Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is why...

This is why I always have my Sims 3 kids and teens leave for school at 7am on a bike or by car if they can drive:

2021-12-05_11-38-02.jpg?raw=1

What are things you always do to in your Sims 3 game and why?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2021
    ^This is why I provide my worlds (that need them) with multiple schools and now also use this mod, which was developed much later in TS3's history than many others, to avoid the school and Uni door crowding issues in the first place. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I wish we had that in TS4, there isn’t even a school building right now :(
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I have my school aged Simmies walk to school when they live nearby. Those who live further away bike to school (I have the school bus disabled). I try to time it so they get there near the tail-end of the line. By that time, there are so few Sim children waiting to get into school, that the routing is a bit faster. Most times it's about 9:30 when they are finally able to actually walk through the door. On the days when I absolutely want them to be first or near first in line, I have them wake by 5am, eat a good breakfast and leave by 7:30am
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    I usually get my sim-kids on the bus, then literally ignore them until they get home. Maybe I'm bad :lol: I mean, I do make sure their motives will last at least...
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    ^This is why I provide my worlds (that need them) with multiple schools and now also use this mod, which was developed much later in TS3's history than many others, to avoid the school and Uni door crowding issues in the first place. :)

That mod is a lifesaver!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited December 2021
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I wish we had that in TS4, there isn’t even a school building right now :(

There are some mods in Sims4 that allow you to accompany your played child or teen sim to elementary or high school. The one I have tried is Zerbu's go to school mod, and it was working as of a couple of weeks ago, except for a couple of minor issues: the "be friendly to classmates" and "be friendly to staff members" interactions do nothing, so you have to level up your day's success at school, strictly through study and activities instead, and secondly, grades never improve no matter what you do, so you have to have some days when you don't go with your Sim to school, so that the default rabbit hole school takes over for that day, and you can have them "work hard" after making sure all homework and extra credit was done and they went to school in a good mood, and that usually ups the grades. Once you have the B or A you were seeking, you can go back to accompanying them for an eventful school day.

The other thing you need with Zerbu's mod, is a school downloaded into your game, with the lot trait changed to the custom one the Zerbu mod comes with,

Are there playable school mods in Sims3, anyone?
    Post edited by ignominiusrex on
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited December 2021

Zerbu's Ultimate Career Mod (for TS3) allows the player to design playable schools and career lots. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    This, and the pandemic, is why my sim kids are homeschooling, watching educational shows on televison.

BjYKn2T.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
    igazor wrote: »

Zerbu's Ultimate Career Mod (for TS3) allows the player to design playable schools and career lots. :)

I'll have to check that out!
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • sofie981sofie981 Posts: 486 Member
    edited December 2021
    Using Nraas mods all children and teens go to school on other community lots not only the "normal" school. Like now in the fam. I'm playing at the moment the child is in the theater lot going to "art-school" and my teen goes to Entrepreneur Trainee school witch is in the business lot, never have any Que to worry about :D The different sims decided this on their own, so as i started to play this family (I jump from fam. to fam) the "kids" had joined these school so I just let them. Happy simming....
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    That bottle neck problem is one I fix as I go, put additional schools in one town and for Uni changed the student center entrance.
    Need a place to keep my pics online so I can post them. Anyone know a good place to keep pics online ?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    That bottle neck problem is one I fix as I go, put additional schools in one town and for Uni changed the student center entrance.
    Need a place to keep my pics online so I can post them. Anyone know a good place to keep pics online ?

I use postimg. I think it's postimages.
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Karritz wrote: »

I use postimg. I think it's postimages.

thank you @Karritz, great help :)
    sofie981 wrote: »
    Using Nraas mods all children and teens go to school on other community lots not only the "normal" school. Like now in the fam. I'm playing at the moment the child is in the theater lot going to "art-school" and my teen goes to Entrepreneur Trainee school witch is in the business lot, never have any Que to worry about :D The different sims decided this on their own, so as i started to play this family (I jump from fam. to fam) the "kids" had joined these school so I just let them. Happy simming....

Whoa, do you use mods for those other school options? How/where/which? Do you download schools or how do you designate community lots as schools?
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @ignominiusrex in one of my games I have schools set up so children go to various community lots around town instead of all trying to get into the school building. I don't remember what mod I used or how I did it but I am pretty sure it was one from NRAAS.
    edited December 2021
    The NRaas Careers mod together with its School add-on module (both are required) allows for the extra schools that convene on community lots like the theatre, science center, military lot, etc.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @igazor
    I recently tried the NRaas Career mod with the school add on but it was causing a problem with not being able to ask anyone to prom. I am sure it is one of the mods because once I took both out the issue was resolved. Maybe I did something wrong on my end. Yes I also have the mod for more school doors and I downloaded the one you need for the career mod and story progression career mod. I loved the NRaas Career mod with the school add on so it saddened me to have to remove it.
    @TeeSea - I've never experienced that issue. Proms are held in the regular school buildings, only one prom for the entire town regardless of where they are enrolled. As long as at least one regular school lot is present, they should work. The SP Careers module is the one that controls them further, not the Careers mod -- you might want to check on the five prom-specific settings under SP > General Options > Options: Situations > Options: Grads/Proms/Curfews to make sure everything is enabled that should be, and that at least one regular school building/lot is available for use.

If that doesn't get you anywhere helpful, perhaps you could bring the issue to us at NRaas for further review?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @igazor
    Sorry I should have used the NRaas website. I've never posted on the forums there. I'll try what you suggested and if that doesn't work I will head on over to the NRaas website for further help. Sorry for being such a blockhead.