Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare :)
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Congrats @AlJay !
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 154 - Fall Designer Showdown

@ellejoyner
    DrHt6f5.png
    You have done such a lovely job of designing an industrial styled penthouse for this challenge. The exterior wall coverings that you have chosen match with the apartment building below perfectly and the different level of roof heights adds interest as well. You have created a great outdoor space for sims to enjoy, the hanging lights are especially nice. The interior of your home has so many nice industrial features about it. The entryway cabinet that you designed is very well done, your lighting choices, and all the little details are wonderful. I was happy to see that you even made sure to add the ductwork. The open to below areas of the penthouse look great and the beams are a nice feature as well. Overall, you have done a wonderful job in your design.

Suggestions: Compared to the interior of the home the outdoor area seemed a bit bare. Maybe adding a rug or a few more plants to the large patio area would help with this.

@xXQueenBeeXx
    Zp6sF63.png
    The Queen Anne style that you have chosen for your house is simply beautiful. The roof design looks great as well as the spandrels around the decks. The landscaping is well done and suits the style of the home nicely. It is great that you even thought of adding a garden shed. The interior of the home has a nice layout and you have added so many nice features to make this home seem magical. The basement of the home is perfect for a spellcaster! The dark wood floors, artwork on the walls, kitchen cabinetry, and prepping counter all add so much to this house. You have done a wonderful job designing this home.

Suggestions: Adding curtains to some of the rooms really would have suited this style of home well.

@ForeverTuesday
    jUofYXs.png
    What a fun Victorian Bobo themed home! The bright colors and textures on the exterior suit both the bohemian and Victorian style well. The raised main level and the stone foundation work well together. The curved driveway and large trees make the yard look very nice. The interior of the home is designed well. All of the color choices work well together and with all the clutter items, plants, and little extras that you have added; you have really done a good job of giving this house an eclectic lived in feel. Each room of this home has been given its own special touch. You have done a fantastic job of achieving the look that you were going for. Very well done! It is unfortunate that you were not able to complete the project. I would have loved to see what you would have been able to do with the landscaping.

Suggestions: The only thing I noticed was that there was no toilet paper or towel rack in the half bath. Minor details, but it does give the home those finishing touches. I understand this also could have been forgotten because you ran out of time as well.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @ellejoyner
    DDUZIE5.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    @ellejoyner - Congratulations!
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 155 - Down on the Farm

@bmj97
    LyQ56kJ.png
    The new farmhouse for the Granger family is a nice country home. I like the classic farmhouse look to the exterior. Awesome details in the yard with the shrubs/grass and decorations. Lovely play area for the kids in the back. Nice continuity throughout the house, every room follows the country/farm theme. The yard is big enough for a nice garden for Will while Amelia can get all of her work done in one room. Good job filling the house with activities that don’t require electronics.

Participant asked for no criticisms.

@ellejoyner
    KVshjxM.png
    The Grangers are sure to love their new farmhouse. The placement of the pond provides a nice view from the house and carriage house. Having a mix of modern and farmhouse themes is a good idea for their transition from city to country. Very spacious interior will be a nice change from their previous cramped home. All three bedrooms are decorated nicely. The deck and dock provide a lovely place to enjoy some time outdoors.

Suggestions: Make sure you watch the budget, you went over by about 21,000. Maybe add some debug trees or bushes along the back of the lot to really finish off the outside and add some shade and privacy. Some spots in the home seemed a little bare, adding some window coverings will help the walls not seem so empty.

@Archer_Girl
    3s4beJt.jpg
    Your new farm for the Grangers is going to make them feel right at home. The lot traits will help the children succeed easily. Awesome terrain paint and layout on the exterior, it blends in well with the surroundings. I enjoyed your backstory and descriptions for why you built the way you did. The details in the gardens are a very nice touch and nice creativity adding llamas to the farm. The inside of the home is decorated nicely, country theme while still keeping everything bright.

Suggestions: Roof above the barn is a little weird, keeping the roofing flush with the wall and adding a wall light instead of a ceiling light might give it a more realistic look. A few more crafting items would really help Amelia’s business and give the family some entertainment when bored.

@KitelDesigns
    UyCopvs.png
    The home you created for the Grangers is sure to help them succeed and be happy. It was creative to combine old hobbies with the new for all kinds of cool shop items. Nice large farming fields for many different plants. Large living room will be nice for the entire family to enjoy. The family will enjoy having so much more space now compared to their city home and plenty of things to do. Wonderful views from the family’s patio.

Suggestions: A more consistent theme throughout the home will really bring it together, each room seemed to be a slightly different theme from the last.

@pammiechick
    fV5NpX8.png
    The Granger’s new home is sure to give them the full farm experience. Being able to live off the grid will save them so much money. Adding some animals along with the farm plots will help the family live off the land and give them more things to do without electricity. Good use of woods and stone throughout the home. You’ve added plenty of activities for the family.

