Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• MiniWolfsbaneMiniWolfsbane Posts: 16 Member
    ((Deep breath)) So I'm sitting there, just minding my own business playing my game. Lamb, hubby Rahul and her brother Nathaniel are all asleep. Their mom Riley comes in and walks up the stairs and I'm like "Man she got fat."

About fifteen minutes ago, at their sister's house, I get my first pop-up. Riley is calling sunflower Bliss (Riley is a hippie) to ask if she and her husband (their dad) should have another baby. I imagine Sunflower thinking 'Mom, you have ten kids.' So, instead of being mean, I click "you should decide that on your own."

So, Riley sits down on the futon. Lamb's social is desperately low so I click Riley and the "Ask to feel baby" option comes up.

I sit there in silence thinking 'I'm sorry wh-what? That's the mean option, right?'

No, no dear reader. Riley Holt is about to have her 11th kid. And I didn't plan it. Her husband Enrique is already an elder and she's only a few weeks from being one herself after I turn on aging. (I'm waiting to get my discount to buy Eco Living so she can still enjoy it as a YA.) So, she's a grandma and gonna have her 11th child. I would say only in Sims, but this is the only place it could happen where it's normal. I'll be surprised if it's a boy because she had an even split of five boys and five girls, but most of my sims have girls. I was gonna skip playing Riley's family tonight and watch a movie, but I guess I'm obligated now. I can't believe this is happening. Of all the sims to get pregnant first with the new lifestyle option, of course, it had to be Riley!!
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Finally! Kai and Asher have graduated. I was determined to have them finish university today because I was so tired of playing it. I think whoever the next heir is won't be going to university because I need a break from it.
    WU1k53D.png
    yEPez4e.png
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    In my most recent blog update my legacy heir, Sawyer, married his high school sweetheart Camryn Akiyama, so now they are going on their honeymoon and starting their life as a married couple.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Since my Time Lord has Imran Watson as his companion, they've been celebrating all holidays with the Watsons. They've also prepared the Grand Meal.
    5F5G4s2.png
    vsiofew.png

Back at the TARDIS, Imran and The Counselor exchange their gifts.
    HpzaUBE.png
    dPs1BxJ.png

TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,074 Member
    Following on from the events of yesterday, the next morning as Sienna wakes up she hears someone in her shower:
    JYTmcO1.png

As she arrives in her bathroom she finds her husband Dan taking a shower as if nothing had happened:
    mtvxw9l.png
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

Back with another chapter.

I wasn't feeling a hundred percent myself lately. Last Friday, I got a call from my grandmother that her older sister - my aunt - passed away on Thanksgiving (her favorite holiday). She had a lot of health problems, and this one was the worst...reminds me so much of what happened to my grandpa a few years ago.

I'm starting to not like Thanksgiving anymore. Lost two aunts on the same week, but different year. :heartbreak:

Chapter Seven: Heartbroken
    LMCfwhA.png
    pw0213q.png?1
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I when & winterized my autumn cottages & added some Christmas decor to them. They are saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS if anyone is looking for a Winter Christmas cottages that are vanilla build with packs.
    I don't use any mods or mccs.
    After graduation, both couples got houses together and moved out of the apartment. Asher and Brodie have moved to Henford since Asher loves gardening and Brodie is an animal enthusiast. Brodie is still in his job in the writer career and Asher has gotten a job as a botanist with his degree. They also got a dog, a little beagle named Peanut Butter (or at least I think that's its name).
    QllZlbZ.png
    Kai and Moriah have moved into their new house in Mt. Komorebi. I was going to build a house for them but I couldn't figure out a good floor plan for the life of me so I just renovated the house the Akiyamas used to live in. They also got a dog, she's a samoyed and her name is Coco.
    3g7WehX.png

Also, I forgot if I made it clear or not but Kai is the heir, so I won't be playing with Asher or Brodie anymore. He will probably still appear a lot in my posts, though. He and Kai are very close so I imagine he'll want to visit a lot.
    r6AqcJt.png

Soon, it was time for Kai and Moriah's wedding. They had it in Sulani at this really nice venue lilsimsie made.
    VaSZfGr.png
    x2SFlzO.png
    TIId7Db.png
    N7vfK0W.png
    VfCZ04o.png
    tsmacN1.png

After the ceremony, it was time for cake. I had trouble getting decent screenshots of the first slice since there were so many sims in the way but that happens at nearly every wedding I have.
    mPRCJ0B.png
    MA48pvi.png

Only family was invited to this wedding. Kai was even able to invite his aunt Alice even though I thought he didn't know her.
    udVi7Ue.png
    Of course Asher and Brodie came.
    kFkLPai.png

Kai went around and talked to guests. Here he's talking to a couple of his cousins (they're Haruki's sisters' kids) and Simon.
    IIPU87c.png

Nico has the paranoid trait so he started randomly screaming at people
    VBobNyZ.png

It ended up being a pretty successful wedding, nothing went horribly wrong and no one peed themselves this time.
    oyWK0YV.png

In true legacy challenge fashion, Kai and Moriah went straight home after the wedding was over and tried for a baby.
    Lr9EzzF.png
    8jqKLEv.png
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited December 2021
    @DarkAngel1994 You have my condolences. I'm sorry to hear that.

@Metior_Ice I think it's easier to see your stories if they're in this thread, but I don't mind going to the other thread. On the other hand, this thread has slowed down a lot recently and gotten pretty quiet, though.

I laughed at the idea of Ember not being able to tell her brothers apart. I grew up around 4 sets of identical twins and I can't imagine getting them mixed up. Each individual has a different "feeling." With Zephyr and Dylan, they're so different - Ember should do better. :D In Lir's chapter, I was glad to see Dylan cured. Lir and Krista are sweet - yay at them being married!
    No, no dear reader. Riley Holt is about to have her 11th kid. And I didn't plan it. Her husband Enrique is already an elder and she's only a few weeks from being one herself after I turn on aging.
    @MiniWolfsbane That's a lot of kids, but congratulations to your Sim! I can't say anything though because my Sims are more scandalous (they were great-great-great…grandparents when they had their 17th child).

---
    Fier Legacy - :)
    Intro & Past Posts in Spoiler
    INTRO
    CFRyVIZ.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. The youngest five (minus #17) recently became young adults and are discovering the perks of university, so Asher's ready to move on from the life he's built with them in Sulani. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and had a (gaudy flamboyant) palace built in San Myshuno, where he recently relocated his family and where he intends to raise the next generation of his children.

Learn more about the Fiers?

PAST POSTS
    1. Teenage Lifeguard (Delmarya)
    2. Living Her Best Life (Adelise)
    3. Night on the Town
    4. Day of Fier P1
    5. Day of Fier P2
    6. Happy Birthday P1 (Dawn)
    7. Happy Birthday P2 (Dawn)
    8. A First Kiss (Dawn)
    9. Conservationism and a Death Flower for Deli
    10. Vampire Population Control (Asher)
    11. Happy Birthday (Delmarya)
    12. Merry Winterfest
    13. Ambitious Dysis
    14. Gen 4 Enrolls in University
    15. Relaxation? Before University
    16. New Year's Eve
    17. Sulani Bonfire
    18. Midnight Encounter (Delmarya)
    19. Deli Strikes Out (Delmarya)
    20. One Americano and Two Slices of Bread (Delmarya)
    21. Lovestruck Procrastination Queen (Dysis)
    22. Balancing Love and Academics (Dysis)
    23. Saying Goodbye P1
    24. Saying Goodbye P2
    25. Forcing Fun at Foxbury (Dysis)
    26. First Impression = Great, Second Impression = Trash (Delmarya)
    27. Asher's Incompetence (Asher)
    28. A Productive Day
    29. A Day for Love P1 (Dysis)
    30. A Day for Love P2 (Delmarya)
    31. Asher's Advice and Planning a Date
    32. Only the Ice Cream Was Pure Perfection? (Delmarya)
    33. Debating Firsts (Darius)
    34. Limited Romance at the Romance Festival (Delmarya)
    35. Happy Lunar New Year P1 (Delmarya)
    36. Happy Lunar New Year P2 (Asher)
    37. Aster's Past (Delmarya)
    38. Reservations About Everything (Delmarya)
    39. Moving On (from Sulani to San Myshuno)
    40. First Days in San Myshuno
    41. The Spice Festival is too Hot
    42. New Life on the Way
    43. First Fourth Generation Fier Graduates
    44. Enjoying Change & Anticipating More
    45. Joie de Vivre (Delmarya)
    46. Things Are Still Great?
    47. Dysis' Graduation
    48. So Pleased to Meet You
    49. A Park Outing and a Secret Date
    50. A Tale of Two Toddlers
    51. Workaholic Dreams of Becoming an Angel (Investor)
    52. Potty Training and Sickeningly Saccharine Lines
    53. First Kiss (Delmarya)
    54. The End of a Generation
    55. A Funeral for Two
    56. Though She Be but Little She Is Fierce (Elmire)
    57. Who's Getting Married?
    58. A Proposal at Dusk
    59. Adelise's Daughter Elmire
    60. The Dawn of Her "Happily Ever After"
    61. More of the Same on a Spooky Day
    62. A Brief Getaway: The Fiers Plus One More at Granite Falls
    63. It's My Birthday; I can Start to Do What I Like

Introducing Cocoa
    Elmire was busy.

Her father interrupted her homework to ask if she wanted to play with the toy castle⁠—She didn’t.
    f7pcdOS.jpg

Asher’s perpetual concern had resurfaced: Elmire was growing too quickly. As important as her education was to him, he wanted memories with her outside of those involving books and schoolwork.

Not taking her rejection as a rejection, he decided to wait by the toy castle. Focused on other things, Elmire didn’t notice or come to join him.
    iTMhzrm.jpg

Asher clocked that she had no interest in playing with him, and rage plus panic ensued. (#J$!!
    XWbJG0k.jpg

Had she outgrown toys already?! Why else would someone prioritize homework? His daughter was a genius, obviously, and she could do (worthless) elementary school homework as she walked to school or while at school or not at all—her mother might object, but the fact was that doing homework and obtaining a good education were not necessarily related. Later, he would talk to Elmire about her priorities and studying efficiently.

From Elmire’s point-of-view, she wanted to be responsible and do her homework before doing other things. She didn’t want to give the impression that she needed her parents to remind her to take care of her own business, so she focused and raced to get it out of the way.

Homework finished, Elmire ran to her bedroom without a thought for any toy castles. Recently, she had moved from the nursery and into her sister’s old room. There were other unused spaces in the house she could have picked, but Dawn’s sunny room appealed to her the most and her sister hadn’t minded. Anyway, Elmire went there to change her clothes to fit her current mood: bright, which also matched the room’s aesthetic.
    3lb6zXK.jpg
    VfljJNv.jpg

Elmire finally felt ready to make a formal introduction of herself to “Cocoa.” She wanted their relationship to be like her clothes and her room: bright. She knew Cocoa as a toddler, but now that she was all grown up, well, the oldest she’d ever been in her life (a true elementary school student), she felt ready.
    ZOVuY4u.jpg

Cocoa was the family’s grand piano, and hadn’t had a name until Elmire had created one as a toddler. Cocoa was Cocoa because Cocoa was chocolate-colored and made Elmire happy and excited, just like chocolate. Cocoa had a last name too: Seventy-Three Percent. Even though Elmire hadn’t been big enough to play the piano, from her father’s playing she knew that C73 (Cocoa’s nickname) had a sound that was warm and rich, but also bright, without being too bright. Like chocolate that was seventy-three percent cocoa, Cocoa was perfectly capable of expressing both bitter and sweet tones, deliciously.
    k0ZfXaM.jpg

Bottom Line: Elmire couldn’t resist the piano. Who could resist 88 different keys when no other instrument around could compete with that range? There were so many interesting sounds she could make, and so many stories she could tell, especially given that C73 was a sensitive piano that listened well and responded to light touches. Her excitement was like a sugar-high that couldn’t be contained.

Elmire: Hello, Cocoa. Let’s work well together. :heart:
    xiKY1Vb.jpg

She vividly imagined an older version of herself that understood the piano, could reach the pedals easily, and played well, and was determined to work (and play) hard to make that dream a reality.
    m5bQXDz.jpg
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited December 2021
    @haneul Wow, and I thought people had a hard enough time telling me and my siblings apart.

Ember has two sets of twin siblings, and out of the two pairs, Dylan and Zeph can be more of a challenge to tell apart. Although, they do have a different "feeling" when I play them.

Dylan is much more passive and compassionate. Dylan loves music, and he's often very supportive of others. Dylan is the type to give people space when they need it, but he sticks around to lend an ear if someone wants to chat. He's a great listener.

Zeph has an attitude and often rebels. Zeph is smart, like really smart. He excels at academics. Despite Zeph's attitude, he's kind and helpful. He's the younger twin, but he often has Dylan's back. The most significant thing that stands out about Zeph is his attitude and tendency to be more blunt, possibly slightly more aggressive than Dylan.

Both Dylan and Zeph are very close, and even when I turned them back into toddlers to attempt a different kind of 100 baby challenge (I abandoned that idea), they naturally gravitated to each other. Their friendship is really strong, and they definitely have a strong empathic sense of the other. They seem to know how the other feels, and there's a funny Island Elemental glitch where Island Elementals deny the connection of other Elementals. Every once in a great while, they will autonomously deny each other's connection and share the sadness. Then, they pull out an instrument and "Play with their emotions" to feel better.

I've noticed this thread has gotten quiet so I've tried to start some engaging conversations. People aren't tagging each other like they used to.

I'll give your post a response as soon as I can.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Ya know...
    Annette should have her modeling shots to hang on her wall at home.
    We will make copies and gift them to her on her next photo-shoot.
    11-28-21_11-39-03_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    She looks tense.
    No decent transportation in this game, I'd be annoyed too.
    11-28-21_11-50-08_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Angry fashion model, incoming.
    11-28-21_11-50-18_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Waiting... waiting...
    11-28-21_11-51-19_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-28-21_12-27-46_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

That long corridor walk up has to be annoying her too.
    11-28-21_12-28-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

We will have to get rid of that frowny face before photography can begin.
    11-28-21_12-31-01_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

BREATHE.
    11-28-21_12-31-08_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Good.
    11-28-21_12-32-18_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

We can begin.
    11-28-21_12-32-38_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Now then,
    11-28-21_12-52-07_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    what to wear?
    11-28-21_12-53-21_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

A nice little black dress will do for this one.
    11-28-21_1-05-51_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Annette begins her mental prep-work as she makes her way to the backdrop.
    11-28-21_1-06-44_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    "Ladies with an attitude..."
    11-28-21_1-08-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    "...fellows that were in the mood..."
    11-28-21_1-09-01_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    "Don't just stand there, let's get to it."
    11-28-21_1-09-36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    "Strike a pose, there's nothing to it."
    11-28-21_1-14-51_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    "VOGUE."
    11-28-21_1-12-12_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Bring in the Style Influencer.
    Yeah we have been here before and the game play is getting repetitive.
    11-28-21_1-20-18_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But I have been enjoying it
    11-28-21_1-21-19_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I guess having the different models, plus the favorite, helps.
    11-28-21_1-21-39_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And here is your pay, Annette.
    11-28-21_1-26-34_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

500 Simoleons, 400 more than that last photo session.
    And she will get 1000 for the next.
    11-28-21_1-26-56_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Let's not forget her copies.
    She will get copies of the ones on wall at her next gig. I wish there was an official modeling career for her.
    11-28-21_1-28-36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Annette takes the money and runs, as well as the dress. (It was negotiated in her contract. Smart girl.)
    Which is fine, she doesn't need to hang around as I complete the to-do list for this gig.

11-28-21_1-33-10_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

All we need to do is propose a toast to complete this gig.
    11-28-21_1-33-58_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Propose a toast...
    Where is that social?
    11-28-21_1-37-15_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Propose a toast...
    It's not showing up.
    11-28-21_1-37-01_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Time is running out!
    Nami! Help!
    11-28-21_1-42-44_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"Here's to another successful gig.
    Cheers!"
    11-28-21_1-43-03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Thank you, Nami.
    11-28-21_1-43-44_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Snow!
    Spending so much time in Del Sol Valley, you forget it is snowing elsewhere.
    11-28-21_1-53-06_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-28-21_1-57-31_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Oh stop being critical.
    You look fine.
    11-28-21_1-56-55_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I should rotate over to play this household and give her a deeper story.
    11-28-21_1-58-26_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-28-21_1-59-07_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Olivia hung around to do some yoga and then made her way home.
    11-28-21_1-48-14_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11-28-21_1-50-35_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    edited December 2021
    It was New Year's Day.
    Spellcasters in Glimmerbrook got together in Elixirs and Brews to celebrate the day.
    FAcHNRP.png
    6e97Z9W.png
    Zacharias Jade, who was in low spirit in spite of the excitement around him.

wyDZfvj.png
    Emillia Ernest and Tomax Collette, who were watching the Countdown on a different TV monitor from others.

ZMz0mVL.png
    Something strange also joined the gathering.

IS2zTIQ.png
    Although it is about time for the Jade brothers to think of training junior spellcasters,
    they are still not close from where their tutors - three sages - are.

EkZRDYX.png
    So, they will appreciate your further training, guidance and encouragement from now on, sages.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I don't have pics to share, but a funny thing happened today. I was doing the scenario where two unrelated sims start out hating each other and have to share a house in the holidays, and need to end up either as friends or lovers. Well I finally got them engaged even, and things were going great, then his acting career needed him to research the anger emotion. Problem is, though they were at each other's throats, he's a chill dude and was so happy and confident I couldn't get him mad. Didn't want them fighting again, so I sent him to go pick a fight in a store. But he still wouldn't get angry!

So he actually fights this other guy but keeps winning and feels happy and confident instead of angry! Nothing I do can get him to experience the anger emotion!

I finally sent HER in and sure, she gets mad fast enough, but he just won't. The relationship I worked so hard to get between them as friends and lovers is in tatters and he's still confident and happy even though she just threw a drink in his face.

Finally I give up and use MCCC mod to cheat an enraged buff on him. WHY did I do that?! He got enraged, all right. Then had a cardiac explosion and died right there in the store.

Here comes Grimmy, and she's not gonna plead for his life, they were enemies again! So I paused the game, did something I'll never do again: hit "debug object" on his body, and it poofed into nothing, and disappeared from the household too. All the crying people went back to nreormal as if nothing happened and grim was still there so she (the fiancee) chats with Grim and makes friends with him.

I did not want to lose this character!

I checked her relationships and saw his ghost there, so he hadn't disappeared from the game. Good.

So I had an inspiration, used a cheat to max all her skills at once, so suddenly she could hold a seance, and she drew a chalk circle on the store floor and summoned his ghost! Before he could get away I added him to the household with a cheat.

Somehow in all that, I don't remember which step, I somehow accidentally made her a Plantsim and his ghost too! So I have a plantsim and a ghost planstim now.

Sent them home wondering what to do and came up with something: used MCCC mods to remove buffs pertaining to plantsims on both of them and it worked, they were now a regular Sim and a regular ghost sim.

But how to bring him back from being a ghost? I researched cheats, made her a maxxed out witch, and then used buydebug to get the tome with the DeDeathify spell, and had her cast it. It worked!

So he's back in the flesh and they're back together, but I had to rebuild their relationship from scratch because as a ghost, it was all another life. At least they didn't still hate each other.

Someone else would probably have thought of a more elegant solution though! It was a lot of wrangling.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited December 2021
    @ignominiusrex
    I don't have pics to share, but a funny thing happened today. I was doing the scenario where two unrelated sims start out hating each other and have to share a house in the holidays, and need to end up either as friends or lovers. Well I finally got them engaged even, and things were going great, then his acting career needed him to research the anger emotion. Problem is, though they were at each other's throats, he's a chill dude and was so happy and confident I couldn't get him mad. Didn't want them fighting again, so I sent him to go pick a fight in a store. But he still wouldn't get angry!

So he actually fights this other guy but keeps winning and feels happy and confident instead of angry! Nothing I do can get him to experience the anger emotion!

I finally sent HER in and sure, she gets mad fast enough, but he just won't. The relationship I worked so hard to get between them as friends and lovers is in tatters and he's still confident and happy even though she just threw a drink in his face.

Finally I give up and use MCCC mod to cheat an enraged buff on him. WHY did I do that?! He got enraged, all right. Then had a cardiac explosion and died right there in the store.

Here comes Grimmy, and she's not gonna plead for his life, they were enemies again! So I paused the game, did something I'll never do again: hit "debug object" on his body, and it poofed into nothing, and disappeared from the household too. All the crying people went back to nreormal as if nothing happened and grim was still there so she (the fiancee) chats with Grim and makes friends with him.

I did not want to lose this character!

I checked her relationships and saw his ghost there, so he hadn't disappeared from the game. Good.

So I had an inspiration, used a cheat to max all her skills at once, so suddenly she could hold a seance, and she drew a chalk circle on the store floor and summoned his ghost! Before he could get away I added him to the household with a cheat.

Somehow in all that, I don't remember which step, I somehow accidentally made her a Plantsim and his ghost too! So I have a plantsim and a ghost planstim now.

Sent them home wondering what to do and came up with something: used MCCC mods to remove buffs pertaining to plantsims on both of them and it worked, they were now a regular Sim and a regular ghost sim.

But how to bring him back from being a ghost? I researched cheats, made her a maxxed out witch, and then used buydebug to get the tome with the DeDeathify spell, and had her cast it. It worked!

So he's back in the flesh and they're back together, but I had to rebuild their relationship from scratch because as a ghost, it was all another life. At least they didn't still hate each other.

Someone else would probably have thought of a more elegant solution though! It was a lot of wrangling.

That's an interesting scenario, and I couldn't think of a more interesting and effective way to bring someone back in that scenario.

As for the emotions, there is one thing I learned about manipulating emotions that might help set up a situation. If a sim has the expressionist trait, they can create art that artificially manipulates an emotion. This can stack pretty well with certain merfolk siren songs.

Basically, the "Tense" moodlet and the "Angry" moodlet have very similar interactions/ behaviors.

If you make an Angry Painting, an Angry Sculpture, and sing the Aegean's Question Siren Lullaby, it might be possible to overpower positive moodlets. If the sim isn't a storm chaser, calling a thunderstorm can make a sim afraid.

If the sim is in the household, you can add to the angry emotion by having them view the Angry Artwork. Certain sentiments like the Hurt Sentiment can help.

If you want a sim that can efficiently manipulate emotions, I can upload my Merman Twin, Dylan, to the gallery. He's an expert at creating whatever you need to manipulate emotions.

Edit: Dylan has a few different tricks that can be very powerful when it comes to influencing sim behaviors and Emotions. His twin brother, Zephyr, has his own tricks. You could say that Zephyr has a silver tongue while Dylan holds considerable sway over emotions.

There's a reason why I use Dylan to set the mood for specific scenarios.
    edited December 2021
    @haneul As promised, I wanted to say that I really enjoy your updates. There's a distinct voice in your writing that always brings your sims to life. I loved how Elmire imagined herself as an adult playing the piano.

I also wanted to add something to my previous update. While I have my thoughts about my twins, I was wondering about what you think makes Dylan and Zeph so different?

As for Lir and Krista, they are also expecting. I won't be influencing the gender, but I'm hoping for girls. The Kailani Legacy has a lot of Mermen and all the Mermaids married into the family. I have a screenshot of all the Mermen and Damion's future boyfriend I'll share in an extra later.

@Rochert Huey seems more into the festivities. Cheers to a new sim year!

@CK213 The modeling career set up you have is something I probably wouldn't have thought of! Very Cool!

@DarkAngel1994 I hope Cas works things out. It's hard to see him so upset. Can't wait to see the fight with Morgana!

@mia_noelle97 Congrats on the wedding and the Nooboo!
    edited December 2021
    @Metior_Ice thank you!!!

On to the update:

Kai had his first day at his new job. He's in the public relations branch of the social media career.
    EgMKCL1.png
    Moriah woke up feeling sick
    6M4Jflt.png

Later, after Kai was off work, Haruki stopped by.
    ZksXUbN.png

Clara ended up coming by as well
    z2TZRh5.png

Moriah told Clara that she's going to be a grandma soon.
    IFpIoOQ.png
    JJRJMPL.png

Kai invited Clara and Haruki in to have some hot pot. Moriah didn't join because she had just eaten. Also I'm not sure why Clara looks so upset. She wasn't in a bad mood or anything. She has the snob trait so maybe it was the decor.
    VFDfiY6.png

The next day, Kai and Moriah went on a hike after they got home from work.
    JdzMckZ.png
    2USrTzK.png

Kai almost got attacked by a centipede but luckily he got it off his shoulder and it didn't end up doing anything
    MnLwRHU.png

It ended up being a pretty successful hike
    YHnhdh9.png

The next day was Simdependence Day, so Kai and Moriah had the day off work. Kai went on a morning jog, which he normally doesn't get to do because he always wakes up right before he has to leave for work.
    0ixqhpB.png
    Moriah and Kai had a water balloon fight when he got back
    8KDoA2Q.png

