Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited December 2021
    December 5: Henford-on-Bagley: Vow Renewal - Anniversary Party - Part 2

party-time.png
    Once the vow renewal ceremony was over, it was time for the anniversary party. But before the party could even begin...a fire breaks out in the music room. Save the piano! Save the piano! Luckily, Sakura, Rennard (Ren) and Kenji (Ken) were quick with the fire extinguishers, and other than the carpet being burned, no other damage occurred. Luckily, they had a replacement carpet, and after they cleaned the floor, everything looked good as new again. [Note: I had Sakura make a copy of the portraits of her and Wolfgang and put them in her inventory, just in case.]

and-of-course-every-good-party-has-to-have-a-fire.png

If this is any indication of what kind of party this will be...well, it's gonna be a hot time tonight!

guests-wearing-what-they-want.png

More party guests arrive, and they seem to be dressed in a variety of outfits. Essa is dressed in a track suit, maybe she jogged over from her house because they live next door. Gunther is dressed in an outfit that is not even part of his wardrobe. [Note: Throughout the party, the guests changed into other outfits. I didn't control them, so they were doing what sims always do...create chaos at a wedding/party.]

blaze-emmett-bryan-and-wolf.png

Wolfgang chats with Blaze Snowden, Bryon and Emmett. [Note: Alright, at least Blaze and Emmett are dressed in the party clothes I gave them!]

josh-and-wolfgang.png

Wolfgang and Emmett head inside, and Wolfgang stops to chat with Josh.

kenji-fills-the-fountain.png

Kenji helps with the buffet set-up and fills the fountain with juice. Umm...didn't they hire a caterer?

Oh right, they did. However, the caterer seems to be more intent on dancing than making food. [Note: I am surprised the caterer isn't Jules, as she showed up once as a caterer and chatted, ate and danced the night away. I do believe she made one dish, though, and she did clean up.]

the-catere-is-dancing.png

Thank goodness Sakura can cook, and takes over the cooking duties in the kitchen. Wolfgang sneaks a cupcake.

i-saw-that-wolfgang.png

Sakura: "I saw that...."

Wolfgang: "Um...just a little snack to tide me over until the buffet...it's just one of those one-bite cupcakes, right?"

kenji-meets-luna.png

Kenji (Ken) introduces himself to Luna. She was using the punching bag before he came over to talk to her. Luna...why? You are wearing a dress...not something to wear when you're sweating up a storm doing a workout. [Note: Luna is not wearing the dress I assigned her.]

chatting-with-elsa-and-roxanne.png

Rennard (Ren) heads over to the dance floor to chat with his aunt, Elsa, and Roxanne. [Note: Neither Elsa nor Roxanne are in the outfit I gave them. I give up! lol

The mixologist who they hired, never showed up, but Wolfgang heads to the bar and starts making drinks for everyone. Does he even know how to make some drinks? He seems to be concocting an assortment.

wolf-making-drinks.png

wolfgang-likes-mixology.png

Well, apparently Wolfgang likes mixology, so maybe his drinks will turn out alright.

river-one-of-the-first-to-take-a-drink.png

And the first one at the bar...you guessed it...River. If there is free juice, he is there.
    river-sentiment-for-wolf.png

And River gets a sentiment for Wolfgang. Ahhh...the bromance continues.

kenji-and-lucas-talking.png

Kenji chatting with his uncle, Lucas.

wolfgang-making-some-drinks.png

Rennard (Ren) and Kenji (Ken) are sampling some of the drinks, too. Um...oh gosh...Kenji is drinking some type of layered drink. It looks pretty...but...

what-happened-to-kenj.png

...oh no...what has happened to Kenji? Is this from the drink or did he get into some paints in the art studio?
    wolf-made-a-dyed-cocktail.png

[Note: Wolfgang made this drink autonomously.]

did-roxanne-pass-out-on-the-dance-floor.png

Oh gosh! Did Roxanne already pass out on the dance floor? Whoa Wolfgang...how strong are those drinks that you're making?

Not all the guests have arrived...we are still waiting for Malcolm, Melody and Jules, and some other members of the Plumbobs group. Also, Maiike Haas (Gunther's wife), never showed up, but maybe they couldn't get a sitter for their daughter, Tanvi, so she had to stay home.

melpody-running-to-the-party.png

Oh wait! There is Melody now running to the party.

melody-chatting-with-sakuras-kids.png

Melody enters the house and takes a moment to chat with Hana, Kyra and Riki. That was so nice of Melody. [Note: This was an autonomous action].

essa-and-riki.png

And it looks like Essa has changed into her party outfit, and Riki is beside her.

bryan-and-gunther.png

roxanne-essa-and-josh.png

Relaxing after the ceremony.

And Bryon and Gunther have also changed into their party clothes.

luna-dancing-melody-at-gate.png

And it looks like Elsa and Lucas are having a slow dance together, while Luna dances to the beat.

the-buffet-line-is-open.png

And someone announces that the buffet is open. Sheesh! You don't need to tell these sims twice that the food is ready. Look at the line-up! And there is Malcolm. He must have just arrived too and heard that the food was being served and rushed right over there.

river-and-blaze-hit-it-off.png

River and Blaze sit together and seem to be admiring the roof of the porch.

River: "The roof is like floating...all in purple...it's so surreal...yeah....like we're in the clouds...do you see it Blaze? "

Blaze looking up squinting his eyes:: "Um...I see a roof, River...how much juice have you had already?"

sitting-together.png

Josh and Essa sit down with River and Blaze. Perhaps River is sharing his "roof vision" with them.

malcolm-melody-essa-and-josh.png

On the deck, Malcolm chats with Melody. Josh, Essa, and Emmett chat, and at the back, Elsa, Sakura, Sofia (who is in another outfit), and Hana chat.

malcolm-and-emmett.png

Malcolm and Emmett chat, as do Essa and Josh. And Rennard (Ren) is such a good son, cleaning up the dirty plates.

and-the-late-comer-jules.png

And here comes Jules, making her "fashionably late" entrance.

jules-and-sakura.png

Jules comes into the house and immediately goes to chat with Sakura and gives her a congratulatory hug. [Autonomous hug on Jules' part.]

chatting-on-the-porch.png

And I guess Jules went to change, and here she is having a sweet moment with Emmett. Essa chats with Malcolm. Josh is seated and chatting with Rennard (Ren), Sakura, and Sofia. Josh might have told a joke because it looks like Ren is laughing.

emmet-and-jules.png

luna-hams-it-up-on-the-dance-floor.png

Luna hams it up on the dance floor showing off some dance moves.

jenny-arrived.png

Jenny arrives as well. In the background, Wolfgang and Blaze are having some type of dance-off contest.

luna-thought-the-kiss-was-great.png

Wolfgang and Sakura having a kiss together. Ahh....so sweet. But Blaze...seriously...you are staring! lol It looks like he's studying that kiss really well. And Luna, in the background, totally agrees that Sakura and Wolfgang look great when they kiss.

luna-seemed-very-excited-about-that-kiss.png

Luna is so happy for Sakura and Wolfgang.

melody-now-dancing.png

And there is Astrid on the dance floor, the last to arrive at the party.

wo-d-times.png

Looks like everyone is having a great time.

group-dance-with-sakura.png

Sakura does a group dance with some of the guests.

the-last-at-the-party4.png

Wolfgang tries to do a group dance, too, but only Blaze joins in. Oh wait! There is also a party bunny on the dance floor!. lol

only-wolfgasng-and-blaze-do-the-group-dance.png

Out front, Kenji is making his own music.

out-front-ken-is-playing-the-violin.png

And suddenly, it's like the clock struck midnight, and everyone makes a beeline for the exit. Wait! Where is everyone going? Must be past their bedtimes. I mean most of them are elders now, right?

heading-back-home-malcolm-is-driving-oh-gosh.png

Malcolm, Josh and River (with the "I have to go to the bathroom walk"), head home.

heading-home-good-nite.png

Followed by Luna, Astrid, Elsa and Sofia.

well-at-least-melody-is-sensible-and-walkign-home.png

And lastly, Jenny and Melody head home.

i-had-a-great-time-wolfgang.png

And suddenly, the only ones left outside are Sakura and Wolfgang. Their children must all have gone inside.

Sakura looked up at Wolfgang. Her eyes were shining, "I had a wonderful time, Wolfgang. It was so great to see everyone again."

its-you-forever-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "Yes, I agree. It was like old times, but even better this time..." he said as he pulled her close and gave her a kiss. They held hands and walked towards the house together, "Tomorrow, the chickens and the llama will be delivered."

Sakura: "I am a bit nervous, but excited, too. I mean neither one of us has ever raised chickens or llamas."

i-was-wondering-if-you-wanted-to-check-out-the-barn.png

Wolfgang: "That's true, but there are a lot of villagers who can help us if we need it. Speaking of which, I cleaned out the animal shed, and was wondering if you wanted to inspect it..."

its-pretty-dark-in-there-thats-the-idea.png

Sakura: "Now? It can't wait until morning? It's kind of dark in there."

Wolfgang gave Sakura a longing look, "No, I don't think this can wait until morning..."

wolf-utterly-enamored.png

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang!" she said and gave him a shy smile. And then, before Wolfgang knew what was happening, Sakura grabbed him and kissed him rather passionately on the lips. As they parted, he looked at her rather surprised.

oh-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "Wow! That was a surprise! Where did that come from?"

xomwe-on-lets-go.png

Sakura: "You mean I can still surprise you after all these years?" she asked smiling.

Wolfgang: "Yes, you can...and maybe I have a few surprises of my own..." he replied huskily, pulling her quickly into the animal shed.

whoa-hay-is-flying.png

woot-wolfgang-and-sakura.png

better-thasn-the-first-honeymoon-night.png

i-think-it-looks-pretty-clean-in-there-dont-you-think.png

Wolfgang: "Now that's what I call a honeymoon night!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

In the previous chapter, I "rigged" the wedding vow renewal ceremony and only did it with sims I could control, basically the household members. I just took screenshots and didn't save. When they actually did their "real" vow renewal ceremony, it was chaos, no-one watched, and the guests were all doing something else. Here is a screenshot of the "real" ceremony.

the-vows.png

Their honeymoon night this time around was much better. The first time, they had 2 fires, the Park Ranger came into their cabin and took a bath and wouldn't leave until Sakura gave him an autograph. When Sakura got on her sexy outfit in the bathroom, and came out for the "honeymoon night", Wolfgang had fallen asleep on the bed. So, yeah, only 1 fire this time, and they actually did woohoo.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2021
    December - Day 10: "Some gifts are big, others are small. But the ones that come from the heart, are the best gifts of all!"