Suggestions: While your art selections were wonderful the size of some of the canvases seemed a little too big for some of the spots, sizing them down with “[“ will help them not overwhelm the space.

@MaryKup
    Df8Q7zz.jpg
    The Grangers fit right into the new home you’ve built them. You chose some good lot traits that will help the family feel at home. The exterior of the home has a cute charm. The pathway around the home helps connect all the different areas in an appealing way. Inside, all of the different patterns on the furniture and walls give it a cluttered country theme. It feels like it could be a home for a fairytale when the light hits it right. The entire interior is bright and cheery.

Suggestions: Maybe widening the two paths in the front so the trucks can fit on them, giving it a more realistic feel. Switching out a few furniture items in the children’s room for more rustic ones will help continue with the country theme so the rooms don’t stand out for mismatching the home.

@JojoMOMSTER
    uAYHxPw.png
    Lovely new traditional home for the Grangers. The shrubs lining the front of the house and driveway are a nice way to add detail. Having such a huge greenhouse will help care for the crops even in bad weather. There is plenty of space for the kids to play in the backyard. All of the seats in the living room will make it the perfect entertaining spot. Good use of space in the garage. Nice use of neutral tones all throughout the home.

Suggestions: Keep an eye on the budget, you went about 19,000 over. Making some use of the space in the attic would help finish the home off, maybe a few more entertainment items or crafting items to keep the family busy.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Archer_Girl
    2nd Place goes to .... @bmj97
    3rd Place goes to .... @MaryKup
    bSuEkMz.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@KitelDesigns
    6IsE9Zl.png
    Very nice large kitchen. The white backsplash looks nice as a contrast to the dark walls. All of the counters and cabinets provide tons of storage and surface area. I like the idea of having the stove and oven in the middle island.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @KitelDesigns
    vEEOxbO.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@JojoMOMSTER
    CrXav0g.jpg
    Cute family. I like that you have given each sim their own set of responsibilities. Showing off each outfit while they are using the house is a good way to showcase both.

@KitelDesigns
    uJAbggT.jpg
    The backstory you gave the Grangers is adorable and I would love to hear more. Good job showing off everyone’s outfits

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @JojoMOMSTER
    TxNOV0G.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Congrats @bmj97 @Archer_Girl @MaryKup ! Beautiful builds all around!
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    Thank you so much :)
  • ellejoynerellejoyner Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you so much! I'm honored :-D
  • ellejoynerellejoyner Posts: 25 Member
    Haha - I totally misread the budget for the farmhouse as $150k.. Don't know how I managed that one! Oops :-D
    Thank you very much! I've been feeling kind of low and this is a great surprise!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @ellejoyner I knew it was $120k but I was like a greedy child and refused to give back anything.
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 155 - Down on the Farm

@Zita1966z
    13QyDCb.png
    You have done a wonderful job of building the Granger’s a ranch to get away from the business of city life. The landscaping is beautifully done! The rock enclosed the flowerbeds, pond with waterwheel, pathways, garden, out buildings, and space for vehicles are all well placed and give the farm such a nice look; especially with the trees surrounding the exterior. The wraparound deck is a nice feature for the farmhouse and the large foyer and open concept interior look very nice. Your kitchen is the highlight of the house for me. All the little clutter details that you have added really make it feel like home. You have done a great job of creating a rustic look. It was nice to see each bedroom uniquely decorated and having the rocking chair in the master bedroom with Amelia’s knitting and cross stitch items was a great idea. Overall, you have designed a beautiful farm.

Suggestions: One thing that I would suggest is adding spandrils or room trim to the deck, it would just add that little bit extra to your farmhouse.

@Abelhinha35
    UJXz1kZ.png
    You have created a stunning modern farmhouse for the Grangers! The farmyard looks beautiful. The pool spilling into the pond with a waterwheel was a brilliant idea and I love the way you managed to get the cow, llama, and the chickens into the barn. You even added a tree house for the kids. The interior of the home has a very nice layout. The way that you decorated the home definitely has more of a contemporary city vibe, but the rich brown colors really work well with the country aspect of the home. The bar in the dining area, the slats with plants beside the stairs, all the plants, as well as the other décor items that you have used all look so beautiful together. The children’s bedrooms are arranged well and have many activities for the children to enjoy. The Granger’s should be very happy to live here!

Suggestions: Some of the yard seemed to have a large empty space. Placing a tractor or a vehicle there may have broken that up a bit.

@Jazmi1396
    UqTdibM.png
    What a beautiful Tuscan styled farmhouse you have designed! The landscaping has a beautiful casual feeling but yet the home looks expensive at the same time. You have given the family so many activities to enjoy in the yard. The covered terrace and large decks with vines add to the home’s grand appearance. The interior of the home flows together well and I love that you were thinking of the family’s future when you designed the layout of the home. The large open concept living space is especially nice with the child’s play corner. Having Amelia’s office easily accessible nearby was a good idea as well. You have added so many nice details to this home, making sure to add many crafted items. The children’s rooms look like a lot of fun and are decorated well. The small deck with a separate entrance off the master bedroom was a nice feature as well. Very well done!

Suggestions: I really don’t know what to suggest. It is beautiful just the way it is.

@AfterMidnight
    6zpt5Qj.png
    You have designed a beautiful farm for the Granger family. Your landscaping is very nice and having different areas in the yard for the garden, pond, and place for the kids to play works very well. Having a greenhouse with a patio right beside the garden is a nice feature and it is great that you even added a workbench and flower arranging table inside. The farmhouse has a very nice rustic feel on the exterior and looks great with the covered decks. The interior of the home is well designed for a family and the colors complement each other nicely. You have added a nice amount of clutter items to make the house feel comfortable and lived in, the sunroom is a nice addition. The bedrooms are decorated well, the toddler room is especially beautiful, and having the study nook in the hall is a nice idea. The Granger family will be very happy in their new home!

Suggestions: One thing I would suggest is adding spandrels to the deck. It really adds that extra bit of interest.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Jazmi1396

Cd3bDA8.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @Jazmi1396!
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Congrats @Jazmi1396!
    Thank you very much! ♥

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Congrats @Jazmi1396 :)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations @Jazmi1396 ! Well deserved!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Can someone point me to the Established results for Challenge 154? Or is that one still in judging process?
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @Archer_Girl There were a lot of entries for #154 Established so it is taking a little longer but they are on the way!
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Thank you @pammiechick, @abelhinha35 and @Zita1966z
    edited December 2021
    @Clousinators - thank you! it's wonderful that there's so much participation in these challenges! There's so much talent represented here. I was in a Sims slump and not feeling creative at all and I knew if I popped back in here that I would find something to give me a creative nudge. And it has. I've enjoyed the challenges very much.
    Post edited by Archer_Girl on
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @Archer_Girl I feel the same way, this challenge was here waaaay before I even knew about it and years later its still holding strong. I almost never build anymore (I'm also in a Sims slump) but I always check in with this thread to see other people's creations, I'll probably try building again with the next challenge after Christmas :smile:
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 155 - Down on the Farm

@tatselk
    TSCxhkr.jpg
    This home is nice and roomy, and it contains many useful and thoughtful details. The Grangers should enjoy many lovely years in their country home with their future kiddos. I love the indoor and outdoor features geared toward play and creative areas for children.
    The conservatory is an excellent idea, providing a way to continue certain crops year-round, plus provide income via the Flower Arranging Table. I love the addition of the rocks and greenery around and in the pond.

Suggestions: I would have preferred to see the wallcovering (and possibly a bit of the flooring) and colors switched up/varied a bit more in some ‘peripheral’ areas of the home (ie: in the bedrooms and playroom. Making the edges of the pond slightly tapered would be more realistic.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @tatselk
    8ffsBKO.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@tatselk
    MrXB6Ui.jpg
    I love the counters/cabinets and appliances in the Parenthood pack, and they were a fantastic choice for this kitchen! Your kitchen is inviting, homey, and includes the functionality and space a family will utilize and enjoy… especially when canning and cooking together!
    I also like the use of tile behind two walls, and the color combinations complement each other nicely. Very nice kitchen!

Suggestions: I see you used MOO… You could practice with using it for certain countertop clutter in a manner that also makes the countertop useable. Of course, filling some countertops completely is oftentimes done – I do it a lot!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @tatselk
    8ffsBKO.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 155- Down on the Farm

@AlJay
    zbqDBSE.png
    Country Family Farmhouse is a stunning traditional home for the Grangers and their future family. The farmhouse style blends in perfectly with it’s surroundings in the heart of the countryside and the layout of the plot is exactly how I would envisage this. Great use of terrain paint to create a track to the barn and pathways to various external areas. There’s certainly plenty for the family to occupy themselves with whether it be working or having fun. Fantastic large, light and airy greenhouse, perfect for raising crops and the fishing pond looks very natural. Love the idea of the solar powered windmill and you have made excellent use of the barn. Very pretty façade which is enhanced beautifully with the planting. Your attention to detail is fantastic, the dirty prints on the floor of the mudroom look as if they’re meant to be there and the moo’d piano is spot on! The open plan living areas are very cosy and homely and in true country farmhouse style, expecially the kitchen. Good to see you have carried this style on to the upper floor too.

Suggestions: I really like the retaining wall around the home and would keep this as it is but feel the overall view could be improved by using a different type of wall/fencing/hedging surrounding the plot, mainly for visual effect.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @AlJay
    Jt0kRGo.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@AlJay
    rkwy7rA.png
    The Granger Family are absolutely fantastic and great to see you’ve dressed them in country attire, they fit perfectly into their new home. Excellent presentation of the family and I loved seeing their typical day, true country living.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @AlJay
    Jt0kRGo.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top