Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Kit: Available Now!

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2021
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    edited December 2021
    You know, as a simple, average man I'm finally able to make peace with the idea of skimpy schoolgirl skirts crafted for modern men.

Apparently it was International Mens Day -what- two days ago? Not that anybody really cares, but for me it naturally means that I get my usual truckload of flowers and heart shaped boxes full of Belgian Chocolates and Turkish Delights delivered to my front door. This time Pat, the delivery man, also handed me a pretty tote bag with a teeny weeny tartan mini skirt in it.

I said to Pat:

“Pat, I am sorry, but this can’t be the right address. Unfortunately I don’t know any woman who would send me this, nor do I have a wife or a daughter who’d wear this. I don’t even have a wife or daughter, would you believe it? Har-Har.”

Upon which Delivery Pat answered:

“Ooooh, but my dear sir it is addressed to YOU! YOU should wear it. It was designed and crafted with your physique in mind!"

Although I do wear my hair long, nobody ever told me that I have the physique of a 13 year old school girl, but I let him proceed anyway. He seemed determined, especially after reading the utter flabbergastment on my face.

"My good man, don't you get it? It’s for the NEW YOU. The new, boundary pushing, YOU.
    You come across as a Boundary Pusher! Don't tell me you can't remember that time when you..."
    -this is where his eyes went a bit funny- ...Anyways! This garment will look rather pretty -I mean- handsome and…”- at that point he leaned forward and continued in a whisper -“ I hope you don’t mind me saying but this teeny weeny pleated mini skirt will look darn SEXY on you. And make sure NOT to wear tights. The ladies will LOVE it!!”

“Who sent this?” I asked gruffly.

“Someone with very good intentions. They just want to let you know how much they appreciate you as a modern, masculine man!”

Then the good fellow hopped back on his bike and called to me one last time:

“Slip it on when you go out on the town tonight! To celebrate. You shall be the Beau of the Ball!
    Better get used to the new, Normal YOU! And oh, Happy International Mens Day!”

...and away Pat squeaked on his bike. Squeak squeak into distant Happy Delivery Pat Land.

I used to be a paper boy and I hated it….

Meanwhile I noticed myself staring at this little piece of …cloth in my hands. The only good thing is that it would just about cover what needs to be covered…and I doubt it’ll even do a good job at that.

If it was April’s Fools day that day I would have laughed very hard and very long. Best prank ever. Kind of.
    But I wasn’t laughing. Someone had been serious…

You may have guessed that I didn’t wear the little tartan school girl skirt that night. It simply didn't fit.
    What's more, I didn’t go out at all. I was utterly confused. I wasn’t sure what would be acceptable for me to wear these days as a young, middle aged, modern man.
    Maybe the sender of that skirt thought I’m not masculine enough! Oh my. One would definitely see the man through a weeny piece of skirt like this. Hard to miss! But I wasn’t sure if looking like a furry lollipop doll was something the new me would do! Would he now?
    Unfortunately not wearing it also meant that I'd have to become an old fashioned frumplebag and not be a modern and -perhaps even- a sexy man. What to do? Conundrum!

But then things took a turn for the better.

This very morning I woke up...feeling this sudden urge.... to clean my kitchen for a change. Something must have inspired me, so I flicked on an AC/DC classic, whipped out a bottle of Mr. Muscle and before the sun even had a chance to realize the day had already begun, I was spraying Mr. Muscle all over the kitchen counters and wiping away, wiping away on this fresh, early Sunday morn, happy as a little bog light!

But why? You ask. Why was I so happy and why did I feel so...rejuvinated? The answer came to me the moment I looked at the piece of cleaning cloth in my hand. And I finally understood everything. The HOWs & WHYs. The Universe clicked back into place.
    And I must say it’s doing a real fine job, that little tartan skirt. My kitchen counters have never been so clean and never looked so new!

Speaking of new, I AM grateful to whoever sent it to me. It changed me. I do feel like a new me. I feel more modern. Well…my kitchen feels more modern. Looks more modern. At least it looks clean. And you know, wiping kitchen counters with a small piece of tartan cloth will give anyone muscles. I actually feel more like a man now. I feel strong and I feel happy. I feel manly, for the first time in my life. No. I feel VERY manly.

So, Thank you dear little weeny pleated mini tartan skirt, for coming into my life when I needed you the most.
    Thank you. ❤️

PS: I do hope the next kit is a Gameplay kit with all sorts of cleaning cloths to clean the kitchen counters with. We do have vacuum cleaners, now we need cleaning cloths. Preferably tartan mini skirt shaped cleaning cloths. For men.

You, Sir, just made my day! 😅😋 Thank you for writing that story down - it made me laugh very hard. Now the idea of little tartan mini skirts for men finally makes sense to me, too! 😁💪🏻
    Post edited by mrs_starkey on
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    edited December 2021
    As usual, don't expect to use the pants with feminine male or female sims.

6ki4oydu5s02.jpgsfmg4ehnn61h.jpg

Big YIKES.

Man, when paying $5 for but a handful of CAS items, you would think they'd take the extra step to make sure that they actually fit both kinds of sims since it's a small selection and only for YA to E bodies. Especially for a pack that is gender-nonconforming and can easily fit for feminine fashions.

I'm not going to say that the kits are overpriced for the amount of CAS you get since that will ultimately boil down to the player and what they want/use (or what they deem as worth their money); but it would certainly vastly improve the value and appeal of these kits if the devs went out of the way to make sure that the select amount of clothes/CAS stuff were properly fitted for both frames of sims.

EDIT: I was wrong about the cost of kits. Fixed that.
    Post edited by BlueR0se on
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Oof! Is that some kind of medical condition? Looks extremely painful! XO

Jokes aside, that is just terrible. Where is the Quality Assurance team, why aren't they checking that the meshes aren't broken? >:O
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

My Alanis Morissette sim-self is screaming "it's like rain on your wedding day. Pushing the boundaries, when the boundaries won't fade."
  • 100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    welp only having one singular skirt and that screenshot alone has made me decide its not worth it
    the fact this happens on male sims with feminine frame is kinda oof
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    If this kit would have been a different style, perhaps more in in vein with Harry Styles, then I would have considered buying it. But with this version I simply hate most of the pieces. They just look horrible. It's like they took a great idea and completely ruined it by choosing such a niche style. There are plenty of boundary stretching styles that would suit The Sims better. Now this pack won't have a lot of success and maxis will think simmers don't want this kind of kit. It's not that devs, it's just a horrible choice for a style.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I really don't get the complaints that male clothing looks weird on female bodies and vice versa. It's a consequence of the game actually having two genders with different body shapes and visuals. In my book it would be a bad thing if all body shapes looked the same. The tech of this game is that some visuals are added graphically and not natural as would be if each clothing item had a certain weight and was shaped by the body. Maybe in ts5 clothing items will be separated to mix and match, with a certain weight making it fit the body shape better - but not for now. I hope not too many simmers get offended by their sim not looking tip top wearing the "wrong" outfits, hopefully kits like this one might help a tad :)

PS: I did once play a male sim dressing like a female, it did not look perfect but it still was cool enough ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,302 EA Community Manager

This was sent up to the Sims team yesterday for investigation. I swore I posted in this thread on this yesterday, apologies.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

This was sent up to the Sims team yesterday for investigation. I swore I posted in this thread on this yesterday, apologies.

Thank you for the update. It's good to know that they are aware and likely working on a fix.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    @kaiwrysims Of course! We still prefer that bugs be posted at the link in my signature as we have teams dedicated to that on Answers HQ, but I'm happy to pass along what I can here as well.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    If this kit would have been a different style, perhaps more in in vein with Harry Styles, then I would have considered buying it. But with this version I simply hate most of the pieces. They just look horrible. It's like they took a great idea and completely ruined it by choosing such a niche style. There are plenty of boundary stretching styles that would suit The Sims better. Now this pack won't have a lot of success and maxis will think simmers don't want this kind of kit. It's not that devs, it's just a horrible choice for a style.

Harry Styles is a king so probably same. Key word being probably.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    I think some of the pieces from this kit would suit Harry.
    He's launched a new beauty brand. Nail polishes and skin care. These are pics from a photo shoot.

YUfWPah.png

ZdzZbxH.png

Zvq5gp5.png

He's also the first ever US Vogue male cover star to ever wear a dress.

0wWNmlS.png

e4Jm7mW.png

His comments on the cover shoot:
    “To not wear (something) because it’s females’ clothing, you shut out a whole world of great clothes," he said. "And I think what’s exciting about right now is you can wear what you like. It doesn’t have to be X or Y. Those lines are becoming more and more blurred.”
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I think some of the pieces from this kit would suit Harry.
    He's launched a new beauty brand. Nail polishes and skin care. These are pics from a photo shoot.
    YUfWPah.png

ZdzZbxH.png

Zvq5gp5.png

He's also the first ever US Vogue male cover star to ever wear a dress.

0wWNmlS.png

e4Jm7mW.png

His comments on the cover shoot:
    “To not wear (something) because it’s females’ clothing, you shut out a whole world of great clothes," he said. "And I think what’s exciting about right now is you can wear what you like. It doesn’t have to be X or Y. Those lines are becoming more and more blurred.”

Perhaps, although whatever this boy’s doing is way more out there than the modern menswear kit!
    I do think he’s a good artist, interesting guy too, but personally I wouldn’t really be into Harry’s Style. *

I know, I apologize for the worst weekly pun, I’m sure it’s been done to death, but I meant what I said.😆
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @EA_Cade I'm really glad you're around to keep an eye on things. I just wanted to point out that not all of us see signatures, so we're not always aware of links in them. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    @EA_Cade I'm really glad you're around to keep an eye on things. I just wanted to point out that not all of us see signatures, so we're not always aware of links in them. :)

Lol, same. I enabled signatures just to take a peek. If they were all that discreet I'd keep them enabled.
    VeeDub wrote: »

Lol, same. I enabled signatures just to take a peek. If they were all that discreet I'd keep them enabled.

That is a very good point that I hadn't considered!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Don't worry, it has always been like that since 2016.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited December 2021
    @EA_Cade: If I click on the link, it tells me I don't have permission to see that page.

EDIT: As soon as I wrote that, it suddenly worked.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @EA_Cade: If I click on the link, it tells me I don't have permission to see that page.

Are you logged in? It takes you directly to the bug report form so you'll need to be logged in on Answers HQ to see it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This is the kit i most dislike of all 😕
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'm sure ai saw pictures on here of male sim in a grey hoodie and a diagonal skirt over trousers, but I don't see that in the new pack when picking garb for Sims. Was that not part of the MM kit?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,862 Member
    I'm sure ai saw pictures on here of male sim in a grey hoodie and a diagonal skirt over trousers, but I don't see that in the new pack when picking garb for Sims. Was that not part of the MM kit?

Jeans with diagonal skirt came from EL and hoodie is basegame :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina