Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scenarios Feedback

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Number 3 is my main hope for the future of scenarios. I'd like to throw two of my played sims into that love challenge and see if I can get them back together. Would the new neighborhood stories assist in rekindling their romance? So far I've only got the sims back to friend status or I had them find love elsewhere to end the scenario.
  • Options
    Staralien7Staralien7 Posts: 34 Member
    I am playing the Surviving The Holidays scenario and it is broken. The game said I completed it in 3 Sim days and I got the reward points, but they still hate each other, there was no progress in their relationship, and they had barely even spoken to each other. I am going to keep playing them and see if they can become friends, but it is very disappointing that the thing ended before it barely began.
  • Options
    berkleyrawberkleyraw Posts: 13 New Member
    I love the concept and idea behind so I agree with all above stated by the original author but I

highly dislike
    - limted scenarios
    - not enough challenge as they are mostly quickly done - feels dull
    - all age groups should be considered (toddler, kids, teens, elders, too)
    - reward is pretty much a downer, depressing and dissapointing
    - playing in new saves. Why? Yeah, I can tell you: I'm bored with the uninspired premade save file filled with ugly lots and sims - not sorry

I'm just honest here, rather use my own saves!

IMPROVEMENTS?
    - If limited scenario provide an incentive for us that would be appealing. Make sure to give us matching new assets as a reward (CAS items or Buy/Build items)
    - playing in existing saves with new scenario is prefered rather than starting a new save!
    - creating Scenarios for all ages not just YA.

You want us to engage with the game? Awesome but give us a reason to continue to play! A new item would be a real reason to try out new or limited Scenarios that simple! :p
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited December 2021
    Well I will try and keep this short but from ones I've played with

1.Love After Break Up

- I liked this one the best but the fact that you can ony have those 2 sims in household and you have to make new household and they can be related to absolutely no one...
    makes it one time thing for me.

well that and the fact that ive played all the romance stuff in game thousand times and we still don't have any new romance gameplay to really make it exciting

2. Too Many Toddlers

- Again the limitations above +why not have more than 3 toddlers if you want to and why not raise all their toddler skills to max instead if you trying to feel like its challenge thing

3.Perfectly well rounded

- still similar thoughts as above but additional irritations like why just 3 skills though

tbh I think it would have been more fun to reach high level in 10 skills or something

it gets boring really fast when you don't have any other sims in your household or have anything to do other than watch your sim do same animations over and over (don't start me on herbalism man)

and yet it feels weird to focus on other skills when your challenge is just 3 skills

also in regards to aspirations... bugs. unable to complete milestones cause bugs was very irritating especially as its timed scenario and all so i can't even pretend it would have worked nicely for someone using that aspiration

+ limited time = bad time.
    nothing let me repeat nothing should be limited time, ever. and thats just the tea.

4. Surviving the holidays

well for one its extremely similar to the first one, and yes i do quite like romancing with enemies but again...lacking gameplay on that front makes it kinda meh you'll just find way to make sims flirty and wee there you go same old same old

also I would have liked game to match the season so it would be actually holidays in the game when you start this scenario because now I am stuck playing half of the fall before i can even get to the actual holiday and im wondering if i should just have winterfest in autumn to be done with it (probably not but still...)

oh and i would have liked at least one of the goals to be really more about holiday itself

aaand why is it just holiday of two come on family time and all

oh and yeah reward is kinda meh but then again i dont really want to have to unlock cool stuff by doing these scenarios either cause itd just be so annoying when you want the reward but don't want to play scenario for it and if it was for specific save or household having to do it multiple times just to use the object is sigh.

oh and as for making money which i didn't start: the problem really is that such amount of money takes a loooong time so like if you want to do any other scenarios you can't do that simultaneously and then like you really end up picking other scenarios over it

sure its probably useful for people playing rags to riches minus other scenarios though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AirGothAirGoth Posts: 2 New Member
    I LOVE the scenarios! They're so much fun!
    "Surviving the Holidays" is broken, though. I sent one Sim to the library while the other slept, and it told me that I had beaten it. It was only on day 2, and they still hated each other. I didn't want victory to be that easy, so I reloaded, but that's super borked.
  • Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    AirGoth wrote: »
    "Surviving the Holidays" is broken, though. I sent one Sim to the library while the other slept, and it told me that I had beaten it. It was only on day 2, and they still hated each other. I didn't want victory to be that easy, so I reloaded, but that's super borked.

Similar thing happened to me. The Romance Festival came up and thought it may help me with the challenge. As soon as my sim arrived at the festival I got the pop up that I completed the scenario, but I barely began :(

I do like the scenarios and I hope they get better and better. I wasn't playing the Sims that much anymore, the scenarios are the reason I started playing more regularly.
  • Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    AirGoth wrote: »

Similar thing happened to me. The Romance Festival came up and thought it may help me with the challenge. As soon as my sim arrived at the festival I got the pop up that I completed the scenario, but I barely began :(

I do like the scenarios and I hope they get better and better. I wasn't playing the Sims that much anymore, the scenarios are the reason I started playing more regularly.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    My reaction to them is "is that all there is?" because they are less challenging than ones simmers come up with, and you don't get anything for completing them anyway, so am I missing the point? They seem like they could be exciting but they're just too easy. Like a participation trophy. People who have played both simmer-made challenges and these, and find these to be worth getting excited about, what's your take? I want to appreciate them better, maybe I'm just not viewing them in the right light?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    I never play challenges or time based event in any game, so I haven’t played scenarios. It’s just not compatible with my very leisurely play style. But, I realize that some people felt the challenge in S4 was lacking, so I hope they’re enjoying them.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    My interest in timed scenarios is ZERO. One reason I have stopped playing mobile games is because they invariably try to make me drop whatever else I might be doing just so I can focus on their particular game. I do not live like that. I have varied interests and a life outside a particular game. I love sandbox play because I can stop and start whenever I want, with no ramifications.

I find the current scenarios boring because they force me into completing a list of "to do's" that I may not wish to do. It reminds me very much of the weddings, where you much finish a certain set of actions within a limited time. I hate that. (I just want a beautiful wedding party without the threat of "failure" at the end, just because I did not want to have X number of drinks.)

A challenge scenario should be customizable to account for different play styles. The lovely thing about player driven challenges is that they are open ended and concept driven. People can use existing games or start fresh. They can take years to finish or rush through in a week. They can stop and start at any time if they come across something new, but still pick up where they left off anytime they choose. That is what makes it fun. The game is still sandbox.

I was thinking about what kind of scenario I might actually enjoy playing, because I am not a person who would generally start one of the player driven challenges. I think what might tempt me would be a scenario that was already set up with new characters who had predetermined traits, skills, etc that played into the scenario, and who already lived on a lot that also played into the challenge of the scenario.

I am unsure how it could be implemented, other than a download from the gallery for the family and also the house, both of which would then be placed in a save, prior to the scenario button being pressed, and that would set skill, relationship, and lot challenge settings. It likely would take more complicated coding, but would feel more like an actual scenario. It would also give us the option to add the scenario to an existing save or to a new save.

Adding new lot challenges to the game would make it possible to spice up a unique scenario and also give us additional mix and match lot challenges for our other saves, which would add to game play. That way the coding would serve more than one purpose, and be more "worth it" in terms of time and effort. So, a win-win.

After the scenario was over, we would have a new family in the game, with a back story that we helped make. Each new scenario would be a new family added to our game, eventually making a rich social environment of sims we had a real interest in knowing, when we played our favorite regular sims.

EA might even give us a new "scenario world" that all the new families and lots could be plugged into. That would be fun to fill, over time. And it would add more empty lots to the game, for the players who do not like scenario game play. Again, a win-win.

I would also like scenarios to have unlocks. Certain conditions would need to be met to unlock something in the scenario. The unlock would be some benefit that makes it easier to reach the goal. The conditions need not be a "to do" list situation. Just mini goals within the bigger goal. Not something that necessarily HAD to be done, but an option to make it easier or more fun. And the unlock would have to be accepted, so if someone did not want to use it, they would not have to accept. I realize this means more coding, but it would definitely reduce tedium for longer scenarios.

My ideas are likely too complex, but scenarios the way they have been presented are just not fun for me. I tried two, and they were so unsatisfactory that I do not plan to play any more of them. Unless something changes to tempt me.