Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    When I tell my Sim to travel and time keeps passing while the map’s loading. I just wasted about 3 in-game hours that way. 😡
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited December 2021
    The fact that sims won't sit tf still, they always have to be in a room with one another. It infuriates me to see sims walk halfway across their house just to sit on the bed or a chair in the room that another household member is in just to eat their lunch or drink a glass of water. Or the fact that they refuse to sit at the dining table, but insist on sitting in the lounge room three rooms away because the cat or dog is asleep on the couch. :neutral:

Edit: A minor one, but when they decide to light fires in the middle of summer, in a heatwave. Mind over matter in that one I suppose. >.>
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Saw this on reddit, but yeah, I do this every. single. time. When I'm building, I always think the dining room icon is a desk and click that instead of the bookcase, which is a dumb icon for what normal people would use a room for.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Saw this on reddit, but yeah, I do this every. single. time. When I'm building, I always think the dining room icon is a desk and click that instead of the bookcase, which is a dumb icon for what normal people would use a room for.

Oh, I never thought of that! I can see how it might be confused, but I always just assumed the bookcase did represent a study/office because my own study has more bookcases than desks in it. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Although I have an indoor swimming pool what my sim can do in it is restricted when the weather outside is freezing (all options greyed out except Swim Laps)
    The cake is a lie
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    That when my Sims travel they have to pick a venue in a neighborhood instead of being able to travel to the 'plaza' part of the neighborhood. I have Chez Llama in one of the neighborhoods and it's the only place I can visit to get to the yard sale. So, there my sim is, dressed in formal wear to buy someone else's junk. Yes, I can change them to another outfit, but why should I have to.

Also, that Sims don't change out of their cold-weather clothes when they are inside.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    That there's too many meaningless friendly socials which repeat the same animations and only manage to clutter the menu. I know there are mods to alleviate this.. and I might soon try one because it's getting more and more irritating to fiddle around in the menu trying to find the interaction I actually want to use. I dislike it how many of these interactions only have a different text flavor but otherwise don't do anything, sharing the exact same animation & function with so many others.

That, as far as I know, I can't switch existing sim's occult status in CAS. E.g. if I have some family saved to the library, then I bring them to CAS and want to make one of them an occult. No can do. Instead I need to make a new sim, basically re-creating them from scratch. Yes, as a workaround one can just immediately turn them occult in-game with cheats/mods but I just don't understand this CAS limitation.

That the game really wants me to use high-chairs to feed toddlers. Like you click the fridge or the toddler, select "give food" and it always whines how "high chair required" instead of giving you an option to easily hand them a bottle or something (like in previous games). But the high chairs are made of fail and the whole operation can get excruciatingly slow and messy. I've had several occurrences when the todd almost starved because the slow and stupid sims then started fighting over it and kept autonomously taking the kid off the chair, then putting them back. Seems like the best way to feed your sim kids is to just drag plates on the floor (or their inventory) so they can just feed themselves.
    Trying to do cooking activities in the Upper Crusts, I'm tired of being told off for "cooking" because it's "inappropriate".
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited December 2021
    Rouensims wrote: »
    The M/travel key being right next to the rotation keys. I have never intentionally used the M key, but I hit it accidentally every single play session.

Same. That and F1 when you're building in a lot you're not visiting with a sim. UGH!

My sims are always walking through walls instead of doorways and archways. Sometimes they even get stuck in a room like 'help! I can't leave the room' if the unlocked door bugs out on me.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    Trying to do cooking activities in the Upper Crusts, I'm tired of being told off for "cooking" because it's "inappropriate".

I got tired of this as well, so I ended up changing the Upper Crusts's meeting place at a park with a kitchen in it and worked out fine. I just looked for a park in the gallery that included a kitchen.
    JDubtx81 wrote: »

I got tired of this as well, so I ended up changing the Upper Crusts's meeting place at a park with a kitchen in it and worked out fine. I just looked for a park in the gallery that included a kitchen.

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to do this myself as well, like I know it's a bug, but it was fixed. So I guess it must have broken again during a patch or something. Either way, it's irritating that you can't use a feature of a pack because of a stupid "stop being inappropriate" prompt. Like my sims can't tell guests to stay away from the stove, when they're over at my house. So why are NPC's allowed to tell me off??
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Agree with the one about high chairs being a nightmare trap in which toddlers can starve because adult Sims keep taking them out, putting them in again, taking them out without feeding them, over and over.

But one thing that annoys me that I haven't seen others mention is that wood-fired stoves can't be used to heat the home. So I build a hunting shack and it has a wood-fired stove. I have to put in a huge fireplace too, not 10 feet away?! Madness. At least the off-grid, wood-fired stoves, should have the option to function as heat sources too. Maybe only if used off grid? But they should have the option.

Also, shouldn't sims be allowed to put a kettle on or toast anything they can toast at a firepit, at the fireplace too?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to do this myself as well, like I know it's a bug, but it was fixed. So I guess it must have broken again during a patch or something. Either way, it's irritating that you can't use a feature of a pack because of a stupid "stop being inappropriate" prompt. Like my sims can't tell guests to stay away from the stove, when they're over at my house. So why are NPC's allowed to tell me off??