SGjYGXN.png

Notes
    y3MfOZp.png
    Josh and Essa went back to the Brambles and this time had a visit with their friend, Michael Bell, the Creature Keeper. They sat down on a bench in his garden and had a Henford Heart to Heart and then each gave the lovely man Finchwick favors. After awhile Michael had some errands to run so they bid him good day and transportalated over to Sophie's circle and hid a couple perfect roses there for others to find.

PLkQzCi.png
    As the sun began to set and the stars appear, they transportalated back to the Isle of Volpe to watch the beauty of the night unfold.

RlvLQPI.png
    An old gazebo in the ruins provided the perfect spot to snuggle together and share a few kisses.

Pk9TkXS.png
    "It looks like it'll be a clear night, would you like to watch the stars with me Beautiful?"
    "Always Babe, always."

i6uXQo6.png
    "Oh look Josh, there's a halo around the moon, isn't it beautiful?"
    "Yes, but I think the moon glow on your face is even more so, Beautiful."
    Essa smiled and touched his cheek, "You have the same glow Babe and your eyes are shining too."
    "That's just my love for you showing, Beautiful." Josh said with a smile in return and leaned over to give her a soft kiss on the cheek.

c2xe8OX.png
    The park was all but abandoned except for a few other stragglers who soon left as the Heavens gifted them with a stunning display of the Northern Lights.

W7acjRx.png
    "I'm so happy we moved here."
    "So am I, one of the best decisions we ever made."

azAZcMw.png
    "Ever since we got married here, I'd hoped we'd come back one day. I never dreamed we'd actually live here, and have a farm."
    "Perfect place to finally settle and retire, that's for sure."

The couple watched the dancing lights and twinkling stars until they both faded with the sunrise and finally went back home to tend to their garden and the animals.

WL0Duvb.png
    When Essa gathered the eggs she was extremely surprised to find a hatchable golden egg in the coop.
    (How'd that get in there?)

Perhaps because Essa had maxed out her friendship with Sophia, the hen's happiness had caused a miracle. Essa thought about putting it back to see if it would hatch, but decided to wait. Perhaps the special beauty could win them a ribbon at the Finchwick fair!

u1rZrE2.png
    While in the Brambles Josh had befriended another flock of birds who gifted him with a special Fruity treat recipe along with a sample of it. Curious what would happen if he fed it to Teddy, he was a bit shocked when the llama turned blue! He wasn't sure how long the effects would last so quickly sheared Teddy for the special blue wool. It was the right decision because as he sheared, the llama began turning back to his normal white color.

aHtcQPI.png
    With all their chores done for the morning, Essa went inside to watch the weather forecast and Josh decided to make some more pies. Tomorrow was the Finchwick fair and he wanted to submit his best pie ever in hopes of winning a first place ribbon. Essa would enter their biggest pumpkin or watermelon as well with the same hope in her heart.

Later I learned it doesn't matter what level of cooking/gourmet cooking or baking used to make the pies, it's the quality of the ingredients that matter. Josh made Apple, Meat, Pumpkin, Lemon Meringue pies and a cheesecake (not sure if that even counts as a pie), but they were all made with 'normal' quality ingredients. I plan to see what kind of perfect quality fruit they have on hand when I play for December 11th's update and have him make one of those kind of pies. I think they might have a perfect quality blueberry or raspberry in their inventory. We'll see...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited December 2021
    December - Day 11: "I'm just here for the pie!"

LXsaEHE.png

Notes
    tbyNRzj.png
    When I was able to get in game again, I looked in their inventory to see if they had any perfect fruit and found some strawberries! Josh baked a fruit pie using one, but then I got a better idea! Why not make an Exotic fruit pie? They had a perfect Dragonfruit plant in household inventory. It's a Fall plant so it had to be put inside. Hopefully, it would be harvestable in the morning. If not, he'll take the Fruit pie instead.

Ye841QR.png
    Essa was outside tending to Teddy. She gave him a cleaning, a pet and a hug then gave him a Veggie Treat. This time he turned green! Gathering her courage, Essa tried to shear him with Buster watching. Teddy stood still and even smiled while she did the job. Yay! I guess they're friends now. Good!

05sq7Th.png
    Josh was taking care of Bluebell, giving her the attention she needed before milking her. What a beautiful sunrise!

Xd44yvu.png
    Essa decided to try to get the golden egg to hatch afterall. She put it in the coop and hoped that Sophia would incubate it for them. Would they get a golden chicken from it? Only time will tell!

Slqn52G.png
    Finally the time had arrived for the daily harvest and thankfully, the Dragonfruit plant had produced two fruits! I think Josh agrees with me that his pie is sure to win first prize! How could it not? It's made with a perfect Dragonfruit and baked fresh that morning. Good luck Josh, though I don't think you'll need it.
    (Thanks Watcher, you flatter me.)
    Always Joshie, always!

8BEeORA.png
    The couple arrived for the fair a little early intending to spend some time just walking around or perhaps have a couple drinks again at the pub. However, when they transportalated in front of the Gnome's Arms Melody and Malcom were standing there having just arrived in town themselves.

"Melody! Oh, so good to see you. What's it been, a week, two?"
    "At least that, you two need to come over, Mallory and Marley have been asking for you."
    "Aww, they have? I love those little girls."
    "They love you, and Josh too!"

"Hey Dude, how's it going?"

70Ohe5H.png
    "Great! Shake?" Josh asked holding out his hand.

NXUtLd5.png
    For the first time ever, Josh had beat Malcom at his own game, pranking him with a buzzer how the blond usually does to him!

"AHHHHHHHH!"

ByBKmY0.png
    "HAHAHAHA! Oh My God! That was so fun! You should've seen your face. Gotcha Dude!"
    "Yeah, you got me old man. Good job, I knew I should've brought my buzzer today."

Meanwhile Melody and Essa were having a great time catching up, telling each other jokes and stories of their life on the farm.

IiOc2lB.png
    "He looked so confident in himself, strutting by Ollie. It was really cute!"

kgAdtcY.png
    "What did Ollie do?"
    "He just looked at Cogburn with wide eyes and froze, letting the rooster by him."

vAxASNI.png
    "Dude you gotta come over for that fight! I've been waiting and waiting! I think Marshall is anxious to see me kick your butt too, he keeps asking me, "When's Josh coming over? Are you really going to fight him Dad? Can I fight him too?"
    "Oh man, he takes after you!"
    "Yup, chip off the old block!" Malcom said, puffing out his chest in pride.

IZAoDLH.png
    "Hey be right back, gotta take a squirt."

Malcom flew away as a bat, but soon returned, landing right in front of Josh again.

DWZG6Nb.png
    (Psst, Hey Watcher, pay attention. I think you'll like this.)

Oh no! Malcom what are you going to do?

v8QYyY4.png
    Suddenly, Malcom lunged at Josh with a menacing growl as if he was going to bite him!
    "RAAAAAWWWRRRR! I'M HUNGRY!"

r0QZvXY.png
    Josh was more surprised than scared, but I guess anyone would be seeing that kind of face lunging at them! Sheesh Malcom! hehe

4x568jW.png
    "Hehehe Gotcha! Were you scared? You looked scared."
    "You startled me! Man, I'm an old man Malcom, you could've given me a heart attack!"
    "Nahh, you're tough and still fit. You can take it! You can take anything, right? Like..."

2lyUSqZ.png
    "BOO!"
    "Dangit Malcom!"
    "You jumped! Admit it! I scared you again!"

jbpK1NC.png
    "Hehehe Okay Dude, maybe a little. You're such a stinker Malcom. But I love it!"
    "I know you do, why do you think I do it?"

cDqV4L3.png
    "It's one reason why I like you so much too, you like all my crazy, fun stuff and never get mad, well not TOO mad about it."
    "Never change Malcom, never change!"
    "Don't worry, I won't!"
    "I think the Fair is about to start. We should go Josh."
    "Aww, okay. Well maybe we'll see you guys later, have a drink to celebrate if you win?"
    "Sounds good to me!"

5Z1o7dx.png
    "Hmm, I think our watermelon has a good shot this time. What do you think?"
    "Yeah, it's one of the biggest we've ever grown. I don't see anybody else entering though."
    "Well, it's early, maybe they just haven't arrived yet."

gVXhX5N.png
    "I hope we do get some competition though. What fun is it to win without any?"
    "Aww, Babe, even with competition, nobody else has a prayer against your pie. It's the best! You always bake the best of everything."

OWU6EHn.png
    "You are so sweet Beautiful, thanks for saying that."
    "It's the truth!"
    "Hey I see Lavinia over there checking out the watermelon, let's go stay Hi."

lMiI2j1.png
    "Hey Lavinia, how are you?"
    "I'm good my dear. Very nice watermelon! I've judged many watermelons over the years, but that one looks to be one of the biggest I've ever seen!"
    "Thank you!"
    "Good luck in the competition."

J9EwMfP.png
    "Hello Josh, it's so nice to see you. Are you here to support Essa or did you enter something as well?"
    "We're here to support each other! But yes, I did enter a pie, an exotic fruit pie. Hope you like it!"
    "Oh my, that's sounds delicious! Good luck to you as well my dear."
    "Thank you."
    "I should go mingle now and I need to check out all the other entries."
    "There's more?"
    "A few, they came in while we were chatting. Bye for now."
    "Bye Lavinia" Josh and Essa said in unison.

Ijbhc5U.png
    As Lavinia shared, there were a few more entries in the competition now. In the pie competition, someone had entered a normal chocolate pie and also a normal faux meat Shepherd's pie. In the Oversized Crops area, someone had entered a medium normal lettuce head and also a small normal mushroom. It looked like they were both sure to win at least a third place ribbon if not better. However, I'm guessing they'll both win First place, how could they not? Both of their entries are excellent and perfect!

0MZhVnI.png
    Josh and Essa spent some time checking out the competition's entries, chatting with a few of their neighbors and doing a little cloudgazing as they waited for the results to be announced. They also shared some kisses, obviously.

yDUf8XS.png
    "It's almost time, how are you feeling about you chances?"
    "I feel good, just glad we have some competition. Any is better than none."
    "True, okay, here comes Lavinia, let's see what she has to say."

oTQeEOI.png
    The watermelon Essa had entered for them won First Place! Yay!\o/ As a result, she has also completed the aspiration! Wow, that was fast eh? Congratulations Essa! I made the watermelon decorative and put it in Josh's Office/Collection room along with the ribbon above it on the wall. As for Josh...

