Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch Speculation 2021(Story Progression Patch Now Available)

1235...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The hair was previously supposed to come out December 1st. They pushed it back by a week.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Tomorrow the Story Progression Patch releases!!!!

yay!!!
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Tomorrow we also get those loft windows.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    edited November 2021
    I promise, I will not attach anyone to my TT post in future because the most of people and media post my message as their own. It’s not fair because they base on someone else’s research.

Post edited by Sthenastia on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    32 minutes and counting!!!!
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Patch is Out
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    300 MB downloading
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited November 2021
    That's basically how the memory system worked in the Sims 2 and I adored it. It was especially good for storytelling of the premade Sims cause back then the Sims team actually went through the effort to make their back stories match up with their memories and left some mysterious hints.

I liked the scrapbook in Sims 3, but I do think there was a lot of logic to the TS2 memory system that's underappreciated these days.

Like, this is a small thing, but every TS2 sim-- whether premade or our own creations-- automatically had a preexisting memory for "woohooed for the first time" if they already had a child. It's so ridiculous that it makes me laugh out loud every time I start a new TS4 family, and a couple with three biological children gets a new "woohooed for the first time" interaction.

I didn't play with the premades that often, but it was always kind of interesting to look back through the memories of some of them and see who their first loves were, who had a closer relationship with one parent vs. the other (e.g., which one taught them to walk), which sims used to be friends and then grew apart, etc.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    That's basically how the memory system worked in the Sims 2 and I adored it. It was especially good for storytelling of the premade Sims cause back then the Sims team actually went through the effort to make their back stories match up with their memories and left some mysterious hints.

I liked the scrapbook in Sims 3, but I do think there was a lot of logic to the TS2 memory system that's underappreciated these days.

Like, this is a small thing, but every TS2 sim-- whether premade or our own creations-- automatically had a preexisting memory for "woohooed for the first time" if they already had a child. It's so ridiculous that it makes me laugh out loud every time I start a new TS4 family, and a couple with three biological children gets a new "woohooed for the first time" interaction.

I didn't play with the premades that often, but it was always kind of interesting to look back through the memories of some of them and see who their first loves were, who had a closer relationship with one parent vs. the other (e.g., which one taught them to walk), which sims used to be friends and then grew apart, etc.

I agree that the sims 3 memory system was okay but my heart will always lie with the Sims 2. I would die to have that level of detail and lore in the Sims 4. It was great the stuff they would hint about in the premade's memories. You could make a lot of assumptions about the characters and the way people think of them.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited November 2021

I agree that the sims 3 memory system was okay but my heart will always lie with the Sims 2. I would die to have that level of detail and lore in the Sims 4. It was great the stuff they would hint about in the premade's memories. You could make a lot of assumptions about the characters and the way people think of them.

Honestly, for me the best case scenario would be a memory system with the visual appearance of the TS3 scrapbook, but the bones/functionality of the TS2 memory system.

Yea I remember they had a memory that they kissed a mystery sim for the first time.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'd totally take Sims 2 memories back. They were perfect as they were and didn't bloat up the game.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'd totally take Sims 2 memories back. They were perfect as they were and didn't bloat up the game.

Except for the whole corrupted game thing if you deleted a sim that other sims had memories of.