Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite game pack

Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos

What is your favourite game pack 176 votes

Outdoor Retreat
3%
BluegaylecatloverplayerGlimmer50SheriSim57FlapSeashoreLiviaamber_ilumire 7 votes
Spa Day
5%
jeLlyBeAn1573loubyloulouLeccajoRN1414SERVERFRAAmapola76Kellogg_J_KelloggReaganboganj_nelly 9 votes
Dine Out
9%
Isb917ScrapdashCynnasimgirl1010OnverserjoleacomusteniHearts4uMareahHopeyStarrEvilyn_1007birdonawiremrs_starkeyGlacierSnowNushkajpsulsuldagdag 16 votes
Vampires
25%
Sara1010PimhappyjustChrisUkhaneulAnmirlaMagdaleenaJeansoobarracuda1574DarkLady2788TorietaydevFelicityemereBabykittyjadeGracieO312annaliese39adele_katEvaliynAineSheepiling 44 votes
Parenthood
19%
Akl500Palexspoom13StormkeepxMintxoJessiYautjagirlKhrisstynebixterssnoepjes1210LatinaBunnyAngelEb95AstroAlphaFFrogChadSims2pandie00ScobreJon the WizardZazazaSimmerBreazonaxMarianx 35 votes
Jungle Adventure
8%
MartinvSchantalChampandGirlieEmmaVaneDoloresGreyOldeseadoggeMDianaSimsEA_Marinetney52DaWaterRatEnnaelChildrenofhurindominoes007PhobostimeHavenRose 15 votes
Strangerville
6%
elanorbretonncisGibbs02alanmichael1AncientMuseEnkiSchmidtCeridwenRedShoe7CattyBetsyRouensimsHandelTwinkiesLAKateLynne 12 votes
Realm of Magic
13%
CK213bshag4lvPlayerSinger2010luthienrisingMindofyashcrash19cyncieKarababy52MasonGamerLouciferAugustoAtreya33Madachan88SimsQueerSiggDiggitfavrielEliasVersaceEternalSunshineArarineThe_Great_Cabal 23 votes
Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
2%
Mizzila1297PeralEllupelluelluElliandreSimsJedi 5 votes
Dream Home Decorator
5%
Monet11g01denswanpammiechickfiercephoenix91sillyangel0906Flikka_FlikkaSallycutecatZoeyevesterBerryCHUbefchi 10 votes

Comments

• SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Dream Home Decorator
    This is the only game pack so far that I like every feature it offers. I had to really consider Parenthood, weigh up the pros and cons before deciding to get the pack, but Dream Home Decorator I wanted as soon as I saw the trailer. The rest of the game packs never interested me. I own only two: Parenthood and Dream Home Decorator.

I don't usually build much in the Sims, but Dream Home Decorator has incorporated build mode into gameplay. It's quite fun to build for other Sims to their preferences and to see the results in their reactions to the rooms. Their wants are pretty simple and they're easy to satisfy which is good. It adds the challenge of designing to what the Sims want without being too difficult. This is what makes the game fun for me.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't have a single favorite. Of those on the list, I don't have 3 (Vampires and Dream Home Decorator are on my "Maybe" list and Parenthood is on my "No-Way,No-how" list). Jungle Adventure and Realm of Magic might be tied for my favorites, but it's hard to tell for sure. I don't play packs as if they're separate games (everything is mixed in with everything else), and I like the content from some of the other packs (most notably Spa Day and Journey To Batuu) perhaps about the same amount as the ones I mentioned.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    There is not 1 favorite pack , there’s a wonderful marriage between all of them. ❤️

Having said that, the game wouldn’t really be of much interest to me if it wasn’t for all the adventure and occult packs. These packs define my “Base Game” (including The Seasons EP).