Kai grilled some food and Moriah made some citrus swig to drink. Kai wasn't in the screenshot because he went inside to put the food on the coffee table and I dragged it back outside.
    TkWv4BY.png

Moriah's pregnancy has flown by, she was already in her third trimester that day.
    eEBANDb.png

Kai is very excited to be a dad
    eMNCB5T.png

Of course he and Moriah still find time to play video games together
    tXphnzm.png

Later, Moriah's brother, Nigel, stopped by
    6Ja8iio.png

Nigel was excited to find out that Moriah's pregnant and he's getting a new niece or nephew soon
    8dSF4NQ.png

Moriah ended up going to bed because she was so tired but Kai stayed up for a bit and talked to Nigel
    rZhe4j5.png

Moriah didn't get to sleep for long because she went into labor
    kFTTa45.png
    It's a girl! Her name is Camden, and she will be the gen 4 heir since she's the first born.
    yUjOppP.png

Moriah took family leave the next day and she was able to take Coco on a walk and enjoy the nice weather. Camden has been a really easy baby and she doesn't cry that often so Moriah actually had loads of free time that day.
    hxjqG8B.png

Asher dropped by later to give Kai a present. He probably also wanted to meet his new niece.
    IM1h7gQ.png

Later, Kai and Moriah went to the Festival of Light. They didn't stay long because they didn't want to leave Camden alone for very long but they still had a nice time.
    XmP4t8i.png
    mhch9Le.png
    LdsMqF6.png

A couple days later, it was time for Camden to age up! She aged up with the Batuu hair and I let her keep it because it thought it was cute on her.
    c5j5t28.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    What happened in my game today is..... I finally got to PLAY again after 3 months. YAY.
    2 surgeries, several plates and screws and 3 months in rehab hospital and I am finally home. Do not fall down stairs people - it is not fun - do not recommend! Still learning to walk properly but thank heavens you don't need to walk well to sim.

I couldn't wait to visit Quin and Rohan. Thank you to @Metior_Ice , @sarabeth2984 and all the others who commented to me and especially about my sims. I was in an area with terrible wifi service and my hospital had experienced a cyberattack which had destroyed the free patient wifi so I could't comment and it was very hard to load and follow the forums on my phone (due to lockdown I couldn't hve visitors so no laptop access).

So I stopped in to see my boys.
    They seemed extremely happy to see each other after all this time. Quin almost ran from the other end of the house to see Rohan. They talked and talked like it had been months (not the real amount of game time) that they had been apart.
    Mljp13V.png
    Rohan was happy to try out some mods I had downloaded but hadn't got to try out before I fell.
    xnhof5r.png
    kr3gl25.png
    This one has to be my new favourite screenshot of them. :)
    T1AICws.png

or this (or 40 others I didn't post LOL)
    NEbHzop.png
    Thankfully the cuddle in bed mod stopped them from trying for a baby but I can tell it wasn't far from their devious little minds - Rohan has "the look".
    vJw9HSu.png
    I missed them so much.
    AQxzdTJ.png

I am also rebuilding some of my realy old builds.
    I started with this one as build mode changes had broken the build. The whole centre section of the house had been sunken and the bathroom got erased and there were other weird errors.
    72N8yaT.png
    Plus I am ashamed to say I never used terrain paint, chose a matching foundation or painted it, chose a roof swatch or used roof edging in this build. The landscaping was poor - I just placed a pool with no tiling etc around it. So I spent time renovating my old build - I am trying to make a starter save with lots of my builds and sims in it.
    xKuQARI.png
    I moved in original Jessica from my Jessica and Bjorn save - this is way before she met Bjorn or lost weight or learned to be classy (several boyfriends before Bjorn too) - I also moved in her sister (in yellow halter neck).
    JixOlS0.png
    They invited random people they met at the gym to do a playtest dinner party.
    e2KNjWP.png
    Jess and Daryl Charm tried out the christmas drinks mod - this was peppermint hot choccy which makes your sims playful.
    DHnZ6o8.png
    While they were at the gym, Clara Bjergsen was running around flexing her figure in a bikini and hitting on Marcus and Nalani. (she reads the forums and knows she has to keep Bjorn interested r he will end up with Jess again. LOL
    4Ra60jj.png
    She was NOT friended or invited to playtest.

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited December 2021
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @CK213 The modeling career set up you have is something I probably wouldn't have thought of! Very Cool!

They are bringing in the simoleons, especially Orlando. He is kind of a media phenom.
    He is also making bank by creating music tracks and video blogging.

I like it, but it's kind of flawed.
    There are a variety of gigs, but the high paying ones are always the same. I could take the cheaper ones for sake of variety, but it's a minor change. There are not enough backgrounds, I really should try scouting out locations for photography. That would also add some variety.

I think I am about to send them out for a desert photo-shoot in Strangerville.
    It's a scenario I have been thinking about. And I would like to try having them work as a team. Plus I have added some sims in Strangerville that should make it extra fun. But I will probably have them do that after throwing a few parties after fully furnishing the upper levels of their home as well as the garden and party areas.

Oh, I came across a YouTuber with a ton of game play ideas.
    I wish I had found it earlier as I would have had Orlando start out working as a paparazzi photographer and autograph hound.
    At the same time he could have been discovering photogenic townies that would become supermodels when his official career started.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member

Life in the López household: Armando washes up while his beautiful wife Sierra works on her blueprints for new eco devices.
    a-washes-up-while-s-works-on-blueprints.png

Still as in love as ever.
    balcony-kiss.png

Armando and Sierra took their friends Akira and Madison to the karaoke bar. Akira and Madison got married and had a baby recently. The Lópezes were hoping to get to know Madison better.
    karaoke1.png

But it was hard for Akira to even tolerate Madison having a friendly conversation with anyone else.
    karaoke2.png

"Windmill," they heard Madison whisper gently.
    Akira quieted down.
    Armando tried to distract everyone by singing karaoke. This was quite a distracting event indeed. Armando loves to sing with his guitar, behind closed doors in the bedroom. This is his first time singing in public. He has at least one devoted fan.
    karaoke3-armando-sang.png

After the song, Sierra looked to Akira and Madison to see how they liked it.
    karaoke4-exhausted.png

"They did just have a baby," Armando pointed out.
    "Yes, it could be that Akira is just a little crazy from sleeplessness," Sierra said.
    They enjoyed the rest of the evening on their own.
    "Beards seem to be in this year," observed Sierra. "What do you think, would you grow one?"
    beards-are-in.png
    Armando laughed. "And look like a clown like those guys? No thanks."
    Sierra caressed his smooth cheek and said she was happy to let him make his own decision in this matter.
    Although they ended up having a good time that evening, they decided to try to see Akira and Madison one at a time next time.

Sierra met up with Akira at the Stargazer Lounge to hang out. She wanted to show him a blueprint. He works in tech and was able to give her a few pointers.
    sharing-blueprint.png

After Akira went home, Sierra stayed for a while to look at the stars. She'd never had the opportunity to look at them through the observatory before. They go on forever and they are so beautiful.
    stargazing.png

Armando is beginning to attract some notice in literary circles for his writing. He finds this embarrassing.
    armandos-feelings-about-fame.png

What he'd really like to do is win a gaming competition at Geekcon. But so far, he keeps losing. He's been writing too much and not playing enough video games! #ArmandoLópezProblems

Speaking of aspiration frustration, Sierra has STILL not managed to sell power on the utility bill... it's not for lack of trying
    still-upgrading-everything.png
    Everything in the house except the lights and thermostat now runs on fuel cells, not the power utility, and both Sierra and Armando definitely run on the power-generating treadmill every day... hmm maybe they just can't have a thermostat?

Since they're now middle-aged and have been in the same apartment for most of their adult life, I decided to make it look more like the cluttered city apartment of a writer and an eco-innovator. After many failed attempts, Sierra is very proud of herself for fabricating a dining table.
    redecoration1.png
    redecoration2.png

No home library is complete without a meat wall.

While renovating, I moved the fabricator from the balcony to the bedroom, and... Alex finally got the chickens he's been begging for since August!
    urban-farming.png

So far, they haven't figured out how to use the elevator. I wonder if they ever will.
    chick-elevator.png

Chicks are great conversation partners!
    chick-conversation.png

"I love chickens so much!" Alex enthused to his friend Seema as they did homework together and watched the chicks wander around cutely.
    chickens-are-incredible.png

The chickens' names are Chickawocka and Chickaboom. Here is Chickaboom all grown up.
    chickaboom.png

Alex finished his Creative Prodigy aspiration, and he is also good at applying his creativity to paper airplanes
    alex-airplane.png

Creative kids don't pass up an opportunity to do Spooky Day right
    alex-spooky-day.png

"Cool costume, lady, but what are you supposed to be?"
    "Uh, this is just... my normal everyday look"
    sierra-spooky-day.png

The Lópezes usually visit the Goths once or twice a week. They enjoyed a meal and a game of chess, and they met baby Theo Goth.
    visit-to-goths.png

This time, partway through their visit, Mortimer slipped downstairs in a dark suit and hat and disappeared. It seems he has a mysterious new job.

Little Alex invited big Alex to a day out swimming in the fountain at Myshuno Court. But big Alex said something to hurt his feelings, and it seemed like it was on purpose. The fun day suddenly had a dark cloud over it. What kind of person is big Alex becoming?
    fun-swimming-day-ruined.png

Other than big Alex, whom little Alex idolizes but now feels conflicted about, his friends are mostly girls. But Seema is special. When Alex is with Seema, he feels the sky is the limit...
    the-sky-is-the-limit.png
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

@Metior_Ice It's going to be a bit different than the original, that's why it took awhile to change it up

@haneul Thanks, it means so much :)

@Becka28 Welcome back, it's nice to hear you're doing alright!

Chapter Eight: Wedding Crashers
    jIKnsPk.png
    pw0213q.png?1
    Camden immediately started working on her movement skill by playing with some blocks
    6UFGjnH.png
    Later, Kai showed her some flash cards
    uD2A1uR.png

Nigel stopped by so Camden got to meet her uncle. I had to use MCCC to force him to introduce himself since Camden couldn't interact with him at all besides showing him her toys. He didn't pay attention when she did that so it didn't make them gain any relationship.
    P6PDOiJ.png

Camden loves Coco
    xH3cuWT.png
    1ureXPZ.png

Kai still likes to meditate and he's gotten pretty good at it, he can levitate now
    WU28ZzD.png
    Forgot to mention that Asher also has a daughter now, her name is Joelle and she was born either on the same day as Camden or the day after. She is Asher and Brodie's biological daughter (I made it so Asher could get pregnant) so I'm not sure why she has red hair. It's probably a bug but I like the red hair on her so I'm going to keep it and pretend it's a recessive gene or something
    gBYUuSL.png

I had Joelle come over because I want Camden to be super close with her cousin but I forget that toddlers can't interact with each other at all so they just stood there. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until they're children.
    KmNMlnN.png

Asher also came over and Camden got to meet her other uncle. Again I had to force him to introduce himself with MCCC but then she was able to ask him to play. I really wish they would make it so toddlers can interact with extended family, it's so weird they can't.
    3vYUSLy.png
    Soon, it was Spooky Day. Didn't get many screenshots of it except this one because Kai and Moriah worked all day.
    IfqEPQP.png

Also, Moriah is pregnant again! I was planning on having them have at least one more kid and Moriah had the whim to try for a baby so I let her.
    fiRzkQL.png
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Spicy Mushroom Soup and Knitting!
    Princess Roddy Furystrykar felt hungry, so he had some delicious spicy mushroom soup:
    8c6240ed0aed152b2cfe1bec12e5926fc513c33d.png
    Later, the princess did some knitting:
    d996265da7bbe2d24b5035ff7de40539cc7f58fb.png
    Meanwhile, Shine trimmed her bonsai bush:
    e247ba7c90ce973cc384f554bcc60608f268cdcd.png
    Carol Brinson, member of Princess Roddy's club, the Order of the Pink came over for a quick visit. She gave Sophia a big hug:
    693fcd30387d1d8ddcdb62c45c47b3e281926bf0.png
    After chatting to Sophia, Carol said goodbye and went back to her home in Willow Creek.
    Some winter animal husbandry!
    Picture only section!
    36912454cfb5789e3883f025a68644a87f540b96.png
    660ad98653666b33b65ee8f8f9af6e28ef33278d.png
    eeecea02e7281c1f6b4ef5a472530c552b08c6c7.png
    b0debe21a545b9fe1d4cd2a6aa630286ba9a624a.png
    607db764f4e02d8fc033016f1814940c65d9826b.png
    ad661a810b90f17082d26f0bcf4c956b568fe439.png
    8dd9ebda42cdec9f7478303af146c3fcc02f7428.png
    Present opening time!
    Christmas Day arrived. The Furystrykars gathered around the Christmas tree. One by one, they opened their presents:
    3aa6d2cdaf80a4ea2b81140d7ff2e5678eb52d36.png
    e330e9ae7e24b2634546c505b74bcb74e37da616.png
    0fd319677a77e8a130472781665e8d6f698b924f.png
    f5ad3cf447f3a3b24ff7e4a15a40bc2f270b2930.png
    788c9b67528c9902d89ab1e3999ebc9f18592d87.png
    aef27acd89fa0ea4663076e85357ce5e19c9bb81.png
    179086d77cf3ca71074fffb99d3496ff7cd86dab.png
    03f90b96c99c4bc9f33e3ee704994a0300b7b9b7.png
    They then sang Christmas carols, and had a good time. Afterwards, Shine checked her bonsai bush:
    1807b3ef8978e5405d2876b3f124158cb770e671.png
    She enjoyed tending to the plant.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @mia_noelle97 your toddlers are so cute!
    I have found that toddlers can interact with others fine, but the introduction process is just different. Either "talk to stranger" several times until enough of a green bar is built up that the person isn't a stranger anymore, or if the other person is older than toddler, you can play them for long enough to have them visit and introduce themselves to the toddler.
    I haven't had much success with "show toy to" either.
    But I don't have mods so maybe MCCC or another mod interferes?
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    Thank you @Metior_Ice :D Usually, it is rather Huey who would be in low mood in this kind of situation because he hates the crowd.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome back @Becka28 ! It's nice to see Quin and Rohan again c: cute as always. Clara out there having some abs what lol I mean I know, but, it's still so weird for me.
    Also rip I hate all my old builds xD I hate my builds tbh.

---

As for me... a tale of three friends...
    TS4_x64_2021-12-02_17-17-28.png
    TS4_x64_2021-12-02_20-54-26.png
    Ready to stake some vampires. Rawr.

TS4_x64_2021-12-02_22-36-16.png
    Can't tell if crush or...

TS4_x64_2021-12-06_22-25-05.png
    He changed his mind.

TS4_x64_2021-12-06_23-27-46.png
    Changed his mind again.

unknown.png
    Changed his mind AGAIN. We're moving.

TS4_x64_2021-12-06_23-57-35.png
    We're definitely moving.

TS4_x64_2021-12-07_01-20-38.png
    Rad legacy vibes.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top