Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Returning to The Sims 3! Super Excited!

Sul sul, Simmers!

I'm Luna, I used to use these forums a lot in high school waaay back in the day as candyheartsny. I've been playing TS4 since its debut, but I've honestly just gotten tired of it and realize it doesn't bring me the joy that I used to feel simming. So I've decided to go back to The Sims 3 and I'm really excited! I thought I'd post and hear what's up in other people's games right now! Are you playing a legacy? Going on world adventures? Exploring a dystopian future? I want to hear it all!
Happiness is always just a plumbob away.

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Welcome and enjoy being back in Sims 3. I make up my own stories and post in the creative corner as well as in the 'what happened in your game', sims 3 thread.

I love your "Happiness is always a plumbob away."
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Hi @lunasysims . I've just recently came back to 3 on a similar situation to yours. I have been playing challenge after challenge, as that's my favourite way of playing. Atm i'm playing a prettacy legacy challenge. It's a regular legacy challenge, with the same kind of normal generational gameplay, in which i started with the ugliest sim i could make and wait to see how my last heir will look like :lol:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Forget to say my latest heir is a singer so i'm exploring showtime ep gameplay for the first time ever. I'm enjoying it a lot!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I too like challenges and story telling and BUILDING! I never bought into Sims4 after finding that it wouldn't have the color wheel and textures. I did try the free game play, but wasn't interested in the trait limitations that seemed much like the old sims 2 way of boxing sims into categories. I really like the mix of sim traits in sims 3 and the way there are so many different aspirations or LTWs. And even then, the sim isn't really defined by the LTW.

I've currently been building lots for an English world - Ackney-upon-Sherne, which is based on a Riverview base world.

Welcome back to Sims 3 gameplay. I hope you enjoy exploring it more.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Welcome back to the one true game <3

Currently, I am building, building, building! I am just now learning how to make roofs that don't look ridiculous and trying out different ways of decorating and building. My current save is in a small custom world and I am enjoying making lots for it and seeing what I can fit onto a tiny map. It's so fun and I am OBSESSED with it at the moment :D
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2021
    (blows whistle) New/Return player(s) in the house! Everyone line up for the hazing ritual! :p

We will jeer at you, point and laugh at your sims, make you do silly party games while blindfolded and carrying an egg on the end of a spoon in your mouth...okay, no we won't do any of those things. But we're here to help with your games, if needed. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • bookwormbeautybookwormbeauty Posts: 31 Member
    @lunasysims welcome back to Sims 3!! I am attempting a legacy family, although I have a family with 9 kids, and it's a touch tiring to keep up with everyone. LOL. Although my teen had a great prom and was announced prom queen! She has her crown on her shelf.

I feel like a Sims hazing should be carrying out that green diamond over your head for a few days....
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited November 2021
    It's always great to see someone coming back to Sims 3 and feeling delighted with the game all over again. There's often a crash though, usually when the player realizes how many issues the game has. Most of them are entirely fixable though, so if you run into something that doesn't work, or just doesn't the way you want, please do ask for advice.

I'm currently playing rotationally for the first time, and it's very different from what I'm used to. I'm about 60 weeks in and have played most of the households in town, and I may or may not let some of them loose to be managed by NRaas StoryProgression going forward. I'm also trying to get better at building, which never happened in my first decade of playing, nor did it ever happen with Sims 1 for that matter.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Welcome back to the best Sims game.

I'm currently playing a second generation sim who is a professional photographer, adventurer, and travel writer. Of course he can't really be in more than one career at a time, so he's self-employed as a photographer, and with no travel book option, I'm using whichever one fits the title he's working on each time. He's currently using the mystery genre to write about Queen Hatshepsut's secret. His wife is also second generation, from a different, long ago save, who I added to his world for him. She is a master acrobat with the clumsy trait.

He grew up in Hidden Springs, and is now living in Moonlight Falls, but thanks to NRaas Traveler, both worlds are still connected in one save, so he can go back to visit his parents and siblings, and chat with them on the phone. Also thanks to Traveler, he is able to travel to many different worlds for his photography, not just the WA ones.
  • D3xt3r249D3xt3r249 Posts: 12 New Member
    As someone who came back after a year or so, welcome back!
    I'm doing "challenges" but with completely arbitrary rulesets that [b]can and will[/b] be broken.
  • lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks! :D Storytelling is always the best! I'm always impressed by people who are able to craft such elaborate narratives for their Sims!

@texxx78 That sounds fun! I think most players unintentionally do a legacy style game play anyway, though I usually never make it past gen 2 haha. I'm super excited to explore EPs in depth that I haven't really dug into before. Showtime looks like a lot of fun!

@ciane Thanks so much! :) I made a Sim last night but had some technical difficulties that will hopefully be resolved today lol I think TS4 has some cute features, but they're largely superficial. I can't think of more than two or three moments in six years that I actually felt intrigued by what was going on in the game. it was always a huge chore to try and make anything worthwhile happen. All my Sims just did the same default actions, and the interactions we can choose use most of the same animations and have no real impact on the story. I didn't mind living without the color wheel but now that it's back, I never want to live without it again lol

@StephSteb Thank you! :)<3 I agree, it is the superior Sims title. Roofs are always such a challenge, it's a good thing we don't usually have to look at them in gameplay lol. If it's not a square or L-shaped house, my talents quickly dwindle. That does sound like a lot of fun! making worlds in TS3 always seemed difficult to me though because of having to place the rabbit holes?

@igazor hahah thanks! I've been playing for 18 years, so I think I've earned an exception from the hazing ritual? :p

@bookwormbeauty Thank you! And 9 kids, holy cow! I usually start to feel the strain at 3 lol. That's so cute though, congrats to your teen prom queen. Having to carry a plumbob around for a while would feel a bit sanctimonious, sort of like I'm carrying a torch to the Olympics hahah

@puzzlezaddict Thanks so much, I will! I have played TS3 a few times over the last few years, so I'm definitely no stranger to its imperfections. I have the nrass mods I need to conquer the biggest issues and gameplay has been pretty smooth for the most part. Rotational gameplay sounds cool, I've always intended to do it but usually just wind up sticking with one or two households per save. 60 weeks is a huge accomplishment though! Ah building, I think I'm okay at it, but I realized the best way to enjoy it is to just have fun and let it be weird lol

@IreneSwift Thanks! That sounds lovely, I love how diverse his background is. And a clumsy acrobat sounds like a fantastic Sim to play haha.

@D3xt3r249 Thanks! I love that - if I ever take on challenges, I also tend to just use them as a loose concept and make up my own rules along the way.
  • lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    Oh! and if anyone could kindly tell me how to change my profile pic on here, that would be great. I haven't used a forum since around 2014 and it shows hahah
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    You have to upload a sim and then, on your "my page" you click on the pencil in the top right corner of your avatar to edit it. The auto options are default avatars, but clicking on that box will give the option for custom avatars.

If you use Zinda's free Upload Image Changer before uploading your sim, then you can replace to sim pic with any image.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    lunasysims wrote: »
    Oh! and if anyone could kindly tell me how to change my profile pic on here, that would be great. I haven't used a forum since around 2014 and it shows hahah

@lunasysims, you need to click on the cog wheel that's located next to the search box up top on the page which then brings up a drop down box that will have a menu of options listed in it, you want to click on the Preference button which then takes you to your preference page while you can adjust your site settings ans change your profile picture at.

Hope this helps...😀
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @lunasysims Welcome back to The Sims 3! :smiley: We still have a pretty active community here and everyone is so wonderful. <3

For me these days I mostly do storytelling with my Sims. Have been for 5 years now. It's been so enjoyable, especially to get back into writing. Combining my two loves into one thing. :blush: The link to my blog is in my signature where I keep all my Sims stories. :)