We’re talking Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Outdoor Retreat, Strangerville & Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, respectively.
    Bring ‘em on Maxis! I need more adventure and fantastical beasts!
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires, realm of magic and Strangerville are necessary for my game. Most of my storylines require one of these packs. I also like Spa day after the refresh. The ability to make money from wellness and the new trait and aspirations really skyrocketed this pack to the 4th place from the bottom it was before.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 168 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out, for sure! The first thing I add in every new world are a couple of Restaurants, that I found in the gallery. There are so many different themes you can have as a restaurant, not just the classic type. Often when I find an incredible lot on the gallery like a Zoo, a Theme Park ect. I set it as a restaurant, so my Sims can have some actual gameplay when visiting that lot. And that way it feels much more alive! :)

My other favourites are
    2. Spa Day. In every world I play there must be one or two incredibly beautiful Spa's. They too are often not the classic (kinda boring) Spa Buildings. Instead, I often use a lot that had a different purpose in the first place and change it into a Spa. Like the Restaurants, I use Spa's a lot, specially in vacation worlds! I don't like a Spa to be very closed up. I like it more, when the Sims can enjoy their massages ect. surrounded by nature.

3. Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure, because they have great family vacation and honeymoon worlds! And the build- and buy objects are just *chefskiss*

4. Parenthood because I love family gameplay!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Dine Out
    I think vampires is best made, but I use Dine Out the most
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Realm of Magic
    That's a tough choice, but I am having the most fun with my sims when I am playing magical sims.
    I don't play magical often, but it is fun when I do.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Parenthood
    I think this pack added the most for me, although like others have said; all the packs add something nice to the game.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Strangerville
    In terms of most played Dine Out, Spa Day and Parenthood win - a restaurant visit here, a soak bath there and "set table" is critically important to lure sims to dining tables. Batuu and RoM are my newest GPs, so naturally I played them more often this year than I will do later on, when they're no longer new and shiny.

Then I made list, pretended I had to uninstall all GPs except for one and started crossing out the ones I'd miss the least. In the end Strangerville was left. When I start a new I love the atmosphere and the many ways we can make the rather simple and open story our own. But it's certainly a different experience from the other packs, that integrate more seamlessly into everyday gameplay (even Batuu).
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Realm of Magic
    Interesting, the field is pretty spread out. I love all of them, but the one that's nearest and dearest to me is the RoM. Most of my sims are spellcasters, being transformed both by MCCC and by the magic realm. Too boring playing regular sims. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I don’t know if I can separate them out like that. I mean, I don’t play “packs.” I play Sims and each pack has added something unique to my game. In my current game ROM’s world and flavor is dominant, but that’s not always the case.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Dine Out
    I just select the pack I'd miss the most if I didn't have it. My sims own and operate two restaurants plus a lot of my gameplay revolves around dining out.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited December 2021
    Vampires
    I literally wouldn't know what to play with if i took vampires out of my game i use it for like everything from build to cas to gameplay to just world to place anything in

and tbh i doubt id even be still playing ts4 if vampires and seasons packs didn't exist for it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited December 2021
    Vampires
    As much as I like my Spellcasters, I like Vampires even more so I had to pick Vampires as my #1 Pack. I think that Vampires are more of a challenge to play than Spellcasters. I wish Vampires had some perks that were more similar to some spells in the Mischief and Untamed Magic categories.
  • SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
    Batuu! Shouldn't be a surprise with my username. I was able to get rid of so much CC and mods. I haven't stopped incorporating it into my games since it released, whether I'm playing a Star Wars save or just using a build/CAS item or two.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I can't decide between Realm of Magic and Parenthood, because they call to different sides of my game.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    edited December 2021
    Dine Out
    It's actually hard to pick a "favorite" because I own most of the game packs and I love and use all of the ones I have.

But some of them only get used a lot in specific saves. For example, Vampires and Realm of Magic are most used when I'm playing with my vampires or spellcasters. Whereas, "Dine Out" gets used in pretty much all of my saves because nearly all my sims eat at restaurants at least once in a while.

