Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @nali272 :)
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member

YaNyMBj.jpg

I will have to admit this was the hardest review I have done so far... I think because the space was one room...but still fun! Thanks for participating.

@JojoMOMSTER - Nice clean-up job of the alley and the studio space, must have been hard work clearing the plaster to expose the brick. The Simstorical society is very pleased with this discovering, but the store owners are not. (hehe) I like how you angled the tv so that he can watch if from bed or in the chair. Akeem appreciates the study space; this will go a long way to getting that degree! The color scheme of the space is calming and should aid him in his ability to concentrate. The balcony plants add a sense of comfort to the space, and it is a great place to secure your bike. The placement of the bath door did not even cross my mind, it helps define the end of the kitchenette. So glad that you kept the size of the bathroom, it will please any future renters. The color is very energizing, it should help perk up Akeem before heading out to class.

@birosetyler - This flat is adorable! The way you set up the floor plan, it seems a lot bigger than it is, allowing for the full-size bed. Your placement of the kitchenette maximizes usability. The bathroom rearrangement is also awesome. The shiplap color scheme is soothing for a student that will be under a lot of stress.
    Akeem’s friends will be jealous when they see it.

@XxXQueenBeeXxX - Beautiful calming color scheme, I like the use of the bunk bed loft and desk combo. Adding the dividing screen to give separation of the bedroom area to the rest of the space is a great option. Cute penguin tv on the kitchen counter. The bathroom if wonderfully decorated. Great use of the cooktop in the kitchenette. And as weird as it may be, I love the positioning of the floor mats by the stairs…lol. The entire space is manageable for a college student's schedule.

@AlJay - It is amazing how you can see a different layout from what I present. I like how you flipped the floor plan. It has everything one would need to live as a student but is somehow spacious. Your take on dingy is still livable, the color scheme matches well with the existing paint. The trashcan chute on the balcony is not something I would have thought about. It is perfect along with storing the bike. I like the calendar and piano art. The bedroom is awesomely big and relaxing, love the bed trick. The clothes drawer nook is lovely. Was that radiator hidden in the wall? Because I did not see it earlier 😉. The bathroom is just the right size for a college student.

@icanhassims - The industrial design is perfect for this studio space and the color scheme has a nice masculine/feminine mix. The faded brick choice is a great idea according to the simistorical society and they will be asking the owners to investigate bringing back the brick into their spaces too… The platform kitchenette is awesome to define the space, I think the round corner counter island is the star…lol. Amazing that you got a 4-person table in the space. Nice curtain divider as the bedroom wall and wall vignette above the desk. The bathroom is simply decorated, which will help Akeem keep it clean. Akeem is going to want to keep this space, maybe by out the other owners, and covert the spaces for college students… It seems that his robotic assignments has been turned into a money maker.
    BTW love, love, love the boutiques and the back patio to enjoy your purchases.

@rayelian6 - Nice patio extension of @icanhassims reno version, sims will love sitting in the space enjoying the purchases. The collaboration of the 2 builds will increase its popularity.
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    thank you @nali272 I liked all the apartments people made also.
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Stack Briefing:

Background - The Stack bought this timeshare property, the previous owners moved out about 1 year 6 months ago and it has been just sitting. The Stacks would love for you to help get the space up to par for personal use and time sharing with others.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHAAA BUDGET: $45,000 Lot size: 40x30 Floorplan: 2 story 3bd 2ba Lot/World I used: Tail's End, Brindleton Bay

Gallery Link: HERE
    Household Gallery Link: HERE

Exterior style:
    Cabin - traditional, Lakehouse, modern or whimsical - must stay an A-frame.

Interior style:
    Cabin - traditional, Lakehouse, modern or whimsical……. Any removed trash, plumbing, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget. If there is already a pool on the property, shrinking or removal count toward your budget.

Landscape Style:
    Whichever goes with the exterior style you selected

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • update the plumbing (there is an out-house)
    • clean up the yard but keep it private.
    • make the space seem airy.

