Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Simsmas 2021 Gift Exchange ~ Closed

Comments

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @seaben That house is so fairy-like, and I really love the landscaping that you've put around it too. The trees in particular are so effective!
    @ADWilson I like the names! Especially CeCe le Ben :D Love the house too - very calm and restful and elegant.
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    addy YOU were my buddy i would have never guessed i love all my gifts so much i mean theirs's just so much thought in every one of them their all just absolutely amazing this is the best gift i could have ever asked for thank you from the bottom of my heart <3<3<3
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2021
    I work today, so I will get mine up later tonight.Its only 6am so I'm heading back to bed for couple hours.
    Just wanted to post why I'm not on.

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    What a wonderful Renovacy challenge @SamelaRita <3
    It will be fun seeing what others do with it and finding out what happens when I play it. I know what I will be doing as soon as the event is over, lol
    seaben wrote: »
    addy YOU were my buddy i would have never guessed i love all my gifts so much i mean theirs's just so much thought in every one of them their all just absolutely amazing this is the best gift i could have ever asked for thank you from the bottom of my heart <3<3<3

Surprise! hee hee hee
    I honestly thought you might have a clue when your Buddy had new questions for you to answer.

Knowing you love these makes my heart happy! Wishing you joy and fun while you play, dear friend. <3
    @BreeMiles
    You were my buddy, I have 2 gifts for you, a house and a family.
    It was really challenging for me to build without store items, as I am used
    to using things like the tea table.But this house and family have no store items
    and only a selected few expansions.Its on a 30x30 so I kept it smaller, so it
    wouldn't give issues(hope your computer is running better for ya <3 )

99 Landgraab Lane, built on 99 Langraab Lane in Sunset valley
    2 bedroom 1 bath, but room for 4 sims and a baby, has things for
    a dog and a cat.

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9490917

The family pictured above is the Douglas Family

arrie is a stay at home mom, who enjoys taking care of her kids and pets, her hobbies include cooking, gardening and painting.Bryan is a loving father and husband and a brave firefighter, he enjoys sports, handiness and watching tv with his kids.They have 1 dog and 1 cat.CC free by Graceymanor for Breemile

The Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9490918

Have fun!
    @GraceyManor That's a gorgeous house! I particularly love the dark blue in the sitting room. And the pets are great - that's two dalmations so far in this gift exchange. I really like the back garden as well (I guess you'd say yard) with all the pet stuff and the children's play stuff. It looks really homely and friendly.
    Your gifts are CC-Free @GraceyManor o:)

The house is charming! Love the colors you picked and use of wood throughout. The family suit it perfectly ... how funny that we both added a dalmation to gifts. Great minds think alike, lol
    Thought the Dalmatian fit the firefighter 🤣 I love Dalmatians

Me too. And a totally apt dog for a firefighter!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

My dear @seaben :D thank you ever sooo much for such a wonderful gift!!! The gorgeous fairy house and beautiful family will fit perfectly into my game in 'Supernatural Island' and I can hardly wait to start paying with them <3<3<3
    SamelaRita wrote: »

Me too. And a totally apt dog for a firefighter!

@GraceyManor
    And another coincidence I didn't catch before now. We both made male firefighters with a dalmation.
    Hello, twin! {waves}
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Good Morning!! :) Gifting time at last!!

@ADWilson I love Seaben Circle it is beautiful and the perfect home for Cece, she is adorable! Cody and Sparky are also very good looking Sims! Simply awesome! <3
    @seaben I love the fairy house you created for Hidehi! It will look perfect in Supernatural Island! Simply amazing, I love the artistry!
    @SamelaRita The build is gorgeous, definitely worth restoring to its former glory! Fantastic back story! Joe, Stan, Archie and Abi Harper do have a lot of work ahead of them! Beautiful family of Sims! Love the back stories for each member!
    @GraceyManor I love the house you created! It's lovely and so cozy, the family and pets in the pictures are so cute!!

I will be revealing my buddy and gift in a moment.. Happy Simming and happy gifting everyone!!! :)
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2021
    @Kesminlix You were my buddy! You said you loved farmhouses with porches so I made a nice old New England farmhouse with a porch, farming space, cows, and a shed for your horse! I based it quite a bit on Massachusetts farmhouses from the 19th century but I did give it a Rhode Island-y stone wall/fence because they are really cute. Inspiration:

https://buildingsofnewengland.com/2020/06/09/preserved-gardner-farmhouse-ca-1820/
    https://atlasobscura.com/articles/new-england-stone-walls

Anyway, here's your house. Built in 1830. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a small study/art room. Mostly original fixtures but a few updates through the years. The kitchen is slightly out of date but ready to be improved and updated. One side of the house was replaced in the 1980s with beautiful tall windows to let in lots of light. There's space for one horse and a crafting area under the horse shed (you've got to keep all manner of dangerous endeavors away from the old, very flammable house!). There's a large farming area, ready for all new crops, and a bee box. Cows as well! There's a parking pad for one car in the front and a small barbeque/picnic area.

Link: https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9490950

zQxHFzn.jpg
    aiUvAOz.jpg
    6wGUCCw.jpg
    nUPQEvp.jpg

I might have been playing a bit too much Stardew Valley, but the family I made is a (ghost) grandpa, two grandkids, a horse, and a cat. Grandpa left this farmhouse to his two city-living grandkids, who were just starting out in the big city of Bridgeport. I had a bit of a time getting them to stand for a picture, and Grandpa immediately started doing laundry and farm chores. It looks like Grandpa is going to stay around and help them get settled on the farm. The Sharpe family!

Link: https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9490949
    L3X1ekH.jpg
    LKPVFKu.jpg
    tAhYqnR.jpg
    52JKEC8.jpg

I also made a community lot (which I struggled a bit with, but I think it came out okay!). You said you loved Xmas so I made a winter lot, inspired somewhat by the Sims 1 vacation destinations, but also just a fun holiday themed park. There's an ice rink and snowball fight area, a winter food stand, and inside, a little theater, a cozy spot for gatherings and feast parties, and a toy making station. It doesn't change with the seasons, as I just could not make that work.

Link: https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9490948
    qua3Goi.jpg
    DcVwHD1.jpg

Post edited by Charlottekn on
    @Charlottekn I love the holiday place - it reminds me of places we saw in Austria when we were there (back in the olden days, when you could go away on holiday). And the farmhouse is lovely too: I've got an Advent calendar up at the moment which is little houses in that style that you put on the base, one each day. It was funny seeing a summer version of the house.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited December 2021

I have had a few trials and tribulations creating your gifts my dear Buddy ... but keeping fingers crossed it all came together in the end.

Your Buddy letter indicated that you like to play in 'Storybrook County'. I decided to download this lovely world and I must admit it has been a fun experience. I think by now you have guessed that you are my buddy :)

So without further ado here is Gift No 1:
    'Ravenhurst' is a one bedroom, 1 bathroom pretty thatched English cottage with open plan kitchen/lounge. Ideal for a single sim or couple who love the countryside and gardening. Built at 11 Raven Bend Storybrook County.

Mz6pwFo.jpg?2
    Lq4b8Cn.jpg?1

A house without a sim is no home so here is Gift No 2:
    Meet Rose Bush she loves nothing more than to spend most of her time in the Great Outdoors tending a plot of land full of delicious perfect fruit and veg. Will Rose be able to earn a living pursuing her passion and will she have the time to find that special someone to share her dream with?

NpYTNEh.png?1
    Kp2qyNY.png?1

Charlottekn I hope you will be able to return tomorrow to unwrap another gift :)

PS.: I've had the same problem as Addy with store content not always showing the correct icon :# . Please let me know if there is anything amiss and I will try and sort it 🤗

PS 2: Thanks to Addy I've now corrected the wrong download link for Rose.
    Post edited by Hidehi on
    @Hidehi I love your gift to Charlottekn. Including the pun...I have a soft spot for puns myself.
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2021
    @Hidehi Wow, that is a gorgeous house (and sim!). Thank you! I especially love the roof, because that's always a struggle for me. And England-y houses are always so cute with the thatched roofs. And of course, all the purple. :smile: Rose looks like a potential wife for my current game, too!

You're all so good at pictures! I even tried a mod to take pictures and it just was not working. :D I'll get there. I'm kind of boring and stick to a few worlds, but these houses make me want to try some new (and old) worlds.

