Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite part of simming?

Like most of us I've know the sims is what you see is what you get, but I enjoy a story and nonsense which can make a sim fun to mess with, share, or hang on to in anyway I can. However, there is usually a part that I enjoy the most, I just put another pair in uni and it was the best cause I like starting out with them even though I know it'll be a while before they get to the family level. Even though I've done it before it's just like that sometimes what about you? What keeps you coming back, also fits I guess. :)
Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
All the sims err'day
PmyCqgA.png

What is your favorite part of simming? 166 votes

Just playing for however long I like.
35%
bshag4lvNh6650IcewolfjeLlyBeAn1573mollymegan82Mi9shaoscarIsb917PuddinroybabajayneCaitxcatMariefoxprice83simgirl1010Paigeisin5freindlylolKatAnubiswylmite1986goodcakebaker62barracuda1574MindofyDarkLady2788 59 votes
Creating drama, the worse the better.
3%
Colorist40PlayerSinger2010bixtersFlapTheBaker211InuMiroLover 6 votes
Creating stories, something to hang on to.
31%
Mstybl95Goth583alexspoom13BlkBarbiegalrudolphaTheSpotted_Ckeekee53elanorbretonhaneulinvisiblgirlToriegreydonntaydevKhrisstynePlumbobCrossingBabykittyjadeSindocatcyncieAstroblur0se 52 votes
Playing through challenges you've heard about or created.
6%
Akl500Pcchant86mlmeadowsGlimmer50Cary1213papertongueHarukotyanJojoMOMSTERAfterMidnightKazynSimsJedi 11 votes
CC shopping.
0%
Wyrren 1 vote
Starting fresh.
4%
SusanaLeoteaaronrulzmitchiebanjoladybreidEvilyn_1007Behappy1stpink_coco10 7 votes
Sharing anything sims related with others.
0%
Breazona 1 vote
Maybe just build
3%
Lizzychicagokeenowduhboy2u2phantasmkissDuskregnRhain420 6 votes
Other, if you think of something else feel free to share.
13%
auroraael14CK213GalacticGalGracieO312SailorCetiSweetieWright_84CAPTAIN_NXR7Karababy52SnaveXsColton147147ThriorHopeyStarrNorthDakotaGamerSERVERFRARouensimsnetney52EllupelluelluIsharellNate_Whiplash1Umbreon12 23 votes

Comments

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Since I'm retired...see above. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I find that having a long-term goal and documenting along the way is how I enjoy this game.
    Looking back at the screenshots and creating a story out of them is fun and rewarding for me.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Playing through challenges you've heard about or created.

All these options :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,846 Member
    Oh didn't think anyone would comment so soon, glad to hear it ha.
    @Astro I get like that, I can only delete screenies when saves are gone for one reason or another it's like a reward to have a collection to go through.

Ah guess I could have added a multi but maybe more will just say so.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Making stories is my jam, but not necessarily "to hang on to." At times I use the game as a tool to experiment with story elements for use in other media, but those generally don't take their final form inside the game itself. During those times I play for the deep satisfaction of creating something. There's a special kind of rush in that which is a bit addictive, but it's free and legal, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in or out of this world. And sometimes there's also a simpler joy akin to a happy surprise around the next corner whenever I play the game just for the sake of playing.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,846 Member
    @VeeDub Oh I get it, I didn't mean it really in that sense I just meant if you wouldn't qualify as a serial restarter and the play interests you for more than a handful of sessions. I really like your passion, it's nice to just be happy with whatever place you are in the game just for what I see as a main point of it all. :)
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @VeeDub Oh I get it, I didn't mean it really in that sense I just meant if you wouldn't qualify as a serial restarter and the play interests you for more than a handful of sessions. I really like your passion, it's nice to just be happy with whatever place you are in the game just for what I see as a main point of it all. :)

