Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update today: Are you ready?

13...Next

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Well, that's me done for... I had made sure to go offline in Origin early today so it wouldn't update. But, lo and behold, I opened up Origin ready to game offline and it had put me back online without my permission and is now updating...

Oh no! Hit cancel and hope for the best. Fingers crossed for you

I thought about hitting cancel when I got to the agreement but then I found myself clicking on 'agree' and just though 'what the heck, I'll go for it' lol. So far, I haven't seen anything different but my current household has no friends yet.

@BlueR0se thanks, I will try to remember next time!
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    This will be the very first time ever that I don't update my game within 24 hours of a patch coming out.

I feel so........ lost? weird? confused? icky?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited November 2021
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'm ready. I never try to avoid the updates, they're automatic and I don't do anything to prepare for them. I play vanilla, so I don't need to.
    Just bring it on! :smiley:

Same here. If the progression update comes today, I will find out how to turn it off initially for my beginning rotational save till I see how it works on my scenario save. I’m assuming there is a way to turn it off per save. I have a huge rotational save I don’t want story progression messing up.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I play Vanilla too, so no worries. However, I do a repair right after the update for extra clearance in the game.
  • FrogeemsFrogeems Posts: 57 Member
    I'm not installing it until they program a way to toggle it off. My chronic OCD has made me spend weeks, months, even over the course of the whole year creating a perfect neighborhood. I completely redid Windenburg with my own families and there is no way I'm playing the Sims until I can ensure one couple won't have a baby or get fired without my say-so. I'm legit angry over this update.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Although I still haven't updated, I'm very happy that the patch didn't break a lot of mods and that the new neighborhood stories aren't as intrusive as I feared. @Frogeems although I can't say for myself, I've read posts by others who say that there's no way the options impact your save unless you want them to. Basically, you always have the option to say "no" and nothing will change. This brings me a lot of reassurance. I doubt I'll be able to wait until they patch in a toggle to update. Now that I know it's not obnoxious, I'm a little anxious to jump in and try it for myself. As soon as Sim Realist updates their mods...
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    How are you preparing for today's update? Are you excited for it, or dreading it?

I confess I'm dreading it. I have automatic updates turned off, and I might even disconnect my internet out of an abundance of caution. I will definitely be playing offline until mods are updated, and I'll probably be hanging out on Discord watching the players implode and the helpers have mini nervous breakdowns on Deaderpool's Discord.

What are you doing?

I was dreading it but it doesnt seem as bad as I thought. It barely broke mods. I was expecting a modpocalypse. And from what I hear the story progression is not invasive as I was worried about. I actually welcome more calls. Will update sometime soon. Still playing offline though because I don't feel like the hassle of mod hunting. Just enjoying playing now. 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @Frogeems they won't- you always have the opportunity to say no to a potential change
    (at least AFAIK at this point)
    @mightysprite Ah... Thanks for your input. I'll give the update a shot in that case.. I could've sworn they'd add a toggle on/off for it in the future just as they had in TS3
    > @FatTribble23 said:
    > Although I still haven't updated, I'm very happy that the patch didn't break a lot of mods and that the new neighborhood stories aren't as intrusive as I feared. @Frogeems although I can't say for myself, I've read posts by others who say that there's no way the options impact your save unless you want them to. Basically, you always have the option to say "no" and nothing will change. This brings me a lot of reassurance. I doubt I'll be able to wait until they patch in a toggle to update. Now that I know it's not obnoxious, I'm a little anxious to jump in and try it for myself. As soon as Sim Realist updates their mods...

Thank you for your input as well. Installing it now, wish me luck :)
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Updated this evening after taking a load of precautions. No mods broken, everything working the way it should. After a couple of hours of gameplay, I had not gotten any of the neighbor calls, so I don't think this is going to be the intrusive game destroyer some of us thought it might be. I'm actually looking forward to getting my first neighbor story.
  • wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    I've played a little but also haven't gotten any calls yet. Super glad cause sometimes the amount of calls in the game annoys me. It's like my sims will get 5 in one day and then none for the next week. Also really happy that most mods are working with the update, so I barely had to do anything and could just jump in and play
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yeah, it's a very subtle change and I really only get a call once in a while and that's even with playing full, 8 Sim households. I feel so much better about the system thus far and the devs will be adding customization options in the next couple of patches. It seems to me that they are easing us into the new system, which I think is a stellar idea.

So far everything is the same in my game except for two new Aspirations and a few phone calls that give me options but no more call frequency than I got before. And I don't use any mods. The next patch will probably be the real test, though.
    #Team Occult
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I hope I’ll get some time over the weekend to update whatever needs to be updated.

I have to run all my software and game updates in one go, whenever my ginormous computing device beast is switched on, because I currently live in the middle of nowhere, doing the simple living challenge for real, in a darn cottage, and my quality of life relies on the power of my smartphone and whatever it can harvest out of thin air. I wish it could grab my food out of thin air.
    So far, I’ve been able to survive.
    I will survive this update too for I am Captain Fearless and if my neighbors want babies, they can have as many babies as they want. I will NOT look after them. I will not look after them babes. That’s the rule.

I shall be modless for a while if needs be and I will build another spaceship. As soon as the neighbors start to annoy me I will put them on that ship and shoot them off to Planet Nowhere Never To Be Seen Again.