Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yet another bug?

I have a really annoying issue at hand right now when playing the game. I will have friends call me to hang out, but when i meet them at the lot, they ditch me right away! This happens every single time I agree to hang out with someone in all of my saves. I'm beginning to think that this is a bug. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Comments

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    The only time I see this happening is when a sim has a bartender, vendor or some other kind of service job. However, they'll sometimes also run off to a normal job if you go to their house.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Not seeing it with hang out situations, but the last few times my sims have been invited to go to a festival, the friends ditches in a matter of seconds.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I've had that happen a couple times. I was just thinking it was because they had a job and had to go to work.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Yes. It used to make me upset, but I've grown used to it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    I had my sim take a family member to a festival and the family member left almost immediately. It happened so fast that even though I controlled that sim, I could not prevent them from leaving. Most annoying. It ruined what I planned to do for their relationship. Next time, since I know that can happen, I will cue up several actions to see if I can prevent it.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Actually, I've been having a problem that when somebody invites my character on a date or to a festival, the whole game doesn't show up __ meaning that if I'm stupid enough to click yes, the game sits in loading for a half hour until I finally give up and have to control-alt-delete it.

Before that, I did have one character that would never show up on dates. Sometimes I'd see her on the screen for about 2 seconds before she disappeared. But I'm guessing she might be bugged by the djinn trait. (I haven't finished testing that yet though, but so far that seems to be the problem.)

But since the last update, my characters can't accept any invitations to anything, or the game gets stuck in loading screen. :(

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I had that happen once, a while ago, when my teen Sim was asked on a date by her boyfriend… only for him to ditch her right away. He didn’t have a job or anything. But I got her to invite him over and everything went great! Sadly I don’t have that save anymore though. But I’ve had similar happen in other saves.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Sometimes I’ve had that happen. I’ve always assumed they are heading to work. I’ll pay closer attention from now on though.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    amjoie wrote: »
    I had my sim take a family member to a festival and the family member left almost immediately. It happened so fast that even though I controlled that sim, I could not prevent them from leaving. Most annoying. It ruined what I planned to do for their relationship. Next time, since I know that can happen, I will cue up several actions to see if I can prevent it.

Last night when I was playing, my Sim got invited out again and I decided to cue up some interactions right away like you mentioned. Well...it worked! Tina Tinker stayed out with my sim the entire duration of the time we were at the park!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2021
    I’ve had sims leave who have asked my sim out on a date. I get annoyed and just call them up and ask them on a date someplace else. I don’t think they’re going to a job, or that probably wouldn’t work, either.

I’ve also had it happen a lot in Sulani, like every time anyone invited my sim there, but it’s been a while since I’ve gotten those invitations.