5K9arLc.png
    He didn't even place at all! What!? No way Jose as Molly would say, that's just not possible! I was wondering if the patch that was supposed to take care of this problem would work retroactively, and it appears that it doesn't. Why? Well, there were three pies and there are ribbons for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. It would've gotten at least third place, so it is a glitch indeed. Therefore, I went in Debug and grabbed a First Place ribbon for him like he should've received and I also used UI Cheats to complete the aspiration for him as well. It's only right in my opinion, and since he's not the challenge Sim, it doesn't matter if I cheated for him.

His pie and ribbon are on the sideboard in the dining room. Congratulations to you too Josh! You earned it! I'm not sure what aspiration each of them will do now. We'll see...
  • lanternlantern Posts: 7 New Member
    Woah looks like so much fun! It is that I literally forget everything, otherwise I would definitly try this challenge!
    *Updated my December 10th post above! The winds are extremely high and gusty right now with a high wind warning for our area, so keep crossing your fingers we don't lose power, again. It's already went out once, but thankfully came right back on! I'll start on comments now and hope I can complete them! Anyway, hope y'all are having a great day/night! <3
    @Ellupelluellu
    Thank you so much for your comments too! :)

Faceless Dude from Batuu...okaaaay! hehe No worries, I'll try not to show Sam doing that again as well. I always thought it a bit strange for Josh to do it too, so out of character for him. But he seemed to enjoy it so I kept having it do it now and then. :)

Aww, well glad he's decided to make his appearance known more with Melody. It's always a HUGE pleasure seeing the gorgeous hunk of perfect pixels! <3

You did good, for both of them! I gave Nancy a makeover too in one of my custom template saves that still have most of the premades. She doesn't look as good as your Nancy though, and yep, gave Geoffrey a tiny make-over too. He really didn't need much except a better wardrobe and I got rid of the spare tire. hehe

Ugh, I don't like Johnny either unlike a lot of Simmers it seems. I don't get it, he's not very attractive in my opinion and not very nice really either. At least in my game. He's gone from both of my custom templates. Yeah, she can't woo and kiss Malcom, he's just a kid, but she can Johnny. ;)

hehe I laughed too seeing him there when I panned out to take a screenshot. He was just chillin' there, watching them. When they started to kiss though, he jumped up and began barking his fool head off. Sheesh! Calm down Buster. hehe He's a sweet dog though really, just looking out for his master. :)

Nope, not the best background for a lightsaber fight, but oh well. At least Josh won! \o/ Yay! It's fun to watch and a good way to kill time too. Not sure if they'll ever get back to Batuu, I know Josh would love it if they did. We'll see how much time is left in the month after the aspiration is finished and my other plans are done. :)

When Josh was singing to the birds and then showing them affection and they started to fly around him like that, I kept hearing that Disney song, 'Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay' in my head. Especially the part about 'Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder...' :) Those are my first oversized crops ever grown in my game with this pack! I was so surprised when they were suddenly ready like that. I thought they'd mature at the same time, around 5 a.m. as the regular crops. Loved that rainbow too! I only wish it wasn't so hazy when it appeared. Ah well, it was still gorgeous!

Interesting how Cordelia had a sudden feeling something was wrong. She must have some special kind of insightful power. Maybe an after effect from carrying Essa? Since she's half Spellcaster. *shrugs* And there's sweet little toddler Essa watching them play. :)

Whoa! That was very mysterious and scary! Why did Greg remember Malcom for a fleeting moment? And why did he get so dizzy because of it? AND why does Veera look so sinister in that one screenshot. She is up to her eyeballs in whatever is going on, I can just feel it by that look, and the annoyed look in the next one. o.O

Oh no! Melody, don't burn those paintings! Gah! So glad Veera took the one of Malcom at least. Again though, her mysterious comment...this just keeps getting better and better! <3

*GASP* Oh Wow, look at Greg in his 'dream' vampire dark mode. Talk about a deliciously dark Sim! That last screenshot with the red eyes and him saying "WHAT?!" He's just figured something out or a thought was put in his head by 'somebody.' Can't wait to find out what happens next! *bounces excitedly in her chair*

*Note - Don't tell me anything! I was just thinking out loud. I love surprises! <3

@SoulGal7
    Oh dang, of course there's a fire. Glad they got it out before the house burned down! o.O So weird how Sims always do that, change their clothes constantly at parties and other events. Why do we have a party category if Sims can't wear JUST that outfit? So funny that Wolfgang also made that dyed drink. :D Don't worry Kenji, it won't last. Looks like everyone had a fantastic time. Love the group dances too. <3 Cute little 'party' bunny. :D Oh and yes, of course, Sakura and Wolfgang ended the evening 'inspecting' the shed. ;) Great update, love seeing everyone having so much fun, and also Sakura and Wolfgang still so much in love. :)
    edited December 2021
    @Karababy52 -
    Again, such beautiful scenery and those northern lights shining is truly beautiful. And back home, Essa gets a golden egg...how lucky for her. Oh, and the birds friended Josh with a gift and he gave it to the llama who turned blue. Regarding the Finchwick Fair and the pies and oversized vegetables, in another save with another couple, I did the same, entered an oversized pumpkin, and a wonderful apple pie. I was sadly disappointed that the pie and oversized vegetables are in the same category, so in other words, not a separate contest for the pie. But heck, if you can enter both areas, why not, right? Looking forward to seeing how Essa does at the Fair.

@Ellupelluellu -
    So, Malcolm is just a child, and now she thinks she wants to kiss Johnny Landgraab. Cordelia and her father and mother obviously know something is going on, but won't tell her. Especially her mother, who saves her from destroying the painting of Malcolm. It is all very intriguing, and I am certain that the paintings have something to do with Melody "escaping" this alternate world. And Greg even felt weird in that room, and his eerie eyes at the end saying he is going to find out what is going on...gave me chills....

@permanentrose -
    The Storm-Fun that Jules is doing errands for sims in town. Oh my gosh...that bunny and fox fight! Love that shot afterwards of the bunny with its paws up...like...come on...put 'em up...put 'em up. lol Oh cool that Jules had 3 hatchable eggs, and then she gets zapped by lightning...oh Jules. And then after the storm...a possible other storm came to visit...
    *Updated my December 11th post above! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @SoulGal7
    Thank you for your comments! I hope the golden egg hatches! Would be fun to have a Golden Hen or Rooster! They don't need the benefits from one, since all their garden plants are Perfect anyway, but might help the oversized crops. ;) I don't know what makes you think that the crops and pies are judged together as one category. There are separate ribbons in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each category in Debug. It doesn't make sense that a crop would be judged against a pie and vice versa. Did you read something official that said that? Do you have a link to it so I can check it out? Just curious where you got your information. I apologize for it, but until I see something official stating what you say is true, I disagree. You could be right I suppose, but I highly doubt it. Thanks for the information anyway though! :)
    edited December 2021
    @Karababy52 - I had written my above comments before I saw your up-date on the fair.
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @SoulGal7
    Thank you for your comments! I hope the golden egg hatches! Would be fun to have a Golden Hen or Rooster! They don't need the benefits from one, since all their garden plants are Perfect anyway, but might help the oversized crops. ;) I don't know what makes you think that the crops and pies are judged together as one category. There are separate ribbons in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each category in Debug. It doesn't make sense that a crop would be judged against a pie and vice versa. Did you read something official that said that? Do you have a link to it so I can check it out? Just curious where you got your information. I apologize for it, but until I see something official stating what you say is true, I disagree. You could be right I suppose, but I highly doubt it. Thanks for the information anyway though! :)
    No, nothing official, but as I mentioned in my other game play, I had one enter the pie contest and there were no other pies. She entered the oversized crop competition, and there were two other entries. She won the competition, and he only got a participation ribbon. This led me to believe that the oversized crop and the pie were judged against each other. So, perhaps it is a glitch because he should have won for the pie. See below for what happened in my other sims competition. Anyway, a hearty congratulations are in order to both Essa and Josh for completing the Country Caretaker Aspiration. And I want a piece of that pie! lol

judging-susmus-pie.png

great-competition-moodlet.png

cece-won-1st-place-at-the-fair.png

fair-rewards-cece.png

participation-for-pie-for-sussumu.png
    edited December 2021
    December - Day 12: "Out Takes"

LXDCDbw.png

Notes
    When playing for an update, I always take a multitude of screenshots and then have to decide which ones to include in the update and which ones to cut. Many times there are some I wish I could've included and it makes me sad that they might never be seen by anyone. All of them have meaning to me and the challenge. Since I've been gone all day visiting and hunting, and won't have time play for a proper update before I have to get some rest, I thought, why not do an Out Takes update to show some screenshots that ended up on the cutting room floor? Tomorrow's update will continue with my regular story mode type of an update.

The daily post pic is an area in Finchwick beyond the fairgrounds. When Essa and Josh were cloudgazing waiting for the competitions results to come in, I panned around looking for some beautiful landscapes to screenshot. Something I do a lot, but in particular when there is some kind of beauty in the sky. Whether a gorgeous sunset/sunrise, the northern lights, the haloed moon, or rainbows, etc. It's nothing all that special really, but I thought it was pretty. :)

2KgXJgX.png
    Just Buster and Ollie playing again, but I thought it was cute, kind of mimics the wall sticker.

8fCyBWo.png
    I just love how happy Teddy and Essa looked as she finally became his friend.

7r7NsxS.png
    The little smile on Teddy's face and Foo Foo hopping in the background is why I took this one.

p1OAoFE.png
    Just the beauty and love in this one with Josh and Bluebell.

qwBiR85.png
    Ditto! I'm so glad the Devs included ways for the animals and Sims to show their affection for each other.

fxRqUhB.png
    Ollie looking very cute, happy and handsome!

nGV8xna.png
    See? That side-eye says it all, he knows, he knows...

rViPS0d.png
    Autonomous passionate kiss! *dreamy sigh*

qJIkcg1.png
    I have no idea why, but this shot immediately choked me up and I found myself wiping a few tears away. Why? Maybe just the thought of how much they love each other and their time together is almost finished. I love them so much, it's going to be so hard to say goodbye...

x3iBSAr.png
    And then, when I panned around to look at Essa's face, she was giving me this smile as if to say, 'Thank you Watcher! Thank you for giving me this wonderful guy to love who loves me just as much.'

gkkH4Za.png
    Josh gave Buster his very first bath! Incredible he hasn't needed one until now eh? So cute, he's still got suds on him! hehe

HgfzCrt.png
    Yarny moved from his spot next to the fireplace in the dining room for the first time. Maybe he's hungry for a piece of that pie Josh made he was staring at on the table in another screenshot?

