Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenting skill book level 3 bugged?

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but level 3 doesn't seem to be working for me? My sim is at parenting level 7 (or 8) and she can't read book 2 anymore cause it doesn't progress her skill. But she gets the same issue from book 3. Is book 3 broken or is this how it's supposed to work?
Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Nope, not a bug. A guru answered my post on the subject. It's that way on purpose. You can't learn everything there is to know about parenting from books alone.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    There's a certain % that you can learn from books. So like maybe Book 3 would work if you've gain most of your skills outside of books.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I didn't know there were books.

I only just found out that they can research Parenting on the computer.
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I encountered the same issue, glad to know it's done on purpose. It does make sense that you can't learn everything from books when it comes to parenting, you need some hands on experience too. Books are a good way to prepare young parents before the arrival of a little one though, I'll make sure to use them with my one family that is still expecting. The rest are just diving off the deep end. xD
  • Options
    SimmerMilli89SimmerMilli89 Posts: 8 New Member
    I got all the way to level 7 on the books alone guess I have to go through trial and error could always do a slow baby challenge to get that skill up
  • Options
    Frost8488Frost8488 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    > Nope, not a bug. A guru answered my post on the subject. It's that way on purpose. You can't learn everything there is to know about parenting from books alone.

Well, it was always like that, wasn't it? Each book would get you to level 9 and no more. From level 9 to maximizing to level 10 was only possible if you actually did that skill. So, it makes me wonder why for parenting skill, it's different and your maximum level gained via books isn't level 9 like other skills, but level 7.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I don't bother having my parents read the books. I have found that just in taking care of their babies, Child, Teens, my Sims reach level 10 in parenthood rather easily. So, no, I have not noticed a bug in volume 3. Sorry that you're running into this problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/