Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new career for a future Get to Work refresh?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
What about Fashion Designer career?

With new objects including the drawing board as reward or the sewing machine plus the skill

prevue.jpg

Mechanic?

With the junk car for restoration as reward and the restoration skill

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I'm hoping we'll eventually get the pollination technician career since it is the pack with literial space aliens.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Game development as a purchasable business.

And definitely cars and mechanics! Maybe sports cars and racers, too?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Fashion designers could do their sketching on the easel. They could add a sewing machine as a reward object. I would love if we could have fashion shows once we design a collection of garments. Hire models, choose venue, decorate venue, invite guests and schmooze with fashion critics.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Fashion designers could do their sketching on the easel. They could add a sewing machine as a reward object. I would love if we could have fashion shows once we design a collection of garments. Hire models, choose venue, decorate venue, invite guests and schmooze with fashion critics.

Why not both? sketch in the drawing board and a sewing machine as career reward.

Plus, introducing the sewing skill from TS2 Freetime
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

Why not both? sketch in the drawing board and a sewing machine as career reward.

Plus, introducing the sewing skill from TS2 Freetime

I would like to be able to hang the sketches on the wall, like paintings. They could give the sketching desk for other activity, car design or something like that. Though, I think I would like to hang car sketches on the wall as well. 😁
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'd be more interested in getting some aspirations for the careers and content that already exist in that pack (like a retail/owning your own business focused aspiration, for example), but yeah new career(s) would be nice too.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I'd be more interested in getting some aspirations for the careers and content that already exist in that pack (like a retail/owning your own business focused aspiration, for example), but yeah new career(s) would be nice too.

Same here. I'd like career aspirations like we had in Sims 2, especially as careers like doctor, scientist and police officer tend to be vocational.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Inventor or bot builder

Pawn shop owner

With vampires, become the Count

Secret Agent as an active career

Astronaut as an active career

Bring back comic books

Bring back self-employment (authors, artists, fishermen, etc) and have the ability to keep track of your progress

New skills with new related occupations
  • SoftballChick_88SoftballChick_88 Posts: 13 New Member
    I wouldn't mind having
    - personal trainer
    -professinal athletes
    Sorry I'm a big sports fan 🙂🙂
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    I agree! I would like to see this come true.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited December 2021
    • Own and manage a private clinic (Doctor career)
    • Freelance Private Detective career
    • Freelance Mad Scientist career hiring Test Subjects (like our dear Nervous Subject)
    • Firefighter career
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    become the Count
    That's a title, not a career. It would require a different system.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif