Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you all think we will get another scenario and what scenario ideas do you have in mind?

What new scenarios may be on the horizon and what are you hopeful for?

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Scenario's that can be played with your original save. They said it will come down the line. I would like a paternity secret or love triangle scenario, more gameplay oriented than a challenge for the player's.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Romancing Mrs. Crumplebottom scenario would be fun.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I just want scenarios that are permanent. For the surviving the holidays scenario I understand the time limit but the others should have been here to stay. Now the scenarios feel like they are just a way to push us to play quickly and to post on social media while the scenario is active. Basically creating publicity for EA/the sims.

It would be fun to have scenarios about occults. For example a alien trying to trick a human to marry them / befriend them without revealing their occult status. Or perhaps start with a spellcaster and try to get offspring with an ancient magical bloodline. Such a scenario would require a specific DLC so I don't think it will happen.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I just want scenarios that are permanent. For the surviving the holidays scenario I understand the time limit but the others should have been here to stay. Now the scenarios feel like they are just a way to push us to play quickly and to post on social media while the scenario is active. Basically creating publicity for EA/the sims.

It would be fun to have scenarios about occults. For example a alien trying to trick a human to marry them / befriend them without revealing their occult status. Or perhaps start with a spellcaster and try to get offspring with an ancient magical bloodline. Such a scenario would require a specific DLC so I don't think it will happen.

I feel that is ultimately the issue with scenarios, it can be only basegame because not everyone will own every pack. Base game is pretty limited with what they can do, and I love your occult scenario idea, if they'd update ghosts to like they used to be in ts3, then I'd be all for a ghost themed scenario. Or just ghosts in general.

Thus far, however, scenarios hadn't appealed to me at all so I haven't touched them. ( I do rags to riches, dramatic relationships, many toddlers etc during my normal gameplay anyway, depending on the story I'm telling. So they haven't exactly showed me anything new)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'd love some kind of single parent scenario, perhaps a widow/widower situation where you make both parents and at least 1 child/toddler and then a random parent (I like being a bit surprised) is killed with a random death type (for variety of ghosts) once the scenario starts. Or the first time they interact with the thing their death is destined to be by.

The scenario would end either when all the kids are grown/moved out, or when help of some kind is moved in and befriended the kids enough to take on a parental role. By "help" I mean a responsible household member who would help parent such as the ghost/reincarnated spouse, new partner, helpful friend, servo, parents (once we can start them in existing households) etc.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Too many toddlers was extremely challenging and in the end unpleasant because of how toddlers gameplay is tailored. I had to put several people in the household and assign them to each kid just to keep their needs on a leash.

But I love the idea of scenarios and I think they should cut and paste sims challenges created from the community as well as introducing their own, while implementing original save permanent and few time limited scenarios. They should also offer scenarios that work with certain packs and perhaps offer a base game alternative or scenario selection.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    I think they should add crazy multi layered scenarios that take you through all worlds and destinations. I wish they made the game work were you could get arrested, so you could perhaps get revenge on whom called the cops on you. They have a lot of room to be creative with what the game has already produced.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I think they should add crazy multi layered scenarios that take you through all worlds and destinations. I wish they made the game work were you could get arrested, so you could perhaps get revenge on whom called the cops on you. They have a lot of room to be creative with what the game has already produced.

While I agree, that that kind of drama and consequences would add more fun and immersive gameplay for me personally, it totally doesn't fit the whole TS4 is wholesome, rainbows and puppies with nothing ever bad happening utopia they want the game to have.

Plus, within minutes of them implementing these type of gameplay features (if it was ever added, I mean), You'd have non-drama lovers calling for it to be nerfed even tho they could avoid those situations by not triggering them. *shrug* We can certainly dream about all of the different and dramatic things they could put into the game.