Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Refresh - Spooky Stuff

2...Next

Comments

• krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    a ghostbusters job the one in paranormal was lame
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    We don't need a stuff pack refresh... it's a waste.

Why not just refresh 'Seasons' to include many of these things? After all, they basically just threw in stuff from Spooky Day anyway (a lot of the Halloween themed decorations). Plus, I'm pretty sure most people have bought 'Seasons' at this point.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I agree, there needs to be a Seasons Refresh. The devs needs to put in the Seasons Festivals, Igaloos, Bobbing-for-Apples, Hot Chocolate, Snow Depth, Kissing Booth, Hay Rides & Hot Dog Eating Contest. These were always so fun in Sims 3.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2021
    More costumes and costume variants and accessories

A door that looks like a book case or fire place

Candy making skill and spooky themed recipes

More spooky decor

Magic tricks

Candy shop with career option.

Good ideas! There is a door that looks like a bookcase, I use it in community lots sometimes. It is a reward for the spy career, so if you haven’t earned it, it would be under A special category….. career objects, not sure of the cheat to open it.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I like the one in TS2 that's an actual double-sided in the wall bookcase that pivots. Regular part of the catalogue. Hint, hint EA. You did it once, so...
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I would love more spooky costumes, like Dracula, Casper, King, Queen, Prince, Princess, Superhero with Cape, Egyptian, Aladdin, North American Aboriginal Natives & other World Culture & Pop Culture costumes.

Having people's culture as costumes (especially marginalized groups) is not a good idea...
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I agree, there needs to be a Seasons Refresh. The devs needs to put in the Seasons Festivals, Igaloos, Bobbing-for-Apples, Hot Chocolate, Snow Depth, Kissing Booth, Hay Rides & Hot Dog Eating Contest. These were always so fun in Sims 3.
    I love the moodlet Sims get from the kissing booth. 😂

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • ArrojacastArrojacast Posts: 24 Member
    I love the idea of the spooky pack, but almost everything seemed too far out and/or comically for common use, and there never felt like a natural time to transition into a spooky party. Hopefully a refresh would fix that, but I'm not sure stuff packs are strong contenders for getting refreshed...
    Unless it's adding horses to MFP?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2021
    Would like to see dine out refresh more. I want to be able to be the chef, host, or serve like TS2 restaurants, and for sims to stay seated until end of meal, and eat quicker, and option to run off without paying >:)

and sims to sit and eat in the bakery

for spooky
    going door to door for candy would be great. proper candy in the game to

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Just out of curiosity... have they EVER made any additions to anything once it was released?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    AmaraRena wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity... have they EVER made any additions to anything once it was released?

The Spa day refresh was the first one I'm aware of. It kinda opened the floodgates to speculation on updating other packs, especially lackluster ones like Spooky Stuff (which I bought strictly for the Pirate costumes.)
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited January 2022
    For a seasons refresh I'd love :

-Chocolate making machine that kids could also grab a drink from, and gave off a sweet, cozy moodlet. (The hot cocoa that's already in game gives you the energized moodlet you get from regular coffee, and I'm not sure kids can even drink it or if they get any moddlet at all).

-Maple 🍁 trees, with the hability to "harvest" and/or produce Maple syrup, and a new recipe available for Maple Syrup Pancakes. 🥞

-Frozen lakes your sims could go skating and or play hockey in. (I can totally picture this happening on already available swimming spots).

-'Waiting for Father Winter' cookies.

-Recipe for gingerbread man cookies.
    -Something similar as the pumpkin craving station, but something to make gingerbread houses 🏘 🎄

Spooky related :

-The whole tricky and treat system needs to be re done, it's unrealistic and it isn't fun to play with. Available interaction on doors to send kids and teens trick or treating, as well as an interaction for kids to trick or treat at random sims walking on the street. I want to see the kids running around in town on their costumes asking for candy!
    More fun interactions for kids and teens to actually display their mischief skills with spooky related themes.

-Pumpkins from Cottage Living available for craving.

-More integrated supernaturals. Double chances to cross paths with a vampire or ghost on spooky day. Vampires could have a happy or energized moodlet "free drinks tonight 😈 ", "time to visit the village" etc.
    Post edited by Elisdream on
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Costume category in CAS for sure (tho I feel like that should be a base game update)
    More classic costumes like Dracula, Frankenstein, Ghost for both child and adult sims
    Being able to go trick or treating
    cross pack play, besides the pumpkins, maybe be able to knit your own/your childs costume with NK, adding new horror movies to movie night (and the related posters)
    a spooky day festival sounds cool too, could also include a costume contest
    add horror books that make people scared after reading them (also being able to write horror)
    add a horror tv channel
    add horror music station (like more instrumental, classic horror themed than the spooky station)
    Ouija board gameplay object
    add graveyard
    telling spooky stories (sitting in the dark in a circle with flashlight lighting up the face)
    spooky aspiration (could include, besides scaring sims, to read horror books/watch horror movies/channel, throw a perfect spooky party, use Ouija board successfully, spend a night at the graveyard, win costume contest...reward could be "enjoys scary things" so when the sim gets scared it makes them happy/adrenaline rush and they wont have the urge to run away and hide but are rather curious about scary things)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would love some more Halloween costumes too and the ability to go trick or treating.

• ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    edited December 2021
    The only thing appealing in this pack to me is the fairy costume that I will actually need in the future for a storyline with a fairy
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Costume category in CAS for sure (tho I feel like that should be a base game update)
    More classic costumes like Dracula, Frankenstein, Ghost for both child and adult sims
    Being able to go trick or treating
    cross pack play, besides the pumpkins, maybe be able to knit your own/your childs costume with NK, adding new horror movies to movie night (and the related posters)
    a spooky day festival sounds cool too, could also include a costume contest
    add horror books that make people scared after reading them (also being able to write horror)
    add a horror tv channel
    add horror music station (like more instrumental, classic horror themed than the spooky station)
    Ouija board gameplay object
    add graveyard
    telling spooky stories (sitting in the dark in a circle with flashlight lighting up the face)
    spooky aspiration (could include, besides scaring sims, to read horror books/watch horror movies/channel, throw a perfect spooky party, use Ouija board successfully, spend a night at the graveyard, win costume contest...reward could be "enjoys scary things" so when the sim gets scared it makes them happy/adrenaline rush and they wont have the urge to run away and hide but are rather curious about scary things)

These are the best ideas in the thread so far. If EA did this it would push the pack out of 'only worth getting if you have seasons and plan on doing spooky day stuff' and into 'actually has its own purpose and gameplay elements'.

Totally agree about the party outfits needing to be separate from costumes. I also think that if a sim shows up to a location or event that requires a party outfit there's a small chance they'll wear the wrong one. Self Assured Sims can shrug it off, and Childish, Eccentric and Goofball Sims don't care but other sims will get hit by a negative moodlet ('I Thought This Was A Fancy Dress Party... +10 Embarrassed, depending on the traits of a sim this can shoot them into Mortified). Proper and Snob sims may wear their formal outfits on the grounds that costumes are beneath them. Geek Sims in cosplay as a costume can 'Geek Out About Cosplay' with each other. Also, sims showing up in the same outfit should not go unnoticed ('Well, One Of Us Needs To Change' as a angary or embarrassed mood).

I think that introducing Horror as a film, TV and book genre should come with a basegame addition to Likes and Dislikes: genre. Sims who Hate Horror will get the Scared emotion watching or reading horror (2Spooky4Me) and Sims who Love Horror will become Happy or Energised or Inspired by Horror. This could stack with the 'enjoys scary things' reward trait, which has the bonus of being immune to being Scared at all.

The Ouija Board would work well with Paranormal stuff. If that's installed and the sim is in a haunted lot there's a new option to Attempt To Commune With The Spirits Of The House. If it ends up summoning Guirdy there could be an option to say 'I just wanted to say 'hi''

The club system and holiday system obviously need to be updated to include all these things.
    edited January 2022
    I'm currently playing with this pack and here are some things I wish there were included without needing cc:

1. Pumpkin/Ghost basket/bucket for toddlers and children as accessories.
    2. More costumes for children and toddlers.
    3. Spooky clothes options for pets.
    4. Fill the food fountain with spooky bloody punch and eat it with candy.
    5.a Please fix trick or treat so my sim's children can fulfill the holliday tradition (and possibly toddlers too). Add an interaction for children/toddlers to trick or treat.
    5.b Trick or treating could possibly give your sims some candy on their inventories. Maybe even some choco-berries, and caramel apples?
    5.c Friends of your children could call your sim to ask if they want to go trick or treating together. They would show up in costumes on your doorbell as a group.
    6. Mischief spooky interactions. Toilet paper prank on mail boxes. Offer "bitter/spicy" candy instead of normal candy. Throw rotten eggs. Scare using fake spider.
    7. Viewing at scary decorations triggers different moodlets. Playful, and/ or Scared. Toddlers could get a sad moddlet and start crying. Children could get scared more often than playful. Teens and adults would almost always get a playful moodlet.
    8. Different activities to do apart from craving pumpkin. Maybe crafting masks and paper witch/princess hats on the activity table for kids and toddlers to wear, or to tell spooky stories around the chimney.
    9. More options that could be included in the Spooky spirit tradition, such as watching horror movies, confess fear of vampires, buy candy on food stalls, cook spooky cookies and zombie cake, etc.
    10. Ghost could be seen at different public spaces during spooky day. They could autonomously scare or prank at sims on this day. Hehe 😁
    edited January 2022
    add graveyard

I love this idea so much, since I love playing with this feature in my saves! I usually give my sims the "great storyteller" trait, and send them camping to tell spooky stories around the campfire, or wait till spooky day comes to tell spooky stories to their children or friends, but the animations are always a little disappointing... They can't even tell spooky stories if not lighting a fire which it's weird. I would love to see something more according to the theme. I would totally love to send my sims to a graveyard at night and sit them together telling ghost stories with lanterns while waiting for a ghost to show up behind their backs 👻 Whooooohhohh...
    That sounds like the perfect spooky day! If I could pick just a single thing, it would be this.

Great Storytellers would always succeed on this interaction, with a small chance of failing.
    Clumsy sims could flashlight their eyes 😂 and sometimes run without batteries and fail this interaction making others laugh.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I wouldn't want a refresh of every pack. Just the ones that desperately need improving/fixing, and then move onto base game improvements/new packs. Spooky Stuff doesn't really need it in my opinion
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    I want this!!!!!
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please