Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    Pranking their own toilet because of mischief trait (when they live alone) and then using the toilet... why? WHY? The handiness skill is maxing out yes but AT WHAT COST?

Pls. Stop the madness. I beg of thee. I can't shake my head and call my sim an 🎁🎁🎁🎁 every sim day anymore.

There is a mod that stops the autonomous toilet pranking. I think it's on Mod The Sims.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    The way photography excessively raises the friendship bar. Just introduce yourself to a stranger, take a few pics of them and suddenly you're the best of buddies... what's that all about?
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Antiqua wrote: »
    When a friend calls in the morning and asks the sim if they want to hang out tonight, and when you say yes, then the hangout starts right away. No, 10 am is not "tonight"!.
    If you ask "tonight", then we should be able to schedule a meeting for a later time in the day, that would be more like "tonight" and less so "leave your breakfast unfinished and go straight away".
    Often I'd like to accept the offer but I'm in the middle of something important and just can't drop everything, so I have to decline.
    And vice versa - when I want to meet up with a sim, I should have an option to schedule the hangout. But who am I kidding, even "plan a wedding" is "get married this minute" in Sims 4, so why am I thinking that all the other events would deserve any longer notice then 5 seconds.

It would be nice to have a variation of invites. Some examples:
    • maybe there could be something resembling an emergency, where you can only choose yes or no "Your friend is in labor and is going to the hospital on their own. Would you like to join and support them?".
    • party at the buffs and other similar events are not an emergency and it would be nice to have the extra option of "sure, let's meet up in an hour (or at 6 pm or whatever)", that let's you finish what your sim were doing (eating, sitting on the toilet etc) and whisk you away at the scheduled time.

Oh, and if that time management option were there, then the number of times you decline or accept the offers should impact your friendship levels.

That's a really good idea, time management for events like that. I kind of wish you could check a box that either said "Now" or not, and if it's unchecked, you enter the time for your gathering
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Houses losing all the furniture after the last sim in the household dies. Hate loading into a friend’s house only to find it’s entirely empty.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    When a friend calls in the morning and asks the sim if they want to hang out tonight, and when you say yes, then the hangout starts right away. No, 10 am is not "tonight"!.
    If you ask "tonight", then we should be able to schedule a meeting for a later time in the day, that would be more like "tonight" and less so "leave your breakfast unfinished and go straight away".
    Often I'd like to accept the offer but I'm in the middle of something important and just can't drop everything, so I have to decline.
    And vice versa - when I want to meet up with a sim, I should have an option to schedule the hangout. But who am I kidding, even "plan a wedding" is "get married this minute" in Sims 4, so why am I thinking that all the other events would deserve any longer notice then 5 seconds.

• maybe there could be something resembling an emergency, where you can only choose yes or no "Your friend is in labor and is going to the hospital on their own. Would you like to join and support them?".
    • party at the buffs and other similar events are not an emergency and it would be nice to have the extra option of "sure, let's meet up in an hour (or at 6 pm or whatever)", that let's you finish what your sim were doing (eating, sitting on the toilet etc) and whisk you away at the scheduled time.

Oh, and if that time management option were there, then the number of times you decline or accept the offers should impact your friendship levels.

This seriously annoys me as well. At the very least it would be nice if an option was provided to have them come to your lot.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited December 2021

They should really tie these outings to work with the calendar. Instead of "let's meet tonight" when it's 10am make it "Let's meet at 8pm." That way you get a notification to start the event like the ones we get when we schedule an event on the calendar.

And to stay on-topic:

- I hate having to occupy every available surface to stop sims from placing dirty plates after a meal.
    - Sims eating away from the dining table or island counter just because another household member is sitting in another room. It's extra jarring when they eat on the bed.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    The only thing that severely annoys me is the fact that when you click on a sim, the radial menu is RANDOMIZED and changes every single time you open it.

DEVS! It's called a SORT FUNCTION... Use it!
  • YdrannYdrann Posts: 9 New Member
    Sims dropping all their queued actions whenever their mood changes or every five seconds when there's a toddler in the house because they think they *have* to go look at them even if someone else is currently interacting with the toddler.

Not being able to stack staircases; this is how architects save room in real life!

Everysim wants to sit on the toddler beds to eat and do their homework.

Sims autonomy preferring coffee and napping over actually sleeping when tired, even at night.
  • In the Paranormal Pack, my brave sim running around as if in panic, but not even having the emote for it, just because she showed up to do her job. Usually wastes almost an hour or so since she'll sporadically do it for no reason too.

Sims using shelves that they consider unreachable to leave dirty dishes on, then saying they can't reach it to clean up later.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    The smell-the-dust-animation after climbing/descending each stair if you own the vacuum kit.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Ydrann wrote: »
    Not being able to stack staircases; this is how architects save room in real life!
    I almost always stack my staircases. You may just need to delete (with sledgehammer) the walls under the staircase, they are hard to see if you have your view set to walls down.
    Sims autonomy preferring coffee and napping over actually sleeping when tired, even at night.

I stopped giving my sims coffee makers early on, most of the time they extended not having to sleep was spent dealing with their bladder. The napping thing aggravates me, sometimes I've gone into build mode to pull the bed out from under them so I could make them complete the task I wanted done BEFORE bedtime.
    The cake is a lie
  • CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Both sims getting out of bed and making it instantly every time a baby cries
    Sims autonomously going to check the toddler, even when the baby is crying
    Sims suddenly going to do something else in the middle of a romantic conversation
    Can't take care of the baby because someone else is on their way to do so
    Sims just trying various interactions till the baby stops crying
    Getting a romance bar with a sim who happened to save your sim's life(not really)
    That one sim that stands and pukes at the spice festival
    Every single time a sim sees a talking toilet or a bubble blower
    Singing and sped up voices not sounding like your sim's voice
    Getting calls from friends inviting your sim over while on vacation
    Sims can never seem to just call and talk to your sim
    Not being able to put closets on half tiles
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Today, I am irked all over again at the distinct shortfall in masculine style choices.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,862 Member
    Could sims just freaking talk standing up?? Why in need to find the nearest chair. Nice yes you want to sit down, fine, but I need a picture of you two STANDING and talking!!!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Shamae03Shamae03 Posts: 29 Member
    The fact that this effeminate male animation bug is still there is extremely annoying
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    The only thing that severely annoys me is the fact that when you click on a sim, the radial menu is RANDOMIZED and changes every single time you open it.

DEVS! It's called a SORT FUNCTION... Use it!

@gettps Go to Game options, Gameplay and check Traditional Social Menu. Then you won't get the randomised options :smile:
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Just found a new one...Guests in my sims home that will stop in the middle of something they are doing with my sim to go be disgusted by a counter top or some-such that isn't their favorite decor choice. ....ITS NOT YOUR HOUSE! Get over it!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Shamae03Shamae03 Posts: 29 Member
    Slap interaction is available only with high Mischief level but not there even when the red relationship is already at 100%
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I thought of a few when I was playing today:
    -Sims walking through the house to get to the front door
    -Sims walking into the house to react to the decor even though your sim didn’t let them in
    -Sims’ friends and relatives constantly coming to the door, at all hours of the day, and sometimes multiple times a day
    -When you’re playing a spellcaster and they constantly get those phone calls inviting them to duel
    -When you’re trying to have your sims have a party or something similar outside but everyone keeps constantly going inside to wash dishes (or just put them on the coffee table)
    -When sims put dirty dishes or food they’ve just made on the coffee table in another room when there are plenty of surfaces in the kitchen
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    I don't like that pets become obsessed with things. Are pets in real life like that?
    Sims stand in front of the fridge when they eat.
    Sims don't take care of their needs in the right order.
    Constant praising of cats and dogs.
    Sims go do things at the wrong time when they need to go to school or to work.
    The routing issues when 2 sims walking towards a doorway at the same time. One sim walks through the doorway and the other one clips through the wall.
    Sims turn off the TV, but not the radio.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    When you make food for a party and guests choose to grab leftovers from the fridge. :s I make a point of emptying the fridge beforehand. One time I placed the fridge in the household inventory.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Townies that just won't take the hint. After canceling their attempted chat interaction three times having to pump the mean interactions on them till the sims fight, and even then having to give them the "go away" action before they finally leave you alone.
    The cake is a lie
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sims dropping all their queued actions whenever their mood changes or every five seconds when there's a toddler in the house because they think they *have* to go look at them even if someone else is currently interacting with the toddler.

Everysim wants to sit on the toddler beds to eat and do their homework.

OMG this is really bothering me right now.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    When you make food for a party and guests choose to grab leftovers from the fridge. :s I make a point of emptying the fridge beforehand. One time I placed the fridge in the household inventory.

I literally place the fridge in the household for every party because of this. I had a post somewhere asking for a lock on the fridge so this would not happen and so I don't have to put it in the household inventory every single party.