Yeah, I generally don't restart without some compelling reason to do so. And even then, whatever I was working on that was found wanting is usually worked in some fashion into the next thing I go about trying. :) That said, I do have quite a few different saves for different kinds of stories, though!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    CAS. I love the versatility of it, the ability to create any type of sim for every occasion or purpose
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I like to play the game in a creative way, I like to create characters, build houses and buildings, make stories. Honestly, I get really bored with the limited gameplay part, I haven't played it in like a year, lol
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have to qualify my answer a little, because it feels like discovering stories, rather than me telling them. My sims definitely seem to get ideas of their own. I am along finding out who they are, as I go.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Honestly, not much these days. I have felt like the game is missing something for a very long time now. I no longer play families of any size because they just aren't interesting. It's the same thing over and over. Eat, sleep, work/school, watch tv, play on the computer, paint something, die. The game itself is great, and has a lot of potential, but not when every games ends up boring.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,634 Member
    I've always told, written and acted out stories, mostly as a creative exercise or to entertain myself. I've been creating my own stories since I was 12 and sometimes, I write them down. I've even written a few plays for local production. The Sims is another way to express my inner storyteller with input from the game.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    But like @Ellupelluellu and others, I would have said "Just playing" and "Challenges" as well, if I could have picked 3 :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love rotating my Game Saves with my 6 different Timelines, it's never boring. ;)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    All of it. The whole Sims experience is my favourite thing about it. I just love the fact that I’ve never been bored by the Sims in 20 years! Frustrated, annoyed, made to feel impatient yes but never bored.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I love to see my family tree grow.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Taking photo's actually.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Maybe just build
    I love the game and I love playing. I just prefer building to anything else. I'm not GOOD at building, but its my favorite part anyway :) That said, I really enjoy challenges and family play. Sims genetics has always fascinated me so I like to do generational play so that I can see the results change as new "DNA" is introduced into the family line :P
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    It's always been just playing. Sometimes I play challenges, sometimes there's a story, sometimes a lot of drama and sometimes not much is happening. I just love playing, it's very simple. :)
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I don't actually create stories rather than just let things play out. But I started in TS1 and I'm still playing in my made up world from back then and my characters are all descendents from the originals with new ones as time goes on.

I'm extremely attached to my sims and even when I don't like the main game (TS4), I still can't not play with the world I created. Animal crossing is the same for me.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2021
    A story teller through and through. I've love writing ever since I first learned to write and I have a big imagination. Infact I've always more so lived in my head then in the real world.
    The endless creative stories I can come up with is one of the things that keep me coming back as well as my love for my sims!
    A lot of times I think to myself omg I can't wait to get home and finish such and such story with such and such sim. Then I end up plotting in my head how I want the story to go and the builds I need to make.
    Cc shopping keeps me coming back to CAS. Retail therapy 😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,323 Member
    I've been writing stories, or at least trying to write stories ever since I was a very small child. My mom used to keep me occupied on long car rides by giving me a tape recorder with a blank tape, setting it to record, and then letting me happily invent stories about whatever characters I was enamored with at the moment. She still has the tapes. They are embarrassing, :lol: but I was clearly having fun. Before I fully learned to read, I was already aware that stories could be written down, and I would ask her to write down a story I was making up. And then I would draw pictures to go with it afterwards. Throughout my whole life, coming up with stories, and trying to get them down on paper the way I imagine them has always been a major way I spend my free time.

I have never really liked playing "games" (sports, board games, card games, computer games etc.) very much. My main way of having fun, even as an adult, has always been through make-believe and creative projects.

I love the sims games, because I realized that with the use of some mods I could change it from a game into a creative studio. Not all my sim stories are written out, but all are captured in extensive screenshots with detailed captions. And two of them have developed into full-on long term writing projects.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    SailorCeti wrote: »
    Honestly, not much these days. I have felt like the game is missing something for a very long time now. I no longer play families of any size because they just aren't interesting. It's the same thing over and over. Eat, sleep, work/school, watch tv, play on the computer, paint something, die. The game itself is great, and has a lot of potential, but not when every games ends up boring.

That's why I spend most of my time in CAS nowadays, gameplay is too predictable. It's not much fun when you know what your sim will do every time, before they even do it
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    edited December 2021
    Because I only play one family there's I still have lots of game play to explore. I also don't run into the problem of switching households and having every sim/family feel the same. I also have one sim who is completing all the careers so I've never had to repeat the same career with a different sim.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,340 Member
    A mix of stories, starting fresh and playing challenges.

Story saves can sometimes feel like a chore with all the need-dos and don'ts and years of history between the sims. You don't really feel like plunging into all that, but don't want to play a different game either, you want your sims. In these cases a quick rags to riches or seven toddler challenge is just what I need.