Occasionally I'll play a random save for fun, maybe post a little about it, and also create new Sims or do some makeovers and share. Head on over to the "What Happened in your Sims 3 Game Today?" thread and share away! We'd love to see what you'll do returning to TS3. :smiley: Have fun!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have Sims 2, 3 and 4. I love Sims 2 & 3, like Sims 4. I enjoy playing 4 but lose interest quicker than when I play 2 & 3. So much more depth to the sims in 2 & 3! I started a new game in Sims 3 with a couple in Appaloosa Plains. They are adventurers and I am planning to send them to Egypt exploring as soon as they settle in their new home. Eventually I plan to have them buy a farm. World Adventures is one of my favs! Whenever my sims in 4 are watching Action channel on TV with the firefighters and the tomb explorers, I get the urge to return to 3. Looking forward to playing, but life has been crazy so haven't had the time as yet. When I play I want to really be able to spend time with the game so I can truly enjoy it!
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited December 2021
    Welcome back @lunasysims - In my game my Sim almost got robbed. She has an alarm but the thief almost got away because she was leaving as the police woman was walking up the walkway. So I adopted her to make her change her path in life. She kept heckling my Sim.
    I gave her a good head start by teaching her some skills, gave her the tablet, and sent her on her way. She moved into a house in town and almost immediately got married, but before she did that she got a job as police :D Happy Simmin

edit: The Sim I am playing went back to Uni to finish getting her degree.

One of the other Sims families I play with a 5 star painting celeb took on a boarder from Egypt.
    He is soon to go back to Egypt and my original Sim will continue on his pursuit to finish the tournament and get his title of Grand Master. He has one more level to go.
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2021
    I recently tried to play the Sim4 again, just for a break from building, and wow was it frustrating. At least my Sims 3 dog knows how to use the elevator. :smiley: Welcome back to Sims 3!

In my current Sims 3 game my Sim decided to get all the university degrees but is also taking breaks to pursue her dream of an art career (4 degrees so far). She hopes to paint each WA world (and a few tropical worlds), once she gets a bit more money.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited December 2021
    Welcome back @lunasysims! I tend to rotate in and out of all of the games I play and recently came back to TS3 because I wanted to try out farming for the first time. I had been playing 6 founding families rotationally and nearly all of them have gardens. But I had never played any of the farm content with chickens, cows and horses. My current families are generation 3 with the 3rd generation being toddlers.

So for the first time in a very long time, I created a new family (couple). I've never used money cheats (i.e. using the cheat command) but I role played in my head that THIS family was a rich one who was moving to town. They showed up with 1,000,000 simolas and bought a huge house/farm (downloaded). Their last name is Walton and they just might be related to the RL Walton family who owns Sam's Club which explains their wealth. What is not widely known, is that the father Dean Walton apparently is continuing to increase his wealth by dealing with a shady purple character that gives him 100,000 simolas on a regular basis.

Oddly this family had their first children which are twins, my first twins in this game. I've never chosen the reward that increases multiples so it was a complete surprise! The twins just became children and they will start to help with the horses and other farm chores. I think eventually they will have a pretty large horse farm with lots of very valuable horses. The first one won their first competition they participated in.

So what are you going since you came back almost a month ago?
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • ModernDayM0zartModernDayM0zart Posts: 20 Member
    Always fun to go back to Sim games once in a while. Sim 4 is alright, it's semi open world but it lacks the open world of 3 and personality of 2
  • SannahSannah Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m currently trying out the New York World, currently living the poorest part of town, being a firefighter. One bedroom with 6 room mates. :) its so much fun. Also installed the vector mod so dealing with sim pox at the moment.
  • JustinRideJustinRide Posts: 16 Member
    I've been rebuilding some lots from the sims 2 Console in The Sims 3, i love doing rebuilds! That's pretty much what I've been doing recently! :D
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    lunasysims wrote: »
    Sul sul, Simmers!

I'm Luna, I used to use these forums a lot in high school waaay back in the day as candyheartsny. I've been playing TS4 since its debut, but I've honestly just gotten tired of it and realize it doesn't bring me the joy that I used to feel simming. So I've decided to go back to The Sims 3 and I'm really excited! I thought I'd post and hear what's up in other people's games right now! Are you playing a legacy? Going on world adventures? Exploring a dystopian future? I want to hear it all!

I'm trying to settle on a save in 3 myself though I've been playing the same save in Sims 4 for almost a month..... on a long lifespan, which is a huge change for me, as I usually stick to Normal, with added days via a mod. I know I can edit the age span in 3 but I'm not sure if I want to, which is why I keep loading up, then quitting.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited January 2022
    @HillyBeth
    You can change the age span at any point during your gameplay.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Right now I'm just trying to get my game installed to my new pc. I set up a post about it.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything