Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Own Island Living? Free Trial Available

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Yes
    I own IL. I have to admit though that I have not explored the pack entirely, mainly because I feel the gameplay is lacking in depth. However, I could not imagine not having it. I love sending my sims there once a year for a tropical vacation. The world is absolutely stunning, feels more open than other worlds and your sims can swim in the water pretty much everywhere. I love to add more activities to public and rental lots so that my sims can do a lot of skill building or just have a good time together. One of my favorite things to do is to have a sim with the high painting skill travel around the island with a sketchpad and paint from reference the beautiful scenery and sunsets - the paintings make for beautiful souvenirs they can decorate their homes with.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Yes
    While it has a very nice look about it, I don't have any Sims of mine that live there. I tend to use it more as a Honeymoon destination. For that's it's fun, yet there are no restaurants, so not much of a Tourists Town. Good thing my Sims can generally cook and I placed a build of my own to use as a rental lot. It's okay for an EP, I just wish the town was more expansive, if you will.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yes
    I owned it long before the free trial. I mostly bought it for the mermaids, and the world.
    I really like the world, but haven't explored all of it yet.
    I really wish they did more with the mermaids, because they can swim in Sulani, but that is about it overall.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Yes
    It's my favourite pack. The mermaids are awesome and Sulani is a really nice world. Island Living has added so much fun to my game.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes
    Deleted
    Post edited by PreCiious on
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited November 2021
    No
    No I don’t own it. The world looks stunning and so pretty.
    I don’t get cleaning Sulani up, I go on holiday to have fun not clean. Mermaids sound incomplete from what I’ve heard/read. I’m not sure and I missed the trial! 😱🤦🏼‍♂️.

I’d be more interested if they did something similar to Sims 2 Bon Voyage where you follow them on holiday or a new angle, like a cruise ship theme.
    The ship is the ‘world’ and you visit different areas. It should be a luxury liner with a pool and areas to sunbathe. A bar. Nightclub and retail zone.
    They should still be able to call home or friends.

For extra gameplay maybe your Sim could opt to help other passengers or even the crew. The captain gets sick, you have to take command.
    Perhaps solve a mystery! 🤔

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Yes
    I don’t get cleaning Sulani up, I go on holiday to have fun not clean.

@ncisGibbs02 Sulani is a residential world. You can live there and play the Conservationist career

The Sims 4 Island Living includes an Island nation known as Sulani. The island is home to a refuge for wildlife, the Island of Mua Pel'am. Evidently, consumerism and pollution have begun to take hold on your arrival, as the island is quite polluted and in need of a Conservationist to clean things up. Note that both the system and fact that the new Career exists encourage you to play a Conservationist, but it's by no means impossible to clean up the Island while ignoring the new environmentally-conscious Career Track. After all, individuals can make a difference, right?

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/islandliving/conserving-island-environment.php
  • Options
    sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2021
    No
    I don't own it either. I heard it gets a lot of backlash and I wanted to experience the pack for myself as well. What I will say is the CAS & BB is they went off with it. I adore it. TRANSPARENT FLOOR?! Give it to me!
    Now, onto the gameplay. Regarding mermaids, is their only ability to talk to dolphins? Weak. Although, I must say the dolphins and their interactions with the Sims are adorable!
    Okay, let's move onto the less positive things about it... I thought if I had made my Sim get the "Conservationist" job I wouldd actually go with them to work like you would while playing as a vet. Moreover, I thought of it as being "oh wow Eco Lifestyle but with another aesthetic" but I remembered this came out before EL, so I cannot say that. I should bash on EL for that. Honestly, the interactions with the sand are a bunch of clicks and then I watch their animations and that's it - can't say it's something revolutionary but it's not trash either.
    I like how the pack gives you an option to make a beach lot type - it'd be perfect for vacations!

Now, what's my overall opinion about it? Do I like it or do I hate it?
    From my personal experience with it, I'd say it's a 50/50 for me. The positive things about it are CAS & BB, the aesthetic is good looking too! The dolphins are POG. A bit disappointed about the "Conservationist" job but it is what it is. Furthermore, houses on water!!!!! ON WATER!!!!

Will I buy it?
    I'm indecisive. I can download CC similar to the items included in this pack and for a vacation place... I can just... make my own beach if I really wanted to. Well, not really, it wouldn't be identical to the Sulani beaches but at least I will not pay money. So, I'm very likely not going to buy it though.

To add more onto this, Island Paradise makes Island Living look like a complete joke. Being blunt here, I'd rather play a laggy-but-still-playable world than a boring pack. ✌️ ✌️
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Yes
    To add more onto this, Island Paradise makes Island Living look like a complete joke. Being blunt here, I'd rather play a laggy-but-still-playable world than a boring pack. ✌️ ✌️

@sulfurstyless are you playing Sims 3? I haven't played for a good while and really miss the resorts from Island Paradise and was hoping they'd make a return in Island Living.
  • Options
    sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2021
    No

@sulfurstyless are you playing Sims 3? I haven't played for a good while and really miss the resorts from Island Paradise and was hoping they'd make a return in Island Living.

Yeah, I've started playing it more than before, recently. I heard you can literally go underwater and Evil sims being able to spawn sharks.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    No

I got to say that I loved the game play in it. Now if only I can get the hubby to buy it for me since he has the bank card to use as I didn't renew mine as I really didn't use it as I much prefer to pay cash when I go to the stores. That being said, if I could get this EP, this would be a good one to use for the Well Rounded scenario before it goes away this week as I got a lot of skills while I was playing the free trial that are almost maxed out. I placed a single sim without a job over in Sulani so that I could play the game without worrying about my sim leaving for work and missing out on what the pack has to offer. She got 2 Sims week worth of play from the free trial and her athletic skill up to level 8 from all of the swimming, diving and snorkeling that she was doing. Now since that I don't have the pack, I really went to go over to TS3 and play either in Isla Paradiso or Sunlit Tides and try to recreate the house that she was living in as well as the 2 lots that was next to her.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    No
    I don’t get cleaning Sulani up, I go on holiday to have fun not clean.

@ncisGibbs02 Sulani is a residential world. You can live there and play the Conservationist career

The Sims 4 Island Living includes an Island nation known as Sulani. The island is home to a refuge for wildlife, the Island of Mua Pel'am. Evidently, consumerism and pollution have begun to take hold on your arrival, as the island is quite polluted and in need of a Conservationist to clean things up. Note that both the system and fact that the new Career exists encourage you to play a Conservationist, but it's by no means impossible to clean up the Island while ignoring the new environmentally-conscious Career Track. After all, individuals can make a difference, right?

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/islandliving/conserving-island-environment.php
    Oh it’s all residential? The Conservationist Career makes sense. 😂😂😂

I always wondered why would you want to work and clean up a place you were only visiting.

I am definitely checking the pack out now. Thanks @simgirl1010 😊. I can always wait for another sale.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yes
    I love the world, but I've personally found it difficult to play sims who live there. That's because of the island culture (the uninvited guests making themselves at home, for example), which I actually find charming and feel that it absolutely suits the setting. But it goes utterly against my own privacy-loving real-life self, and I have to either use mods to help alleviate that aspect of life there or just not actively play the sims who live there. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited November 2021
    No
    I have it, and I rarely visit Sulani. There are not much to do. Just enjoying view and swimming..etc. But I like IL items. To be honest, I prefer Island Paradise pack.
  • Options
    SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    Yes
    I have it, but only really dove into recently. I've been trying to push mermaid gameplay as much as possible, living off lot in the ocean. It's... mostly possible.

Teen+ mermaids can sleep in the ocean (click the water), pee in the ocean (click your Sim when their bladder is low), fish or dive for shells and treasure at buoys (with diving equipment), and might even pee autonomously if they're swimming. Adult+ mermaids can woohoo in the waterfall if you pick the lot on the volcanic island. Your mermaid's toddlers and kids are human until teenhood (very 13th Year), so you will need toddler/kid furniture on your lot. Other than that, all you need is a cooking pit, mailbox, and trash can. The Sulani Volcanic BBQ Searer blends into the beach pretty well. I built a shipwreck/castaway camp to suspend disbelief for the minimum furniture requirements.

I love underwater stuff, so I was a little sad to find out you can't live your whole life as a mermaid. But with these workarounds, it's still very fun!
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Yes
    I have it and it's one of my favorite locations. It's a breathtakingly beautiful world. I was expecting a bit more of the Island Paradise gameplay, though. Surfing, windsailing, deep sea diving would have been nice. The mermaids are beautiful but a bit meh in gameplay, but I wasn't all that impressed with S3 mermaids, either. I'm glad they kept it more respectful of the indigenous culture instead of going for resorts and developed high rise condos. I've often played characters that moved away from society to live on an island, and this fits that gameplay like a glove. I don't usually play careers, so I can't comment on the conservationist gameplay. I approve of the concept, though, since I support several ocean conservation groups.