Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meredith Cove Update 1/12/2022 - A Fix for the Old Church ( Tomb ) is Here!

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Update 11/13/2021 and Update 2/6/2022

The City of Meredith Cove is a town nestled in the middle of where an alpine mountain biome and a swamp biome meet. It is home to the famous Tri Coasters Amusement Park and an extremely disturbing mystery as of late. The town is being invaded by mummies and a mysterious cult that worships the most evil entity in the sim universe seems to be involved. What are the Tragic Clown Cult's plans?

Explore the town, and solve the mystery, or uncover some unrelated secrets or maybe just sit back and have fun at the amusement park, but whatever you do, watch out for mummies.

The world requires, all expansion packs, World of Wonder Carousel Collection, The Boardwalk, the Level up Collection, and these additional free store sets.

1. No Tricks Just Treats
2. The Sims Strike Back
3. In the Dawn of Sims
4. Happy Halloween : Gory Goodies
5. Modern HDTV by Webbsta Industries
6. Eye of the Bolder 10
7. More Holiday Presents
8. Honeycomb Bookshelf
9. Happy Valentines Day 2014
10. Happy Holiday Presents
11. More Halloween Treats
12. Halloween Treats

No stuff packs required. No mods are CC were used either. That said, this is not a world for low end computers

The Final version of Meredith Cove called Meredith Cove Nightmare is here. It is on Media Fire and the Exchange

Meredith Cove Nightmare on the Exchange
https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9499823
And here it is on Media Fire if the exchange is taken down for some reason

Meredith Cove Nightmare on Media Fire
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nkfya78ih3ez4jq/Meredith_Cove_Nightmare.zip/file

Here is the link for the saved game file. It should work no matter where you got the map, so long as it's the version entitled Meredith Cove Nightmare

Meredith Cove Story Download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vxg4ulwgy7aaohx/Meredith_Cove_Story_Download.zip/file

Finally for those who need help or don't mind things being spoiled for them, here is a cheat sheet for all of the tombs and key stone locations

Meredith Cove Tomb and Key Locations
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2ouou4cogb5oi7a/Meredith+Cove+Tomb+and+Key+Locations.rtf/file

The Following Screenshots are out of date, but for the most part represent what the map currently looks like, but with some minor changes in some instances

This clown themed sports bar actually plays a small role in the world's lore. It's not directly connected to the Tragic Clown Cult, but it is connected the group's deceased founder
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

I personally think that giving all of the outdoor lights an orange glow makes things a lot creepier
screenshot_original.jpg

This is the John Harris Memorial Gardens, originally I called it "The Clown Gardens," but I changed the name, and put the Arboretum on another lot. I wanted the name to appear on the map for lore reasons, and I didn't want people to confuse the John Harris Statue with the Tragic Clown, or think it was just of some random innocent clown.
screenshot_original.jpg

Here's the new lot I created specifically for the Arboretum
screenshot_original.jpg

This is what the waterfalls look like at night
screenshot_original.jpg

Another creepy abandoned building. There are a lot of these around town.
screenshot_original.jpg

A creepy campground, and an even creepier abandoned house
screenshot_original.jpg

The Junkyard and another abandoned home
screenshot_original.jpg

Oh and finally, what would a spooky mummy infested town, with a malevolent cult without a cemetery?
screenshot_original.jpg

Here's a link to my Tumblr if you would like to checkout some previous older images of the world.
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/damienf519

Scroll down for more updates
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited October 2021
    Here are the first screenshots for the world. I wish I could have gotten more done by now, but I really wanted to be able to at least announce my creepy new horror themed world before Halloween. Keep in mind that it is still not done, and I still have a large number of lots to work on, including some of the tombs. I haven't even gotten started on any of the houseboats as of yet.

This is the Tri Coasters Amusement Park. It's not that big, but it's massive by Sims 3 standards.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here are some of the houses. You can just barely make out the two waterfalls in the distance
    screenshot_original.jpg

Ironically for such a creepy town, the cemetery is not that creepy, but than again, perhaps there is something much scarier hidden underneath.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Update 11/7/2021

I made a lot more progress and pretty much finished creating the top half the map. Now all I have to do is build the bottom half, including the houseboats and the dive lots, and it should be time for the public BETA to begin. In the meantime, checkout my Tumbr for some up to date screenshots

https://damienf519.tumblr.com/post/667238862201962496/finished-all-the-lots-north-of-the-river
    Update 11/13/2021
    The 1st Beta for Meredith Cove is here! Head up to the top of the page for the download link and list of requirements to make the world run properly. I have also posted some up to date screenshots. Please give me you feed back. Let me know of any problems you encounter and how you think I could improve Meredith Cove. See you soon.
  • Silence_435Silence_435 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I tested the world and first of all I like it and I really love the Graveyard :blush:
    but some things could be change (and of course it is only my opinion ):

1. some spots in the landscape look a little bit flat and empty, a couple of hills or mountains would be nice.

2. It would be awesome if some of the abandoned places were actually haunted. (That works if you take some real Tombstones from died sims/pets)

3. At the "Not so far away" lot (respectively in all Crypts) you need a Fountain, so that you can erase yourself if you go up in flammes (I think that happen really often :sweat_smile: )

4. It’s kinda sad that all abandoned places are rabbit holes and you can't actually interact with them... In the Sims 3 it's not too difficult to build an abandoned place 'cause you have the CAP Tool :)

5. There is no address yet (but I think you fix this soon)

6. I also noticed that a some of the buildings (like the
    library or some of the houses) have rooms that are just too big. This and too little decorations make them look empty.

So I hope my tips where useful and you implement some of it :blush:

If you still need any help text me on Discord, I would like to build something for your world :wink:

~Silence
    Thanks for your help @Silence_435. I will bring all that into consideration.

I probably will leave the dive wells out of most of the tombs, only because I want them to be kind of deadly, also they don’t look right in most of them. The Addresses will be added before the final version. It’s just that I don’t like to add them if there’s any significant chance that I will add or remove a lot, or move stuff around, because it’s difficult to keep track of them, and I don’t want to have to redo them.
    Update 11/28/2021

The Second Beta for Meredith Cove should be here sometime on December 5th assuming nothing goes wrong. There are still a couple problems that I have found that need fixing, and I will do my best to fix them. I will also start working on the first saved game file so that it can be here soon after the second beta is released. Hope you are all doing well and to my American play testers, I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.
    edited December 2021
    Update 12/5/2021

The second Beta is here. Remember it has the same requirements as before.

The world requires, all expansion packs, World of Wonder Carousel Collection, The Boardwalk, the Level up Collection, and these additional free store sets.

1. No Tricks Just Treats
    2. The Sims Strike Back
    3. In the Dawn of Sims
    4. Happy Halloween : Gory Goodies
    5. Modern HDTV by Webbsta Industries
    6. Eye of the Bolder 10
    7. More Holiday Presents
    8. Honeycomb Bookshelf
    9. Happy Valentines Day 2014
    10. Happy Holiday Presents
    11. More Halloween Treats
    12. Halloween Treats

The second beta is no longer available, scroll down for a link to the current version

Now there are a few changes that I have made to the world that should be noticeable when you first load it up.

I added a new park because there wasn't one that was close enough to the wealthy area and it didn't make sense for all those wealthy people to have to travel to the other side of town just so their kids could play on the slide, also it gave me the opportunity to use that phot booth that came with the Boardwalk set
    screenshot_original.jpg

I also added a new area with a couple new empty lots for houses
    screenshot_original.jpg

Oh and you won't be able to see them in this image, but I added a few spawners on this plateau to give your sims a reason to go there
    screenshot_original.jpg

Sorry no addresses for the lots as of yet. I will add them later once I'm sure that I won't be adding or removing any of the lots.

The saved game file is still coming, just not today
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
    edited December 2021
    Update 12/16/2021

I decided to release the first saved game file with the third beta for the map because it's taking longer than I thought, and I have made a few significant changes to the map, although so far, only one of them will be noticeable at a glance and that is the addition of a new house which will include an additional family. Most of the other changes, are fixing issues with certain lots, and the third version will most likely finally include the street addresses, as I doubt I will be adding or deleting lots or even moving them around much more at this point. Still not sure what it will be however.
    edited February 2022
    Update 12/21/2021

The third beta is here and what are those sims doing outside of that new house? They're there because for the first time, the map now has an official saved game file to go along with it!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here is the download link for the third beta. It includes both the map and the saved game file. The requirements for the map are the same as before. The final version will have them as separate downloads and hopefully Meredith Cove will also be on the exchange.

Meredith Cove Beta C and Saved Game File download link
    No longer Available. The Final version of the map entitled Meredith Cove Nightmare is out

Don't forget to move the the saved game file to your "saves" folder after installing the map. There should also be a text file called "Meredith Cove Households" included in the zip folder.
    edited February 2022
    Update 1/10/2022

I really want to hear back from you guys. I have yet to hear back from any of the play testers on the third version and I would love to know if you guys have found anything wrong that I might not have noticed. I'm planning on hopefully releasing the final version by the end of this month and I still need you're help. The third beta is currently still available and it still has the same requirements as before. You can download it here if you would like to try it out and haven't already. I think I'm done spell checking the lot descriptions and I'm currently working on spellchecking the different households. Those changes will be part of the next version. Still, please let me know if you find any spelling errors or anything else that I might have missed.

Meredith Cove Beta C and Saved Game File download link
    No longer Available. The Final version of the map entitled Meredith Cove Nightmare is out

Also let me know of anything that I could do to help improve Meredith Cove in general. The next and hopefully final version will be a little less flat in some areas and will include some minor improvements to some of the lots.
    edited January 2022
    Update 1/23/2022

The Final Version of Meredith Cove is scheduled for release on February 6th now. Unless something I or someone else finds something seriously wrong with it, that needs to be fixed, the map should be finished by than. I will try my best to have it uploaded to the exchange on the same day as the final version is uploaded to Media Fire as well. I will also do my best to have the final official saved game file out at the same time, so that you guys can play with my Sims in the final version of the world on day one.

In the meantime keep play testing, in case you find something that I missed. Thank you for all of your help
    edited February 2022
    Update 2/6/2022

The final version of Meredith Cove is here, along with the saved game file. Its map name has been changed to Meredith Cove Nightmare. Scroll to the top of page one, to download both of them! There is also a third download link to help those out who are desperate when it comes to finding the Key Stones or are just want to know if they explored every tomb or not.

Please let me what you think of my final version and what you think of my sims.
    edited February 2022
    Update 2/9/2022

There was an issue with the main Tri Coasters Amusement park lot, you know the one that is a festival lot? It included a bunch of those odd out of place and missing ceiling textures. I have no idea what causes that. It looks really horrible.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I thought I fixed it earlier, but apparently I didn't. Luckily I fixed it now, but because the map had already been uploaded to the exchange I couldn't just fix it on the map. so here is a version of that lot I posted on the exchange for anyone who would like to fix that who is as annoyed by it as I am.

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9500219

Head back up to the top of page one to download the map and the saved game file. I will try to upload the saved game file in the next couple of days so that the Tri Coasters festival lot included in it, no longer has that issue and still has the original lot description I am really sorry guys.

*Edit I don't know why, but it's not letting me update the title of the thread, it keeps saying I can't post attachments here, even through I don't think I have any. I will try again later.
    Update 2/11/2022
    You know what I’m not releasing an update for the saved game file since you can just download the fixed festival lot via the exchange that no longer has the missing and out of place ceiling textures issue. Also it’s still not letting me update the thread. I do not know why.
    Update 10/12/2022

Turns out there was something seriously wrong with the Old Church Tomb that prevented people from collecting the star keystone on that lot. I uploaded a new version that fixed it. Follow the instructions and replace it with this one. Turns out you can't pickup keystones if you place them on display peddles. Sorry I can't believe no one noticed it until now, especially me. Regardless, once you replace "The Old Church ( Tomb )" with this one, it should work. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9527604
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Damienf519 , I'm enjoying this world a lot! I especially like how you've added items from other EPs and from the Store into the tombs, which gave them a unique feel. I'll take care not to be too spoilery in what I write about it and in the screenshot I'm posting, but I will use a spoiler tag just in case:
    - the Secret Ride: what a great idea to place that object in a tomb! It feels so eerie.
    - the Cemetery: I love how you placed the object that triggers the opening of the door so that it's hidden in plain sight. The two separate parts of the clue were also a clever idea!

My sim has a lot to deal with, but she has escaped everything unharmed so far.

QofmoDf.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top