OmB4YfX.png
    Good girl Sophia! She's sitting on the golden egg!

8uVkHE5.png
    Whenever these four get together, they always have so much fun. I love that they are such good friends and that Essa and Melody are cousins.

DBrG6VR.png
    I wish I knew what Malcom said to Josh that made him look so shocked. hehe

VqK75J0.png
    All four were full of abundant energy for some reason and hip bumped each other! First Melody and Essa, then later...

HtF1DTp.png
    Malcom and Josh did the same thing!

g2MElro.png
    Malcom wasn't the only one showing off his scary vampire face, so did Melody!

kE0OPs4.png
    "Rawr! Muahaha! Ehehehehahaha!"

xdCGL9V.png
    "RAWWWRRRRRR!"

On a side note, I have no idea why their fangs are not showing, I gave them fangs. For some reason they tend to disappear on vampires in my game. It's happened before with Veera, Greg, Nik Sr., and Damon. At least in their normal mode. Need to check on that...

hgBA3hc.png
    I absolutely ADORE the colors and graphics in HoB. The sunsets/sunrises, the zillions of stars at night, all the green and forested areas, just...everything. Yeah, some have argued it's a little TOO green at times, maybe, but I'm a country girl and love it!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 341 - Scenic Shot

2zkHmQn.jpg

Here's a picture for yesterday. I wasn't feeling great and didn't have the energy to post, but I'm feeling better now :)

----

Update 342 - Just another day

nCbJGQq.jpg
    Jules and Emmett headed over to the Bramblewood to knock off some of the aspiration milestones. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any plants for her to forage, but hopefully next time.

She did pay Sophie a visit though.
    SgwfkFn.jpg
    5VQy7GG.jpg

She gave a gift to some birds, finishing up that milestone, and then decided to sing to them.
    gHhBVdY.jpg
    py0040L.jpg

They apparently did not enjoy that :D
    P05zPdY.jpg
    PcGZynS.jpg
    6rVhPw6.jpg

Wow, what an outfit :joy:
    NrUFxKj.png

Checked in on Emmett. He was being his usual goofy self :)
    o014K9B.jpg

Pickle was having a lovely little romp around the place too. I know that Pickle has been alive for way longer than a dog should be in this game, but every time I think about making the decision to let him go, I get too sad, and I figure that since this is just a game, then I can basically have an immortal dog because why not? :)
    EYh0Jxm.png

Jules finished up an errand for Agatha, which included sharing some gossip, which was entertaining.
    rrwsAFn.png
    E0r875m.png

The next day is going to be the Finchwick Chicken Fair, so Jules gave Benedict some extra special snuggles since he will be the one she'll enter in the contest.
    iSH865S.png

She also gave the hens some treats so hopefully they will lay some exciting eggs tonight :)
    XxCVF8Q.png

@Karababy52 I believe you asked me how many chickens I have - with the three new chicks, I have 8 now. The house came with some chickens already living there, and then I purchased two more as well.

edited December 2021
    December 6: Henford-on-Bagley - Animal Farm

AHH-LITTLE-PEEP-AND-SAKURA.png
    The morning after the Anniversary Party, Wolfgang woke up ill. He hadn't noticed right away, but while he was playing the guitar in the music room, he noticed some red spots on his hands...and his arm...and his face. Oh gosh! Remembering a remedy his mother had told him, he went into the kitchen and drank a glass of orange juice. That seemed to do the trick and he was cured.

the-next-morning-wolfgang-is-sick.png

Even sick, though, Wolfgang finishes the Musical Genius aspiration.
    congrats-wolfgang-earned-the-musical-asp.png

Wolfgang felt fine now, but perhaps it was an allergic reaction to something in the animal shed. Afterall, he and Sakura had been rolling in the hay last night...maybe that was it. He smiled at the memory and realized that he had better clean that animal shed again before the animals were delivered later today. But first, they all had to have breakfast together, as Rennard (Ren) and Kenji (Ken) were both leaving this morning to head back to Brindleton Bay.

It was going to be a busy day with the farm animals arriving, and then later tonight, they were off to Del Sol Valley for the Starlight Accolade Awards. One of Wolfgang's songs had been nominated for an award. And, even though Wolfgang didn't think he would win, Sakura said that they should attend. It would be nice to have a night out together.

making-french-toast.png

Their old Nanny, Darsh, dropped by for the day, and even one of their old neighbors, Tina Tinker from Evergreen Harbor dropped by with a gift for them. She had been in the neighborhood, and, of course, they invited her for breakfast, too.

their-old-nanny-darsh-was-here.png

on-of-their-old-neighbors-even-dropped-by-with-a-gift.png

wolf-and-hana-sat-on-the-deck.png

Pretty soon, though, it was time for Rennard (Ren) and Kenji (Ken) to leave for Brindleton Bay.

pretty-soon-it-was-time-for-kenji-and-ren-to-go.png

take-care-son.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After Ren and Ken left, it was time to start the farm chores. Sakura had planted some oversized seed crops that Melody had given her last night. Melody had told Sakura that there was a Fair in Finchwick coming up and they had a competition for oversized crops. Of course, Melody had already started growing some oversized crops in her own garden. Sakura decided to give it a go, and grow oversized lettuce, mushroom, aubergine, pumpkin and watermelon.

sakura-fertilizing-her-crops.png

And not long afterwards, the animal transport truck arrived with their farm animals. Not only did they have to unload the farm animals, but there was all the feed that Wolfgang had ordered, too. The farmer who delivered them had also told them that they could purchase some special treats for the animals in Finchwick.

Farmer: "Just see Agatha at the Garden Shop. She'll be more than happy to tell you what you need. And she'll also tell you everything that's going on in Finchwick. She is quite in-the-know about everything that goes on everywhere."

Sakura and Wolfgang thanked the farmer and then went around back to survey the farm animals.

sakura-and-the-farm-animals.png

They had started with a few chickens and a llama. There were two chicks, named Little Peep. and Nugget. They have one white chicken, named Henny and one white rooster named Colonel Sanders. They also had one brown chicken, named Sassy and one brown rooster named Cluckers.

sakura-at-the-chicken-coop.png

sakura-and-her-cchick.png

henny-the-chicken.png

Sakura tentatively picked up one of the chickens and was surprised when it clucked at her.

Sakura: "I think Henny loves me. I think she said she liked being hugged."
    sakura-loves-her-chickens.png

Wolfgang: "Well, I totally agree with Henny. You are very easy to love...and I most certainly like your hugs..."

Wolfgang picked up the brown chicken, named Sassy. She flapped her wings and clucked.

wolfgang-and-his-chicken.png

Wolfgang: "Oh, Sassy, you are such a cheeky chicken. These roosters better watch out for you! You want a hug? Oh, yes you do...what a good chicken you are. Now go and strut those tail feathers. Yes, Sassy...you are definitely the diva of the chicken coop."

Okay, I think Wolfgang is in love with a chicken. Obviously, Sassy has put a spell on him, too.

While Wolfgang scattered the seed for the chickens and filled up the llama feed bin, Sakura was approached by one of the rabbits. It looked like the one that had been on the dance floor last night.

giving-he-bunny-a-gift.png

Sakura: "Are you that bunny from the party last night? I bet you'd like this joke: 'What is a rabbit’s favorite dance style?'"

The bunny just looked at Sakura and seemed to thump its hind leg.

Sakura: "You guessed it! Hip-hop!"
    sakura-moodlet.png

The bunny was so cute that Sakura gave it a carrot that she had just harvested from her garden. The bunny really liked the gift.

bunnies-love-bluebells.png
    fav-gift-for-rabbit-is-a-flower.png
    sunshine-llama.png

I guess with all the attention to the chickens, the llama wanted some attention, too.

wolf-just-took-to-farmlife-like-he-was-born-here.png

Wolfgang puttered around the farm yard, talking to the chickens, and the llama. Sakura watched him and it looked like he had been farming all his life. She smiled and thought that he had taken to farm life so well and she was so happy they had moved to Henford-on-Bagley.

wolf-and-sunshine.png

have-you-ever-seen-a-llama-smile.png

Have you ever seen a llama smile? Well, that's the look that our llama gives Wolfgang every time he comes to see her. We named her Sunshine.

wolf-has-collected-these-eggs.png

Wolfgang had gone over to the chicken coop and there were already some eggs to collect! Wolfgang collected 3 eggs. Two were special, one green and one blue egg.

Wolfgang looked at the green egg and then looked at Sakura, "You know, I am kind of thinking about having green eggs and ham right now..."

Sakura laughed and took the green egg from Wolfgang and they walked back to the house together.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dr. Seuss, "Green Eggs and Ham", book, 1960.
    edited December 2021
    Super busy week, so I apologize if I'm even worse at comments than usual. I have finals, and I'm bringing home a kitten from my school to foster over Christmas break on Wednesday night so I'll be busy getting her adjusted too <3

---

Update 343 - Finchwick Chicken Fair

rvbHsCU.png
    In the late morning, they headed to the Bramblewood for a picnic. Honestly the whole picnic basket feature is a bit disappointing. It would be cute if they could lay out a blanket and eat on that. I don't really see how it differs from just putting items in your inventory otherwise. I'm guessing the picnic basket can keep things fresher than just having it in the inventory though I didn't check that.
    9GaDoYc.png
    8QCM4Sw.jpg

Jules finally found ONE harvestable. Hopefully I can find more on their next visit.
    TqbGJwZ.jpg

It was time for the chicken fair next! I didn't realize Jules could only submit one egg, so she ended up submitting this orange one.
    D5TgeKb.jpg

And she submitted Benedict as well. He looks very suspicious haha.
    Ui4UVVw.png

Looks like Ruby and Malcolm are some of the judges again. (I finally did age all the challenge sims and their spouses up to elders)
    fvIy3Af.jpg

And Benedict does have some proper competition.
    yM0QpUl.jpg

There's really not much to do at the fairs beyond that, which is a kind of bummer. Jules worked on her cross stitching skill pass the time.
    mNhzxA4.jpg

Essa was briefly on the lot as well, though she left pretty soon after I noticed her.
    5TS9p87.png

Also I spotted Malcolm and Otto.
    nrSkwTY.jpg
    n8zod3o.png

Benedict was having a nice snooze as they announced the winners.
    lcQdSaP.jpg

And he won!!!
    8ARWrKS.png

edited December 2021
    December - Day 13: "Welcome to the Jungle!"

ofHU5Bl.png

Josh and Essa appreciated the farm life, it was relaxing and kept them busy. They were older now and should enjoy the quiet life. They did, but they needed more. They had led a life full of adventure, never staying very long in one place. When Josh suggested they go to Selvadorada and explore the jungle, Essa immediately agreed.

Samara and Sam agreed to take care of Buster, Ollie and the farm while they were gone. They offered to compensate them financially or with a favor in kind, but the couple wouldn't hear of it. They insisted Essa and Josh had done more than enough to enrich their lives already, this was their chance to help them in some small way.

They rented a house for just a week, but might extend that time if they felt like staying longer. Packing what they felt would be needed, including Josh's archeology table, they transportalated everything to the rental and then transporatalated themselves to the Puerto Llamante Marketplace.

Notes
    3Z1xZWk.png
    "Madre Cosecha helped the people settle Selvadorada during a time of great famine. Her long lost recipe of Grillos Achocolatados gave the founding settlers strength. Archaeologists also note that the Giant Omisca Cricket seems to have gone extinct during this great famine." Josh read aloud from the plaque beneath the statue's feet.

"Hmm, it's just a hunch, but I bet that cricket was a secret ingredient in the lost recipe."
    "I'd say that's a good hunch Babe. Anyway, let's go see if that vendor over there has any additional supplies we might need."
    "What else could we need? We don't need to sleep, bathe, or even eat really. And if we do need to eat, just use a spell or summon grilled cheese."
    "I don't know, but I bet there has to be something we're missing."

3FKyrCL.png
    "Hi, I'm Essa Hunter and this is my husband, Josh. Are you still open? We were hoping you could give us some advice on what we might need in the jungle other than the basics of food, water, shelter and..."
    "...I'm sorry, I was just closing up for the evening, it's almost midnight. I'll open again at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning if you want to stop by then. I will have everything you need. Other than what you have mentioned, you'll need various deterrents for lots of dangers, but most of all a supply of machetes. The vines are thick in the jungle and many a blade has been broken. Just one won't do it."

PHC8dRJ.png
    "Just one machete is enough, we're spellcasters, we can just use a spell to make more."
    "A spell? Dios mio, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard, you can't use spells in the jungle! The spirits are too strong, they won't allow it, HAHA! Spells! HAHA! Imagine! HAHA!"

Essa laughed right along with the Selvadoradian local, not because she agreed with him, only because she wanted to keep him in their good graces for the supplies.
    "Hehe I don't know what we were thinking, just a couple of noob tourists I guess. We'll be back later this morning."
    "But, wait, Beautiful, he's wron-"
    Essa turned to Josh so the man couldn't see her face and winked, "He lives here, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about Babe. Let's go get a drink. Thank you Mr., uh, I didn't catch your name?"
    "Ángel Gutiérrez at your service Mrs. Hunter."
    "Oh please, call me Essa."
    "Okay Essa, you may call me Ángel as well." He smiled at her and gave Josh a smug look. "I'll set aside a selection of supplies just for you too. My stock goes fast, so get here early."
    "We'll be here, Thank you again Ángel, have a great rest of your evening." Essa said taking Josh's hand and walking away.
    "Smart and Beautiful, I knew there was a reason I married you." Josh whispered. Essa just smiled and winked at him again.

l9oSoZb.png
    Josh and Essa ordered a couple local beverages and sat talking about how they would approach exploring the jungle later that day. After awhile, Josh noticed a fine looking guitar sitting next to a microphone and went over to investigate. He asked the bartender if it belonged to anyone, and did she think they would care if he played it. She said it belonged to the bar for local talent nights and he was welcome to play it if he wished. He thanked her and picked up the instrument.

Essa smiled, watching the man she loved play a Latin tune that had a few of the patrons still there clapping their hands, a few got up to dance as well. Essa had never seen the dance they were doing and was told it was a Rumba. Hopefully they would learn how to do it before they left Selvadorada.

iiJkz85.png
    "It's last call, did you want another drink? Or should we head over to the rental?"

ifZvU8q.png
    "I have an idea of what we can do until it's time to go back to that vendor stall. If you get my drift."
    "Oh Babe, I know exactly what your drift is by now, you should know that." Essa laughed as Josh wiggled his eyebrows at her.
    "While it's tempting, maybe we should save our energy for the jungle?"
    "We don't sleep though, no need to worry about expending energy, right?"
    "I meant do that IN the jungle."
    "Ohhh, well why didn't you say so, naughty girl. I love it! Alright, let's just look around for a bit and see what else we can find to do."

THHjTxh.png
    They didn't have to walk very far to find a dock down by the waterfalls with a place to go fishing. They spent some time doing that for awhile, and caught a few interesting fish neither had caught before and wanted to keep.

CVGQYkI.png
    "Maybe we should go back to the rental now to put these fish in the fridge?"

UBHqWyN.png
    "Good idea and while we're there...?" Josh let the sentence end on a question, his eyes sparkling with hope.
    "You're not giving up are you?" *gigglesnort*
    "Hey, the rental's in the jungle too, am I right? Two is better than one anyway. Come on Beautiful, you always say, any time, anywhere."

uqMz7hj.png
    "Yes I do, and if you think twice is nice, three is more, but you might score four!"
    "Ohhh yeahhh!"
    Essa turned and ran with Josh hot on her tail back to the rental. At one point she stopped and quickly transportalated to the bedroom, "Catch me if you can!" Josh materializing right behind her, growling playfully as he pulled her to him for a kiss full of passion and need. The couple felt like a couple of randy kids as they ripped off their clothes and fell on the bed together.

UXmeXU3.png
    Later that morning, they went back to the marketplace and grabbed a bite to eat of the local fare to try while waiting for the vendor stalls to open. Finished with their meal, and loaded down with supplies, Josh led the way to the trailhead.

bzV2mRF.png
    "Wow, it's so beautiful here. Everything is so...green, and wild!"
    "I'll say. It's looks a lot more overgrown than the last time I was here. I don't recognize anything. Look at the entrance to the jungle trails. That guy wasn't kidding! Those vines are thicker than my arms!"

SdZuutD.png
    Josh retrieved one of the machetes they'd brought along and began hacking away at the twisted, thick, leafy vines.
    "Need any help? We could both chop at them, save some time."
    "Nah, I think I got it, thanks though."

8gXmE7E.png
    "Gawd! Dang mosquitoes! They're huge!"
    "Didn't we bring some bug spray?"
    "Yeah, and I used it. It doesn't work. I think it's even attracting them. Gah! Shouldn't have trusted that guy! Aren't they bothering you?"

umgY1v0.png
    "Nope, I didn't use any yet. Anyway, not much we can do about it now unless you want to go back?"
    "I'll survive. Let's go."
    "Okay, but...where to first? I see some waterfalls over there, I think this trail leads to them, and a couple more vine covered archways leading...somewhere."
    "Let's try one of these archways."
    "Alright, but I want to take a crack at those vines this time."
    "Fine by me, I'll try to wash off this worthless bug spray while you do."

0CUGa6f.png
    "Do you have any idea how hot you look right now?"

a7ofnxe.png
    "Whew! Don't you mean sweaty? Why am I hot anyway? Usually the weather doesn't bother us?"
    "That's not the kind of hot I meant, but anyway, I have no idea...wait! That guy said magic doesn't work in the jungle. Maybe that's why? Not sure I trust whatever he said now though."
    "Hmm, maybe. Annnnnnd, just a couple more whacks...we're through! YES!"

E6WzbfS.png
    "GAH! Bats! Oh my God, oh my God, oh my GAWD!"
    "Hmm? Bats? Oh yeah, bats....they're just bats Essa, half your family are bats."

rgtf0ec.png
    "That's different! They won't bite me, these can bite us, they...what are you staring at?"

bKlg2Jy.png
    "Oh...is that what I think it is?"

2kHFss0.png
    "Yeah, the wreck of my parents' plane."

o3VNwEg.png
    "I thought maybe. Did you want to go take a closer look?"
    "No, there's nothing I need to see anymore. It was thoroughly inspected decades ago. Let's go back and check out what's beyond those waterfalls. This is the farthest I ever went with the military."
    "Are you okay Babe?"
    "I'm fine." Josh said, still staring at the airplane that once belonged to his jungle exploring parents. After all these years, it was a pipe dream thinking they might find some other clues as to what ultimately happened to them, it had probably all been obliterated by time and the jungle. But he still had a tiny hope in his heart that they might.
    "Let's go." He said, finally turning away and walking back the way they had come.

45OzhS6.png
    "Whoa! Maybe we should've transportalated to the otherside, it's so deep! This bridge seems pretty well maintained though."
    "Magic doesn't work in the jungle, remember?"
    "Pfft, yeah, according to a guy that sold us sugar water bug spray. Why should we believe anything he said? Besides we've used magic more than once already and it worked. We even used magic to travel here!"
    "Good point."

bqQn8wW.png
    "Do you hear that Babe? It sounds like someone's singing. It's beautiful."
    "It's the falls, there's a legend about them. Some say the surreal music they make puts you in a flirty mood. It must be true. I feel very flirty."
    "You always feel flirty."
    "Got me there Beautiful."

QJ6vUCw.png
    To be continued...
    edited December 2021
    December 7: Travel to Del Sol Valley - Starlight Accolade Award Ceremony

wolfgang-wins-an-accolade.png
    Wolfgang was rather surprised when he got the notice that his song, "Oh Woeful Blarffy" had been nominated for an award. It had been a song that he had written about a teddy bear that he had found in a dumpster when they had lived in Evergreen Harbor. That bear had been so dirty and had bits and pieces of him missing, that Wolfgang didn't think it could be repaired. But Sakura had washed and fixed the bear and placed it in the children's room. His children loved that bear, and even though they were grown now, the bear still sat in Hana and Kyra's room.

wolfgang-might-win-an-award-for-his-song.png

The Award Ceremony started at 6pm, and even though the kids didn't need a nanny anymore, Darsh, their old nanny, was more than happy to stay the evening and spend time with them.

