Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small or big family?

Do you guys have a big family? Never done that big normally only do like 1 or 2. Only because I feel like more is too hard. But what do you guys do?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    In one household, I usually limit myself to 5 Sims or so...It depends the living arrangements, and if I have 3+ generations in one household.

Now, if you count rotational play, I currently have about 30 Sims in households I switch between. I play The Sims 2 mostly (lately!), so there's no story progression or anything. It's been pretty fun and not too much to handle, since there's only 2-3 Sims in each active household :lol:
  • YdrannYdrann Posts: 9 New Member
    I do up to eight, but can't micromanage them all at that size, so usually just concentrate on two or three of them and let the rest do what they want.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited December 2021
    I currently am playing a family of one adult and 4 children.
    The children started out as toddlers.

It was rough at first, getting used to balancing out and taking care of everyone’s needs and building skills.
    2xzzZQF.png
    WiKFWwM.png

But it made me appreciate how easy it was having them age up into becoming more independent as children, and I appreciated that life stage so much more.
    LoYhSz8.png

Eventually I will age them up and they will enter a secondary school and then go through university together. :)

• LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I always find myself with big families: two parents, 3-4 kids, and the surviving grandparent(s).

I just love the challenge that children provide.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    I have a variety. Small families are easier and more relaxing to play, large families are a challenge.

• SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I almost always play a household with 8 or more sims. I get bored if I try to play with a smaller household. I also keep autonomy off and micromanage everyone.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I used to let them have too many, but now I limit them to 2 or 3. It allows me to focus on each kid and I care more about what they wear or do, instead of looking at it like a chore. I don’t want the population to get too high, either. I play rotationally and I generally want to play each one until they die, but I don’t want to have too many households.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Thanks guys! I think I'll do just the 1 or 2 kids. I was sort of thinking about doing the legacy aspiration but I think that's too big for me to figure out. I like to be able to have the parents bond with their kids and stufff and not leave anyone hanging.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I prefer big households with 7-8 Sims, because that can give a lot of variety and I like the hectic energy of a full house. I'm trying a smaller group with only 5 Sims now, which I can completely micromanage, but I miss the chaos.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    For me, it depends on the sims themselves. If I think they'd be the type to want a big family, I give them that. On average though, I usually have 4-5 sims (2 parents, 2-3 kids) per household.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    I also do the typical 2 parents (most times) with small family 1 or 2 but definitely want to give myself more of a change... i have a couple single parent households and will also try and have a few with 4 kids but difficult to manage with a pet i usually give them independent/ aloof qualities so i don't have to pay attention to them too much
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Most of my households with children have 2 parents and 1-2 kids. But I do have a couple larger ones in my rotation. One family with 2 parents and 5 children and another family with 2 children 2 parents and 4 grandparents however one set of grandparents moved out and started a farm. On summer vacation I will have the grandkids stay with them. I also have a child and grandparent and a few single parents, though one lives with her brother and father. I enjoy varied families.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Sometimes I play one or two Sims, aged teen or older, sometimes I play a family with 4 or 5 sims. I have the tendency to micromanage so I try to avoid bigger households.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    I play big families. 1 or 2 adults (or more with grandma or grandpa) with pets and kids. Lately I have been limiting myself to 6 per household but 8 is the usual. I play rotationally with about 130 sims in my main save. I will say, my Sims 4 experience is much more dynamic and fun because juggling that many sims is challenging!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2021
    I have 41 households played in my game, some of them are big families. I prefer playing with big families because they keep me busy more than small families do. I like to manage their needs along with trying to achieve their whims, aspirations and improving their careers.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I prefer big families, like 2 parents and 5 kids and the cat. I prefer things to be more challenging, with more kids to take care of, more messes etc.
  • I usually have 1-2 kids. I'm not particularly fond of expanding the house out to add more kids in later so unless I planned it early or am doing some basement bedrooms, I typically stick to lower numbers.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I only play one household per save, but once the founders start having kids that save will rarely have fewer than 6 per household. The heir always stays in the family home and brings in a spouse and then they have kids. It helps to have a grandma and grandpa with maxed out skills around. I don't usually manage gran and gramps after the first grandkids come along, except to lock them out of the workout room so they don't give themselves heart attacks lol.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Three kids is usually enough for me, but some saves, I will grow the family for as long as I continue to see mutual Try For Baby whims. My largest so far has been eight kids.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I kind of vary, but my families tend to be pretty big. If I do a family of 8, I usually have two parents, and their 6 kids. The kids are made as teens to make it easier to make them happy.
    My lowest amount had been two, but in those families I give them pets, which increases the number. The set up my families does vary quite a bit though. So, it may not be the amount of Sims, but the set up.
    I have a family with grandparents, parents, an aunt, and kids. In another family I have a mother and her daughter living with the mother's sister, along with her sister's adopted daughters. I had another family where parents lived with the wife's sister, and their kids, I moved out the sister, and she currently lives with her adopted kids. I had two sister Sims living together, but moved in a pregnant Sim and I dog. So, it ended up being a family of four. Also, another family was a single mom with five kids, and then moved in a male Sim that became the husband of the mother, and became a stepfather. They have a kid of their own now. From that family, I moved out one of the teen daughters, and moved her in with an adult Sim, and moved in her teen boyfriend in as well. They are a "arranged" couple I plan to marry together when they are old enough, moving them out was a good way to cement their connection a bit more.
    So, my Sim families are all over the place with how many they started with, and what they ended up with.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    Usually very small families, if families at all :) There has been few exceptions to that, but not many .

I belong in minority who can play single sim household without getting bored.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I prefer smaller with no more than three kids, but I have done six children before. One of my sims in my current legacy who is the aunt of the heir has six children, and her husband has an additional two that she doesn't know about :* .
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I usually have a variety, from one parent and child to my largest being 2 parents, 5 kids and their dog. I don't usually like playing large households though so far it's the one that I've enjoyed the most.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I like 1-3 kids. Occasionally I have more but I get fed up very quickly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Parents, 3 siblings, and a dog. If it gets too hectic I just play with autonomy off for a while.