Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wrestling pack coming soon?

13...Next

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Wrestling is an activity favoring male Sims so I seriously doubt it would be that.

Unless it's mud/jello wrestling, of course...

Watched primarily by males, but performed primarily by females.

There is also oil wrestling....which is performed by men. ;)

Also, pretty sure there are female wrestlers too. It's a male-dominated sport for sure but there are women too. And not in the jello/mud bikini kind of way.

I am pretty sure I saw females wrestling while drenched in baby oil. It look looked more like a catfight than wrestling, but I think it was due to the oil making everything slippery. 😂

By "oil wrestling" I was referring to the Turkish kind which has its own rules and traditionally I believe performed by men (I believe).

But on the subject of the thread, I think wrestling could be a fun rabbit hole career. I think its too niche to have as a full fledged out interactive career but could be a fun update career. Would give more context to the random wrestler-garbed sims that roam around in San Myshuno.

Considering how Sims feel about getting dirty every match would end in a draw with both fighters making a bee line for the showers
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »
    If it is supposed to meen anything it mighr as well be cars, since he apparently played in fast & furious 9, or something action adventure pack but it might as well be that he likes Dr.Gluon

I'm starting to suspect it's just a marketing thing for John Cena, he started following JackFrags too, he is part of the EA Creator Network but he doesn't make sims videos, he makes videos of first person shooters like Battlefield.

I personally don't believe that TS4 would ever have a wrestling pack. But you mentioning he is also following this JackFrags from the EA creator network, even though he is not a simmer, makes me think that this has nothing to do with the sims at all. Maybe EA is making a game featuring John Cena (like Keanu Reeves had a character in Cyberpunk) and John Cena being publically acknowledged is a part of pre-marketing its announcement. Maybe there are other EA games as well, and corporate heads asked for this to be a thing.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I have zero interest in wrestling-related things of any kind, but at least I do know who John Cena is. :lol:

Not even singlets?
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Wrestling is an activity favoring male Sims so I seriously doubt it would be that.

What??

It's a dig at EA/The Sims for catering heavily to female frame Sims, with very little quality and diverse content for male frame Sims. Even the new Modern Menswear kit was a massive miss of the target.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

What??

It's a dig at EA/The Sims for catering heavily to female frame Sims, with very little quality and diverse content for male frame Sims. Even the new Modern Menswear kit was a massive miss of the target.

What does wrestling or any gameplay interaction have to do with female framed sims? There is no limit or distinction between sims when it comes to gameplay objects/activities or animations
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member

What??

What does wrestling or any gameplay interaction have to do with female framed sims? There is no limit or distinction between sims when it comes to gameplay objects/activities or animations

Because wrestling is a masculine/men favored sport and the implied dig is that because it's not feminine favored (appeals to women) it won't be added in.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I have zero interest in wrestling-related things of any kind, but at least I do know who John Cena is. :lol:

Not even singlets?

Hahaha, ok. You got me there. I do have a couple of CC singlets in my game, so yeah. Singlets would be fine. ;)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Get Wrestling
    Get Knocked Out
    Get in the Ring
    Get a Concussion

These titles can actually give an intersting pack if thought well: Martial Arts and fighting sports (Karaté, Kung Fu, Boxing, Wrestling). The main feature could be competitions: Active competitions for these sports and maybe for the Snowy Escape sports, and rabbit hole competitions for every other skills (like imagine having a flower arrangement competition, a speech competition involving the charisma skill or a cooking competition, that last one would be awsome if active to be honest). That would be really interesting in my opinion.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think it would be more likely a superhero pack? If John cena is any kind if hint to something.
    He's currently in the new superhero TV show! Haven't seen it cause I don't watch TV except for something in particular on rare occasions. But I heard about it online. Peacemaker.

I love his wrestling intro though. 👏👏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2021
    I agree with you, @Babykittyjade, that a wrestling pack would be cool! I would love to see ladder matches, tag team battle Royal matches, reverse battle Royal matches, and the steel cafe matches. That would be cool.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I was thinking of real wrestling, the sport of two people grappling on a mat, not the theatrical "wrestling" of people screaming threats and pretending to break chairs over each other's heads but no one even gets bruised from things that, done for real, would stand a good chance of killing.

So my enthusiasm would be for a real competitive sports pack, where Sim-on-Sim athletic action results in a winner and a loser for each match, and would hope it would be wrestling (the real kind), martial arts (how it was done in Sims 3 was good), fencing, maybe even add in the pool table like in Sims 3 and let Sims "hustle" others for money, and do trick shots, as well as just play a friendly game with others or solo.

As to how and why anyone would like wrestling or other sports: the same reason some people like makeup and clothing so much even though to me, those are boring. Because there's no one, homogeneous Simming community that only like the same things.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    They should do arm wrestling. I think it would be more fun than body wrestling.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I was thinking of real wrestling, the sport of two people grappling on a mat, not the theatrical "wrestling" of people screaming threats and pretending to break chairs over each other's heads but no one even gets bruised from things that, done for real, would stand a good chance of killing.

So my enthusiasm would be for a real competitive sports pack, where Sim-on-Sim athletic action results in a winner and a loser for each match, and would hope it would be wrestling (the real kind), martial arts (how it was done in Sims 3 was good), fencing, maybe even add in the pool table like in Sims 3 and let Sims "hustle" others for money, and do trick shots, as well as just play a friendly game with others or solo.

As to how and why anyone would like wrestling or other sports: the same reason some people like makeup and clothing so much even though to me, those are boring. Because there's no one, homogeneous Simming community that only like the same things.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Greco-Roman style wrestling, although I imagine it would be a fairly challenging task to get the animations to look right. Then again, we probably don't really need things to be extremely realistic in a game that's not so realistic in many of its other aspects. :lol: I agree, though, that a more generalized sports pack would have more potential for interest than one based on a single sport.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    It might be just me, but why would anyone want a wrestling pack? :open_mouth:

Because of Wilson Luchador :(
  • The_Black_KnightThe_Black_Knight Posts: 9 New Member
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > Wrestling is an activity favoring male Sims so I seriously doubt it would be that.

Excuse me but are we going to pretend that female wrestlers aren't real? How exactly does Wrestling favor men?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Not my thing. Would prefer a bigger sports or hobbies pack.

I would rather have slow dancing and cuddling first.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    John Cena is following hundreds of thousands of people, so I think it was just a coincidence. It would be hilarious if we got a wrestling game pack though. We have the ice and roller derby rinks, so we can have a similar wrestling ring and the Sims can wrestle each other in it.
  • EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    As long as it means we'll get a ton of masculine hair for cas, I'm here for it
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I like the concept of a wrestling pack, but without the wrestling.

If they could bring the soap-like storytelling side of wrestling (people holding grudges, forming alliances, reversals of fortune and surprise twists) that would be a tremendous boon to The Sims.
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    I like the concept of a wrestling pack, but without the wrestling.

If they could bring the soap-like storytelling side of wrestling (people holding grudges, forming alliances, reversals of fortune and surprise twists) that would be a tremendous boon to The Sims.

then it wouldn't be a wrestling pack...smh :s