I seem to remember this was deliberately added a few years ago.

The only way I have found to get round it is to give sims the Always Welcome reward trait. Costs about 500 aspiration points and then your sims can cook, have showers/baths and sleep when visiting another sim's household.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    When I don't notice someone kicked the trash can over until I see a Sim jumping up and down on cockroaches.
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    What is really annoying me about the game is the bug where the male sims have a feminine walk, jog, and celebrity walk style. I am unable to play the game because of this. I think it started with the July patch and hasn't been fixed yet. I know the team is aware of the issue, but they said it turned out to be more complex than they thought. Hopefully, this gets fixed soon and other bugs as well.

The only way I have found to get round it is to give sims the Always Welcome reward trait. Costs about 500 aspiration points and then your sims can cook, have showers/baths and sleep when visiting another sim's household.

That seems so ridiculous if it's intentional like it basically breaks the club. Especially if you, as the player, have no desire whatsoever to take over the club and change the venue to somewhere more "appropriate". :-/
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited December 2021

That seems so ridiculous if it's intentional like it basically breaks the club. Especially if you, as the player, have no desire whatsoever to take over the club and change the venue to somewhere more "appropriate". :-/

I think the reason given at the time was that were complaints from players that visiting sims were cooking their own meals and using the bathroom, sleeping in beds etc. and so this mechanic was introduced. Sadly, it didn't allow you to set exceptions for family or close friend sims.

It does seem to allow some exceptions such as when the 'invite to stay the night' interaction is used.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    When Rebate Day comes the day after I bought an expensive item. I know, I could check the calendar before buying it, but still annoying.
    The cake is a lie
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    When starting a new game, it's annoying that you can't view or edit the world map unless you move sims in first. Maybe one day, we'll get the option of whether we want to start the game in CAS, or just go straight to the world selector.

This is the thing I absolutely HATE about this game. This is more than a mere annoyance to me. This is the one that will make me drop the sims 4 as soon as something else comes along.

I think the reason given at the time was that were complaints from players that visiting sims were cooking their own meals and using the bathroom, sleeping in beds etc. and so this mechanic was introduced. Sadly, it didn't allow you to set exceptions for family or close friend sims.

It does seem to allow some exceptions such as when the 'invite to stay the night' interaction is used.

But visiting npc sims still use my stove to cook things and plunder leftovers from my fridge. If it was meant to stop NPC sims then it failed miserably. D:
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited December 2021
    I haven't had a chance to read all of the pages here so I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

Something that annoys me is how social topics are arranged in the Friendly category. Most of the topics that appear first are negative. Trying to start a decent conversation with someone my Sim just met, I have to scroll past various types of complaints about things like the weather, the holiday, a movie they just watched, or the food a Sim just ate. They can even complain or debate about Vampires before they can opt to enthuse about Vampires.

So, your Sim finally manages to rack up enough positive social points to ask a Sim on a date. One of the goals of that date will probably be to have a "Deep Conversation" with your date. Will that option be on the first page? Nope. The second page? Nope. Good luck scrolling to the last page fast enough to find it before your date wanders off and your Sim has to chase them down to have said conversation near a bathroom or while they're chatting with Sims seated at another table. (SOS - Dine Out needs help.)

Didn't we get a pack called Parenthood? Didn't it seem to encourage the importance of children growing up to be responsible Sims with good manners? I thought it did but maybe it didn't. Maybe that's why complaining about things are the first topics in the Friendly category. Maybe kids and teens should have the option to grow up and become weirdoes so they can dress up like raccoons and luchadors and wear their clothes backwards. (Or is this considered high fashion now?) Best of all, when they become weirdoes Maxis will give them some of the highest skills in the game and they never even had to go to school.
    Post edited by Monaveil on
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    -Seeing the same few premade sims everywhere, especially if it’s a weird place for them to be. Like Judith Ward wandering around Evergreen Harbor.
    -Similar to my last point, I hate it when I take my young adult sim to the bar to try and meet some friends or a significant other but the only people there are married adults like the Bjergsens, the Fengs, or the Landgraabs.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Lyssandri wrote: »
    Periodically having all of my saved games, library items and mods I've previously deleted suddenly show back up so that I have to redelete them.

I love being able to use the "weed all" and "water all" options in gardening, but really wish there were "fertilize all", "spray all for bugs" and "evolve all" options. It drives me nuts having to go check each plant individually for those things, especially when my Sim has a larger garden.

Not having horses!!!!!

I hate it when my witch club gets together and suddenly it seems everyone's favorite spell is "inferniate" so they keep setting fires. I eventually had to turn the "cast spells" activity option off in order to get through a club gathering without burning everything!

When witches use their cauldrons to make mac & cheese or chili - I'd LOVE to have a way to prevent them from doing that.

I agree whole heartedly, I really want them to remove “cast spells” from the Mischief & Mayhem club activities category, I feel like that’s what causes spellcasters to be destructive in a club gathering. I hate it so much. I just wanted a spell casting club, basically a magical book club, and they would practice, exercise their powers, and research and discover spells together. Collect lore books too.

I was so furious when my Archmage invited his mages to a Feast, the necromancer burnt down the entire library. So right now all my spellcasters do is look for ingredients. It’s so boring.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif