Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Integration Issues

I understand things get rushed, and things get overlooked. It happens. But there are some real issues with integrating the packs to work with each other. Some examples:

Cats and Dogs with Cottage Living: Why on earth don't the Pets chase off the Foxes? Seriously. Why can't we have the Dogs (and Cats) "play nice" with the Rabbits?

Realm of Magic and Island Living: Scrubaroo doesn't work on the trash piles and flotsam? Really?

These are just two that bug me the most. (I don't know if Dogs and Cats will attack Dust creatures, but the in game Rumba keeps the house's floor cleared of Dust ... most of the time).

I'm sure there are other players that have other pack integration issues that I am not aware of because of different play styles.

Will Specters chase off Wild Foxes? Will Friendly Foxes chase off Specters?

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    That and incomplete systems that lack a lot of pack content. It makes the game very superficial.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited November 2021
    When I read the title I assumed conflicts, but yeah, I wished the packs generally had more cross play and integration. It isn't bug level, but it can be annoying that they left out this or that.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited November 2021
    Realm of Magic and Island Living: Scrubaroo doesn't work on the trash piles and flotsam? Really?
    Allowing cats and dogs to become pet familiars for spellcasters is one of the few examples of cross pack gameplay in TS4. All the more frustrating that Scruberoo doesn't clean piles of pet hair or the pets themselves. As usual, the developers had a cool idea, but didn't think it through the end.

More weirdness: Vampires are supposed to be immune to the cold, except in the snowy neighbourhood of Mt. Komorebi, which is apparently so cold that even the undead are at risk of freezing to death on a hike. Of course the developers can't be expected to always think of every little thing, but I still wonder how that could happen. Did they reinvent the wheel with the temperature system for this pack, or why do the same old rules suddenly not apply anymore? It's not like them to do something new when they could just recycle something old...
    Post edited by GrumpyGlowfish on
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, those are some great points. This might be harder to accomplish, but I really wish they could make it so some university degree program's "core curriculums" were adjusted if you had certain packs...like making acting a core curriculum class for a Drama degree if you had Get Famous for instance.

Then there's all the little things that seem to get left out of Get Together's club system options, with plenty of new pack activities getting overlooked as possible club activities.

I think the one that personally bugs me the most is how the "spooky spirit" holiday task can still only be fulfilled by talking to ghosts, not aliens or vampires (like it actually says in the description), let alone spellcasters. You can carve pumpkins from the spooky pack to fulfill it too, which is nice, and tbh I haven't really tried doing seances or others actions from paranormal (but I don't think that works), but what about maybe using vampire powers or using a cauldron also counting? There's so many "spooky" packs now, but the spooky spirit thing is still so limited. (Also, please unlock all the costumes from different packs for the "wear costume" task please.)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited November 2021
    Sceance clubs... i would love to have those. I actually bought the paranormal pack with that in mind... it was a disapointment that sceance is not a club activity...
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Stormchasers are afraid of thundersnowstorms in Mt. Komorebi when they are inside a building. I made a bug report about that one. I wish they would pay more attention to things like these, though I guess they are easy to forget and miss, but still...

Lately I also played in Strangerville with a spellcaster and you can't use scruberoo to clear the vines from bathroom. I think it would be nice to be able to do that, though I guess the Mother could be immune to magic.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Dogs can chase off foxes in Cottage living. They just have a chance to fail, unlike human sims who will succeed automatically.

In the Extra Life livestream they showed the flowchart. (Cats don't get interactions with foxes because they realized they weren't doing anything interesting with them. I would have loved it if cats and foxes had a chance to fight or befriend each other.)

That said, interpack integration is generally lacking in Sims 4, and I'd love it if they expanded on it more in the refreshes or just in general. (Knitting and cross stitch should stave off the "idle hands" moodlet for the maker trait, for example.)
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    The EPs are so expensive, Maxis should do a better job at integrating them.
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Dogs can chase off foxes in Cottage living. They just have a chance to fail, unlike human sims who will succeed automatically.