That being said, "Vampires" and "Realm of Magic" are the two packs I'd be unable to give up, since doing so would cause me to lose many of my favorite sims.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    It still is jungle adventure for me I get so much replay value from the pack, it never bores me and I love everything about the world, bb items and cas items
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Strangerville
    I thoroughly enjoy all the packs, but I absolutely love the build stuff (doors, windows, columns, etc) from Strangerville. With the addition of Peacemaker's add-on cc pack, I literally use all of those build items in just about every one of my homes. Needless to say, I really enjoy building houses in the Victorian/Carpenter Gothic/Gothic Revival type of architectural styles throughout most of the worlds.

Plus the hot desert world is awesome with the added bonus of the town being somewhat grungy. Great for apocalyptic hermit types... who still want to live the good life high up on the plateau in that fancy schmancy gated community overlooking the town. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I love having magic in my game. Realm of magic is my favourite of all the DLC of sims 4 and is essential to my game. Some spellcasters are very active in using magic and brewing potions. Other spellcasters live very ordinary lives but I love the idea that they have a magical nature. I also enjoy the art nouveau furniture and am pleased this pack furniture for different rooms like bedrooms, living rooms, study,... . I love that style and created a home with it last week.

Some other favourites are jungle adventure, strangerville and dine out. And depending on my mood, even batuu.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor Retreat.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2021
    Outdoor Retreat
    I like several of the packs, but honestly outdoor retreat is the one I use most, I use the tents, ice chests, tarps, tree stump seats, and weenie roast fires all the time in parks, pools and other public lots. Some of my child sims collect insects, my gardeners grow the plants that come with OR and a couple of my sims practice herbalism, one sells the herbal treatments. And the Granite falls is a beautiful area to tske vacations…… I do wish they would add swimming to OR and being able to visit Granite falls as a day time trip, like you can do at real national parks. Also, owning a lot there would be nice.

I love Silvadorado too, and it is a great companion to outdoor retreat. My archeologist uses the tents, ice chest, chairs and things in the jungle. I really wish we could live in Silvadorado though!

I also like Parenthood, Dream home decorator ( love the wall units in that one! ), spa day, and Dine outs. The other once’s are nice too, but these things I named are my favorite ones.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Parenthood
    I chose Parenthood, because I am a family/legacy player who places a lot of importance on family relationships. I think this game pack adds a lot of depth to overall family gameplay. I love the parenting skill and how it adds more interactions between parents and children. I love the added values like manners, responsibility etc which give you extra traits once your sims turn into young adults and help you shape your children into the adults you want (whether good or bad traits). I frequently use items from this pack like the journal or doctor play set to help children/teens increase their character values or help them through phases. I love the phases like rebellious, picky eater, clingy and the bear costume phase when parents can wear a costume, too, to support their child. When the child brings home a school project, the whole family can simultaneously help which is a cute family activity. Although there are other nice game packs, I think this is the one that adds most to my current play style.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Spa Day
    Well actually I have a few favorites. They are:
    Spa Day for the Wellness skill that gives the Leveling & Transporting abilities
    Vampires & Realm of Magic has Powers plus I love the dark world & green world
    Jungle Adventure & Outdoor Retreat gives ancient historic stuff, plus the worlds are beautiful
    Strangerville & Journey to Batuu is so perfect with my Get To Work Aliens
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Realm of Magic
    I have fun with all the game packs, they all have something in them that I find enjoyable. But the game pack I've played with the most is Realm of Magic. Other top contenders would be; Vampires, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille and Outdoor Retreat. Honorable Mention - Journey to Batuu. I love a lot of the build/CAS items in the pack and the Resistance camp area is gorgeous! I just haven't played it enough yet to form much of an opinion on the gameplay. The lightsabers are really fun to play with though!

However, if we're going by the pack I've used the most items included, my favorite would be Outdoor Retreat! I use all the portable camping stuff constantly for my Rags to Riches Sims, the world is gorgeous and I use the cloud/stargazing feature a lot to get inspired and make friends! :)