come up with!
    image.png
    @BuildnShare thank you for your dedication to these challenges. :) Has the results for BNS153 expert been posted, cause I can't find it :)

Not yet, sorry.
    image.png
    @SimTresa thanks for the reply :)
    Thanks so much @SimTresa B)! I'm happy to be here! Wow, I know so many people here B)B)! It will be awesome to see what you build, too B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Update:I found the post for you, guess we both missed it. Go back to Oct. 14.

image.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @BuildnShare the brief says to build a house.

Do we actually specifically need to build a house?
    @BuildnShare the brief says to build a house.

Do we actually specifically need to build a house?

Preferably, yes. What did you have in mind?
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Hi @BuildnShare :)! I was thinking about doing the room challenge this time, as well as the lot challenge. Should I make a different dining room for the room challenge or keep the one I made for the house. I still have to playtest/check things over in the house.
    4kkjdXo.png

Hi @BuildnShare :)! I was thinking about doing the room challenge this time, as well as the lot challenge. Should I make a different dining room for the room challenge or keep the one I made for the house. I still have to playtest/check things over in the house.

Use the same dining room for both. :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you very much @BuildnShare B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @BuildnShare a converted motel
    @BuildnShare a converted motel

Oh, that sounds very interesting and cretive. Go for it!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    My dining room is in the gallery B)! Entry to follow at some point tonight :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited December 2021
    ROOM OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #156 - Home for Winterfest
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: This is my first time entering this challenge, but I've been building for a long time :)!
    ROOM: (Link to where the room can be found with on The Gallery)
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4EF4900E606411EC86B12F6BDDF4AE3F?category=rooms&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: §11,968
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/zETvaRB
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Backstory: Comfy and cozy in their new home, the DeWinters’ chic new dining room has a burst of holiday cheer that each of the DeWinters can feel from head to toe --- from the two toddlers to their grandparents. Sitting down to Christmas dinner will be quite a treat with plenty of space for all eight of them to eat.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: art by @rosemow
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    izKRZCG.png
    cFY5DCk.png
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

SimTresa wrote: »

Thanks for the update @SimTresa but I got the BNS number wrong. Sorry about that :) I don't see results for BNS154 Expert.
    SimTresa wrote: »

Thanks for the update @SimTresa but I got the BNS number wrong. Sorry about that :) I don't see results for BNS154 Expert.

No problem.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top