In the Extra Life livestream they showed the flowchart. (Cats don't get interactions with foxes because they realized they weren't doing anything interesting with them. I would have loved it if cats and foxes had a chance to fight or befriend each other.)

That said, interpack integration is generally lacking in Sims 4, and I'd love it if they expanded on it more in the refreshes or just in general. (Knitting and cross stitch should stave off the "idle hands" moodlet for the maker trait, for example.)

I wasn't able to get my Dog to do anything with the Foxes. I'll give it another shot. Thank you

• ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Repairio can't work on washing machine and clothing line from laundry day too
    Scruberoo didn't work on kid, toddler and pet. Can't clean kid mess. Can't clean potty. Can't use on animal shed.
    Potion didn't have retail price
    If mermaid could change weather, spell caster should too.
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I can use the fireball spell (whatever it's called) to blast the Vlad statue to nothingness, but can't even damage the Mother?
    Cats & Dogs - how come only cats are seen roaming around BB , and then only if you live in the world? I have yet to see any with a visiting sim. How come BB is the only place? Surely cats and dogs are not so near extinction that only one neighborhood/world has them. They appeared freely in all places in TS2 & 1, so I know it's technically possible.

In general, unless an item/activity/creature is location specific (no dolphins in Oasis Springs) it should be present/functional in all.

Perhaps not an integration issue, but why are tuna - a deep ocean fish - catchable in waterholes & streams far inland? There are probably similar miscues.
  • SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    The one place where this bugs me is with club activities, holiday traditions, and now likes. New skills and activities from packs should definitely be added to these whenever a new pack comes out, but... they aren't, or if they are, they're not complete.
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 123 Member
    The lack of updated holiday traditions is frustrating. I love the holidays function but there’s so much more I would like to do with it. I wish the traditions of the pre-made holidays (such as lottery and new skill day) were accessible without mods. Similarly, why don’t the costumes from all the packs work together? Why are some easily/readily available for spooky parties but not incognito costume parties or the holiday costume tradition? Why can I change into some with the platform from GF and not others? This has always bothered me.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited December 2021
    I can only assume that it's because there are so many packs that have been released for the game and all packs need to be able to work with all packs, or just the base game.

I played a bit with a Servo from DU a couple of months ago and I realized the things that they must have gone through to make it work with old packs, you can sing karaoke with it for example.

Just another problem with keeping a game going for so long.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited December 2021
    I recently cured a mermaid because mermaids are not able to use bath soaks from spa day. I love that feature to give my sims a plus 2 happiness moodlet while taking a bath. I think this is because they have a special animation to take a bath where mermaids show their flippers and the devs weren't able to create another one for bath soaks.
    The lack of updated holiday traditions is frustrating. I love the holidays function but there’s so much more I would like to do with it. I wish the traditions of the pre-made holidays (such as lottery and new skill day) were accessible without mods. Similarly, why don’t the costumes from all the packs work together? Why are some easily/readily available for spooky parties but not incognito costume parties or the holiday costume tradition? Why can I change into some with the platform from GF and not others? This has always bothered me.

I really like the fact that clubs are updated for new packs and was disappointed that this never happened for holidays.

Another good opportunity would have been strangerville. It would have been nice to have some special options for plantsims or aliens. The fact that vampires can get infected by drinking blood from a possessed sim is a nice touch.

I also would like to be able to make servos rainproof (not necessarily waterproof, just rain). Playing servos with seasons installed makes me worried about the safety of servos. And umbrellas can't be used at all times, for example when collecting.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The pack integration is horrible every expansion feels like a mini game you really don't even get to experience major features of expansions if you're not playing in the world be it ocean swimming strays apartments and so on.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Ararine wrote: »
    Repairio can't work on washing machine and clothing line from laundry day too
    Scruberoo didn't work on kid, toddler and pet. Can't clean kid mess. Can't clean potty. Can't use on animal shed.
    Potion didn't have retail price
    If mermaid could change weather, spell caster should too.

Scruberoo is available on sheds and dirty livestock, but not until they are in their max dirty state.