Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Discussion

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited December 2021
    wrong thread :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    VentisquearVentisquear Posts: 11 New Member
    > @mightysprite said:
    > Hi @Simmingal and whoever is curious, I posted an overview of my experience so far, here
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18016872/#Comment_18016872
    >
    > In a nutshell
    > If you're worried about your households being messed up, don't be. You always have the option to say No to a potential change.
    > If you're worried about getting a lot of phone calls, yes, you will get a lot of phone calls.
    > If you want a toggle to turn the whole thing off, I haven't found one yet, and have heard that a toggle is coming in a later update.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    The two most important mods I use are compatible, as I just learned this morning. I do have to say goodbye, for now, to a couple of mods I also rely upon, but there is always the vault. I have no clue how that will work out when the Teens become YAs shortly and go off to Uni. My Global Superstar has always shared part of his earnings with his siblings who will also be his Dorm mates, but that mod went BOOM for now. :open_mouth: He took the main earnings: concert, photoshoots, movie earnings for himself, and let his siblings (main household fund) fill up with his royalites and incidentals he should earn along the way. I'll figure something out. Now, I'm wondering if patching is a good thing to do right now. Finding very few threads that have anyone expressing much about it. I can always continue to play offline. But a large part of me is curious, too. Sad thing is there is no turning back, if I patch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Sooo what is the verdict guys?
    did it mess up your households or am I safe to update

edit: okay welp I'll update and cry later if its a mess
    too curious for my own good

I have learned it best, to back-up my saves and start a brand new save, even if I use the same Sims. I'm also too curious for my own good. I'm in your shoes. I'm on the fence. The two most important mods I need for my story to work are compatible. Others I have to uninstall, but that's okay. I can make it work. But and this is where curiosity might kill me, LOL I'm not finding enough opinions on this patch to help me make up my mind.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    haisin wrote: »
    Perfectionists Sims will now save their paintings in their Inventory instead of starting over even after completing a perfect painting. Maybe they were striving to perfection… too hard.

So perfectionists save all their paintings now? :( I liked it when they destroyed them... it gave them personality. I think the best would have been if they just saved the perfect ones, but destroyed some that are lower quality.

Oh so THAT's why! Yes my newest painter does have the perfectionist trait and I have to watch that Sim like a hawk because she is ALWAYS deleting her paintings and starting on another one! It is the only painter I am playing with at the moment but I thought it was a bug. Good to know this was fixed :smiley: Never really had a painter with the perfectionist trait before but I just didn't connect the dots between the trait and her destructiveness of her own creation.

But as regarding the new patch I am going to wait until the ability to turn them off or just able to adjust the neighbourhood stories becomes available. I guess it's offline mode for me in the forseeable future :smirk: I really don't want to see my rotation play tampered with if I can't get some control.

I do that. I have ripped up a drawing I wasn't pleased with. Yeah, it's problematic and tough being a perfectionist, considering nobody and nothing is ever perfect.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    I have a save with a huge number of related sims, and from a couple of hours of play I have yet to receive a single phone call. I am actually quite looking forward to the first one.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2021
    I haven’t had any ill effects from the patch. I backed up completely and removed my mods folder before installing it. I loaded the game but did not load any saves, then reloaded with my mods folder back in. I felt like living dangerously.

Today I’ve been playing my rotational save and everything seems totally fine. Morgan got a call from Jacques asking if he should switch careers. Morgan said no. He thanked her for her advice. Seems legit. BTW, I play Jacques’ household, too, for anyone wondering if the calls only come from unplayed households.

I’ve played 4 days and only gotten 1 of these new calls, so I’m not annoyed just yet.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hi @Simmingal and whoever is curious, I posted an overview of my experience so far, here
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18016872/#Comment_18016872

In a nutshell
    If you're worried about your households being messed up, don't be. You always have the option to say No to a potential change.
    If you're worried about getting a lot of phone calls, yes, you will get a lot of phone calls.
    If you want a toggle to turn the whole thing off, I haven't found one yet, and have heard that a toggle is coming in a later update.

Thanks! I will update then 😄
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Today I have finally watched the live-stream where the gurus present the new stories. I might hold off until I know what kind of control we have when it comes to opting out. It seems like the wish to add something to that effect later on. If I am able to safeguard all the households I rotate between and then let the game handle the rest this could work for me.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can stop the phone calls the same way you can stop other calls. Silence the phone of each sim who isn't interested.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Hi @Simmingal and whoever is curious, I posted an overview of my experience so far, here
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18016872/#Comment_18016872

In a nutshell
    If you're worried about your households being messed up, don't be. You always have the option to say No to a potential change.
    If you're worried about getting a lot of phone calls, yes, you will get a lot of phone calls.
    If you want a toggle to turn the whole thing off, I haven't found one yet, and have heard that a toggle is coming in a later update.

Thank you @mightysprite this was super helpful.

Can I just confirm that Sims only get these kinds of calls from friends and family?

Also, could anyone please tell me roughly how long the update took? It sounds like a big one. I'm on Xbox One I'd that matters. :smile: May update tomorrow if I have time.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    You can stop the phone calls the same way you can stop other calls. Silence the phone of each sim who isn't interested.
    Oh, this might be why I only got 1 call in 4 days. Most of my sims’ phones are silenced.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,881 Member
    @EmmaVane Did not know you could do that. How do you silence phones?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    @mightysprite , I know you did not asked from me, but:
    xFdmNT9.jpg
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited December 2021
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Has anyone said how the Neighborhood Stories are working? I can't find anyone who has said if there is a way to turn it off entirely, or how it works. Is it just phone calls and pop ups? Or do you have to have conversations with other sims. There are very few broken mods listed. Is it just that no one is updating?

I've seen ppl say that they only had one pop up and they mostly initiated certain situations. I don't think there is a toggle yet since it's just pop ups in the first phase. And I think autonomy comes in the next phase. But I'm not sure because I think they said some things will be autonomous for this phase but only for sims your current household knows.

There’s no option to turn them off… yet.

It’ll be interesting to see how the decisions made via Neighbourhoods Stories made in one household affect the next.

Say Eliza asks if she should change jobs when playing The Goths, does that get saved so she’s not asking when you switch households?
    Are the questions that pop up and the Sims asking them randomised? Each time you switch? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I play rotational and last night I first played with Thomas Watson from CL. He got a call from Sara Scott (Gnomes Arms bar owner) should she change jobs. I said yes but I don’t know how to check if she did.

When I switched to another house I got my own Sim Ben, to find Sara and try to ask her. There wasn’t a specific option to ask about changing jobs. When I asked about her career, she replied I don’t feel like discussing this yet or something.
    However there is a new pub owner when he went to buy a drink, Ashlee Neumann. On the Henford notice board Ashlee is on there.
    (Sara has a husband Simon, can’t remember if he was ever on the notice board for named residents of Henford but he wasn’t last night)

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Wow, I didn't know we could do that either. So if you silence it they never ever get any phone calls? Or do you get pop ups saying they missed a call from so-and-so?
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Has anyone said how the Neighborhood Stories are working? I can't find anyone who has said if there is a way to turn it off entirely, or how it works. Is it just phone calls and pop ups? Or do you have to have conversations with other sims. There are very few broken mods listed. Is it just that no one is updating?

I've seen ppl say that they only had one pop up and they mostly initiated certain situations. I don't think there is a toggle yet since it's just pop ups in the first phase. And I think autonomy comes in the next phase. But I'm not sure because I think they said some things will be autonomous for this phase but only for sims your current household knows.

There’s no option to turn them off… yet.

It’ll be interesting to see how the decisions made via Neighbourhoods Stories made in one household affect the next.

Say Eliza asks if she should change jobs when playing The Goths, does that get saved so she’s not asking when you switch households?
    Are the questions that pop up and the Sims asking them randomised? Each time you switch? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I play rotational and last night I first played with Thomas Watson from CL. He got a call from Sara Scott (Gnomes Arms bar owner) should she change jobs. I said yes but I don’t know how to check if she did.

When I switched to another house I got my own Sim Ben, to find Sara and try to ask her. There wasn’t a specific option to ask about changing jobs. When I asked about her career, she replied I don’t feel like discussing this yet or something.
    However there is a new pub owner when he went to buy a drink, Ashlee Neumann. On the Henford notice board Ashlee is on there.
    (Sara has a husband Simon, can’t remember if he was ever on the notice board for named residents of Henford but he wasn’t last night)

I think you have to wait a bit and then the sim calls back your sim and update them on if they got a job or not
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I just want to know if the patch fixed sims looking in awkward directions when interacting with objects.

Well, since not too many mods seem to be broken I will probably update later today.

Unfortunately sims are still turning their heads awkwardly for me.

Sigh. Maybe next patch.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Wow, I didn't know we could do that either. So if you silence it they never ever get any phone calls? Or do you get pop ups saying they missed a call from so-and-so?

They don't get calls, so no invites out to venues/dates/parties and no prank calls, afaik. Not sure if they get texts, though. They also get the daily work related ones for WFH careers to see if you are going in that day.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited December 2021
    Unfortunately, yesterday I entered milk in the Henford on Bagley fair, I stayed the whole time save for one time when I went back to try to get my cow turms put it was dying that's why it didn't come. But anyway, the fair ended without any awards being given out. That wasnXt the bug that was fixed was it though? The one that was fixed was the high wuality products not winning. Nevermind then.
    Post edited by Caitxcat on