Gallery TAG:#RMHAAA - DUE 11/20

lwOf5sj.png
    NVLitbc.jpg
    kwDM2Ti.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/E4Fx0wB
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you @nali272 for your nice review of my apartment :) I've had the day off today and have really been enjoying working on your new challenge.
    @AlJay you are welcome... and thanks, hoped you enjoyed your day off
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Entry form
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link: The Lakehouse
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to slideshow: RMH - November
    Details: With a gallery cost of $24,931 and the $45,000 reno budget I used a total of $69,900 coming in $31.00 under budget :) I began by clearing away the overgrown areas and removing the trees obstructing the view of the ocean. I chose to lighten up the exterior as well as the interior, giving the timeshare a light and airy feel. I added lots of large windows and sliding doors to take advantage of the beautiful ocean view. I turned the second level into a loft with a murphy bed for guests and added a game table to enjoy by the newly added fire place. I am not sure what style I would say I chose to decorate with, as I kind of went all over the map on this one, lol. This one was a lot of fun, thanks for another fun challenge @nali272
    Pictures:
    Each side of the house
    kq4Tht6.png
    RCHp8Dr.png
    ZK1g2V2.png
    1Nalqmd.png
    Top view
    RwxNVAN.png
    9yvYQEe.png
    AKsOMKF.png
    ZDnOPma.png
    @AlJay how pretty, glad you enjoyed it!!!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    @AlJay that's so cool how you got it to look like wood beams in there. Was it the wall trim tool you used?
  • xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    Entry form
    Origin ID: XxXQueenBeeXx
    Gallery Name & Link: Brown Sugar https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8AF1433C448D11EC858C2E638F0580EA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=XxXQueenBeeXx&max=50&maxis=false
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes please!
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/gallery/hWPBndS
    Details: The lot (3,000) with the gallery cost (63,025) left the Stacks with 3,906 Simoleans.
    Pictures:

gPKzCYO.png

bC4nUdx.png
    @xXQueenBeeXx --Ooo Nice, can't wait to look at it.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    So clean and pretty on the outside @xXQueenBeeXx and cozy on the inside too.
    9Ma7C8N.jpg
    For participating in the RMHAAA challenge…

@AlJay Beautiful exterior redesign, you've added. The roof design on the two outside peaks is beautiful. The sconces are very uniform, the landscaping is very nice all the way around, the addition of the rocks adds dimension. I like the lighted trees that you've chosen and the little play tent for children will be very welcoming for any others who come to use the time-share. I like the little. Picnic camping spot on the side yard along with the ability to collect rainwater. On the other side of the deck, I like to chew carved out of space for being able to do yoga. The poolside area is very quaint and ready for some relaxation. The outdoor living room and dining space adds to the ability to do more as a family outside the balcony lit up. The whole backyard space is just magnificent in the evening, all lit up. Love the positioning and opening of the stairs. The loft holds a lot of indoor entertainment for anyone at any time. The living, dining, and kitchen are nicely designed too, it encourages outdoor activities with its small footprint. All the bedrooms are very spacious. The bedroom for kids is precious. Wonderful, muted color selections. The one for boys that doubles as an adult room are a great idea. The master bedroom and bathroom are very spacious and emit a very relaxing atmosphere. Well, the entire house does. all your custom art again elevates it to the next level. Again, it does not look like you changed the shape of the house, but for some reason, that loft looks bigger. I don't know what kind of magic you have. You said that you didn't know what style you were going for, but it doesn't matter it's all cohesive.
    I had to go back to the original to remember what it looked like…lol. This is a bright and airy timeshare for sure!

5BE3v65.jpg

@xXQueenBeeXx Nice clean-up of the lot, trimming back the trees to get a better view of the harbor. The solar panel and green roofing will help save money and just looks great. Nice softening of the exterior façade and the design inspires complete and total unplugging from the world. Great idea moving the master to the upstairs and great use of the new plant kit. Wonderful floor plan, all of the areas that the family would congregate in is very spacious and entertaining. The kid’s bedrooms are nicely decorated. Love the entry table with vine panels. The kitchen and dining rooms are cute and the living room is perfect. Again nice use of the new plant kit.