Once the kids came home from Scouts, Sakura and Wolfgang dressed and headed out the door.

backfrom-scouts.png

Sakura thought that Wolfgang looked so dashing in the new suit he had purchased for the event.

looking-good-leaving-the-house.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    startlite-accolades-notice.png

When they arrived at Studio PBP, memories of their time in Del Sol Valley came back to them. It's where they had moved right after university when Wolfgang got the engineering job building robots for a movie. It was also where Sakura discovered she was expecting Ren and Ken, and had given birth to them here. Sakura had toyed with the idea of going into Acting, and had even been offered a job, but, family life and their move to Evergreen Harbor had waylaid those plans, and she never thought about it again.

they-were-at-the-starlite-accolates.png

And now, here they were, at the Starlight Accolade Award Ceremony. Even though Wolfgang didn't think he would win the award, Sakura knew that he was really good. Sakura always felt that Wolfgang could have made it in the music industry, but Wolfgang seemed more content fixing and making things, and going on new adventures. Wolfgang was never a sim who needed to be in the spotlight. He always insisted that music was just a hobby. But Sakura knew that writing songs and playing the guitar were so much a part of who Wolfgang was, and she was happy that he was finally being recognized.

and-while-sakura-secured-a-seat-for-them-wolfgang-got-some-drinks.png

There was security at the door, and Wolfgang showed them his invitation and they were admitted into the building without incident. Sakura headed to the seating area, while Wolfgang went to the reception area to let them know he had arrived.

It was a star-studded night and Sakura saw several well-known celebrities. Judith Ward, Dirk Dreamer and Thorne Bailey, to name a few. Sakura could hardly contain her excitement.

it-was-a-star-studden-event.png

And then suddenly, the lights dimmed and the hostess of the Award Ceremony went to the microphone and asked them to take their seats, and thanked them all for coming.

After making an introductory speech, the first category was announced. Sakura wasn't quite sure what the category was, but Judith Ward won it. If it was for looking good, then Judith Ward most definitely aced it, as Judith truly looked like the 5-star celebrity that she was.

judith-ward-wins.png

lookin-at-judith-wad.png

As Judith headed to the stage, Sakura thought that she looked their way, but probably just imagined it.

and-she-accepts-the-award.png

Judith's speech was lengthy and seemed to go on forever. And as Judith thanked the last sims that she had to thank, Judith blew kisses to the audience and gracefully left the stage.

The next category was best song, of which Wolfgang had been nominated. Sakura grabbed Wolfgang's hand in hers and held it tightly. This was it, they were going to announce it, and she waited for the announcement with bated breath.

omg-wolfgang-its-you-you-won.png

Hostess: "The next award goes to a sim who is not widely known in Del Sol Valley. The song they wrote is about a teddy bear, who chose to hide in a dumpster instead of facing the world. That is, until one day the teddy bear is found by a young girl who falls in love with the teddy bear and takes him home. And the award for best song, "Oh Woeful Blarffy" goes to Wolfgang Munch. Congratulations!"

wolfgang-wins-an-award.png

Wolfgang smiled at Sakura as he got up and headed towards the stage. The hostess handed him the award and he stared at it.

Wolfgang smiled as he went to the microphone: "Thank you...thank you so much for this. You know, I am not a famous musician, like some other celebrities here, but I tend to write songs from the heart. And this song, in particular, is about a teddy bear, but it is also a song that mirrors my own early life. I think I was a lot like that bear when I was a teen. I was mad at the world around me, was a bit of a rebel, didn't care about a lot of things, and just got by. I was content hiding from the world. But then...I met a sim who changed me forever...and that was my wife, Sakura Li. Like the girl in the song who helps the bear, Sakura helped me to live my best sim life. And for that I am eternally grateful...."

acceptance-speech.png

Wolfgang stopped and rubbed his eye for a moment, as if he was wiping away a tear, and then looked straight at Sakura, "Thank you Sakura for believing in me. I also want to thank my family and friends for their support, and for the fans and the djs for playing and listening to this song. I hope everyone will be as lucky as this bear, and find a sim who will accept them for who they are and still love them, even though they may not be perfect. It only takes one sim to brighten another sim's day. Be that sim. Thank you."

have-faith-in-yourself-and-you-can-achieve-anything.png

There was a loud applause and some of the audience even stood up shouting Wolfgang's name after he finished his speech. Sakura just sat there amazed at what he had just said.

thats-my-husband-up-there.png

Sakura thinking: "Wolfgang was the bear in the song? The gloomy bear who lived in the dumpster? And I...oh my gosh...I am the girl who rescued him in the song?" Sakura felt her own eyes mist over and when Wolfgang sat down beside her, she couldn't help but blow him a kiss. Maybe we were all like the bear in the song, and just needed a sim to help us believe in ourselves. No wonder it was such a popular song, because sims could relate to it.

i-won-for-best-song.png

Hostess: "Tonight we are honored to bestow an award on a sim for a song that they wrote many years ago when they were just a teen. A song about love and inner turmoil of telling yourself that you just like someone, when, in fact, you are in love with them. The award for the song "Who Knows" goes to Sakura Li. Congratulations!"
    sakura-wins-an-award.png

Sakura stared at Wolfgang not knowing what to do. She had been nominated for an award, too? She had never received any notice. How could this have happened? And then she saw Wolfgang open his hand and she saw the notice with her name on it and he nodded to her and told her that it was indeed her.

at-the-awards-ceremony.png

Sakura got up slowly and it seemed everyone was standing and applauding her. She made her way to the stage and the hostess presented her with the award.

Sakura looked out at the audience and tentatively spoke into the microphone, "I'm speechless. Literally. I didn't even know that I was nominated for an award...so, I don't have a speech prepared, so yes, I am literally speechless..."

There was some laughter from the audience.

i-wasnt-expecting-this.png

Sakura looked out and saw Wolfgang looking at her, nodding his head for her to continue, "But since I'm here, I wanted to take a moment to tell you about this song. As you heard, the song was written when I was a teen, and a member of The Plumbobs band. My music teacher told me that he needed to see some original work from me, and this song was the result. But, I couldn't have done it alone, and, even then, Wolfgang Munch, who was my best friend at the time, helped me with writing some of the lines to this song. So, this song, is, in fact, a collaborative work of mine and Wolfgang's. My music teacher had booked the Plumbobs for a charity event, and due to circumstances beyond my control, I was thrust in the spotlight and was supposed to sing this solo. I had terrible stagefright and was about to leave the stage before I had even begun to sing, but Wolfgang, who knew the words to the song, started to sing the song and came on stage with me, and we finished singing the song together. I didn't know then that this song would have such a phenomenal impact on my life, because after we sang that song, Wolfgang kissed me for the very first time...and let's just say...that his kiss had quite an effect on me. I mean, we're married now...right?"

this-song-was-written-a-long-time-ago-with-my-husband-wolfgang.png

More laughter from the audience.

i-think-i-am-going-to-cry.png

Sakura: "...and if I had been torn in my emotions before, about how I felt about Wolfgang, I was more than certain that I had most definitely fallen in love with him that night. And it was because of that song. As my Sofu...my grandfather used to say..."Meeting you was Fate, becoming your friend was choice, but falling in love with you...I had no control over." Thank you to the fans, djs and all the sims who continued to play and listen to this song. To my friends and family for always being there for me, and to my husband, Wolfgang, for his never-ending support for helping me gain the confidence I needed to achieve all of my dreams. Thank you."

Sakura held the award close to her and was about to move away from the microphone, when she saw Wolfgang standing there. And just like that, Sakura was in his arms and he was kissing her. The applause from the audience was deafening, but all Sakura heard were the words that Wolfgang whispered in her ear, "I love you Sakura, and I know I stole a kiss with you at the concert that night...but I am glad I did. I am so glad that I did..."

they-didnt-care-who-was-watching-as-wolfgang-gave-sakura-a-kiss.png

Wolfgang escorted Sakura back to her seat and the hostess continued the ceremony. There were some other recipients during the night, Dirk Dreamer, and another unknown sim. And then the Starlight Accolade Award Ceremony was over and everyone was heading outside to get into some limos for various after parties.
    award-conclusion.png

what-a-crowd.png

Wolfgang and Sakura stood apart from the others, and took a photo together in front of the PMP Studio. It was certainly a night to remember.

the-starlight-accolates.png

Wolfgang: "We don't have to go yet. You know, I've never walked Starlight Boulevard. Would you like to go there now?" he asked.

Sakura and Wolfgang walked up and down Starlight Boulevard reading the names of the famous celebrities who had stars there.

maybe-one-day-wolf.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, why didn't you tell me I was nominated for an award for that song?"

Wolfgang: "Well...I wanted to surprise you. I got my nomination letter first, as you know, and then a week later, yours came. I just happened to be at the mailbox, and, well, since we were going to the Award Ceremony anyway, I figured that you would find out then. I was secretly hoping that you would win over me. You are just naturally talented, Sakura. I am glad that you won."

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang! You know that song was written by both of us. It's really our song, not just solely mine."

Wolfgang: "Well, I just helped a bit. But you never told me that you fell in love with me that night. Even the next day when we chatted."

Sakura: "I couldn't, really. If you recall, I had a boyfriend at the time and I was feeling incredibly guilty about my feelings for you...and especially the feelings I had about that kiss."

Wolfgang: "Yes, I remember, and I thought that it would be better for me to remain your friend due to those circumstances. But that song...all those emotions..."

Sakura: "...was how I felt about you...that song was about how I felt about you, Wolfgang..."

lets-go-home-my-love-and-make-our-own-music.png

Wolfgang: "After all these years...I find this out now..." he took her hands in his and looked at Sakura lovingly.

Sakura: "Yes, it's true. So, now you know...my secret is out...that I was in love with you all along, but I kept trying to convince myself that I wasn't..."

Wolfgang: "I'm glad you told me, Sakura, because now that song will have even more meaning for me...for us. I love you Sakura," he said as he gently kissed her cheek. "Let's go home...and make some music of our own..."

the-limo-awaits.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

There was never a pop-up for Sakura's nomination, so it was a complete surprise for me (and Sakura) that she received an award. But Bravo that she did, and so I decided to do some "reveals" in this chapter as a result. I also changed the entrance door to Studio PBP, so they could get inside (it is normally a 3-star door). Sakura had done a celebrity cleanse, so she no longer had any fame, nor did Wolfgang. Hope you enjoyed it.
    edited December 2021
    @Karababy52 - Outtakes -
    Love all the shots. I know about all those extra pics...lol...it's hard to delete them. Great pic, and I agree with Josh and Bluebell...looks like a loving moment between a cow and his caregiver. Sweet. Of course, all the photos of Josh and Essa are great! hehehe I am glad I am not the only one who gets choked up about my sims. It's been a year that you've been playing them together, so naturally, you would get attached. When I start having conversations with my husband about "Wolfgang and Sakura", he knows who I mean. Seriously, this story took over my life...but it was worth it. :) I can't comment on the next one yet, but it looks like they are venturing to Selvadorada. Cool!

@permanentrose - Love that scenic shot of the waterfalls. It is really pretty.
    Just another day: Love all the shots of Bramblewood. Sakura and Wolfgang are going to head there very soon. Those birds...you sing to them and they like it, and then sometimes they don't...so picky. lol Love the shot of the snail and Jules hiding or searching for a treasure, and Emmett playing in the water like a little kid. lol And you're giving the chicken some red treats...hmmm...I wonder what type of egg that will produce. Finchwick Fair: Yes, I think that picnic basket should have come with a red and white checked tablecloth for the ground, like in Sims 3. I haven't used the picnic basket yet, so I guess I shall see how it works shortly. Benedict the chicken with his little hat on is so cute. Oh...is that Malcolm and Otto or Wolfgang and Otto? Blue-haired child...must be Sakura's lol I love how Wolfgang aged up as an elder in your game. In mine, he has those bags under his eyes, but he still looks pretty good. And Benedict is snoozing when they announce that he won! lol Winning might interfere with his nap time! lol Congrats to Jules for winning the 1st place Chicken competition. Woot!
    *Updated my December 13th post above! I apologize for not updating this last night or commenting. Comments replies coming up next and today's update to follow! Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    @SoulGal7
    No worries, as I'm sure you know by now, it's a glitch/bug, not as intended. :) With the competitions is what I'm talking about.

Congrats to Wolfgang for finishing the Musical aspiration! \o/ Bummer he was sick, but glad the juice took care of it! Love all the cute names for their animals! Aww love the smiles on Wolfgang and Sunshine's faces! So cute! Wow, special eggs already! That's great! Took awhile for Essa to get any. But then, they only have the one hen. hehe

Congratulations to both Wolfgang and Sakura for winning the Starlight Accolade for their songs! So sweet how Wolfgang kept it secret that Sakura was actually nominated too! :) Very, very touching speeches they both made as well.

Thank you, I'm glad you understand and also know how easy it is to get attached to our Sims. You're right, been playing them all year, so it almost feels like they are family, are real. I know they aren't, but I've spent so much time with them, I feel as if I really know them. Which is silly since I basically tell them to do most everything they do. But oh well. They still have their own unique personalities, I see that when they have full autonomy for one thing, and how they react to things, how Josh will look straight at me, etc.

Yes, this past year has been mostly all about them and their story. Took up most of my time, but I'm not complaining one bit. I've gotten so much more out of this challenge then just telling stories about some Sims. It turned out so much more than I had expected and I am glad. I'm very grateful and appreciative too for everyone else that tried this spur of the moment challenge and fell in love with their Sims as well. It makes me smile and very, very happy! It definitely was worth it! AND I'll be doing it again next year! Just not as involved as this year. At least that's the plan. We'll see how it actually goes.

@permanentrose
    Great shot of the falls! Gorgeous shot of the sunrise as well! Love them both! Not sure if you've figured this out by now or not, but you don't need to just harvest plants for that milestone. Frogs, crystals, fossils, etc., it all counts. Ugh, poor Jules! Some of those birds can be SO cruel in that way! Both Josh and Essa have had the birds poop on them. It's so gross. lol Whoa, well, uh, at least it's color coordinated. Emmett always has fun eh? At least he's not pranking a toilet for fun!

Your reasons make perfect sense. Same reason I have not aged up Ollie and Buster, or Shelby either. They will stay young forever in my game. HAHA! That gossip from Agatha is hilarious! I love that old gossip. She's funny! Thanks about how many chickens you have. I found out that it's yet another glitch where chicks don't age up. Probably fixed, but not retroactive. Ah well, doesn't matter. They're done with the aspiration now.

Have not tried the picnic basket yet, but I knew it was a disappointment from what others had written about it. We need a blanket to sit on, dang it! Some tips for finding mushrooms, look in the ruins and around them just across the bridge to the right and around the side. Same over by Sophie the snail, across the bridge and to the right. Also, there's a little sitting area up by the waterfalls with a bench, mushrooms grow there too. Over by the Creature Keeper's house is harvestables too.

Yes, unfortunately, it's just one entry per Sim. She could enter in both major or minor competitions though, but only one entry in each. Benedict looks so dapper! Congrats to him and to Jules for winning! Hey there Essa, looking good! :) Wait, isn't that Wolfgang? I don't think that's Malcom. I could be wrong though.
    edited December 2021
    December - Day 14: "In the jungle, the mighty jungle..."

zHIoT4V.png

Notes
    PAgxLfa.png
    Almost the very second they stepped off the rickety bridge over the gorge to the falls, an angry swarm of bees flew over and surrounded Josh. At first he panicked, throwing up his arms intending to swat at them.

XmYg1Gr.png
    But then his military training and experience with the hives they had in Evergreen Harbor kicked in. He stood very still, trying not to agitate them. It worked! They flew away after a few moments.
    "Whew, that was close! I didn't get stung even once."
    "You're lucky, that didn't always work with the bees we kept."
    "I know, worked now though, that's all I care about."

9U7Scuk.png
    "Now, about your comment that I'm always flirty. It's true, but there's a very good reason for that."

Uqz5KsQ.png
    "I'll admit the falls might be enhancing the feeling now, but it's you that makes me flirty, you, just you that makes me want you 24/7. You've had that effect on me ever since you were just a schoolgirl with barrettes in your hair. I love you, it's as simple as that Beautiful."

bHl6pTQ.png
    zH13rTV.png
    "Shall we? There's no one around, it's just, you, me, the falls and the trees. And this convenient bush I might add, just in case you're worried someone might see us. Although I don't know who or what, maybe a monkey?"

tr1Dvih.png
    *gigglesnort* "You crack me up Babe, get in there old man, I'm not getting any younger and you talk too much!"
    "Woo, ohhh yeahhh, my kind of woman, Sassy!"

p2hVc60.png
    It might've been just their imagination, but the falls seemed to 'sing' even louder as they spent time in that bush having a bit of fun. Or maybe it was just their howls of shared pleasure making it seem like it.

l79hPwr.png
    "Anybody out there?"
    "Nope, coast is clear, you can come out now."
    "Just a minute, I can't find my panties."
    "That makes two of us. I think I saw a squirrel run away with mine."
    "A squirrel? Really?"
    "Yeah, gathering nuts for the Winter maybe?"
    "What!? But your undies don't have any nuts in--"
    "Not now...HAHA! I'm kidding, it's just a joke Beautiful. Get it?"
    "Oh my Gawd! JOSH! What's gotten into you?" *gigglesnort*
    "Nothing, but I got into y--"
    "QUIT IT! HAHA!"

kOcGg6u.png
    "Ready now?"
    "Yeah, but my gut hurts from laughing so hard!"
    "Hehe Sorry. I think those falls made me a little goofy."
    "You're always goofy."
    "And always flirty, don't forget that!"
    *gigglesnort* "Gah! Don't get me started again."
    "Alright, let's try to be serious. My turn with the machete. Let's see what's behind that arch."

wknFonJ.png
    "Wait! What's that sound? Do you hear it Babe?"
    "No, all I hear is those falls singing. I bet that's what you hear."
    "No, no, it's a buzzing and it's getting louder."
    "Maybe you got a stick or a leaf stuck in your ear."

CwrYTyk.png
    "AHHH! It's fireflies!"
    "Fireflies? Why would you be scared of those? Oh! I see. Use that spray we bought!"
    "If this works, I'm going to kiss that vendor."
    "There will be no kissing of other guys, understand?"
    "Okay, just a hug then. Here goes!"

E9mKlqh.png
    "It worked Babe, they're leaving! Thank Gawd!"
    "Excellent! I guess he did one thing right then."

QUgCdhw.png
    "You know I'm obligated to kiss him now, right?"

5MpaJrd.png
    "No, you're not. We're just even now, cancels out the bogus bug spray. Nobody's getting kissed or hugged by you but ME!"
    "Okay, okay, you're right."
    "I'm always right."
    "No, you're just always flirty and goofy...and a fantastic lover!"
    "Ohhh yeahhh!"

h0JgRR4.png
    "A couple more whacks and we're in."
    "What do you think is back there?"
    "I don't know, but we'll see in just a sec."

ZreSvTu.png
    "Whoa, look at that Babe. It's incredible!"
    "It sure is."

EmCmhBw.png
    "More vines to get by, but whatever is behind that must be very special."

tjhOjlt.png
    "Less yakkin' more hackin', let's go! My turn!"

mLZN6qQ.png
    Beyond the arch was an entrance to a very special place. They'd found the fabled Omiscan Sacred Temple of Selvadorada! Josh and Essa grabbed each other and jumped up and down laughing like a couple little kids.

"We found it! Oh my Gawd Beautiful, it's the temple, the dang temple! This is what my parents came to find. I can't believe it!"
    "I know! I know! We did it Babe! Let's go see if we can get inside. Do you think there's any treasure in there?"
    "We're about to find out!"

To be continued...

Have a great day/night tomorrow! <3
    Update 344 - New Grandbaby

3dDjEi5.png

By the time I had time to play yesterday, I was far too tired to log in, so here's a photo I keep meaning to post but kept forgetting. I triggered a pregnancy for Rowan and Willow, and I guess my pregnancy lengths are on normal right now because I noticed a baby in their house so Jules popped in to meet her grandson. The game named him Brock, but I'm not sure if I like it or not, I'm open to suggestions :) Also @Karababy52 and @SoulGal7, yes, that was Wolfgang, and I totally knew that, not sure why I accidentally called him Malcolm :D

Hopefully I can post a proper update later today!
    December - Day 15: "It's not about the treasure, it's about the hunt!"

Le9mSZG.png

Notes
    iONhPz2.png
    The couple noticed a tree with some kind of colorful berries on them they'd never seen before, so before venturing inside the temple, Josh harvested them to take back home for the garden.

ZG6tH3U.png
    Inside, their progress was blocked by a channel full of murky green water one would need to swim across to get to a stairway beyond which led deeper into the temple. Rather than risk a nasty rash from swimming in it, or a disease from swallowing the ancient waters, the couple decided to try using their magic to transportalate to the other side. Of course it worked.

The next level down they found a gateway blocked by beams of electrical charges, and what looked like ancient puzzle traps to solve which might release the beams when activated. Josh examined a set of bowls on pedestals, each with a different glyph image, one of which when filled with sand might clear the way. The problem was, which one?

