Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of your sims prefer plump partners?

2...Next

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    No. My sims rarely to never do that.
    I use Wonderful Whims and randomize their preferences. So I never really choose what any of my sims like. The only way I intervene is I only allow them to marry a sim they find extremely attractive, regardless of their features.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes. My sims sometimes to often do that.
    I do actually. Several of my Sims prefer marriage partners outside the cookie cutter look. I tend to make my own Sims too rather than download the clone Barbie doll/Bratz plastic look so Sims look more realistic to everyday people you would see just walking around or traveling around. Visiting places like San Francisco and New York expanded my people watching skills when developing stories. Reading books inspires my imagination too. I grew up with a very culturally diverse community so curvy Sims of all shapes and sizes makes stories interesting and far less boring.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'd say yes but not because of any conscious thought on "preference". My sims are basically completely blind to body shapes (and appearance in general) and just fall in love with whoever matches their personality/story. I actually tested out a preference mod for a little while and decided it's not for me for I like to keep my options open. Makes for more interesting and unexpected pairs that way. Most sim couples of mine have formed because of some sort of interesting gameplay shenanigans which make for a nice story. The genetics and body shape tend to be completely irrelevant.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I tend to have sims go for personalities rather than looks (a simple makeover can do wonders, even without changing features/figure).

The players, however, go for any attractive sim (of varying shapes and sizes).

Never played anyone who is specifically a chubby chaser though.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    No, if only cause the game doesn't have an attraction system. I use WW but even then most of the time I preselect many of my partners out of habit so it ends up being based on who I find suitable.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Their tests directly reflect my own, which is to say I have multiple preferences.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    I have to admit I think I have never thought or given my sims certain body shape or weight preferences. They just like whoever they like.

This.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Here's my sim's chubby hubby, Robin Oaks. Also famous for great hugs. :)

uk2vUg6.png
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Many of my sims love, love fitness, jogging, juggling, all that gym stuff, but it certainly doesn't keep them from appreciating good looks to them, and I agree. For one, EA has vastly improved their NPC and townies' appearances but I can't get over why a lot of the female figures are extremely full and curvy. I don't like top of the scale sims, they look too unhealthy, so I only give them a slight wt. loss, oh and change their clothes, mercy! :#

I match my sims to the one who will best fit with them, no loves fitness and a loves indoors couples for me. I like that they can go places together and enjoy themselves.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I use the attraction system from Wonderful Whims, which means that some Sims automatically have different body preferences. I don't ever touch it, I just let the dice roll. I have as many mods as I can to add randomness to my game and take away some control from myself, because the joy for me is letting them be who they are, learning what they want, and being surprised by them while I help them try to get what they naturally want. It's a lot of fun to have Sims with all sorts of different romantic (and otherwise) types of preferences and personalities.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited December 2021
    None of my Sims have plump partners because they all "Like" Fitness and Wellness. They regularly work out either at a gym or at home. The Sims they meet also work out.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I'd never date a fat (or chubby) person irl, so I never have my Sims do it either.
    He/Him
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,371 Member
    I use Wonderful Whims so my sims choose who they prefer, it makes it more interesting that way.

@ironknight35 Thankyou :D I guess that rules out half the population. On the plus side us chubby people can appreciate dodging that one.
    I use Wonderful Whims so my sims choose who they prefer, it makes it more interesting that way.

@ironknight35 Thankyou :D I guess that rules out half the population. On the plus side us chubby people can appreciate dodging that one.

My comment was a bit harsh, but I'm just being honest. I'm the type of person that will usually say what I'm thinking.
    He/Him
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    edited December 2021
    Well, it’s not my sims that usually choose their partner, it is me….. lol, as I micromanage my sims. But yes some of my sims ( in my mind at least ), are attracted to different types of sims. Some are attracted by looks, others are more attracted by personality. It all depends on the story in my mind….. I do wish we had an attraction system like the likes and dislikes though, where we could set sims up to like certain things in romantic partners.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Yes definitely. I like to make some cute rotund Sims, especially the curvy ladies. Loving the use of "plump".
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    You guys have given me an idea, something I've never tried before. I think I'll send one of my single male sims to the bar frequently, and just let him run on full autonomy to see which ladies he builds relationships with---whoever he has the strongest relationship will be his girlfriend, regardless of body type or appearance
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited December 2021
    My sims are all of varying body types, and even though I have the naughty version of Wonderful Whims, Ive never thought much to setting weight preferences. I know Ive played sims that prefer larger sims, but Ive never made weight preferences set in stone. If they're attractive looking and I feel that they are a good match for the sim on the prowl, Im going to set it up.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    PS @QueenofMyshuno do you have any ongoing story threads these days? I loved that Vivian Lewis backstory one.

@mightysprite Thanks for saying that--it makes me so happy when people have a connection with my stories or characters. ***doing a happy dance*** I am working on something now that is a complex and newly invented society played through the sims. I decided to not post the stories for now, though, because I was stressing myself out with trying to get stuff out on a regular basis (even though nobody else cared when I posted, I was just putting that pressure on myself). So I'm happily and quietly writing a bunch. I may make the gameplay into a challenge that I post online eventually. I'll definitely share more stories eventually, as well. Thanks again for your comment. :smiley:

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Sims4 sims don't have preferences though, do they? Except what we make them appear to like by making them do romantic interactions?

In Sims3, by contrast, they do have attractions of their own, so there's something to discover, and I enjoy the fun of that discovery without interfering to choose a love interest by how they look. It's far more satisfying to follow where things lead rather than marching Sims through life like puppets.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited December 2021
    Sims4 sims don't have preferences though, do they? Except what we make them appear to like by making them do romantic interactions?

In Sims3, by contrast, they do have attractions of their own, so there's something to discover, and I enjoy the fun of that discovery without interfering to choose a love interest by how they look. It's far more satisfying to follow where things lead rather than marching Sims through life like puppets.

Probably the best thing about this game is that we don't all have to play the same way, though. ;) In my game, for example, sims do have preferences, whether I assign them via personalized mini-games of my own devising (as part of my process in crafting stories) or after noticing patterns that some sims have, and which seem to have no explanation (at least not by existing game mechanics). In the latter case I allow sims to "write themselves" to some extent (when I notice those patterns), and I follow their lead in bringing their stories together.

Edit: Added a missing word. Silly word, hiding from me like that.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I would love to have more diverse bodyshapes, I made sims who are "normal" weight (not overweight, not thin or sporty) but unfortunately they seem the hardest to keep that way, I wish there was a "lock bodyshape" function or losing/gaining weight/muscle would simply be harder....
    even vampires gain/lose weight and muscle, which they shouldnt imho.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

RavenSpit wrote: »
    I would love to have more diverse bodyshapes, I made sims who are "normal" weight (not overweight, not thin or sporty) but unfortunately they seem the hardest to keep that way, I wish there was a "lock bodyshape" function or losing/gaining weight/muscle would simply be harder....
    even vampires gain/lose weight and muscle, which they shouldnt imho.

Yep, that sucks. I downloaded some mods that stop my Sims from gaining/losing weight and muscle. My Sims stay exactly the same way that I made them in CAS. I don't know why we don't have options for this.
    He/Him