Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    I just added a link above for Get Famous.
  • Miss_simMiss_sim Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="simgirl1010;c-18016766"]I just added a link above for Get Famous.[/quote]

Thanks that has a good quality front cover but im hoping to get the full front and back slip cover for the case. Any luck finding that?
  • SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    Hello everyone
    Im looking to ask if there is a sims 4 mods thread at all? Please could someone direct me ? :)
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
    Hello everyone
    Im looking to ask if there is a sims 4 mods thread at all? Please could someone direct me ? :)

@SarahLou372 here's a link to the modding section of the forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • LyssandriLyssandri Posts: 33 Member
    Can Sims autonomously change careers? I had one I set up as a Politician and had done a few tasks in the profession. I focused on a couple of my other families for a day or two and when I came back to her she was now a Criminal. I know there's not necessarily a lot of difference there, but still, you know? Anyway, it doubt it was from one of those phone calls where they ask if you want to join the Criminal profession because if you accept that, you start at a higher level, at least AFAIK, and she was a level 1 Criminal. Any thoughts?
    For the very first time I'm considering moving my family into a two story house. And I'm immediately being reminded why I prefer one story ranch style homes. Stairs in the middle of the home. I've been searching the gallery and have found some beautiful homes but all have the stairway right smack dab in the middle. I don't like how it obscures my view. I prefer the stairway to the left or right. Preferably the far back left of the house. Out of the way. A few I've tried to move the stairs but then you run into the problems of having to remodel the first floor section and second floor section where you want to relocate the stairs. Which for me means destroying the whole look of the house. :D
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Lyssandri wrote: »
    Can Sims autonomously change careers? I had one I set up as a Politician and had done a few tasks in the profession. I focused on a couple of my other families for a day or two and when I came back to her she was now a Criminal. I know there's not necessarily a lot of difference there, but still, you know? Anyway, it doubt it was from one of those phone calls where they ask if you want to join the Criminal profession because if you accept that, you start at a higher level, at least AFAIK, and she was a level 1 Criminal. Any thoughts?

I’m not aware of how this could happen in a vanilla game. Maybe a mod is responsible? Sometimes I’ll notice that my Sims are starting to look different. When I check them in CAS, something has changed their set body type. I don’t remember this ever happening when I played mostly vanilla, so I suspect a mod glitch.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Welp.

After 12 years on the forum, I finally decided to click the "activity" and "best of" buttons.

I had no idea. I don't think I ever noticed them.

It's like a brand-new world.

:|:|:|

For the first time in my life, I feel like the blonde didn't stop at the scalp but goes all the way down to the roots.

I often check Best Of because those threads are usually the most controversial with lots of comments. 😄
    cyncie wrote: »
    I’m not aware of how this could happen in a vanilla game. Maybe a mod is responsible? Sometimes I’ll notice that my Sims are starting to look different. When I check them in CAS, something has changed their set body type. I don’t remember this ever happening when I played mostly vanilla, so I suspect a mod glitch.

A mod could be a possibility, I'll have to look into that.

As for the body type changing, I know that Sims can gain and lose weight and build or lose muscle based on their eating and exercise habits. I've run into that quite a few times. If you want them as thin or fat as possible, there are the "Insta-Lean" and "Insta-Large" potions available in the reward store. Otherwise, you either have to change their eating and exercise habits or use the "cas.fulleditmode" cheat.
    For the very first time I'm considering moving my family into a two story house. And I'm immediately being reminded why I prefer one story ranch style homes. Stairs in the middle of the home. I've been searching the gallery and have found some beautiful homes but all have the stairway right smack dab in the middle. I don't like how it obscures my view. I prefer the stairway to the left or right. Preferably the far back left of the house. Out of the way. A few I've tried to move the stairs but then you run into the problems of having to remodel the first floor section and second floor section where you want to relocate the stairs. Which for me means destroying the whole look of the house. :D

Found one! Stairway in the right location. Kitchen in the location I prefer. I deleted most of the furniture and all of the walls. Didn't care for the layout. Like the kitchen layout but not the style so that'll be changing.

VYgMDlx.png
    edited December 2021

A mod could be a possibility, I'll have to look into that.

As for the body type changing, I know that Sims can gain and lose weight and build or lose muscle based on their eating and exercise habits. I've run into that quite a few times. If you want them as thin or fat as possible, there are the "Insta-Lean" and "Insta-Large" potions available in the reward store. Otherwise, you either have to change their eating and exercise habits or use the "cas.fulleditmode" cheat.

Yes. I don’t like the weight gain system because I play big stories and don’t want to micromanage weight, so I have physique locked in using MCCC. They don’t gain or lose weight. Their whole body type that’s chosen in CAS changes to a different body type. One of my sims with a straight body type suddenly developed a big backside. I checked in CAS and their body type had changed to the pear shaped body. I switched that 3 times before it finally stuck. It never happened in a vanilla game, so I suspect a mod glitch.
    Yes. I don’t like the weight gain system because I play big stories and don’t want to micromanage weight, so I have physique locked in using MCCC. They don’t gain or lose weight. Their whole body type that’s chosen in CAS changes to a different body type. One of my sims with a straight body type suddenly developed a big backside. I checked in CAS and their body type had changed to the pear shaped body. I switched that 3 times before it finally stuck. It never happened in a vanilla game, so I suspect a mod glitch.

Ah, ok - gotcha ;) That is a weird glitch.

I just started using MCCC, so I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm getting a lot of Last Exception errors, but nothing is really messing up my playing so I'm waiting until I have some time to go through some of them with their tech support. I like what I've seen of it so far, though. I didn't know you could lock in their physique - that's very helpful!
    What does it mean when your child or teen gets a rainbow and sun over their head?
    What does it mean when your child or teen gets a rainbow and sun over their head?

I think that comes from the “good schools” lot trait.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Perfect topic. I have a random question. Why is my floor sparkling? My whole Sim's apartment is suddenly sparkling.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Do you have Bust the Dust @Elliandre ?
    Do you have Bust the Dust @Elliandre ?

Yes I do! Oh is that why? Maybe I can turn it off it's a bit distracting
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    If I add enough homeless sims, will the game stop generating so many townies?
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    I have a Sim that just aged up to Young Adult and I'd like to have him move out of his parents home. How do I do that? Also, if I wanted to make him roommates with another Sim of mine, how does that work? I know those are probably pretty basic questions, but I'm having trouble understanding what I'm supposed to be doing.

Thanks!!
    I have a Sim that just aged up to Young Adult and I'd like to have him move out of his parents home. How do I do that? Also, if I wanted to make him roommates with another Sim of mine, how does that work? I know those are probably pretty basic questions, but I'm having trouble understanding what I'm supposed to be doing.

Thanks!!

To move out from within the house I think you can click on the computer and there should be an option to move out. Make sure you have enough money to buy a new house or you can use the freerealestate on cheat. You can also move Sims, split apart families, from the menu of your playable Sims by clicking on the transfer button and then making a new household for the ones you want to move out. That's what I usually do. For the roomates I think you need to place an ad first through the computer and then try to click on the Sim and add him as a roomate. Hope that helps!
    Thanks! I'll see how that goes :smile:
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Not that I have been able to see. The game just keeps pumping them out :/ There is a couple of mods that can be used to gain some control:

No Random Townies
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-random-41053263

MCCC can be setup to use your library if the game needs townies. It will load them from there and when it runs out of sims, the game generation takes over. The problem is that many folk (including me) have half built households etc in my library and have been too lazy to save those out somewhere.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

Not that I have been able to see. The game just keeps pumping them out :/ There is a couple of mods that can be used to gain some control:

No Random Townies

MCCC can be setup to use your library if the game needs townies. It will load them from there and when it runs out of sims, the game generation takes over. The problem is that many folk (including me) have half built households etc in my library and have been too lazy to save those out somewhere.
    Thank you <3

I'll look into the No Random Townies mod.
    MCCC feature is my backup plan... I just wanted to avoid clogging up my library with more households.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

No Random Townies

Thank you <3

I'll look into the No Random Townies mod.
    MCCC feature is my backup plan... I just wanted to avoid clogging up my library with more households.

I use that mod and it really seems to work well. I did run into a problem where my actor showed up to work and there were no producers/actors on the lot to interact with, which I think may have been caused by this mod doing such a good job that the game wasn't allowed to generate Sims to fill these roles. I play rotationally, and I have started to leave it in for a couple rotations and then take it out for one so that the game is allowed to fill roles it really needs to fill. Then I just go through and manually delete the generated Sims I really don't want. It's working pretty well, but took some playing around to find a rhythm that works.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top