4yShywU.jpg
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Storybook Briefing: My inspiration comes from a house that I have seen in an area not far from me.

Background - Nelson and Wanda are entering the next phase of life and are ready to refresh the house to match especially since they are expecting their 1st grandchild. They do have two boys that do not live with them but would love to have them spend time there with the expanding family. The Walsh's have let the maintenance of the house and yard slack and are feeling in over their heads with the list of things to fix. This is a historical storybook house and they must keep the architecture that shows that.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHStorybook BUDGET: $60,000 Lot size: 40x30 Floorplan: 1 story 3bd 2ba Lot/World I used: ________, Newcrest

Gallery Link: HERE
    Household Gallery Link: HERE
    (The boys and there wives are included, but they are not living in the house)

Exterior style:
    Storybook - the front and the sides of the house are restricted from architectural changes but you can add on to the back. You may change the color.

Interior style:
    Whatever you think is the best for the update. Any removed trash, plumbing, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget. If there is already a pool on the property, shrinking or removal count toward your budget.

Landscape Style:
    English - more flowers than not.

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • Brighten up the home
    • Remove the dated wallpaper
    • Keep the family photos.
    • Fix the cracks in the wall
    • Clean up the yard
    • Revamp the bedrooms to be able to host the family.
    • If possible create a master bedroom
    • create access to the back yard from the living room.

Gallery TAG: #RMHstorybook - DUE 12-17
    BbY4MCY.png
    tyBpEAB.jpg
    ExRoDvj.png
    OApy6KA.png
    qn2Nkgw.png
    6vRsiPt.png
    oq0IKNX.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/964uvYw
    Want to know more about this house style? https://www.thespruce.com/what-is-a-storybook-house-5182274#:~:text=Storybook-style houses (also called,fantastical Hollywood set design lens.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you for such nice comments on my house @nali272 !!
    And @xXQueenBeeXx I used spandrels and columns to create the beams :)
    @AlJay always!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    I will be extending the Storybook brief until the 7th of Jan 2022.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    I'm working on mine right now. I'm just tempted to wait until the next update to post it. I'd really like to add some of the new baking decorations.
    Works for me @AlJay - I figured people would be getting ready for the Christmas holiday.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited December 2021
    Entry form
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link: English Storybook Home
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to slideshow: RMH - Storybook
    Details: I cleaned up the yard and created a formal English garden for the front yard but made the back yard more casual for the couple, and added a play area for grandchildren to play in the future. For the house, I extended the bedroom area off the back as to be able to give the couple larger bedrooms and even added a master bathroom. I gave the master bedroom and the living room access to the back yard. I cleaned up the cracks in the walls but still kept the old school storybook style of the the home. I placed the family pictures throughout the home, but it appears as though I may have lost some in the renovation process, sorry. I still haven't got the new update items promised and I got tired of waiting, so the island is bare with no banana bread. Oh well, I'm sure Wanda will enjoy spending some time baking in her new kitchen. Thanks @nali272 this one was definitely a challenge for me :)
    Pictures:
    Front and back of the house
    z0W3ma6.png
    KmOfYcU.png
    top view
    5GarP0D.png
    CpCALcT.png
    Garden
    Fk69rFf.png
    Main living area
    4ql9Ctz.png
    Post edited by AlJay on
    @AlJay it is really cute, cannot wait to download and look at it.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you @nali272 :)
    edited December 2021
    So I bought a new computer and all of my saves are on the old ones... does anyone know how I can get them to my new system? All I have downloaded from the gallery are missing to. I have WIP builds for RMH I don't want to redo. :s@AlJay @rosemow @JojoMOMSTER @Clousinators @DeanXeL
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    That's too bad @nali272 :/ I make sure to save everything I want to transfer and then put all my "tray" items onto a USB and place them in the tray file of the new computer.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello. It is great that you have a new computer! :)
    Go to Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder on your old computer. ”Copy” your saves, tray and mods folder and save them on a USB drive.
    Then go to the Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 folder on your new computer, delete the saves, tray and mods folder that are already there, and replace them with the ones that you took a copy of from your old computer.
    That is if you have already started building on your new computer.