@GraceyManor 99 Langraab Lane has this classic Tv house feel to it that I really like.

@SamelaRita The renovacy story made me tear up and though I rarely play challenges these days, this one is compelling.

@ADWilson I love this house. It's very spacious and luxurious and I love the glamorous entry way.

@seaben The fairy house is so magical looking! I especially love the landscaping and the trees!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Time to reveal my buddy...
    Puddinroy

My gift for you dear buddy is something that I hope you enjoy when you have adventures in Lunar Lakes, I have had a lot of fun exploring this beautiful world! I was then inspired to built for you a home to go with Lunar Lakes.. It is futuristic and very useful! Here are some screen shots of The Lunar Lakes Dream House..
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9490953

I also created a small household for you to enjoy.. The members of this household are Amy and Meteor Moonbeam..

Amy's story: Amy was born in Sunset Valley and like all human Sims, she had a normal skin tone and hair, but when she was a teenager, she decided to volunteer to go on a mission to Lunar Lakes with a group of classmates.. However, as a protective measure Amy and her classmates had to drink a formula that would keep them from contracting any viruses from these new surroundings.. The other classmates were not affected, but Amy had an interesting reaction, she her skin and hair turned into different colors and has stayed that way ever since.. As a result of not fitting in with her current world, when Amy graduated from high school, she chose to move to Lunar Lakes permanently..

Since she is Avant Garde and rather adventurous, this new world suited Amy perfectly!!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Meteor's story: Meteor was created in a lab, the objected was to create a faster race horse, yet the experiment took a surprising twist, Meteor's coat was not exactly the colors you find on a horse.. Meteor was unique, yet this did not affect Meteor's speed.. Despite having an exceptional racing ability, the racing commission wanted more conventional looking horses.. As a result the lab put out an ad, and it was answered by Amy, who is also an animal lover and she chose to purchase Meteor..

Meteor loves his new surroundings and owner!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9490956

I hope you enjoy your gift!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited December 2021
    Wishing my secret buddy a wonderful and lovely 2021Simsmas Gift Exchange I hope you enjoy what I've made for you..
    Bradford Home
    Lot Size: 30x30
    NoCC
    5 Bed, 2 Bath
    DOWNLOAD
    Screenshot-38.jpg

PICTURES HERE
    Post edited by BreeMiles on
    Your gifts are CC-Free @Hidehi o:)
    Sent a pm regarding the Sim

The house is gorgeous! So cute, charming and cozy ... love, love, love the color palette you chose to work with. Rose is lovely, too.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @LMC6255 : I love it. I can’t wait to download and play with it. Hopefully it will soon.

@ADWilson: great house. Also thanks for understanding my problem.

@seaben: awesome gift

@GraceyManor: awesome gift.
    :) Smile!

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @BreeMiles
    You were my buddy, I have 2 gifts for you, a house and a family.
    It was really challenging for me to build without store items, as I am used
    to using things like the tea table.But this house and family have no store items
    and only a selected few expansions.Its on a 30x30 so I kept it smaller, so it
    wouldn't give issues(hope your computer is running better for ya <3 )

99 Landgraab Lane, built on 99 Langraab Lane in Sunset valley
    2 bedroom 1 bath, but room for 4 sims and a baby, has things for
    a dog and a cat.

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9490917

The family pictured above is the Douglas Family

arrie is a stay at home mom, who enjoys taking care of her kids and pets, her hobbies include cooking, gardening and painting.Bryan is a loving father and husband and a brave firefighter, he enjoys sports, handiness and watching tv with his kids.They have 1 dog and 1 cat.CC free by Graceymanor for Breemile

The Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9490918

Have fun!

@GraceyManor this is so adorable and so cute, I can't wait till my sims move into it! The Curb Appeal is over the top love all the colors you used as well. Can't wait to play with the family they look adorable! Thank you so much for making these for me I will cherish them.
    Your gifts are CC-Free @LMC6255 o:)

The house, Sim and horse are colorful and quirky ... perfect for Puddinroy! Your gifts make me want to give LL a try.
    Your gift is CC-Free @BreeMiles o:)

What a lovely home! The color scheme makes me think of holidays as does the coziness of the interior.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top