Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think Gamepacks will be limited to Refreshes now

I think they'll limit Gamepacks to Refreshes now with major new content coming to Expansion Packs. I think the Sims 4 is in it's waning years. Their already working on The Sims 5. Even if this game last 2 more years I suspect they will just refresh the Gamepacks we have with fresh new content rather then use them for a totally new pack.

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    If you're right, I'm not necessarily opposed to this. Sure, I would love new gamepacks but if they fix the ones we already have, I'd be happy with that too. I wouldn't mind it if all the packs got refreshes.

Don't get me wrong, I still want other packs as well but it wouldn't bother me.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Even if Sims 4 is in its waning years we should get at least 2 new game packs. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    At least one a year. I wouldn’t like to have only pack updates. 😩
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited December 2021
    Is there a particular reason why you believe that @catloverplayer ?

It's possible that refreshes and updates will replace some packs for the coming years, but I hope not. If their new production schedule for 2022 will be the same as they did for 2021, where they are making less packs, and more kits and updates, then I'm most likely are not going to play the game as much during 2022 either.

But they have to go into full production for the sims5 at some point, and I'm not sure that they have enough people to do that without reducing the content that we get for the sims4. So I'm fine with that if that's the reason.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I wouldn’t be opposed to this. I feel like a wide variety of content has come from the game packs already and if they continue to improve each one that would be nice. I’m looking forward to bigger ideas being implemented into the EP, and then I hope we still get SP.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hm. It isn't impossible, but I don't really see any actual evidence to back it up either. They themselves said once more many years again. We'll see, though.

I do doubt they'd completely drop the potential of paid DLC for free updates, though.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Hm. It isn't impossible, but I don't really see any actual evidence to back it up either. They themselves said once more many years again. We'll see, though.

I do doubt they'd completely drop the potential of paid DLC for free updates, though.

More packs is nice, but people who are just getting into the game must find it daunting to complete the whole collection as there are so many packs already. I think it's nice that they release free updates, hope they release more of them. It might also be an incentive for people to buy the packs they don't have.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    That would be awful seeing as we're missing SO MANY OCCULTS.

That would be the main problem with this approach. If they did one or two more new occults in GPs, and the rest are refreshes or updates, I would be a little disappointed, but it would be ok.

I guess it depends on the over-all mix. If they did something like 2 EPS a year, one new GP, one GP refresh, a couple of SPs, and several kits and free base game updates, that would be pretty decent. If a full year is limited to something like one EP, one GP refresh, one SP, and a bunch of kits... well. That would be deeply unsatisfying. Anything less than that would be absolutely the end of the line for me.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I honestly think EA doesn't really know how to grab the TS4 future. Covid probably did not help, but there has been way less information on major stuff, mostly just on small stuff like patches and kits. Might be a bad thing that simmers no longer know what to expect. Hopefully EA will put together another timeline map soon.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Simguru Ninja's Twitter banner is of Granite Falls so maybe OR is the next pack update.......
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member

The Simsguru said they need to spend more time & effort on next occults, I hope they're not telling lies.
    If no more GP, then they may add those occults in the GP refresh?

Werewolves==>Vampires
    Fairies==>RoM
    Zombies==>Strangeville
    Imagine Friends==>Parenting
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    fae_brass wrote: »
    Simguru Ninja's Twitter banner is of Granite Falls so maybe OR is the next pack update.......

That would be great!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    edited December 2021

main occults people are asking for
    (me included)
    = werewolves,fairies and dragons
    could make one fantasy themed ep tbh

let's not forget they used to do everything in eps before we had gps and whatever that ts3 store nonsense was
    other than those they should refresh the existing occults
    and they could always add some occult to literally any pack theme just name one im sure theres occult to go with it

then again i don't see reason to get rid of gps at all yet
    stuff packs maybe as they have started pushing stuff in these kit things now too

+ id really rather they update old ones to be similar quality/quantity to the new ones than make more new stuff packs
    (same goes for similar gp themes just update the old ones dang it)

and in all honesty i still feel like what the game really needs is more gameplay though
    in this way i also would prefer to keep gps over keeping eps
    because eps are big yes but tbh not all that efficient in terms of gameplay

sure theres some gameplay elements too grand for gp
    that i would probably love to have so in those cases yes ep would be right

but in most cases ep just feels like if you have a cake the gameplay is just the cake topping while the cake is made of cas,b/b and pretty worlds and aesthetic additions

which well in my opinion at this point of game where game is getting kinda stuffed and bloated with items...
    should be complete opposite

cake should be the gameplay
    aesthetics should be the cake decoration

and yes perhaps that is more likely to happen in form of gp than ep

or so i feel like anyway
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Is there any hint towards stop creating GP's or is this only a theory?

Some of the game packs are my favourites among the DLC. I considere several GP more essential for my game than a couple of EP so I would be disappointed if GP would be abandoned.

This would be my main point of concern if GP stop. I hope we can still get detailed occults at some point, and not just superficial ones like mermaids.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2021
    I think we'll get a game pack around February some time, before the EP we know is coming (likely not 'til the summer).

We seem to have gotten them at that time rather regularly.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    I wish the next game pack to be an occult. I need my werebeast and zombie. :'(
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    If EA are struggling with the effects of Covid and their staff working from home, how will this new strain affect the release of new packs.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,594 Member
    I don't see how it would affect game pack releases. I think COVID + TS5's development is going to hinder pack development as a whole and we will get less gamepacks (along with other kind of packs) compared to past but that's going to affect all packs not just game packs.

The Pack Refresh is mostly to update old dlc content (flesh it out more) and justify a price increase to get newer players to purchase it. Some spit & polish on old things to compensate not being able to pump out as much as they used to.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Presumably they'll only do refreshes of packs that don't sell, as it'll prompt sales. I wouldn't expect refreshes of their triumphs.
  • verkay123verkay123 Posts: 14 New Member
    When is the new roadmap for The Sims 4 coming?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2021
    verkay123 wrote: »
    When is the new roadmap for The Sims 4 coming?

Probably in the new year. I expect they divide these by the fiscal quarter so they can indicate patch content in it. (This is related to SEC regulations for publicly traded companies.)

As to the refresh not new theory, pretty sure they're not going to stop an income stream just for a free-update stream. If a new concept merits the GP size of pack, not a smaller or larger one, then I'm sure it'll end up a GP still. I'm just glad that there's enough income coming in from these packs to enable the free updates to older ones.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    I wish the next game pack to be an occult. I need my werebeast and zombie. :'(

wolves
    fairy's and zombie's :'(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    fae_brass wrote: »

That would be great!

I hope they would improve dine out or parenting
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Does anything actually suggest that?
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Is it even confirmed that we continue to get refreshes? I remember two live streams ago when this question was asked, all they replied was that they saw that people really enjoyed the Spa Day refresh and although they want to be transparent, they will keep it a secret for now if there will be more refreshes. Spa Day could have just been an experiment to see if the increased sales are worth a pack refresh. Now I don't think they mentioned refreshes in the last stream, maybe I missed something.