TeW9nw9.png
    Essa examined a tower of blocks with the same kind of glyph images. She would need to figure out the right images to stack in line with each other and pull the lever to see if she had the right sequence.

qys2rna.png
    Josh figured out that none of the bowls would clear the electrical beams, so the trap Essa was examining must be the key. She lined them up in the most logical sequence and pulled the lever! Success! The electrical beams disappeared and they could pass and progress deeper into the temple.

TVw1q9T.png
    They came upon a staircase that seemed to go down at least three levels. They could just barely see the bottom, so rather than walking down them, they again transportalated using magic. I'm SO glad they are still Spellcasters!

DPES4vo.png
    Just one puzzle trap was on this level, one they had not seen yet. It looked like a pedestal that would be activated by stepping on it. But that seemed too easy. What was the solution for this one? They bounced ideas back and forth between them until deciding the images looked like each one represented a different emotion.

One of the images included what looked like a small bunch of teal blue berries.

"Hey Babe, I have an idea. Maybe those berries we found are the key. What if they give a different emotion when you eat them, depending on the color?"
    "Hmm, it's worth a try. Here, eat one of these and see what happens Beautiful."
    "Alright, here goes!"

Essa ate one of the berries and immediately got a flash of inspiration. Was that the right emotion? I guess there was only one way to find out. She stepped on the platform and...

dTSuj8t.png
    ...it began to glow and sink. When it was level with the floor, the fire blocking the next entrance disappeared in a puff of smoke. They'd done it!

"YES! YES! YES!"

It seemed Essa had received some kind of blessing for her achievement too. A tiny Sun began to shine above her head, shining it's rays down upon her. She felt warm and energized as a result. How long would it last? (2 days)

Beyond this archway was yet another one. Just how deep did the temple go?

dBGvmNv.png
    From what they could see between the electrical beams on this archway, the room beyond held the treasure they sought. Just two more tower traps to decipher. This was it! Would they be successful one more time? Or would they fail, possibly be cursed and leave empty handed after coming all this way. Or...one or both could be killed by the traps deadly mechanism being activated.

However, the trap Josh examined seemed to hold the key to let them pass without incident. He lined up the images and holding his breath, pulled the lever...

W8Wdxlq.png
    Success! They'd solved every single puzzle without any dire consequences. Any treasures that lay beyond was theirs for the taking!

qiRug3n.png
    "Wow Babe, look at this room! The walls look like they have flakes of gold in them!"
    "I know, gorgeous! And those skeletons are covered in jade and jewels! Too bad we can't take one of those back."
    "Why can't we? We could try transportalating one back to the rental, maybe?"
    "Worth a try I guess. Let's see what's in those chests first."

1pDLuOJ.png
    Essa opened the first of three chests in the treasure room which revealed a few valuable trinkets and a couple things covered in centuries of dirt, dust and grime. They would need to be painstakingly cleaned on Josh's archeology table first before discovering exactly what they had in their possession.

p9tH2Qx.png
    Josh opened the second chest which held a variety of the same things found in the first chest.

TyjKRtL.png
    However, one of them must be extremely valuable since it shimmered and shined despite being covered with ancient soil.

jMRqWsg.png
    He also was given a blessing from the spirit of Balampalsoh and a few coins filled his pockets!

RlyyG2G.png
    There was one more treasure chest to open. This one looked more fancy than the others. They hoped it would contain some kind of vast treasure or artifacts. Indeed it did! Along with valuable relics, more artifacts to clean and coins, Essa pulled out a magnificent plate made of solid gold covered with ancient writings and rare jewels!

2Jcr4fg.png
    Josh pulled Essa into a warm embrace followed by a kiss to celebrate their good fortune. Afterward they placed all their treasures on the temple floor and used a spell to transportalate them back to the rental for examination. Finally, one of the bejeweled skeletons was also sent to the rental before they left the temple.

jA5Qhjp.png
    Instead of transportalating themselves immediately back to the rental, Josh and Essa walked back to the first area beyond the entrance gate and investigated one of the archways they'd bypassed. Walking through it, they discovered a pond with crumbling ruins within. After they were there a few minutes, Josh realized it was the very same place he'd saved a woman's life from the jaws of a crocodile when on a mission to find her decades ago.

They decided to stay and try fishing again. Perhaps they'd catch something else new to them.

kXPXZLv.png
    "Hey, look Babe, there's a crocodile in the water. I wonder if it's the same one you fought to save that woman when you were here before."
    "I doubt it since my squad killed that one, but maybe a descendant."
    "Oh yeah, that's right. Opps!"

qkxJpWS.png
    "Look at the size of the vine on that ruin! It looks like a tree trunk!"
    "Incredible...wait, oh no, I hear a crackling sound, do you hear it?"
    "Yeah, I do. I hope it's not more of those fireflies."

YH1TRO4.png
    "AHHHH! It's not, it's something else, lightening bugs!"
    "Aren't those the same as fireflies?"
    "NOOOOO! They're shooting little bolts of lightening at me!"
    "Quick! Spray some of that lightening insulation powder at them we bought."
    "Ow! I Ow! Don't Ow! Ow! Have Ow! It! Owwww! You do!"

h7xJmRC.png
    Josh searched frantically through their things for the spray, never letting go of the fishing pole, but couldn't find it in time. It was too late. Essa got zapped by at least a dozen of the electrical insects.

n4NQPR9.png
    She ended up dazed with sparks of energy shooting from her body now and then. To add insult to injury, now the giant mosquitoes were bothering her as well.
    "Shoo, shoo, go away! Dangit! What's next? Maybe we should just go back to the rental."

VwXHtWG.png
    "I don't feel so good." Essa said as a wave of electrical energy caused her body to shiver and shake. "Can you transportalate both of us? I don't know if I can do it myself."
    "Okay Beautiful, hang on, I'll get us out of here."

Josh used the spell to transport them both to the rental and when they arrived...

13BDcvf.png
    He found himself staring at the skeleton they'd sent here. There was something odd about it though. Was it the fact it didn't have a spear? Odd enough, but no, something else...it was moving! Perhaps just swaying in the wind? A good explanation, except, there was no wind.

And then...it smiled! The skeleton was alive!
    (What the...?)

To be continued...

Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all are having a great day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Aww, so cool Rowan and Willow now have a Son. I can't think of any names at the moment for him, however, I do like Brock if you decide to keep that name. No worries about the mix-up with names for Wolfgang and Malcom. I've accidentally posted the wrong name myself once or twice. I think. So glad Jules got to meet her new Grandson. I love the cute little onesie he's wearing too, did Grandma Jules knit that? Just curious. :)
    edited December 2021
    @permanentrose -
    Congrats Grandma Jules! Well, I have a few suggestions...since Rowan and Willow are Irish names...Finn, Liam, Tiernan (means little Lord), and Brendan.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member

@SoulGal7 ,
    Than you for your comments :) Yes, paintings have some part of the story, true :)

--December 5: Henford-on-Bagley: Vow Renewal - Anniversary Party - Part 2
    Haha, Glad they managed to save the piano :) Great party anyway, so many sims there , glad to see all. And yes for woohoo, haha I do remember that their first honeymoon that did not really worked out :p

--December 6: Henford-on-Bagley - Animal Farm
    Very cute first pic :)
    Im glad it was nothing serious with Wolfie :)
    Aww, nice from Melody to give the seeds :)
    And looks like both of them get along with their animals just fine :)

--December 7: Travel to Del Sol Valley - Starlight Accolade Award Ceremony
    Great evening in gala, and congrats for both for winning! :) Lovely pictures from the boardwalk :smiley:

@Karababy52 ,
    Thank you for your comments :)
    Hehe, I will not spoil anything, so not telling :p Only that the last picture, or actually last Greg pics, captions are meant to be one long sentence, so Greg did not had any ahaa-feeling in that last one, or he did not said just thst "WHAT!!" , it was just that he was "going to find out WHAT" :)

-- December - Day 10
    Love the first pic, so romantic <3
    And the second pic under spoiler , awsome!!
    And overall great peaceful, romantic night in there :)

--December - Day 11
    Haha , "poor" Josh, so much baking :p
    Good job Josh , doing the buzzer shake to Malcolm :D Malcolm, shame on you not to foresee that :D
    Haha at the Malcolm's whispering to watcher :p Poor Josh :D Malcolm finally succeeded to scare him, twice :D
    That bug is a bummer what happened with the pie!! Really Josh should of at least get the ribbon! Well, thank you Debug :)

--December - Day 12
    Absolutely stunning first picture!! <3
    Aww.. lots of hugging with Teddy and Bluebell :)
    Ollie looks so clever there :p Nice picture with the kiss :)
    Hey , Josh, you better give Buster more water, he is all over soap foam still :D
    Haha, loved those hip bumps :smiley: And hilarious last pic of Malcolm :p:joy:

--December - Day 13:
    Aww, Selvadorada! :)
    Great from Sam and Samara to take care of the pets and farm :)
    Haha, hilarious chat with the market vendor , but even that they did not yet get the machete, they had nice time in the bar :)
    Lovely pic, them hugging in that pier.
    And to the jungle.. oohhh!! Josh's parents plane, this is getting interesting!!
    Nice angle in that bridge picture :) And yes, hey dudes, walk for awhile, do not use magic to everything, you miss certain points of the trip if you just teleport to every place :p

--December - Day 14:
    Bugs and bug, those they will see in the jungle, alright :)
    And NOT a surprise they had to try that bush too :p
    YAY they found one of the temples :smiley:

--December - Day 15:
    Haha, cute first pic :)
    I love all those traps in the temples :smiley: Thy had good luck there and great treasures :)
    Great pictures where they were fishing and there was the croc. Oh bummer, bugs again.. and now meaning bugs bugs, not bugs in game :p
    Ohhh!! That skeleton is interesting!!

@permanentrose ,

--Update 341 - Scenic Shot
    Very beautiful shot of the waterfalls :smiley:

--Update 342 - Just another day
    Once again, beautiful first pic :smiley:
    Nice selfie with Sophie there :) And Jules, it is not that bad if those birds did not enjoy your singing , other birds will, I am sure of that :)
    Good to see Emmett and Pickle having fun, and immortal Pickle is best :p
    LOL that gossip with Agatha :p

--Update 343 - Finchwick Chicken Fair
    Haha, hilarious first pic :p
    I sort of like the picnic basket still :) Sure we can use inventory, but I like the basket actually be there :) I don't so much mind that it is not in ground version, but sure would of nice to have both :)
    YAY for the first place in contest!! :smiley:

--Update 344 - New Grandbaby
    Congrats to Rowan and Willow :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top